PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

FaceOfSpades
11-10-2010, 09:56 PM
As of this moment who are you marking for?

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Daniel Bryan and CM Punk.

Bodom
11-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Danielson, Punk, and Miz

jhorton1215
11-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Kofi, Punk & Christian

Cornzone2
11-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Daniel Bryan and CM Punk

jcagosto
11-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Daniel Bryan

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Lol so were all on either CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, or both eh? Then i think I can speak for everyone when i say...damn you CM Punk's ass, why did you have to get injured right before you were either about to do a program with Bryan, or form a team with Bryan!!?? Either way it means we won't get to see these guys in the same ring with each other and that really sucks.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Bryan Danielson (I'll never say Daniel Bryan just like I wont say Tara for Victoria in TNA) The MIZ, and Jack Swagger (I like the swagger soaring eagle) Cm Punk and Wade Barrett, AJ from NXT (I'd like to do nasty things to her) last but not least Michael Cole (I'm a proud Cole miner)

Bodom
11-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Lol so were all on either CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, or both eh? Then i think I can speak for everyone when i say...damn you CM Punk's ass, why did you have to get injured right before you were either about to do a program with Bryan, or form a team with Bryan!!?? Either way it means we won't get to see these guys in the same ring with each other and that really sucks.

I spit my coke after reading this

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Bryan Danielson (I'll never say Daniel Bryan just like I wont say Tara for Victoria in TNA) The MIZ, and Jack Swagger (I like the swagger soaring eagle) Cm Punk and Wade Barrett, AJ from NXT (I'd like to do nasty things to her) last but not least Michael Cole (I'm a proud Cole miner)

Are you gonna call Kaval Kaval, or are you gonna stick with Low-ki? I don't know man I wouldn't say never when it comes to these things. If he ends up like a 5 time champion as Daniel Bryan I'll bet you start calling him Daniel Bryan.

Bodom
11-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Are you gonna call Kaval Kaval, or are you gonna stick with Low-ki? I don't know man I wouldn't say never when it comes to these things. If he ends up like a 5 time champion as Daniel Bryan I'll bet you start calling him Daniel Bryan.

Right? The man's on TV and being pushed harder than i thought he'd be. Who cares what his name is. He's still the same man most of us fell in love with.

Besides. It could have been worse.

They could have called him Chubby Mandingo

KYNGDAVE
11-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Big Zeke, Edge, MVP (He's getting a push now), Alberrtooo Delll Riiiioooo!

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Right? The man's on TV and being pushed harder than i thought he'd be. Who cares what his name is. He's still the same man most of us fell in love with.

Besides. It could have been worse.

They could have called him Chubby Mandingo

Exactly. His name aint the point here, it's the fact that he's been a major part of the PPVs, Raw and even Smackdown. The WWE is doing Bryan good right now, and as long as he is on TV every week, i'm happy with whatever they call him.

AceOfSpades
11-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Morrison, Sheamus, All of NeXuS, Ziggler, LayCool, The Miz

SilverGhost
11-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Christian and Wade Barrett

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-10-2010, 11:38 PM

I'm a Bryan Danielson mark that's why I will never say Daniel Bryan. It really doesn't matter what his name is, its just my opinion on the matter. I came to the conclusion to never say Daniel Bryan because of this promo he cut. I don't think this was a script I truly believe he spoke from the heart when he said
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsuQhvq15zM

Bodom
11-10-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm a Bryan Danielson mark that's why I will never say Daniel Bryan. It really doesn't matter what his name is, its just my opinion on the matter. I came to the conclusion to never say Daniel Bryan because of this promo he cut. I don't think this was a script I truly believe he spoke from the heart when he said

There are so many places they could have gone with this promo.

WoodenBulldozer
11-10-2010, 11:50 PM
evan "air"bourne

SilverGhost
11-10-2010, 11:56 PM

I hate saying his "WWE slave name"!

Bryan Danielson FTW!

johnadah
11-10-2010, 11:58 PM

I don't think it was scripted either. I honestly think that interview probably had something to do with the real reason that he was fired.

Rich Cranium
11-10-2010, 11:59 PM

To be honest, that is my first viewing of that video and I had to watch it twice because it is AWESOME!!!!

Rich Cranium
11-11-2010, 12:01 AM
I don't think it was scripted either. I honestly think that interview probably had something to do with the real reason that he was fired.

It wasn't scripted, just look at Matt Strikers face during the interview

johnadah
11-11-2010, 12:11 AM
There are so many that I'm a mark for right now.

Sheamus: He's continually improved since being in WWE and I think the character is great.

John Morrison: Phenomenal athlete, great mic worker, future World Champion.

Bryan Danielson: I've always been a mark for him and I don't foresee anything changing that.

Randy Orton: I used to hate him, but he has improved so dramatically in the last year alone. Nothing to do with the face turn at all. He's just really become better than I ever thought he'd be.

Jack Evans: I'm not much into his character, but he is an incredible talent.

Edge: I told every other fan that I knew from the day he first came on the scene that he would be a World Champion some day. I've always been a mark for him.

Justin Gabriel: I can't wait until Nexus is done so that he can really get a chance to shine.

Mike McGuillicutty: It's obvious he's Curt's kid. He's a natural in the ring and is pretty good on the mic.

johnadah
11-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Sorry for having to use two posts to respond to the topic. As I've mentioned before, I use my phone for the internet and it limits how many characters I can use. Onto more guys that I'm a mark for right now.

Dolph Ziggler: He's got a good look and very good in-ring ability. His IC Title matches with Rey were epic.

Evan Bourne: I can't think of any way not to be a mark for him.

Motor City Machine Guns: The best tag team in the world today. Both guys are very athletic and innovative.

Wade Barrett: He has a crap finisher, but he can talk, he's got a great look and is very good in the ring.

Rockstarella
11-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Dolph Ziggler. Triple H. Christian. Edge. Randy Orton. Santino Marella. Sheamus.

johnadah
11-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Who cares what his name is. He's still the same man most of us fell in love with.

By the way, it is very difficult for me not to pick up that ball and run with it. I figure I've already plagued enough other portions of this forum with gay jokes though.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 12:43 AM
By the way, it is very difficult for me not to pick up that ball and run with it. I figure I've already plagued enough other portions of this forum with gay jokes though.

If Miz ever turned me down I'd go gay for Danielson.

Just sayin.

If you can't run with that im disappointed

johnadah
11-11-2010, 01:15 AM

Just sayin.

If Miz turned me down, I'd brag to my friends about the fact that I got turned down by him. Because he's the Miz and he is... AWESOME!!!

Kashdinero
11-11-2010, 04:52 AM

Just sayin.

Here's a story I thought I'd share.....

Back in '06 I was somewhat of a "crazy party animal". One of the best places to party and "interact" with fit chicks was believe it or not a gay club called Heaven! On Monday 13th of November it was mixed night (the only sort of nights I went to) and me and my friends pulled up outside in a cab. That's when I noticed someone wearing an ROH shirt, I thought it was cool but gave it no further thought. Inside the place was packed as usual but after about an hour through the seriously weird looking crowd I saw him. BRYAN DANIELSON!!!! WTF!! being the "American Dragon" MARK that I am I tried to call him but he ignored me! I don't blame him, he probably thought I was trying it on!! (trust me I would have done the same)

About an hour later...

Me and my friends were in the very chilled out VIP room and I saw them. Former British heavyweight champion and British supercard promoter Alex Shane with Bryan Danielson. Feeling a bit silly after our first "encounter" I sent my friend over to break the ice. A minute later Alex came over, introduced himself and asked me to come over meet Bryan and ROH OWNER Cary Silkin!! On the way over I made a joke to Alex about a couple of wrestlers in a gay club and he assured me He and Dragon were (like myself) AAAALLL about the ladies! (Alex used to date TNA's Winter) When I got to their table the first thing I saw were the two hottest chicks in the club! WOW!....

I won't bore you with anymore details but suffice to say, it was an awesome night.

The point of the story is Bryan Danielson might go to a gay club with you but definitely wouldn't get gay with you! Lol!

SaberToothTigerz
11-11-2010, 05:13 AM

wwe sucks for that bcuz bryan danielson is more than capable of stealing the show and now the wwe knows it

SgtGohan
11-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Miz, Punk, Michael Cole, Santino, Del rio, Edge, Big Show

Bodom
11-11-2010, 07:19 AM
The point of the story is Bryan Danielson might go to a gay club with you but definitely wouldn't get gay with you! Lol!

Like hell he won't

Tell em hawk!"
11-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Flash Funk.

bcfccalum
11-11-2010, 09:55 AM
The Miz, Alberto Del Rio.

P.S what is the definition of 'marking' in the context its used for here. I think i get the jist of what it means, i just want clarification.

Kashdinero
11-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Like hell he won't

Loooool.

Danielson is a 10 on the list of manliness!

johnadah
11-11-2010, 11:43 PM
The Miz, Alberto Del Rio.

P.S what is the definition of 'marking' in the context its used for here. I think i get the jist of what it means, i just want clarification.

Historically, a "mark" was the name used (and still is used today) for a fan that bought into the story portion of the sport. For example, children are always marks because they believe that the sport is not a work. Their disbelief is constantly suspended.

"Marking" for someone means that you are able to temporarily suspend your disbelief and buy into what you are being sold. You know the sport is a work, but you are able to watch the sport with a child's eyes when a certain person is on screen. Whether it is because of their charisma, in-ring ability, mic skills, etc. In my case, I mentioned John Morrison is someone who I am a mark for. I understand that the sport is a work, but I feel like I am 10 years old when I watch him in the ring. I don't care about "the work", I care about his work.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Loooool.

Danielson is a 10 on the list of manliness!

Is that a challenge? I like challenges.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Historically, a "mark" was the name used (and still is used today) for a fan that bought into the story portion of the sport. For example, children are always marks because they believe that the sport is not a work. Their disbelief is constantly suspended.

"Marking" for someone means that you are able to temporarily suspend your disbelief and buy into what you are being sold. You know the sport is a work, but you are able to watch the sport with a child's eyes when a certain person is on screen. Whether it is because of their charisma, in-ring ability, mic skills, etc. In my case, I mentioned John Morrison is someone who I am a mark for. I understand that the sport is a work, but I feel like I am 10 years old when I watch him in the ring. I don't care about "the work", I care about his work.

Perfect explanation.

Kashdinero
11-12-2010, 04:55 AM
Is that a challenge? I like challenges.

Something tells me it wouldn't fit in with his P.G image. We all know what happened the last time he "strayed from the path". Think of his career before You make any advances towards him!