Mikeyboy7777777
06-15-2012, 06:51 AM
a couple of weeks ago i couldn't name 2 tag teams legit tag teams
now we have the usos
the primetime players
reks & hawkins
the absent primo & epico
justin gabriel & tyson kidd
and i could see johnny curtis and michael mcgillicutty tag teaming more often as regal said on nxt
i highly recommend the nxt main event from this week here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De-DO4ciuoU&list=FLEvRZ4xlqZHMp3_jjqhFNdg&index=1&feature=plpp_video
but anyway i would love to hear your thoughts on the pairing of michael mcgillicutty & johnny curtis? and to hear which is your current favorite tag team?

HeelTurn
06-15-2012, 06:54 AM
I actually like the pairing few weeks ago on NXT of Drew McIntyre and Johhny Curtis, especially if they had Maxine with them.

Tommy Thunder
06-15-2012, 07:08 AM
There's a few guys that aren't doing anything that could team together to form tag teams. Build them together on NXT and then eventually bring them to the main roster, like they've done with Young and O'Neill, Kidd and Gabriel and Reks and Hawkins.

There's a good set of teams emerging inWWe right now that could (with the right creative direction) make the division interesting again.

Bodom
06-17-2012, 05:06 PM
How does having four teams, three of whom are active, classify as having a "crowded" division?

Steve Austin
06-17-2012, 05:08 PM
How does having four teams, three of whom are active, classify as having a "crowded" division?

Because1 team holds the titles and another are number 1 contenders! :rolleyes:

Tommy Thunder
06-17-2012, 05:09 PM

The Usos, Reks and Hawkins, Kidd and Gabriel, The Prime Time Players, The Colons, Truth and Kofi.
I count 6 there bud.

Bodom
06-17-2012, 05:15 PM
The Usos, Reks and Hawkins, Kidd and Gabriel, The Prime Time Players, The Colons, Truth and Kofi.
I count 6 there bud.

The bolded don't wear matching tights.

Not a real team until they do.

Tommy Thunder
06-17-2012, 05:19 PM
The bolded don't wear matching tights.

Not a real team until they do.

Haha! Ok man!

Bodom
06-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Haha! Ok man!

It's probably equal parts old school / nitpicky, but things like that irk me. I just can't buy a tag team until they wear matching outfits.

Tommy Thunder
06-17-2012, 05:24 PM
It's probably equal parts old school / nitpicky, but things like that irk me. I just can't buy a tag team until they wear matching outfits.

Yeah I see where you're coming from, and tend to agree. I prefer my tag teams to wear matching gear. I'm sure Kidd and Gabriel will after they've teamed or a few weeks. It took Reks and Hawkins a few weeks until they had matching outfits, and there's been talk that Kidd and Gabriel are going to be pushed as a team, so I expect to see them in matching gear eventually.

Peter Kaymakcian
06-19-2012, 02:33 AM
With tag teams like The Prime Time Players, Kidd and Gabriel, Epico and Primo, Hawkins and Reks could the tag team division finally be on the up? Whatever tag teams do you think the WWE could create to continue to help the tag team division?

1.) Kings of Wrestling

2.) The All-Americans-Jack Swagger and Alex Riley

3.) Young Guns-Seth Rollins and Richie Steamboat jr.(Their gimmick would be two stars who think that they are bigger then NXT and continually assault WWE Superstars until they get a contract for Raw or Smackdown!)

Melevolent 27
06-19-2012, 03:15 AM
We get 1 good tag match at a pay per veiw and you think the div is on the up? Geez it must have been down.

Point 2.) I too want to see Riley team with Swagger, I hope Ziggler is leaving Vikki, yet hope Vikki stays on tv with Swagger who I dont think is ready for a real singles run, so in the mean time Riley and Swagger would work really well.

WeDominate99
06-19-2012, 04:33 AM
No not yet they have to push a former world champion to form a tag team, the miz and rhodes can form a tag team, or swagger and kane (i don't think they are going to give kane a world or wwe championship).

PSOjedi
06-19-2012, 04:48 AM
I don't think the Tag division is "on the up".
The WWE continues to put together some superstars as a Tag Team but after that they brake, and new Tag Teams starts again.....etc....
We won't see anytime soon, Teams that will remain Teams for a long time.
Fueds are.....wait, there are no fueds between Tag Teams actually so, the Tag Team division is only matches with no background

Good Tag match at No Way Out, with an end obvious, as I think there will be new Tag champs very very soon.....:rolleyes:

The Hit Man
06-19-2012, 07:58 AM
I'm quite happy with how the tag team division is looking now. We've got four legit teams in PTPs, Hawkins&Reks, The Usos and Epico&Primo. I wouldn't class Gabriel and Kidd as a legit team just yet. Need to see them teaming up a bit more but I think they would make an excellent team. They need to take the titles off of Kingston and Truth and put them back in the mid card scene. I know four teams isn't great but it's a hell of a lot better than where we were a couple months ago plus I'm pretty sure Kidd and Gabriel well gel well as a team.

I'd like to see KOW on WWE but we don't know how long Kassius Ohno will be promoted to the main roster and if Cesaro is fairing well as a singles wrestler by the time he is promoted I don't see much point in putting him in a tag team just for the sake of KOW. I'm not crazy about the All Americans either. I think Riley and Swagger are better off as singles competitors. I do like the Young Guns team though but I think a face team would suit them better especially as steamboat seems to be promoted as a face on the new season of NXT.

tweedidldum
06-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Screw the teams, what makes interesting teams is when faces team up or heels team up just to make a run at the title ie...DX. You don't necessarily need LEGIT TEAMS for the tag titles ( Rock and Sock ) all you need is more superstars teaming up to try and see if they have what it takes to be and work together as a team to win the tag team titles.

tupelojoe81
06-19-2012, 08:31 AM
I hope tag teams are on the rise.....however, the fans didnt help last night. It was very quiet during that match. It was decent while it lasted.....

The Hit Man
06-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Screw the teams, what makes interesting teams is when faces team up or heels team up just to make a run at the title ie...DX. You don't necessarily need LEGIT TEAMS for the tag titles ( Rock and Sock ) all you need is more superstars teaming up to try and see if they have what it takes to be and work together as a team to win the tag team titles.

Got to disagree there. It's alright having a one off team like DX or Rock n Sock Connection every now and then but to have a solid tag division you need a core of legit teams like the APA, New Age Outlaws, Hardyz, Dudleyz, Too Cool and E&C who were also around at that time.

Pumpkinhead
06-19-2012, 08:32 AM
The tag team scene is pretty interesting right now, they could throw a Slater/Ryder team to the mix too, Ryder is barely being used seems and paring him with a face Slater could make a good team with both guys mic skills

Tommy Thunder
06-19-2012, 08:38 AM
The fact that there's an actual storyline developing with the PtP with AW is a good sign for sure, but we'll have to see if this continues until we can say that the division is on the up.

hystrix
06-19-2012, 10:25 AM
The fact that there's an actual storyline developing with the PtP with AW is a good sign for sure, but we'll have to see if this continues until we can say that the division is on the up.

Agreed. It's a step in the right direction.

Lowki
06-19-2012, 10:53 AM
We already have air-truth, Prime Time Players, Usos, Kidd and Gabriel, Epico and Primo, Hawkins and Reks. I personally think it's coming back slowly. Now it's 3 hour shows, they have more than enough time to put on tag team matches that aren't just to keep feuds ticking over. This weeks NXT had the Uso's against McGillicutty and Johnny Curtis which prompted Regal to say something along the lines of "Tag Team wrestling is on the up". With Vince feeding commentary, i'd say that getting commentators to actually hype tag teams is a good sign. Also having actual tag teams in an actual storyline is another.

MrFlacid1
06-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Like I've said- I hope this is why they're going to 3 hours. Doesn't seem like there's enough time with their current show formula to get the mid-carders and tag teams over.

God, I hope so. The tag division can be great. Hell, I don't watch TNA much at all, but when I do tune in, it seems like they've got a really solid tag team division with story lines and all.

HeelTurn
06-19-2012, 12:48 PM
It all depends on how the crowds react. The fatal 4 way at No Way Out was pretty decent, but nobody seemed to care, same with the tag match on Raw this week. It seems as if fans only care about tag matches if it features established mid-carders and main eventers.

Cabers
06-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Maybe a little early to call that yet. But i will admit it is getting more attention which was badly needed.

Robstar
06-19-2012, 04:02 PM
With Abraham Washington now managing the Prime Time Players, while at the same time actually generating a storyline involving Epico and Primo, I'd say it wouldn't be out of order to hold some small hope that there will be some sort of resurgence of the tag team division. At least for now

TempestH
06-19-2012, 09:48 PM
I was thinking they should pair Alex Riley & Zack Ryder. Both of them are ridiculously over despite being horribly misused. Just keep them together long enough to draw interest in the tag division, and once one or both of them are ready for bigger things, just break them up amicably with no big heel turn or feud, because both are pretty good as faces.

Tyler Durden.
06-24-2012, 07:22 AM
There are several potentially good teams waiting in the wings. Rollins and Steamboat would be a great addition to the roster for starters and The Asscention or whatever they were called on NXT seemed to have potential.

Zack Ryder is now a glorified jobber, turn him heel and put him and Hawkins back together. Ted Dibiase and Michael McGuillicutty would be another good team who have teamed up plenty of times before, and then you have Bo Dallas and Husky Harris. I would also love a return of The Dashing Ones - Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes, they could use Johnny Curtis if they want to keep Rhodes in the singles-tanks.
Add these to the already existing Uso's, Gabriel/Kidd, The Prime-Time-Players and The Colons and you have a very strong tag-team division.

I was hoping to see The Kings Of Wrestling on the main roster but they seem high on Antonio Cesaro as a singles-guy at the moment. Kofi and R-Truth are both singles wrestlers just thrown together temporarily, the sooner they drop the belts to a legit team the better. Truth especially I was enjoying as a singles wrestler under his new ''crazy guy'' gimmick.

Vegas
06-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Yes there is only a few teams but they seem to be a little more focused on tag teams. With teams like The Colons, The Usos, Kofi and Truth, Kidd and Gabriel and The Ascension(Hope I spelled that right) just to name a few it's clear that they are trying to build a Tag Team Division. Now whether or not the put more effort into keeping it around is anyones guess. My question is with the teams we have right now who are the best? Who do you see as future tag champs. Who works well together. Who do you think will flop? Right now I say The Usos are one of the best teams they have. They work well together and can cut decent promos. They can get over as faces and can be hated as heels. It's sad to see them losing as much as they do. What are your thoughts?

Playboy Stevie V
06-29-2012, 03:13 PM
I'd say natural chemistry and double team moves..... The Usos.

Most entertaining, showmanship and charismatic.... The Prime Time Players..... Millions of dollas!

K2Jelly
06-29-2012, 03:15 PM
I'd say natural chemistry and double team moves..... The Usos.

Most entertaining, showmanship and charismatic.... The Prime Time Players..... Millions of dollas!

Stevie ain't got no cuuuuuts, Stevie ain't got no cuuuuuuts, he smart, he cool, but he ain't got no cuts!

Good choice. THE PTP's are my top pick followed by Epico & Primo.

Dennis
06-29-2012, 03:17 PM
justin gabriel and tyson kidd are the best tag team.. tyson kid is the best wrestler out of the tag team division and justin gabriel is the funniest to watch out of the chosen tag teams... 450 splash!

Vegas
06-29-2012, 03:19 PM
I really hope that 2012 can be the year where Tag Teams come back to WWE

Kenny Kaos
06-29-2012, 03:19 PM
I can't believe I'm gonna write this...I like the Prime Time Playerz! They're just so annoying, they work as a good heel tag team.

No idea why the Uso's aren't more over. They look like a tag team, they have great chemistry with one another (they should seeing as they're brothers!)
Primo and Epico are very athletic, they're kind of in a tweener state right now with feuding with the PTP. Not sure they could actually get over as faces.
Truth and Kofi are a prime example of 2 singles guys cobbled together to form a team...and they stick the belts on them. Whats up with that?
Ascension, too soon to say. They have a great look and an interesting gimmick, but they're very green. Be interesting to see where they end up.

Bodom
06-29-2012, 03:20 PM
It's difficult to label any of the current teams as the "greatest", as none of them have yet to do anything of worth yet. That's not a knock on any of them mind you, none of them have been given that opportunity.

That being said, I see The Uso's and Prime Time Players as having the most upside.

Playboy Stevie V
06-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Stevie ain't got no cuuuuuts, Stevie ain't got no cuuuuuuts, he smart, he cool, but he ain't got no cuts!

Good choice. THE PTP's are my top pick followed by Epico & Primo.

ROTFLMAO! Just because I shave them don't mean they ain't cocoNUTS.

SLEEPY LOCO1
06-29-2012, 03:21 PM
The Usos are by far the best tag team in the WWE right now. They are great in the ring, good on the mic, right now the Haka they do is the best tag team entrance and they are pretty over with the fans. I don't see why they haven't won the belts yet, but from what I have heard VKM is punishing them for some beef he has with Rikishi.

K2Jelly
06-29-2012, 03:28 PM
ROTFLMAO! Just because I shave them don't mean they ain't cocoNUTS.

In case you were wondering, I was referencing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ybhWXuklk

Playboy Stevie V
06-29-2012, 03:28 PM
The Usos are by far the best tag team in the WWE right now. They are great in the ring, good on the mic, right now the Haka they do is the best tag team entrance and they are pretty over with the fans. I don't see why they haven't won the belts yet, but from what I have heard VKM is punishing them for some beef he has with Rikishi.

I never heard anything about any beef with Daddy Uso? You know anything else regarding this beef?

BTW love the signature pic. If only they made scratch and sniff monitors.

Kenny Kaos
06-29-2012, 03:30 PM
More Tag Teams are needed. I no I just complained about throwing two singles guys together, maybe doing it with a few lower card guys to beef the tag team division up wouldn't be a bad thing, like Drew McIntyre and Mason Ryan (The Celtic Connection)

Playboy Stevie V
06-29-2012, 03:31 PM
In case you were wondering, I was referencing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ybhWXuklk

Nice..I forgot about that! I'm ashamed of myself and will now only eat half a bag of skittles I have in front of me as punishment. And actually lift up a toilet seat while going to bathroom...today only though!

SLEEPY LOCO1
06-29-2012, 03:39 PM
I never heard anything about any beef with Daddy Uso? You know anything else regarding this beef?

BTW love the signature pic. If only they made scratch and sniff monitors.

Sorry I don't know the exact details, but I do know that Rikishi was very mad at VKM for being fired for not losing weight.

Vegas
06-29-2012, 03:40 PM
More Tag Teams are needed. I no I just complained about throwing two singles guys together, maybe doing it with a few lower card guys to beef the tag team division up wouldn't be a bad thing, like Drew McIntyre and Mason Ryan (The Celtic Connection)

Some times paring up to singles wrestlers can work. Look at Kidd and Gabriel, Kofi and Truth and PTP

HeelTurn
06-29-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm waiting for a match between Epico and Primo and Gabriel and Kidd, that should be entertaining...as the crowd sits in silence.

Vegas
06-29-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm waiting for a match between Epico and Primo and Gabriel and Kidd, that should be entertaining...as the crowd sits in silence.

That would be a hell of a match

HeelTurn
06-29-2012, 03:55 PM
That would be a hell of a match

Throw in a ladder and maybe the Usos and it would be great, unfortunately most fans don't care about tag team wrestling unless it involves ladders and tables etc.

luduca444
06-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Picture this: Antonio Cesaro vs one of the Usos. During the match, Kassius Ohno makes his debut attacking the Uso not wrestling, and thus the Kings of Wrestling debut in the WWE.

One in a million chance of that happening, but would it not be awesome?

Bodom
06-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Throw in a ladder and maybe the Usos and it would be great, unfortunately most fans don't care about tag team wrestling unless it involves ladders and tables etc.

That's what happens when you tell people over and over again for years to not care about tag teams.

Bodom
06-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Picture this: Antonio Cesaro vs one of the Usos. During the match, Kassius Ohno makes his debut attacking the Uso not wrestling, and thus the Kings of Wrestling debut in the WWE.

One in a million chance of that happening, but would it not be awesome?

I'd rather see Cesaro and Kassius flourish on their own instead of watching them squander in the tag division.

Playboy Stevie V
06-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Some times paring up to singles wrestlers can work. Look at Kidd and Gabriel, Kofi and Truth and PTP

I understand what Kenny Kaos is trying to say, I think. And Kofi and Truth are a bad example of making a actual tag team work IMO. They are a perfect example of two single stars being thrown together. I'm a little old school with regards to tag teams and before I start rambling I would like to point out that ALL great tag teams were not like what I'm going to say here in a second. NAO and The Impact Players being a few exceptions.

But here it is. A real tag team to me is a pair of wrestlers who mainly focus on tag team wrestling, such as double team moves and finishers and dress similar like a actual "team." They come out together with their own team intro song and do not just mix their two individual wrestling songs together lazily and have me believe they are now a team. To me that just means they are a short term team at best until they lose the belts and turn on each other to pursue their individual careers again. Creative had nothing for them at the time, but wanna keep them on tv.

Gabriel and Kidd look like a team. Kofi and Truth do not. The only thing they have in common is the color of their skin. WWE had nothing for Truth after his big heel push, so he was Evans replacement.

Just my opinion.

Kenny Kaos
06-29-2012, 04:02 PM
That's what happens when you tell people over and over again for years to not care about tag teams.

WWE needs a tag team that screams greatness, like these guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwlcbsQ5gS4

Playboy Stevie V
06-29-2012, 04:09 PM
WWE needs a tag team that screams greatness, like these guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwlcbsQ5gS4

Nice! I still feel that The Quebecers were the last WWE tag team champions that drew the main event card on RAW or a PPV. The titles were that prestigious then.

I still remember the months of build up to the RAW main event Tag Team title match against The Headshrinkers and The Quebecers. Wrestling fans were glued to their sets. Headshrinkers finally won the belts and RAW went off the air with them holding the belts and fireworks coming out of the ring posts. Good stuff.

Of course no disrespect to the AE tag teams. They were off the hook great, but the tag team championship was rarely in the actual main event, if I'm remembering correctly, like they were when the Quebecers owned them.

WeDominate99
06-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Yes there is only a few teams but they seem to be a little more focused on tag teams. With teams like The Colons, The Usos, Kofi and Truth, Kidd and Gabriel and The Ascension(Hope I spelled that right) just to name a few it's clear that they are trying to build a Tag Team Division. Now whether or not the put more effort into keeping it around is anyones guess. My question is with the teams we have right now who are the best? Who do you see as future tag champs. Who works well together. Who do you think will flop? Right now I say The Usos are one of the best teams they have. They work well together and can cut decent promos. They can get over as faces and can be hated as heels. It's sad to see them losing as much as they do. What are your thoughts?

The Usos can be like jeff and matt hardy, kidd and gabriel can putt the best matches on with their moves, primo and epico can also putt on great matches (epico sucks) butt the PTP are the best on the mic and their gimmick is awesome

SESAfro
06-29-2012, 04:19 PM
I say the main reason I like the Primtime Playas would be 'cause they're black. I like to see my fellow race flourish. It makes me happy they can make 'millions of dollas' doing what they love. So, yeah.

The Usos are the best tag team on the roster. The only other ones close would be Hawkins & Reks closely followed by Prime & Epico. I remember Josh Mathews (or was is Scott Stanford) that said that the tag team division is heating up and I fully agree with 'em

Kenny Kaos
06-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Tag teams are all about chemistry. Road Dogg and Billy Gunn, two average wrestlers...one of the best tag times of the modern era

Cabers
06-29-2012, 05:02 PM
#wewanthawkins&reks

Edgehead_14
06-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Today in the Wwe the best tag team has to be the uso's. They have great moves and there talent is amazing. Hopefully one day they could be used in a great story-lines with the prime time players. Wwe has amazing talent but are unable to use them. I will be writing a blog soon enough about the current state of the Wwe and superstars that can help the 'E progress in the following years. Thank you very much.

- Edgehead_14

bickuriboox
06-29-2012, 05:31 PM
The wwe has almost come to the reincarnation of their teams at the height of the tag team era... being the ptp are running the annyoying e&c gimmick of old, the uso's being the "brother" and a little larger then their competition being the dudlies and primo and epico being the high flying brothers with the female vallet in the hardyz... now they just need to push them all to greatness... cause everyone would love to see a match the could even be compared to the original tlc matches

Playboy Stevie V
06-29-2012, 06:18 PM
The wwe has almost come to the reincarnation of their teams at the height of the tag team era... being the ptp are running the annyoying e&c gimmick of old, the uso's being the "brother" and a little larger then their competition being the dudlies and primo and epico being the high flying brothers with the female vallet in the hardyz... now they just need to push them all to greatness... cause everyone would love to see a match the could even be compared to the original tlc matches

I can see your point, but WWE "height" of tag team wrestling being when E & C, hardys and Dudleys were rolling can be debatable.

I'm not knocking them, because they had the best tag team matches prob ever, but that era wasn't the "height" imo.

The height was before that (80s early 90s) when they had about give or take 12 HOF worthy real tag teams under contract at any given time. Such as: Demolition, Brain Busters, Hart Foundation, Rockers, The Fabulous Rougeaus, Nasty Boys, Powers of Pain, Orient Express, Beverly Brothers, Strike Force, Killer Bees, US Express, Dream Team, Quebecers, Headshrinkers, Steiners, LOD, Money INC, Natural Disasters,British Bulldogs, Volkoff and Sheiky BABY!

That to me was the height of tag team wrestling. AND I DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH ON OLD WCW, WCCW OR AWA TEAMS.

Freebirds, Midnight Express, Varsity Club, Miracle Violence Connection, Dynamic Duo, Rock n Roll Express, Skyscrapers, Hollywood Blondes, Rude & Fernandez etc anyone?

Now that was tag team wrasslin.

PSOjedi
06-29-2012, 06:21 PM
The last time Tag Teams were really interesting was when they Unified the WWE/WHC Tag Team belt with The Colons & The Miz & John Morrison. As soon as both tag teams broke, the Tag division was finished. I really think this is not going to change soon

rhyno535
06-29-2012, 06:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpvhdO0eiY8

Best Tag Team in the history imo.
Well to go with the other guys i think Kidd and Gabriel is the best tag team and PTP is the best Heel tag team.

Playboy Stevie V
06-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Since poeple are posting videos of cool tag intros, heres mine. This is classic and always makes me laugh at the douchebaggery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcjzJgDz1BM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BTW, best tag team ever imo, the innovator's of cool to be a heel.....The Fabulous Freebirds.

Edgehead_14
06-29-2012, 07:59 PM
In order to have a great team, they both have to share the same chemistry. For example, take the Hardy's. Gifted team with all good aspects and they knew there way around the ring. Many of these teams do not have the same chemistry that is why they are unable to work good in the ring.

- Edgehead_14

LostOmega
06-29-2012, 08:40 PM
I think the best tag teams are The Usos, PTP, and Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins. I was ecstatic when I watched Reks and Hawkins take on The Usos on Superstars. PTP are fun to watch, but I want to watch them in the ring a little more before declaring them to be THE best in the WWE.

Kenny Kaos
06-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Since poeple are posting videos of cool tag intros, heres mine. This is classic and always makes me laugh at the douchebaggery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcjzJgDz1BM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BTW, best tag team ever imo, the innovator's of cool to be a heel.....The Fabulous Freebirds.

Hahaha Joel Gertner was the man. I can see him working well in WWE PG TV...maybe not ;)

Peter Kaymakcian
07-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like no tag team in the WWE has a gimmick anymore? The only one I can think of right now is the Prime Time Players with a young up and comers gimmick, but I think even that is a stretch. I'd like to see more tag teams with some sort of gimmicks because the pieces are there and it could help rebuild the division and make people more invested.

1.) Gabriel and Kidd-International heart throb gimmicks. Treat them sort of like a boy band type tag team. Give them a manager or valet.

2.) Reks and Hawkins-Enforcers type gimmick/hired guns. I think this could really be useful for them because of their size and the fact that they are heels. Have guys like Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, and other smaller heels hire them to soften up their opponents or protect them from people they pissed off.

3.) Usos-Give them a hip hop gimmick/ghetto gimmick. WWE started this when they first came out, but stopped it. I think they would benefit much more from being looked at as people who like hip hop and rap rather then Samoans like they are now.

4.) Epico and Primo-Bill them as they are. Second generation wrestlers who are looking to take their father's legacy into the WWE.

5.) Camacho and Hunico-Gangster type gimmick. They already have the gimmick just put them in the tag team division. Maybe add a third guy make him like a muscle type since Camacho is a little small to be an enforcer. Would really help develop the gang warfare mentality of the group using the numbers game.

Any other teams you think could use a gimmick?

Playboy Stevie V
07-01-2012, 03:43 AM
I'm diggin the Kidd and Justin heart throb gimmick. That's a great idea for them.

TempestH
07-01-2012, 04:28 AM
The Usos are the same as they were when they debuted. Their gimmick didn't revolve around being hip hop/ghetto. Their gimmick is that even though they're proud of their Samoan heritige, they're the antithesis of "stereotypical Samoan savages" like The Headshrinkers, The Wild Samoans and other Samoan wrestlers before them.

Lowki
07-01-2012, 08:47 AM
1) I really like the sound of this. The only problem with this is Gabriel is going to eventually HBK Kidd =[ Plus, you know what happens when WWE puts heartthrob gimmicks on people...

2)The only problem with this is people will cry that they are trying to be the APA. I like these gimmiicks though. I would expect them to gradually go from lower card heels, to being hired by a top heel in order to win a title. This would probably end in a stable, like the 'Cabinet' with JBL.

3) I think the Samoan gimmick is quite over for the Uso's. It's different and for people who watch rugby, a Haka is always awesome to see. Plus, they are keeping to their island roots by having their theme song rapped by New Zealand rapper David Dallas (who btw is pretty awesome - Rose Tint is a hell of an album!). It's about them being true to their roots whilst infusing that with the fact that they grew up on the west coast (They are actually American born).

4) Yeah.

5) They'd be alright i think. They have that Little/large combo that always adds something different in tag matches. There's probably someone big in FCW they could use as a third man - it's usually the enforcer in these types that go on to be the guy who breaks off and gets pushed anyway.

Joonny
07-01-2012, 10:29 AM
The Ascension on NXT has an AWESOME gimmick.
Creepers in the night/Vampires.

Cabers
07-01-2012, 11:20 AM
The Ascension on NXT has an AWESOME gimmick.
Creepers in the night/Vampires.

My thought exactly they have a gimmick tag team they just haven't promoted them yet!

Dameduse823
07-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Those are all pretty solid ideas, the only problem I see is that I don't think Hawkins has the size to fit and enforcer gimmick.

Ryback and Mason Ryan - Match Ryan to Rybacks gimmick, no promos, no talk just comes out and destroys everyone they come up against. Having them bowl through teams so easily would eventually give alot of credibility to the guys that actually put on a serious match with them.

Jack Swagger and Evan Bourne - I can see this being a team that gets tossed together and starts out hating each other. Swagger will be the more serious of the two and Bourne will be this overly hyper character. I can see tehir in ring work meshing well with Swaggers mat wrestling and Bournes speed and high flying

Robstar
07-01-2012, 03:24 PM
I think I read it from Matt Hardy the other day where he was saying that when he and Jeff came up it was a great time for teams because they had Stone Cold and The Rock selling out everywhere and so they were given a much more free reign since the higher ups were less concerned with worrying about butts in seats and subsequently, I assume, not hassling that tier of talent and/or blaming them for the lack of success, which is patently ridiculous in the first place.
Guys from the era Hardy was talking about had 2 great advantages - 1) knowing they weren't going to be held responsible for attendance and 2) greater creative licence - the chance to take a chance and do something to make yourself stand out.

Pumpkinhead
07-01-2012, 03:36 PM
I think I read it from Matt Hardy the other day where he was saying that when he and Jeff came up it was a great time for teams because they had Stone Cold and The Rock selling out everywhere and so they were given a much more free reign since the higher ups were less concerned with worrying about butts in seats and subsequently, I assume, not hassling that tier of talent and/or blaming them for the lack of success, which is patently ridiculous in the first place.
Guys from the era Hardy was talking about had 2 great advantages - 1) knowing they weren't going to be held responsible for attendance and 2) greater creative licence - the chance to take a chance and do something to make yourself stand out.

I think they had a larger roster back then so it was easier to use talent in tag teams, they also have a big roster now but many of the talent is just coming up and haven't made a name for themselves yet

Kenny Kaos
07-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Just watched the latest NXT, Carter and Graves, they look decent