PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton submission finisher

tikayoh
06-21-2012, 02:20 PM
I want to like Orton. He can't help the poor writing team for making him an emotionless stale character. But he does put on good to great matches. So here's my point. Where cena has the stf/AA, jericho has the codebreaker/walls of jericho, Punk has the GTS/vice ect. Think Orton would benefit from a sub finisher. What do you think and what would work for him? It could add a new dimension to his matches

Krysys
06-21-2012, 02:26 PM
I have always thought Orton's backbreaker could be modified into a submission move, torquing the neck and back.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
06-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Possibly. What do you think would work for him submission wise?

If he turns heel a rear-naked choke would be cool. However, I think he just needs some other finisher to mix things up a bit. Maybe a newer variation of the RKO that he uses more than once.

I would like to see him sit him up on the turnbuckle (like Samoa Joe's muscle buster) and come with an RKO from that.

Cabers
06-21-2012, 02:46 PM
I think the rings of saturn (the actual name eludes me as i type) would really suit orton put on his RKO face and boom!

bartish2
06-21-2012, 03:20 PM
meh they will just over emphasize it like the stf like it hurts SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD you need to tap immediately so not really interested.

Vinnie P Jr
06-21-2012, 03:36 PM
I always thought a Cobra Hold would fit Orton. Another submission move like a Minoru Special type hold can fit Orton since hes athletic enough to apply the move but I doubt he'll use it.

I agree Orton can pull these off and make it believable

Lowki
06-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Possibly. What do you think would work for him submission wise?

If he turns heel a rear-naked choke would be cool. However, I think he just needs some other finisher to mix things up a bit. Maybe a newer variation of the RKO that he uses more than once.

I would like to see him sit him up on the turnbuckle (like Samoa Joe's muscle buster) and come with an RKO from that.
He's done that a few times. Once against Christian inside a steel cage and also seen it on punk (when punk was in nexus).
There's also many variations; The one that killed evan bourne (Shooting star into RKO) and when sheamus went for the shoulder block over the top rope.

I think he'd be able to pull off a choke type hold - Dragon sleeper or a guillotine.

LMPunker
06-21-2012, 05:01 PM
idsay a dragon sleeper with his opponents stomach on the floor and hes got sinister eyes to make it look badass

The Hit Man
06-21-2012, 05:24 PM
I was thinking the Dragon Sleeper too!

Joonny
06-21-2012, 06:10 PM
I want to like Orton. He can't help the poor writing team for making him an emotionless stale character.

His gimmick is to be EMOTIONLESS and "Cold".

slapadabass420
06-21-2012, 06:26 PM
i gotta agree on the dragon sleeper.the thought of orton using that move is nice but will likely never happen due to the wwe's undying will to fail at most of the shit they do(coming from a huge wwe fan)

Playboy Stevie V
06-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Hear me out and try to visualize... Abdominal Stretch while driving down elbows and fists of his free arm breaking ribs. Just him going back and forth stretching and striking.

It's simple, easy, no one is doing it and he could make it look real painful.

I can see him making someone cough up blood and the ref stopping the match to make it look brutal ala Brock Lesnar and his old school side ways bear hug.

midian
06-21-2012, 07:26 PM
he could do that inverted boston crab he used a while back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nqtnq6sX0A just skip to 10 seconds

Tommy Thunder
06-21-2012, 07:30 PM
I like the idea of Orton doing a rear naked choke. Would certainly suit him when he is heel, nit too sure about face.

filamentalfart2
06-21-2012, 09:47 PM
randy orton should smother them with his big fat balls

Tommy Thunder
06-21-2012, 09:56 PM
randy orton should smother them with his big fat balls

Anyone want a bet that this is corebore again?

bearkg88
06-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Anyone want a bet that this is corebore again?

You are probably right....*waits for Robstar to swing the ban hammer*

Back to topic, I think a Dragon Sleeper finisher would be sweet to see from Orton. You could see him do his back breaker, and then somehow turn it into the submission.

filamentalfart2
06-21-2012, 10:17 PM

bearkg88
06-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Oh Corebore....that banhammer is going to hurt. Maybe we will get a good line from Bodom!

thedag
06-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Oh Corebore....that banhammer is going to hurt. Maybe we will get a good line from Bodom!

he already pointed out that being banned does nothing. he will just make more names.

to me orton doing submission move would look weird. its like when the rock does it.

Sahu
06-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Dragon Sleeper will suit him...n also the inverted boston crab he applied on Christian is really good...

PSOjedi
06-22-2012, 12:10 AM
I want to like Orton. He can't help the poor writing team for making him an emotionless stale character. But he does put on good to great matches. So here's my point. Where cena has the stf/AA, jericho has the codebreaker/walls of jericho, Punk has the GTS/vice ect. Think Orton would benefit from a sub finisher. What do you think and what would work for him? It could add a new dimension to his matches
Figure 4 Leglock

82Tucker
06-22-2012, 02:43 PM
I'd like to see him use a Twister. It would suit his character perfectly. Here's an example by The Korean Zombie performing it against Garcia in the UFC. This was the 1st ever Twister submission in the UFC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ELV8PjL6c

IrkenInvader
06-22-2012, 03:47 PM
We all know that Randy is the man of a 1004 headlocks, so use that.

Rick BoA
06-23-2012, 02:44 AM
I have not been impressed with Orton since he came back all tatooed up. He is a slow worker and has only 1 move thats fun to watch, however they have massively overplayed the RKO to the point that I dont care if he hits it or not.