PDA

View Full Version : Did Swagger Benefit At All?

SHW
06-20-2012, 07:11 PM
So now that his partnership with Vicki and Zigs is over, where does Swagger go?

That tag team was obviously put together to help Swagger either get over, or draw heat, but neither was accomplished, still, nobody cares about him one way or another. And that is the WORST position for a wrestler to be in, that is when you get fired.

He does not have the IWC's backing like McIntyre or A-Ry, and people do not sympathize for him like Ryder or Reks/Hawkins.

But at the same time, he is WAY too talented to be put in the Slater/Bateman category.

Just like his title run and 1st push, this was a failure. He has all of the in ring talent one could ask for, but NO charisma whatsoever. The E obviously has a lot invested in Swagger, but when do they pull the plug?

What type of angle would work for him? He does not have the swag to pull of what Kurt did/does, you cannot really have that "all american" look and be a heel, so would he be a better face?

Or, does nobody care and think he should get no TV time and eventually FE'd?

SilverGhost
06-20-2012, 07:13 PM
I want Swagger to be on TV and put good matches. They need to rethink of a better character than "An All American Wrestler" because that worked for someone else.

HeelTurn
06-20-2012, 07:14 PM
I remember writing in the unpopular opinions thread a looong time ago that I don't see him winning a World title again, and I stick with that.

He needs Vickie a lot more than Ziggler does, if he does go off on his own I can see him spending more time on Superstars than he already does.

Perhaps they could pair him with Cole again? Maybe move him to Smackdown?

SilverGhost
06-20-2012, 07:17 PM
I remember writing in the unpopular opinions thread a looong time ago that I don't see him winning a World title again, and I stick with that.

He needs Vickie a lot more than Ziggler does, if he does go off on his own I can see him spending more time on Superstars than he already does.

Perhaps they could pair him with Cole again? Maybe move him to Smackdown?

A move to Smackdown would work IF he is face and we know he cannot be a good face.

HeelTurn
06-20-2012, 07:19 PM
A move to Smackdown would work IF he is face and we know he cannot be a good face.

Has he been a face in his career? A feud with Christian over the IC title could do him some good.

SilverGhost
06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Has he been a face in his career? A feud with Christian over the IC title could do him some good.

Probably for a short while.

If he has a mouthpiece, of course.

bearkg88
06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
He doesn't entertain me in the ring or on the mic. Never really been a Swagger fan. If he were FE'd I would feel bad that someone lost there job, but it wouldn't be a loss to WWE

Tommy Thunder
06-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Swagger needed Vickie a lot more than Ziggler does. I'm not sure why they're continuing with the Ziggler/Vickie pairing. They've been together for a long time now.

I was kind of hoping that Swagger would get Vickie's affection on Monday and they'd move on to be a pairing while Ziggler moved on to better things.
Because let's face it, I really don't see what's next for Swagger. He's super talented in the ring, but he needs a manager of some sorts. I predict he'll go back to being on superstars until they figure out something for him.

K2Jelly
06-20-2012, 07:30 PM
At first, I was kinda pissed off, since I thought Swagger needed Vickie, but now I realize that Swagger really doesn't need Vickie. In my eyes, Vickie's not really good as a manager. She draws heat, yes, but it's drawn more to herself than whoever she's actually managing. Of course, it means two steps back for Ziggler, since he needs to go solo, but I see it as a whole new opportunity for Swagger to get attention in a much more effective way.

bearkg88
06-20-2012, 07:31 PM
At first, I was kinda pissed off, since I thought Swagger needed Vickie, but now I realize that Swagger really doesn't need Vickie. In my eyes, Vickie's not really good as a manager. She draws heat, yes, but it's drawn more to herself than whoever she's actually managing. Of course, it means two steps back for Ziggler, since he needs to go solo, but I see it as a whole new opportunity for Swagger to get attention in a much more effective way.

Btw K2...awesome sig haha. Got a chuckle from me

K2Jelly
06-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Btw K2...awesome sig haha. Got a chuckle from me

WrestlingWithText is the best! :D

MachoManFan
06-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Watching the lead up to their match on Raw I found myself thinking we'd see Swagger dominate but Ziggler ultimately win, which is obviously what happened. It was a good match that showed that Swagger pretty much has Ziggler's number and could be the begining of a good feud for them both. Allow me to spin a story for a moment...

Ziggler is on the cusp of greatness at the moment and doesn't need Vickie to get there. Swagger NEEDS Vickie and all the help he can get, but he knows he can beat Ziggler on the right day so he starts to interfere with Ziggler's matches or, through clever booking, becomes a roadblock between Ziggler and a title shot. While Dolph continues to look strong he can't quite get past Swagger and Vickie starts to get pissed. After a couple of months it comes down to a PPV number 1 contender's match between Ziggler and Swagger. During the match Vickie turns on Dolph but he manages to overcome and win. 4 weeks later he's facing _______ for the belt.

A storyline like this between the two of them would be great for them both and wouldn't even require a face turn for either man. At the same time it would really build Ziggler up to being a credible championship contender rather than the guy who holds the belt a couple of weeks and not again for a couple of years. As for Swagger he has the in ring ability and right attitude to be a great US or IC champ provided his mouthpiece, Vickie, cuts promos for him rather than just being a glorified ring announcer.

TL;DR: Did Sawgger benefit at all? No. But all the cards are aligned to give a real boost to both him and Ziggler.

Y2JLionsault
06-20-2012, 08:57 PM
I think that Dolph is gonna push Vickie away like getting upset when she interferes in matches and stuff like that, then she'll side withSwagger in a match between the two.

IrkenInvader
06-20-2012, 09:01 PM
When are they gonna stop booking him like all the other small technical wrestlers? The guy is 6'5, maybe he should be more like JBL.

riku
06-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Watching the lead up to their match on Raw I found myself thinking we'd see Swagger dominate but Ziggler ultimately win, which is obviously what happened. It was a good match that showed that Swagger pretty much has Ziggler's number and could be the begining of a good feud for them both. Allow me to spin a story for a moment...

Ziggler is on the cusp of greatness at the moment and doesn't need Vickie to get there. Swagger NEEDS Vickie and all the help he can get, but he knows he can beat Ziggler on the right day so he starts to interfere with Ziggler's matches or, through clever booking, becomes a roadblock between Ziggler and a title shot. While Dolph continues to look strong he can't quite get past Swagger and Vickie starts to get pissed. After a couple of months it comes down to a PPV number 1 contender's match between Ziggler and Swagger. During the match Vickie turns on Dolph but he manages to overcome and win. 4 weeks later he's facing _______ for the belt.

A storyline like this between the two of them would be great for them both and wouldn't even require a face turn for either man. At the same time it would really build Ziggler up to being a credible championship contender rather than the guy who holds the belt a couple of weeks and not again for a couple of years. As for Swagger he has the in ring ability and right attitude to be a great US or IC champ provided his mouthpiece, Vickie, cuts promos for him rather than just being a glorified ring announcer.

TL;DR: Did Sawgger benefit at all? No. But all the cards are aligned to give a real boost to both him and Ziggler.

This is how a storyline should be ...and to top of it ; this feud won't require either wrestler to cut promo much ..they can do away with backstage segments...but I think it will be best if it is done on smackdown ..not on RAW live...edited backstage segments will appear better and help Swagger in the process...Dolph does not need this help...

Daffy Duck's Finest
06-20-2012, 09:06 PM

Darn it, this was pretty much exactly what I was going to suggest.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1278324379_angry-daffy-duck.gif

brianjones90
06-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Don't even involve Ziggler with Swagger.Ziggler goes on to do his thing and Swagger goes on to do his thing.Ziggler should be pushed as the next great Heel and Swagger could be pushed as a Anti Hero.

Have Swagger come out for a couple weeks beating up a face(Lets say Kofi) and then have someone like big show attack Kofi where you could have Swagger come to help Kofi.People would wonder why he helped the guy he's fueding with?He goes on to Tag with Kofi only to turn on him by walking out of the match.Follow that up with Swagger making another save for Kofi.People wouldn't know what Swagger is going to do next thus giving excitment to the fans watching that anything could happen.

Viperfish
06-20-2012, 10:31 PM
His lisp is horrid. I'm sorry but he'll never appear to be anything other than a complete buffoon with the lisp that he has. His music is atrocious and has never fit him. I don't recall him ever being a face but I could be wrong... sounds wrong, but if the heel thing isn't working then a change couldn't hurt.

I don't think he can ever really be taken seriously which is weird because he's one of the bigger guys on the roster. He's got the credentials but he's got something about him that people just don't buy into.

The Piper
06-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Don't you see?! Nobody can be pushed until Heath Slater is the World Champion! IT'S SLATER TIME!

aweso_me
06-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Ziggler will leave Vickie and she will try to go back to Swagger. Swagger will embarrass her in a funny way which will make him a face. He can be a face and be like Kurt Angle. Not a wrestling machine but just let his wrestling do his talking. Swagger and Christian had a thing during their ECW days which was good. Swagger doesn't need to join AW or anything. He just needs to be a face. He has a gimmick. Maybe have him tag with Hacksaw Jim Duggan for the 1,000th Raw and be an All American Team. He can turn face then. Have him show up early, be attacked or have a tag match set up where Ziggler and _____ vs Swagger and _______ and Hacksaw comes out for Swagger.

CM Rock-Austin
06-21-2012, 01:13 AM

This will be great to see, wwe "creative" make this happen!

ch.brooks24
06-21-2012, 06:48 AM
Don't you see?! Nobody can be pushed until Heath Slater is the World Champion! IT'S SLATER TIME!

Aww FML. Please don't tell me there's about to be a Slater Movement in the IWC. You guys drive me crazy.

Tommy Thunder
06-21-2012, 07:30 AM

This is a great idea. Such a shame WWE's creative team don't have this kind of vision.

LMPunker
06-21-2012, 07:51 AM
i expect vickie to turn on dolph and be paired with swagger and to go solo

scribblerking
06-21-2012, 08:07 AM
Really the only thing that might save Swagger after a nice long feud with Dolph is to be totally distroyed by someone like Big Show or Ryback so he can be "out for injury" for awhile and come back either repackaged or with a new tag team partner that fits him with a gimmick that suits them both and someone that can handle the talking...on his own he could go a complete 180 and become a long haired hippie who dosen't care about anything or if the "All American" slant stays it would better suit a tag team called the "ALL AMERICANS" maybe with someone up from FCW like Richie Steamboat or Bo Dallas

MachoManFan
06-21-2012, 09:09 AM
This is a great idea. Such a shame WWE's creative team don't have this kind of vision.

This thread is doing wonders for my ego! ;)

Cabers
06-21-2012, 12:59 PM
I honestly think Jack Swagger is in trouble now he needs to change something and quick!

Great One
06-21-2012, 01:49 PM
This calls for a Swagger face turn

FunkyKong
06-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Eh I think his lisp really hurts him. And I don't particularly enjoy his matches unless he's tagging with Ziggler or has a really good opponent like Punk. He doesn't work well with bigger guys like Sheamus or Show.

I think staying in the tag division would be the best thing for him.

Stihltygre
06-21-2012, 03:57 PM
here's the big problem, Swagger is a hell of a wrestler, but as a performer he's crap.. so he'll be in the mid card, package him as dangerous let him hold the IC and us titles give him a tag partner it doesn't matter because he has limited charisma... Ziggler has the whole gig, he makes you HATE his ass, i think turning him face would be a riot because i honestly think he could play it, give him a year or two as a really loved face and turn him again, you'll end up with a heel that people will remember.

Swagger is either going to need a manager, or a partner who has a hell of a lot of charisma ( like he had with swagger) as good as Vickie is as a heel i think her style of heel just doesn't hold him well. he has size on his side. give him some legitimacy and make him go in to hurt people... but for gods sakes don't give him the mic. the all american american gimmick... forget it it's not working find something else.

The Hit Man
06-21-2012, 05:21 PM
They should turn him face as being a heel is doing nothing for him. They should try milk the Swagger/Ziggler feud with a blow off match at SummerSlam.

Once Swagger's finished with Ziggler, they should give him a patriotic gimmick to fully turn him face. He could go around feuding with heel foreigners like McIntyre, Hunico and Cesaro to get the gimmick over. Then put the US title on him. I reckon having that title on him would put the gimmick over really well and would give the kids the mid card Cena to cheer for.

SHW
06-21-2012, 05:44 PM
i think a face turn is the only way to go...

build him up as the clean cut, all-american boy from the mid-west, which is exactly what he is, do not force him to be something he is not. he just never fit in with whole vicki and dolph pairing. you have a stylish cougar, a pretty boy with chiseled features, and then some Okie with a lisp.

turn him by saying vicki and dolph were not his type of people, and he needs to get back to what made him a D-1 All American wrestler at Oklahoma, and that is hard work, following the American dream, blah, blah, blah, and all that happy horses $hit that gets the right type of wrestler over with the midwest and blue collar fans.

Regal>Cena
06-21-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm going to be lazy and just copy and paste something I put in the "Who would you push" thread:

I was thinking that now Swagger has been dropped by Vickie, we could have him join Abraham Washington's stable. He needs to be a singles competitor, quite genuinely I think he is the best wrestler WWE has produced in years, but he needs some personality. I also think he could help add some credibility to O'Neil and Young.

That would also free up Epico and Primo to join Vickie Guerrero's stable (possibly as face's along with a turn that seems to be coming for Ziggler) and lets you put the spotlight on 2 teams, two singles competitors and two managers in one neat storyline. You would also be able to have some good combinations of matches building up to a PPV, and could involve say the US Title by putting it on Swagger and the Tag Belts on Epico and Primo so that you have a storyline focus on the titles that arguably need the most attention creating.

PrimusSucks
06-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Swagger has failed because of how he is booked, if you watch his ECW title reigns he is a hated villian, but since then he had that world title reign where he won a single title defense, the rest were DQ victories, and that does nothing for anybody. And his run with Vickie failed because he never won a single match, you don't get over if you have a losing streak, plain and simple.