PDA

View Full Version : Could there be one MITB Ladder Match this year?

Dashing Rachel
06-18-2012, 01:37 AM
I got to thinking about the Money in the Bank PPV and my gut feeling tells me that there will only be one Money in the Bank ladder match with the winner getting a either a future WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship match as opposed to two MITB Ladder Matches the last two years with WWE Brand Extension being an afterthought these days as well as a thin roster. What do you think?

EWN Probie
06-18-2012, 01:43 AM
I got to thinking about the Money in the Bank PPV and my gut feeling tells me that there will only be one Money in the Bank ladder match with the winner getting a either a future WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship match as opposed to two MITB Ladder Matches the last two years with WWE Brand Extension being an afterthought these days as well as a thin roster. What do you think?

why? there are two brands meaning there will be TWO ladder matches regardless of the roster shape.

B-MCINTYRE
06-18-2012, 02:00 AM
I think that one is better anyway, however they will continue to pretend that the separate rosters are separate and keep the two matches for the time being. While they keep both world titles and give it a special PPV they will have two money in the bank matches.

KJ PUNK
06-18-2012, 02:06 AM
They'll keep two matches as long as it's on PPV (which this year is likely to be the last). I would much rather prefer them to move it back to WM and have the winner the option to challenge for either title. It keeps is suspenseful since you never know when someone running in with a briefcase could pop out, especially with the brand seperation meaning absolutely nothing now.

EWN Probie
06-18-2012, 02:26 AM
They'll keep two matches as long as it's on PPV (which this year is likely to be the last). I would much rather prefer them to move it back to WM and have the winner the option to challenge for either title. It keeps is suspenseful since you never know when someone running in with a briefcase could pop out, especially with the brand seperation meaning absolutely nothing now.

You make a valid point KJ hopefully the monkeys at WWE Creative are smart enough to figure this one out

KJ PUNK
06-18-2012, 02:35 AM
You make a valid point KJ hopefully the monkeys at WWE Creative are smart enough to figure this one out

Well I think that they did and were going to have just one at WM this year with Barrett winning it, but that all changed with his injury.

EWN Probie
06-18-2012, 02:42 AM
Well I think that they did and were going to have just one at WM this year with Barrett winning it, but that all changed with his injury.

I think so too but time will tell for now i guess

Amerinaine
06-18-2012, 03:01 AM
Not to mention Cole said tonight that the next PPV MITB is where each brand will fight for a contract to be cashed in at anytime against the appropriate brand.

Yes, I misquoted him immensely, but the effect is still there.

KJ PUNK
06-18-2012, 03:06 AM
Not to mention Cole said tonight that the next PPV MITB is where each brand will fight for a contract to be cashed in at anytime against the appropriate brand.

Yes, I misquoted him immensely, but the effect is still there.

Ah, I haven't had a chance to watch NWO yet. So that's good. I like the one match better than having two. Let's be honest, when there were two matches there were only 2 people in each match who had a legit shot of winning it. At least when it's one, there's 3 or 4 that could come away with it.

Amerinaine
06-18-2012, 03:08 AM
Ah, I haven't had a chance to watch NWO yet. So that's good. I like the one match better than having two. Let's be honest, when there were two matches there were only 2 people in each match who had a legit shot of winning it. At least when it's one, there's 3 or 4 that could come away with it.

Read my post again sir. You missed what was said. There will be 2 MITB matches this year.

KJ PUNK
06-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Read my post again sir. You missed what was said. There will be 2 MITB matches this year.

Ah. For some reason I read each brand as in each brand will be competing for a singular contract. Cut me some slack. It's 3:12 a.m. and my reading comprehension skills aren't up to snuff.

Amerinaine
06-18-2012, 03:13 AM
Ah. For some reason I read each brand as in each brand will be competing for a singular contract. Cut me some slack. It's 3:12 a.m. and my reading comprehension skills aren't up to snuff.

I am. I went back and edited it to tell you why you failed, instead of making you find it for yourself. :p

It is 3:12 where I am at too.

Dashing Rachel
06-18-2012, 03:30 AM
Well, my blog discussing my projected card for the Money in the Bank PPV PPV will no doubt have one MITB Ladder Match. http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/entry.php?42960-My-Projected-Money-in-the-Bank-card

Having two brand separate MITB Ladder Matches will result in low-card guys such as Hunico, Alex Riley, Jinder Mahal, Tyson Kidd, etc. competing and that would lower the buyrates.

This way, having one MITB Ladder Match will have the top guys as well as having an option of either the WWE Championship or the World Heavyweight Championship.

Mojo Tartarus
06-18-2012, 04:43 AM
As a few others have said, while there is a MITB PPV you will get two ladder matches. This will only go to one if they put it back on WM, which is my preferred option.

Really looking forward to MITB this year, I'm hoping for a huge return for Wade Barrett!

Keith Stone
06-18-2012, 05:34 AM
I think they need to spice it up a bit. They need to put two rings together wcw style and have a 14 man money in bank match. I would overpay for a ppv just to see that.
imagine
7 guys from Smackdown
Cody Rhodes, Christian, Drew Mcintrye, Tyson Kidd, Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett, Antonio Casaro
7 guys from RAW
the returning Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Sin Cara, Epico, Primo
one briefcase is always better than two because only one makes it more important

Mr. Ziggles
06-18-2012, 06:44 AM
I think they need to spice it up a bit. They need to put two rings together wcw style and have a 14 man money in bank match. I would overpay for a ppv just to see that.
imagine
7 guys from Smackdown
Cody Rhodes, Christian, Drew Mcintrye, Tyson Kidd, Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett, Antonio Casaro
7 guys from RAW
the returning Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Sin Cara, Epico, Primo
one briefcase is always better than two because only one makes it more important

Having Y2J win the Raw ladder match, could actually be quite interesting, have him take time off with fozzy then come back out of nowhere and Cash in on CM Punk, now that would be amazing.

Cabers
06-18-2012, 02:00 PM
why? there are two brands meaning there will be TWO ladder matches regardless of the roster shape.

True that makes sense. But this is wwe so who knows!

HeelTurn
06-18-2012, 02:02 PM
I can see them doing 2, it will be more exciting for the paying fan. Personally I loved when there was one holder who could cash in on anyone anywhere, not a brand specific champ, it was more unpredictable that way.