PDA

View Full Version : Could Eve be on her way out of WWE as well?

Glamour Girl
06-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Hey guys! So I just came upon this article I found interesting:

Fans have been wondering why Eve Torres (http://diva-dirt.com/tag/eve-torres) abruptly disappeared from WWE television a few weeks ago. Well, it looks like we have our answer — she has been filming a new NBC celebrity reality competition series, Stars Earn Stripes.The show sees eight celebrities compete in “tough military training exercises”, reports EW.com (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/19/wesley-clark-nbc-reality/).According to the report, like ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, the celebrities will be paired with real life experts with military or law enforcement experience. “Contests range from helicopter drops to long-range target shooting, with the celebrity and the veteran competing as a team. Each week, one team is eliminated.”Joining Eve on the show are boxer Laila Ali, Superman actor Dean Cain, singer Nick Lachey and more.The series premieres on Monday, August 13th at 8pm ET with a two hour episode. Interestingly, that would mean the show goes head-to-head with Raw on USA Network.

As we've seen in the past, with divas like Stacy Keibler and most recently Kelly Kelly, when a model type diva (one without previous wrestling experience) gains some media exposure outside the WWE it opens alot of doors for them in the entertainment industry and since they lacked the strong ties to the wrestling industry that traditional female wrestlers would have they have an easier time leaving the wrestling world behind to walk through the new doors that have suddenly opened up for them. Also as seen in the past Vince was hesitant to allow anyone to gain outside media exposure since Stacy left cause of it so I can't imagine he was too happy with Eve doing this show, not to mention that the show will be going head to head with RAW which doesn't benefit Vince at all. So that being said do you guys think Eve will be the next diva to leave WWE for a career in the entertainment industry?

Tommy Thunder
06-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah why not. I wasn't aware that Eve was so well known outside of WWE to be considered a celebrity that would be asked to do this sort of show.
All in all, I don't think it's much of a loss if she was to leave. I don't find her that attractive, and although she's not the worst in the ring, she isn't exactly the best either. I personally wouldn't miss her.

bearkg88
06-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Its a possibility but like Tommy said, she wouldn't be a loss. Frankly the majority of the divas now if they left, wouldn't be a loss

Tommy Thunder
06-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Its a possibility but like Tommy said, she wouldn't be a loss. Frankly the majority of the divas now if they left, wouldn't be a loss

Exactly. And from what I know, they've got ample cover for any diva they lose in FCW anyway. There's a few of those divas that look the part AND are able to go in the ring, so perhaps loosing Kelly Kelly and Eve would be a blessing.

HeelTurn
06-19-2012, 12:46 PM
I would be more dissapointed than Kelly leaving, no question.

Eve has been doing a pretty good job in her heel role.

akbar
06-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah why not. I wasn't aware that Eve was so well known outside of WWE to be considered a celebrity that would be asked to do this sort of show.
All in all, I don't think it's much of a loss if she was to leave. I don't find her that attractive, and although she's not the worst in the ring, she isn't exactly the best either. I personally wouldn't miss her.
MadMan....

scribbler_jones
06-19-2012, 01:13 PM
I was just looking at that info and thinking what WWE may be thinking with this trend... I doubt they would be happy with Kelly and Eve walking away to careers springboarded from WWE just like that. We as fans won't miss them but I wonder if the 'E will try to find some way to stem this tide. I don't think they will want more of their eye candy to walk away like that...

Lowki
06-19-2012, 02:44 PM
This is more than likely a WWE arranged thing rather than her branching out.

Glamour Girl
06-19-2012, 03:16 PM
This is more than likely a WWE arranged thing rather than her branching out.

But why would they arrange for her to be part of a show that will be competing with RAW's timeslot? If people do watch her on the show they'll be missing RAW and if they watch RAW they won't be watching her show so what's the point? (Yes I know there's DVR, but I'm talking about ratings).

Cabers
06-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Like a guy said recently admittedly I forgot who said it (I think it was a highlander) anyway, not one of the current crop of divas stands out if any of them walked into a bar you would be like oh yeah cool, now picture trish stratus walking in!

PS Unless you like Paige or AJ.

PSS Who is Paige? You disgust me.

CM Rock-Austin
06-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Like a guy said recently admittedly I forgot who said it (I think it was a highlander) anyway, not one of the current crop of divas stands out if any of them walked into a bar you would be like oh yeah cool, now picture trish stratus walking in!

PS Unless you like Paige or AJ.

PSS Who is Paige? You disgust me.
Yea it was a highlander and he hit the nail on the head with that. Today's divas do not stand out at all and I think the women in FCW will do better when they arrive.

Iron Ape
06-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Exactly. And from what I know, they've got ample cover for any diva they lose in FCW anyway. There's a few of those divas that look the part AND are able to go in the ring, so perhaps loosing Kelly Kelly and Eve would be a blessing.
We both know deep down that the talent of any of the up-and-coming Divas is going to get booked right into the ground. Sad but true. They don't even care enough to put something on the television that even remotely resembles an actual woman's division. It's the biggest afterthought going.

LostOmega
06-19-2012, 10:42 PM
I feel like Eve was one of the most underutilized Divas on the roster. She wasn't the best looking, but I feel like she did well in the ring. She was buried under the idea that all divas have to be uber-sexy. When she did that STUPID booty pop before the standing moonsault, I got pissed. When she was given a heel role, I thought she had finally done something right. I liked her their, but if she feels like she can do better elsewhere, which she can, then all the more power to her. FCW has plenty of other up and coming divas to take her spot. I just wonder if the WWE would ever hire Daffney...