PDA

View Full Version : Underused talent

Great One
06-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Two off the top of my head Alex Riley and Tyson Kidd like com'on now why aren't they holding any titles, When Alex Riley turned on the MiZ I thought he was going somewhere but here in the WWE they just flush them down the toliet. And then the thing that really pisses me off is that they keep hiring more talent and not using the ones they have now? WTF!!

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
06-21-2012, 02:19 PM
According to Vince's new 6'2'' 240 lb fetish, Tyson will probably never hold a title unless they bring back the Cruiseweights or he goes to TNA.

In my opinion, Alex Riley just looks like Default Wrestler #2. He needs to more deeply develop his character if he wants to be more than the former sidekick of The Miz. Of course, you can't do that wrestling on NXT and Superstars.

I am honestly not sure who is the most underused because they rarely feature anyone new on Raw.

Edit: I would like to see what Santino could do if he dropped the comedy but one, he is too deep with that, and two, he is not really being underused since he is holding a belt.

bigrence202
06-21-2012, 02:20 PM
i agree with you on Tyson Kidd he is a great talent and can do good things in the ring,his mic work is a bit spotty though, A-RY just seems a bit generic to me he is better suited as a heel though imo,its just something about him that i dont like, i think Heath Slater should be elevated beyond getting squashed every week to a major contender for a mid card title,he has heat with the crowd ,is a decent talker,and is vastly underrated in the ring

tweedidldum
06-21-2012, 02:24 PM
WWE is in limbo right now. Trial and Error. They have no choice but to keep hiring new talent cause the roster is thin enough with all the suspensions and other talents not being used. So yeah i agree with you but they have to keep hiring new talents or keep watching the same feuds over and over again like what's happening there right now. Give it a bit of time and the ziggies and the tyson kidds and so on will be pushed higher up the chain.

Sick powerbomb by Ryback!!! ^^^

Cabers
06-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah that new regulation or requirement is going to kill quite a few of them and Tyson sadly is one.

The Hit Man
06-21-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm hopeful that the team of Kidd and Gabriel will be a success. Hopefully he'll get more air time from being in that team. As far as singles competition goes I'm doubtful that Kidd will ever achieve much success as he's in the top 3 in ring performers in the WWE right now.

As far as Riley goes, I'm surprised how much he has dropped down the pecking order comparing his status this time last year. I think there's still hope for Riley as he does have a look that Vince seems to like and he can get a reaction from the crowd. He some of the best mic skills in the mid card and is decent in the ring but not great. Maybe that's why he's spending so much time on NXT and Superstars so he can improve on his ring work but I expect him to be main eventing in years to come.

SHW
06-21-2012, 05:52 PM
when will you people learn not to believe everything you read in the dirt sheets?

VKM is a businessman first and foremost, his top 2 earners right now are under 6'2 and under 240. He realizes times have changed or else he never would have put the strap on Punk or Bryan to begin with, or have Punk keep the strap since November.

Any businessman who runs a multi-billion dollar company would never restrict themselves to specific types of talent, that is like Microsoft saying they are only going to hire Harvard drop-outs because thats what Gates was, that is just a dumb business decision to limit your talent pool, and VKM is not stupid.

The only "insider" information that gets released concerning the E, is the stuff they WANT released.

If VKM really did say that, which i doubt to begin with, there is an angle involved...

tdp
06-22-2012, 12:08 PM
More Sandow and Slater!! WTF though, when did everyone fall in love with tyson kidd?! He's all over the threads suddenly. Kidd is a turd and tag champ will be the highest mountain he ever climbs.

wrestlingfan66513
06-22-2012, 12:36 PM
I think it's Claudio, he is saddled with an awful story, is getting pushed off Smackdown in favor of Ryback. Riley does look like an average star in my opinion and I never saw him going into the main event scene.

82Tucker
06-23-2012, 09:26 AM
In my opinion the following should be made more use of:

Drew Mcintyre
Swagger
Kidd
Gabriel
Slater
Ryder
Tatsu
A-Ry

Give them chance to build their character and get reactions from the crowd and really go for it. Some decent guys sat doing nothing most weeks!

Snair
06-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Not sure about Riley but Tyson kid is UNDERUSED! He should be on SD or RAW instead of Otunga,Clay or even The Bigslow.

SHW
06-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Otunga

i agree that Kidd deserves MUCH more airtime, he is an excellent performer.

IMO, Otunga is becoming one of the best heels in the E...he has a great snooty look, good in ring ability, and great on the mic...

even though i am probably in the minority, i would like too see Otunga get more airtime...

TempestH
06-23-2012, 05:36 PM
^Otunga gets more than enough airtime. He just doesn't get enough opportunities to wrestle.

SHW
06-23-2012, 05:39 PM
^ that is what i was trying to say, needs more airtime to wrestle :D

HeelTurn
06-23-2012, 06:47 PM
My choice for most underrated is Drew McIntyre. The guy only appears on TV rarely, and its to lose. He is more than capable as a wrestler, and when he shows aggression the fans get behind him.

TempestH
06-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Tyson Kidd is a great wrestler but he isn't the most interesting person to get behind. As good as a technician he is, the crowd won't get behind him unless he stands out from the rest. WWE tried to push him as a singles wrestler back in late 2010 but it just didn't click with me. Kidd and Gabriel as a tag team is a great spot for Tyson Kidd.

I'm not sure as to why WWE isn't doing anything with Alex Riley. He has the look and some charisma but lacks a 'character'. If given a gimmick, it will help him get over with the fans a little more.

I'd argue that Riley doesn't really need a "gimmick". He already has the crowd firmly behind him. We already have guys like Santino, Ryder, and Brodus to fulfill the need for gimmick wrestlers.

SHW
06-23-2012, 07:40 PM
is that not the performers responsibility to do something to, "stand-out"?

the days of gimmicky wrestlers is over, sure you will always have a few, but it is the exception, not the norm these days.

Lee5657
06-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Wwe should just bring back the cruzerweight division, sign a couple more cruzerweights, maybe a guy with a mask like sin cara and put him with kidd,gabriel,tatsu, and a couple of others and it would be amazing.

Lee5657
06-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Sorry i meant cruserweights