PDA

View Full Version : Vinnie Mac and his 6'2'' and 240 requirement

SilverGhost
06-21-2012, 01:04 AM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/6635/vince-mcmahon-frustrated-with-talent-mysterio-update

So Vinnie wants more "big guys" since they have that "Superstar look". I, for one, am not surprised on this but it does anger me that he is over-looking talent for size. I guess he will learn that his idea on the "Superstar look" is flawed when he is not running the company.

Your thoughts?

K2Jelly
06-21-2012, 01:13 AM
They had plenty of opportunities to push the talent that they already have with that height and weight requirement and they screwed it up.

Riley, Swagger, McIntyre, the FE'd DH Smith AND the FE'd Vladimir Kozlov come to my mind the most. So even if new talent were to fit Vinnie's new "You must be this tall and heavy to ride" regime, they'd probably be buried anyway.

Regarding the rule itself, it just shows that Vince is stuck in the past and can't seem to make a way to make superstars out of his wrestlers that are doing their jobs the best.

CM Rock-Austin
06-21-2012, 01:24 AM
They had plenty of opportunities to push the talent that they already have with that height and weight requirement and they screwed it up.

Riley, Swagger, McIntyre, the FE'd DH Smith AND the FE'd Vladimir Kozlov come to my mind the most. So even if new talent were to fit Vinnie's new "You must be this tall and heavy to ride" regime, they'd probably be buried anyway.

Regarding the rule itself, it just shows that Vince is stuck in the past and can't seem to make a way to make superstars out of his wrestlers that are doing their jobs the best.

This right here, if only they could look at the past to see what they did to make people superstars, they wouldn't worry about the lack of main eventers.

SilverGhost
06-21-2012, 01:56 AM
If Vinnie wants big guys, they need to be at least decent in the ring. Not towering or muscle guys that know 4-6 power moves.

Dameduse823
06-21-2012, 02:02 AM
This right here, if only they could look at the past to see what they did to make people superstars, they wouldn't worry about the lack of main eventers.

They can't do what they did in the past because everyone is so worried about going no where near crossing the pg line. I mean can you imagine ten years ago a match being paused so the trainers could put a bandaid on someones scrape? Or Vince McMahon himself getting flack for making fun of JR? They made their bed and their gonna have to lay in it until they collectively wake the hell up and realize their pg era family friendly crap is killing them

Rick BoA
06-21-2012, 02:15 AM
There have been many large guys that have come and go because the fans didnt like them. Right now the fans love punk, bryan and ziggler. Morrison was another one he dropped the ball with.
I understand that you need men that seem to be larger then life but to think that they are always the better wrestlers is asinine.

Mojo Tartarus
06-21-2012, 02:21 AM
Wade Barrett - 6' 7'' and 246lbs. That'll do for me.

TempestH
06-21-2012, 04:16 AM
John Cena is 250 lbs, but I remember a time when he was only slightly bigger than Dolph Ziggler, and they still took a chance on Cena. What changed?

And how could screw up with Alex Riley? Not only is he a big dude, but he can run, jump around and fly like a cruiserweight. He needs to be pushed now while he's still young and still has that raw athleticism.

SkilletBoi
06-21-2012, 04:38 AM
IMO I think that wrestling has developed being the point of being a showcase of body builders doing power moves, fans like to see athleticism where people like punk, ziggler and jomo are practically perfect

unless you can get a 6'2" 240lbs guy to pull off starship pain...

URATOOL
06-21-2012, 05:01 AM
I'm 6'2" and 250lbs. I think I'll drop Vinny Mac an email.

URATOOL
06-21-2012, 05:02 AM
IMO I think that wrestling has developed being the point of being a showcase of body builders doing power moves, fans like to see athleticism where people like punk, ziggler and jomo are practically perfect

unless you can get a 6'2" 240lbs guy to pull off starship pain...

Brock Lesner use to do the same finisher as Evan Bourne!

zz9pluralz
06-21-2012, 05:21 AM
Brock Lesner use to do the same finisher as Evan Bourne!

And also fell straight on his head. Brock Lesnar was a strange anomaly, a "human cheat code" to quote Seanbaby, there are precious few Lesners around and most of them have all the skill in the world, but will still be buried because they can't cut a promo. Vince is deluding himself to think that in 2012, people care about a wrestler's size as opposed to thier ability to entertain a crowd and thier ability in the ring. There's a reason that the current WWE champion is 212 pounds and at the comparatively midget-like height of six one. Somebody hasn't learned a thing from being in the dock have they...

tweedidldum
06-21-2012, 05:29 AM
And also fell straight on his head. Brock Lesnar was a strange anomaly, a "human cheat code" to quote Seanbaby, there are precious few Lesners around and most of them have all the skill in the world, but will still be buried because they can't cut a promo. Vince is deluding himself to think that in 2012, people care about a wrestler's size as opposed to thier ability to entertain a crowd and thier ability in the ring. There's a reason that the current WWE champion is 212 pounds and at the comparatively midget-like height of six one. Somebody hasn't learned a thing from being in the dock have they...

No need to analyze this buddy, they are struggling to fing the right chemistry to bring back the audience that they are losing and with all the recent changes....too big of a list to put on here, they are pulling at strings right now to see what works and when they find what pulls us in they will stick with it till we drop back out....That's how it's been from the day Wrestling entertainment set foot on this earth.

Jerichoholic-NL
06-21-2012, 06:02 AM
I kinda agree with Vince, because come one, do you see some of those skinny wrestlers? they look horrible

Manny_Fresh
06-21-2012, 06:18 AM
I think Vince is ignorant when it comes to finding good talent. i believe nothing will change if he is still stuck in the past. he should be looking for wrestlers that can actually wrestle and is agile in the ring, not big bodybuilders that only have a moveset of 5 moves and is reckless when executing them.

Mojo Tartarus
06-21-2012, 06:25 AM
They can't do what they did in the past because everyone is so worried about going no where near crossing the pg line. I mean can you imagine ten years ago a match being paused so the trainers could put a bandaid on someones scrape? Or Vince McMahon himself getting flack for making fun of JR? They made their bed and their gonna have to lay in it until they collectively wake the hell up and realize their pg era family friendly crap is killing them

I don't think it's a bad thing Vince getting flack, for taking the piss out of someone with Bell's Palsy!

evilash
06-21-2012, 06:45 AM
I'm so tired of Vinnie's bullshit. Bottom line is that Vince McMahon himself LOVES bodybuilding, and is damn proud of the shape he's in. Vince envisioned that all the top WWE Superstars should be bodybuilders because, from what I just mentioned, stems from his love of the muscle-building sport. We fans, I believe, are past that whole "they look like a Super-Hero" types that Vince tries to force on us. Vince would rather have big muscle powerhouses that have only a few moves and can dominate anyone, rather than Superstars of any size that can give us 5-star matches and make us chant "holy shit!" without even drawing blood or putting someone through a table. Vince is so small minded. Guys like Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are not bodybuilder types, but have all put on some of the best matches we have ever seen on WWE TV. Yet, Vince still thinks "We need another Hulk Hogan-type" - types of guys who are fucking incapable of 5 star matches. Instead of a 5-star smaller athlete who has explosive personalities whom we love (ehem...Daniel Bryan...ehem) , Vince would really rather have Big Show and Mark Henry types and say to us "Be impressed by how dominant he is". It's bullshit. This also contributes to why Triple H has ALWAYS walked around thinking his dick was bigger than everyone elses, because he knows Vince gets hard for guys just like him, a bodybuider type "Mister Muscle and Fitness". Guess what? being in great shape IS NOT entertaining. Sure, Triple H is lucky he has talent, great promo and has put on 5-star matches on before (ala his feud with The Rock), but he's egomaniacal about it. This also leads me to believe that when Vince steps down and HHH takes over, the mindset of "Bodybuilders over 5-star match Wrestlers" will continue. P.S. Fuck You Triple H!

HeelTurn
06-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Yes because bringing back Tensai really helped didn't it. Vince still amazes me with some of his dumb ideas.

bearkg88
06-21-2012, 09:22 AM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/6635/vince-mcmahon-frustrated-with-talent-mysterio-update

So Vinnie wants more "big guys" since they have that "Superstar look". I, for one, am not surprised on this but it does anger me that he is over-looking talent for size. I guess he will learn that his idea on the "Superstar look" is flawed when he is not running the company.

Your thoughts?

While that does suck, we have seen HHH bring in people that are not based on sized. Hopefully in the next few years, HHH and Steph take the reigns of the WWE. I think we could see a new influx of very talented people

scribblerking
06-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Talent should always trump size in my book not that it matters...what is truly sad is to see a big guy turn into a glorified jobber like Big Zeke Jackson is now...

daverende5
06-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Darn, I can work to the 240 mark, but I'm just 6.1. There goes my future.

Always funny that alot of the roster guys are billed taller than they are, like Khali 7 foot 4? (heard that a while ago on tv)
Like here, Khali next to Shaquille O'Neal:
http://wwe-pino.blogspot.nl/2008/10/great-khali-con-shaquille-oneal.html

Well, maybe with some boots on there is still a possibility for me :P

I actually think he has a somewhat legit reason for this, nowadays there are a lot of small guys, nothing wrong with that, but I think there is somewhat of a gap between the Really big fat guys and the smaller thin guys. John Cena is in that gap.

jordan1995
06-21-2012, 10:13 AM

awesome sig :)

and i agree that Vince is stuck in the past and hes buried half of the big guys anyway and released many.

FXK2I
06-21-2012, 10:22 AM
It says Vince wants 6'2 guys weighing 240 pounds but honestly I think he wants someone that simply looks big and bulky (someone that has some muscle mass).

For example, Vince would probably accept someone if they had a body like this even if they were 5'11 and not 6'2:

Automatic
06-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Fuck, some people overreact to this. It's not like he'll fire every short guy once the roster consists of big muscular guys.

And to be fair, he's right. He's not stuck in the past. He has a proven track record. Bigger guys have a bigger chance to get over to the masses than shorter guys in America, unless they get bodybuilder big and then it just becomes awkward.

But it won't matter, because Vince will screw it up himself because of his booking. Nobody will get over and no stars will get created. Well, maybe 1.

Cabers
06-21-2012, 01:17 PM

Your thoughts?

I am disgusted at this it is almost on the level of racism when it comes to hiring!