PDA

View Full Version : Ryback is the future.

URATOOL
06-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Call it a gut feeling if you like, but I see Ryback being around for a very long time and becoming one of the biggest guys of his generation.

His squash matches are rolling along nicely. He will graduate to 3 or maybe 4 opponents. Hopefully they will give him a decent PPV slot. I'd like to see him take on several opponents and then have additional run ins as well. Leaving the ring full of destroyed jobbers. Then have someone credible challenge him on the following Raw. Lets get this guy up into mid card and then onwards from there.

jordan1995
06-20-2012, 05:24 PM
I bloody hope not cannot stand the guy and he isn't over yet either.
i cant see him getting very far to be honest , although reports say officials are backing him so who knows ?

bearkg88
06-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Call it a gut feeling if you like, but I see Ryback being around for a very long time and becoming one of the biggest guys of his generation.

His squash matches are rolling along nicely. He will graduate to 3 or maybe 4 opponents. Hopefully they will give him a decent PPV slot. I'd like to see him take on several opponents and then have additional run ins as well. Leaving the ring full of destroyed jobbers. Then have someone credible challenge him on the following Raw. Lets get this guy up into mid card and then onwards from there.

If the reports are true that other stars are nervous about stepping into the ring with him because of his rough and tumble style, I'd say it would be iffy. He can come off as a powerhouse, without just tossing the guys around the ring like he does. I think if when he finally faces a real challenger from Raw or SD, if he adjusts his in ring work style a little, you could be right.

stevieg1237
06-20-2012, 05:25 PM
It is pretty much been confirmed by how much Vince likes the guy that he'ss going to be the new face of the company behind Cena. I personally like him, I just have this feeling that he will be shoved down our throats way more than is needed to get the guy over. Oh and one more thing.....STOP FUCKING MARCHING IN THE RING!!

thank you

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
06-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Well he has the build, the look, and the athletic ability. Let just hope he can tell a story in the ring and you maybe on to something there.

People are mad at these squashes; not his fault WWE is just doing some lazy booking for him right now.

akbar
06-20-2012, 05:40 PM
No one might agree with the squash matches but one thing it HAS done, is got Ryback talked about...

Tommy Thunder
06-20-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm willing to give the guy a chance. He's one of very few big guys in recent times that can actually wrestle.

I'm just hoping that they don't just have him beating jobbers for the rest of the year and then say that he's been on an incredible streak. Beating a bunch of 95lbs jobbers isn't impressive when you do it for months on end. Let's see him take on 3 jobbers, then move on to 4, and then let's get him involved in some real competition.

hiphopjunkie
06-20-2012, 06:57 PM
They should put Ryback through a gauntlet match with each opponent getting bigger in both size and popularity. Ending with maybe the Big Show knocking him out, Ryback kicks out at two and then a muscle buster if possible. And that's how you put someone like Ryback over...

hiphopjunkie
06-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Either way he has to face the Big Show

Mojo Tartarus
06-20-2012, 07:04 PM
They should put Ryback through a gauntlet match with each opponent getting bigger in both size and popularity. Ending with maybe the Big Show knocking him out, Ryback kicks out at two and then a muscle buster if possible. And that's how you put someone like Ryback over...

This would be fun to watch!

An AA or F5 is OK to execute on Big Show but I doubt a muscle buster would be!

HeelTurn
06-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Put him in a 30 man jobber Royal Rumble, then I may be interested in him.

mr_pipe_bomb
06-20-2012, 08:31 PM
No one might agree with the squash matches but one thing it HAS done, is got Ryback talked about...

they dont boo a nobody

brianjones90
06-20-2012, 09:13 PM
I can't believe people are actually saying this guy is a good wrestler.This gimmick is so lame and i'll bet this guy is gone within a year or two.He's a transition wrestler at best.He'll fill up some space until people grow tired of the lame one liners and see the truth that this guy sucks.Im sorry,i just don't get it i guess.Why does WWE waste money and time on these guys like Nathen Jones and Ryback when they could hire Petey Williams or Jay lethel?Good wrestlers!

thedag
06-20-2012, 09:33 PM
I can't believe people are actually saying this guy is a good wrestler.This gimmick is so lame and i'll bet this guy is gone within a year or two.He's a transition wrestler at best.He'll fill up some space until people grow tired of the lame one liners and see the truth that this guy sucks.Im sorry,i just don't get it i guess.Why does WWE waste money and time on these guys like Nathen Jones and Ryback when they could hire Petey Williams or Jay lethel?Good wrestlers!

go watch his old stuff. he can wrestle.

JSullivan
06-20-2012, 09:37 PM
I could watch URATOOL create threads all day, always something controversial, always ends in 1,000 replies of rage. Not once does anyone realise it.

CM Rock-Austin
06-21-2012, 01:01 AM
If I don't see him in a proper feud within 2 months, I may lose interest but he still has a chance.

PSOjedi
06-21-2012, 02:43 AM
Actually I only watches his 2 first matches (if we can call them matches....). Each time I see the jobbers in the ring, I fast forward to the next segment/match. I will probably stop doing this, when he'll face the first non jobber guy. For now, this is simply useless and boring.

Pittbull
06-21-2012, 04:31 AM
In all fairness who can you see him feuding with...? If wwe wants to keep his streak going he can't fued with anyone as we will know the end result and he will just squash his opponent everytime! The thing with Goldberg is he had a faction in nWo to run through every week!!

tweedidldum
06-21-2012, 05:23 AM
Interesting. He faces at least 2 jobbers at a time when he wrestles now. They are building him up to be better than Goldberg, obviousley and his streak will double up eachtime because he is facing 2 instead of 1. That will count toward his win streak because instead of going up one win at a time watch WWE turn around and say well he is beating 2 guys at once in one match so really he is gaining 2 wins each match. I will bet anyone this is how that turns out.

He is a freak, but like everyone else is saying on here, where does this angle go when he faces someone legit and if he can beat 2 men and maybe go on to 3 at once than does it really matter who is legit....It's been done before. What worries me is will they have him run into a roadblock when he does wrestle someone note worthy, which kinda wouldn't make any sense, but this is entertainment and it dosn't have to make sense.

Snair
06-21-2012, 05:57 AM

Maybe but his matches looks bit better compared to Brodus Clay.

Jerichoholic-NL
06-21-2012, 06:11 AM
I like the guy. And i always look forward too his matches.

I think it's funny how he throws them around xD

And he does not use the same moves every match. Only the Brainbuster and the Clothesline, but every other match he has like a Powerbomb and Big Boot, then the next match he has the Powerbomb and a Power Slam, than the next match he has other moves

Dr. Death
06-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Ryan Reeves/Skip Sheffield/Ryback, {or any other name(s) he might go by like Neanderthal}, is a roided up muscle-head who is trying to copy the "Goldberg" gimmick to a certain extent. Beating local jobbers in squash matches may get him talked about, but the WWE can only have him do this for so long before interest in him dies.

What I don't understand is why the WWE's wellness policy only affects certain wrestlers that Vince has something against, and not wrestlers that Vince likes but are obviously using steroids?

Anyway, both Ryback and Brodus Clay are gimmick wrestlers that will never hold a World Title in the WWE assuming that their gimmicks don't get tweaked or changed up a little bit.

Cabers
06-21-2012, 01:11 PM
I am still holding hope that he gets what we call credible matches soon. I am beginning to get very tired of all of his squash matches at this stage.

URATOOL
06-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Ryan Reeves/Skip Sheffield/Ryback, {or any other name(s) he might go by like Neanderthal}, is a roided up muscle-head who is trying to copy the "Goldberg" gimmick to a certain extent. Beating local jobbers in squash matches may get him talked about, but the WWE can only have him do this for so long before interest in him dies.

What I don't understand is why the WWE's wellness policy only affects certain wrestlers that Vince has something against, and not wrestlers that Vince likes but are obviously using steroids?

Anyway, both Ryback and Brodus Clay are gimmick wrestlers that will never hold a World Title in the WWE assuming that their gimmicks don't get tweaked or changed up a little bit.

I honestly don't think he's on roids. I've known a couple of guys who are his size and don't use roids. His build, whilst massive, is very natural and even looking. He's not got ridiculous muscle mass all over. He is just a guy with a big, solid frame, that works out a lot and has built on the bulk. I'd so Otunga looks more like a roid bunny.

URATOOL
06-21-2012, 05:43 PM
I am still holding hope that he gets what we call credible matches soon. I am beginning to get very tired of all of his squash matches at this stage.

His matches will progress. I'm sure of it.

Oh and who are the guys in your sig?

Dr. Death
06-21-2012, 05:48 PM
I honestly don't think he's on roids. I've known a couple of guys who are his size and don't use roids. His build, whilst massive, is very natural and even looking. He's not got ridiculous muscle mass all over. He is just a guy with a big, solid frame, that works out a lot and has built on the bulk. I'd so Otunga looks more like a roid bunny.

That could be the case as one never really knows, there's just something about the way WWE is booking him right now that don't sit right with me, possibly the way they have him dominating nobody jobbers all the time like Goldberg used to when he first went to WCW. For a RAW or Smackdown or Superstars showing/taping it's fine as it gets people talking and watching, but as a filler to a PPV is just wrong especially with the talent that the WWE has just sitting there.

The Hit Man
06-21-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm very impressed with Ryback. I liked him back in his Nexus days too as he can go on the mic too. The only thing that annoys me is that there using him in squash matches at PPVs. I don't mind the slow build thats been close to 3 months now. They need to start giving him real competition. Looking into the future, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he's in the World Heavyweight Championship at WM 29 and tbh, if built up correctly, I'd be quite happy with that.