PDA

View Full Version : No Way out question, Can someone please explain to me...

dub
06-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Can someone help me understand why a WWE pay per-veiw features a tuxedo match between Santino Marella and Ricardo Rodriguez, a squash match between Ryback and 2 Jobbers, and Hunico vs Sin Cara???? I like the idea of Hunico vs Sin Cara but it was just... there. No build up, no purpose, no storyline, which is why NO ONE CARED! I am so glad I didn't pay for this PPV. From what I understand their were some very solid matches as well but why not just keep the garbage out? don't they understand that fans are spending money for this?!?!?! Save those types of matches for regular T.V.
-Thanks for taking time to read the thread EWN- *thoughts*

CreatureOfTheNight
06-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Very simple, WWE needs to fill in time. Which could very easily be solved, give the other segments and matches more length but hey it's WWE afterall, so logic does not exist.

bartish2
06-19-2012, 09:57 AM
they are just time fillers... thats why its not worth your money anymore 20% good 80% crap. Tuxedo match was a joke, and the squash matches are just the same shit, different day, and main events are always boring now. It's wwe, what do you expect? its entertainers now, not wrestlers xD

HeelTurn
06-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Its a bad habit theyve started to pick up again, they used to do it on the Smackdown brand PPVs years back aswell.

Kincaid
06-19-2012, 10:09 AM
It will take a lot for me to stop watching. I lasted through the years with The Gobbledy Gooker, Nailz, Mae Young giving birth to a hand, Katie Vick, Heidenrich, Anonymous GM going nowhere, Nexus fizzling out before their time, Triple H ruining the Summer of Punk 2 etc. I still look forward to Raw and ppv's more than any other show I watch (which is a lot of television, admittedly). Is it ever PERFECT? No. Even when people say "That was the best episode in a long time!" they always add "Except *insert one or two segments/matches here*" It was a lame weekend with a couple hilights. Meh. I'll watch it next week. Don't like it? TNA is on Thursdays.

World B. Free
06-19-2012, 10:10 AM
No way out was like watching a 3 hour show of raw..... :confused:

CreatureOfTheNight
06-19-2012, 10:37 AM
No way out was like watching a 3 hour show of raw..... :confused:

We're gonna be doing that soon, so that was good preparation.

The Hit Man
06-19-2012, 11:08 AM
They need to start giving time to the mid card and developing rivalries between them. There was only one mid card feud between two actual wrestlers at No Way Out. Pretty bad when you think of the amount of talent that is in the mid card and they're not being used even when there's spaces for it. I was glad at the fact that we saw a fatal four way tag match.

MrFlacid1
06-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Well let's hope this is why they are going to 3 hour shows. Not to put the top guys out even more- but to develop story lines and talent in the mid-card areas.

I can't imagine many reasons why they would decide to go 3 hours. They obviously know their ratings are decreasing, and they might know why. There's just not enough time for other things when the focus of each RAW and Smackdown is to get the major story lines over.

dub
06-19-2012, 12:54 PM
They need to start giving time to the mid card and developing rivalries between them. There was only one mid card feud between two actual wrestlers at No Way Out. Pretty bad when you think of the amount of talent that is in the mid card and they're not being used even when there's spaces for it. I was glad at the fact that we saw a fatal four way tag match.

Exactly hitman they need more time to develop something. I even agree with creatures of the night and bartish saying that these types of matches are fillers But why not put something in those filler slots that is significant??? Why not spend more time building up a Drew Mcintyre/Alex Riley rivalry on superstars/nxt/smackdown or something and have that match take place instead of Ryback squash or Santino/Ricardo? I liked what they did with the 4 way tag match as well but once again...it was out of nowhere like the Sin Cara/Hunico match. If they spent a little time making these matches mean more it could only benefit the stars involved. Why not do some segments backstage of the tag teams involved at no way out mouthing off to one another followed up with some matches between them and then eventually have them all in the ring arguing about who's best and Then a general manager comes out (Laranitis, HHH, Mcmahon, etc) and say: "we will see who's the best team at no way out"...Viola. Not to mention how much they could have done with Hunico and Sin Cara?!?!?!?

Dr. Death
06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
The filler matches were put in and they will continue to be put in because that's what Vince tells creative to do. Until Vince is completely gone from WWE, expect to get crappy PPV's and TV shows since Vince is becoming senile in his old age.

Cabers
06-19-2012, 03:23 PM
I will admit if i paid for that ppv i would be legit pissed it was a moderate smackdown with them filler matches.

imswm
06-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Sometimes there's a method to the madness. I can't speak for the WWE and this PPV, but lame matches are often scheduled after highly dramatic ones to bring the audience down a bit, so they can rise up again for the later hot match.

Kerrastone
06-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Can someone help me understand why a WWE pay per-veiw features a tuxedo match between Santino Marella and Ricardo Rodriguez, a squash match between Ryback and 2 Jobbers, and Hunico vs Sin Cara???? I like the idea of Hunico vs Sin Cara but it was just... there. No build up, no purpose, no storyline, which is why NO ONE CARED! I am so glad I didn't pay for this PPV. From what I understand their were some very solid matches as well but why not just keep the garbage out? don't they understand that fans are spending money for this?!?!?! Save those types of matches for regular T.V.
-Thanks for taking time to read the thread EWN- *thoughts*

95% ofthecard was great so sto cpoomplaing at meanlingless shit

URATOOL
06-19-2012, 06:14 PM
The reason for this is very simple. There are too many PPVs. I've been saying it for years. They need to cut it down to 8 a year and have 6-7 gaps between them. Otherwise we either see the same matches, involving the same people over several PPVs (this can be ok if it the right rivalry, but should be so over used) or we get no real build up or story development.

dub
06-20-2012, 12:05 PM
95% ofthecard was great so sto cpoomplaing at meanlingless shit

4 out of 8 matches no one really cared about (Marella/Rodriguez, Layla/Beth, Hunico/Cara, & Ryback) due to Boringness, lack of storyline, or just plain sucking. So if you do your math correctly... I would say... that's a little bit less than 95% of the card being "GREAT" and BTW I'm not complaining I'm just posting an honest opinion of what I see (I thought that's what this website was for???) and if you thought my post was meaningless then save your time and words by not responding. Have a nice day!