PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With EWN?

Pages : 1 [2]

thejman93
06-18-2012, 04:14 PM
May I have your attention please. I've always wanted to say that.

I've been watching this thread, trying to digest it and to be honest, it's not worth it :)

I'm sure it's no skin off anyone elses nose but i'm gonna just walk away from the feds and the site, it's just no fun anymore. Whether it's 'feral children' attacking others in a pack mentality, people taking feds too seriously, backroom politics or mods swinging the ban hammer, it's just no fun anymore.

For the record, I don't agree with the bans of a couple of those affected, considering there are other forum users who are guilty of MUCH worse in my eyes, just a little inconsistent, but hey i'm not a mod and i'm sure they have their reasons. Fare thee well EWN.

Ahhh Torphs, will you at least stick it out 'till we have a concrete decision? Check out the new site if that's the route we go? I'd hate to see somebody as good at this stuff as you are just walk away. :)

AirBourne
06-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Then my advice is to save what you can to your comp and Frank has said he will relaunch an efed in some form later on. There has to be more to life than efeds surely?

None of us are saying that all there is to life is e-Feds, but I'm sure, not only myself, but others would say they enjoy e-feds. And I don't think anyone would want to see them go, that's all.

AirBourne
06-18-2012, 04:16 PM

I've been watching this thread, trying to digest it and to be honest, it's not worth it :)

I'm sure it's no skin off anyone elses nose but i'm gonna just walk away from the feds and the site, it's just no fun anymore. Whether it's 'feral children' attacking others in a pack mentality, people taking feds too seriously, backroom politics or mods swinging the ban hammer, it's just no fun anymore.

For the record, I don't agree with the bans of a couple of those affected, considering there are other forum users who are guilty of MUCH worse in my eyes, just a little inconsistent, but hey i'm not a mod and i'm sure they have their reasons. Fare thee well EWN.

I hope none of this was in any way pointed towards me Torphy. But, I'm saddened to see you go, you brought a lot to the table, and a class act. I wish you would stay, and maybe you'd reconsider. But that is your decision, I hope to see you around.

TheDevilsAdvocate
06-18-2012, 04:19 PM
I hope none of this was in any way pointed towards me Torphy. But, I'm saddened to see you go, you brought a lot to the table, and a class act. I wish you would stay, and maybe you'd reconsider. But that is your decision, I hope to see you around.

I second this. It was nice knowing you Torphy.

K2Jelly
06-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Man. This day keeps getting worse.

I'm sorry, Torphy. Best of luck out there.

SLEEPY LOCO1
06-18-2012, 04:34 PM

I agree 100% with everything Torphy has said here.

Poot-Hair
06-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Wow, there is so much drama here it feels like a bunch of teen girls on their period.

Broc, Sully, Giddy, Steve, and Pau are gone. Period. No coming back. Gone. No amount of posting, arguing, or childish shenanigans is going to bring them back. Honestly, good riddance to the lot of them. I don't have any personal problems against any of those kids (I even have Giddy referenced in my signature) but I DO have problems with the way they went about things.

The "Pack" mentality, the clique mentality whatever you want to call it is simply uncalled for on these forums. The passive aggressive bullying (as Robstar so perfectly put it) was wrong. They were given multiple chances, and this site is for the better with them gone. I'm sorry to say it but it's truth. If it were me that was causing the trouble, I'm sure I'd be on the receiving end of the hammer of ban and I couldn't blame them.

As for the e-feds, I hope they stay. I'm deeply immersed in the forum section and mostly the efeds so I hate the fact that they are leaving. You guys HAVE to understand that if Frank does decide to keep the feds, no more of this Tom Foolery can be allowed. Seriously. All this fighting, drama, and childish antics only makes our case look weaker for keeping the feds. Let's all just move forward and get through this.

akbar
06-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Con te partiró...and The show must go on.

PandaMassacre
06-18-2012, 04:42 PM
:P I think half of these departures are silly. They were not sentenced to death.

Never make choices while the seeds are being planted from the withered remains of a dying tree. The new tree might be just as beautiful if you give it a chance. We were just fine before efeds and we would be fine without it. If it stays then woohoo! But you people need to stop with your emotional roller coasters. Be positive!

Y2Jryder
06-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Apart from the efedding with Giddy, Broc Pau and Sully thing,

But why is Steve banned?

K2Jelly
Apart from the efedding with Giddy, Broc Pau and Sully thing,

But why is Steve banned?

Go to page 7.

eboy
Efeds stay I stay, Efeds go I go, now you may not care much about me but for anyone who enjoyed being in efeds for a single moment, should do the same IMO.

That's what it comes down to sadly, still its down to frank.

but like I said all of this can be fixed.

KJ PUNK
:P I think half of these departures are silly. They were not sentenced to death.

Never make choices while the seeds are being planted from the withered remains of a dying tree. The new tree might be just as beautiful if you give it a chance. We were just fine before efeds and we would be fine without it. If it stays then woohoo! But you people need to stop with your emotional roller coasters. Be positive!

What the Panda said. Everyone should just wait it out until we find out what Frank's decision is.

Grind_Bastard
06-18-2012, 04:47 PM
I won't discuss the bannings, I do not follow everything that's going on here, so I have no idea if they are fair or not, that's the mods decision and I won't question it.

Regarding e-feds, I know they have caused many problems, but I hope they stay.

The worst thing going on ATM is Torphs leaving:(

akbar
06-18-2012, 04:52 PM
I won't discuss the bannings, I do not follow everything that's going on here, so I have no idea if they are fair or not, that's the mods decision and I won't question it.

Regarding e-feds, I know they have caused many problems, but I hope they stay.

The worst thing going on ATM is Torphs leaving:(
Just out of curiousity, Torphy seems to be sad departure for a lot of people. Who was he?

Robstar
06-18-2012, 04:57 PM
No amount of deflecting, denying, foot stomping or ignorance can change the fact that that little bunch has ruined it for you all. Go ahead and blame the mods - it's quite clear that those who piss and moan wouldn't have what it takes to do our job with the class and even handedness we do. Fact. Very easy to coach from the sidelines isn't it?

Grind_Bastard
06-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Just out of curiousity, Torphy seems to be sad departure for a lot of people. Who was he?

He wasn't too much around recently due to his real life job. But he was an active member of EWN, former EWNCW creative member, and had one of my fav characters around, Arthur Lansdale.

Robstar
06-18-2012, 05:00 PM
The fallout was going to be inevitable. People leaving? Sit, people have been leaving BECAUSE of the people who were banned - didn't seem to matter to some people then.

Y2JRyder - if you bother to read my posts, you'll have the answer to your question about Austin. Take it or leave it, you're not getting any more

Destruction
06-18-2012, 05:00 PM
I would like to apologize for my little rants earlier. It was uncalled for, and childish. Thank you to those who stopped me from going futher, and sorry mods for the hassle

bearkg88
06-18-2012, 05:01 PM
No amount of deflecting, denying, foot stomping or ignorance can change the fact that that little bunch has ruined it for you all. Go ahead and blame the mods - it's quite clear that those who piss and moan wouldn't have what it takes to do our job with the class and even handedness we do. Fact. Very easy to coach from the sidelines isn't it?

I'm not blaming the mods. I understand why you banned who you banned. I have no issue with that. my only issue is the masses being scolded because of the few "bad eggs". Just seems counter productive. I think with Broc, Sully, pau, and Giddy gone, things will just be productive and the efed section will be what it should be, a fun place for people to just be creative.

Vandarius
06-18-2012, 05:01 PM

I don't understand ... I don't see anyone blaming any of the mods, honestly. We all understand that those few who caused the problems have hurt our chances of keeping the e-Feds here on EWN. None of us have said we could do the mods jobs any better, nor have we said we could do it at all. We are just keeping a positive outlook on this situation, and nothing more. We're being respectful about this situation and just trying to keep our business within the e-Feds here on EWN, and not on another site. This is our e-Fed home.

K2Jelly
06-18-2012, 05:02 PM
I would like to apologize for my little rants earlier. It was uncalled for, and childish. Thank you to those who stopped me from going futher, and sorry mods for the hassle

No problem. Believe me. That's a line you DO NOT want to cross ever again.

It's a miracle I'm still here after my recent actions with The Kliq. I didn't want you to go too.

Poot-Hair
06-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Maybe it's time for this thread to be closed....everyone has already said their peace and it's only continuing to cause me b.s. Just my opinion

Y2Jryder
06-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Go to page 7.
Okay, thanks:)

Krysys
06-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Maybe it's time for this thread to be closed....everyone has already said their peace and it's only continuing to cause me b.s. Just my opinion
I agree with Poot, the longer this thread remains active the longer the drama will continue, my opinion on the matter.

K-Jammin
06-18-2012, 05:09 PM
IMO, there's really no need to get upset about anyone getting banned from the site. No one's died, I'm sure you can find other ways of communicating with them if you're as close as you make out you are. But as I said, that's just my opinion. I'm not saying you guys don't have the right to be upset.

Personally I can't wait until all this dies down and then we can all get back to what we do best, acting as though we know everything about wrestling.

Grind_Bastard
06-18-2012, 05:10 PM
I third. I don't think there's anything coherent left to be said.

KJ PUNK
06-18-2012, 05:13 PM
I third. I don't think there's anything coherent left to be said.

I disagree. This sentence, for example, is completely coherent.

:cool:

K2Jelly
06-18-2012, 05:15 PM

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why I hate him. :p

On topic, unless there needs to be more issues discussed, I don't see the point of this thread remaining open.

Grind_Bastard
06-18-2012, 05:15 PM

Got owned.

KJ PUNK
06-18-2012, 05:16 PM
This, ladies and gentlemen, is why I hate him. :p

On topic, unless there needs to be more issues discussed, I don't see the point of this thread remaining open.

You jelly, Jelly?

On topic: I agree. Let's close this thread down.

thejman93
06-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Yeah...[/thread]..........

Tommy Thunder
06-18-2012, 05:17 PM

I'm amazed that this thread has been allowed to amass nearly 30 pages frankly.

Y2Jryder
06-18-2012, 05:17 PM
IMO, there's really no need to get upset about anyone getting banned from the site. No one's died, I'm sure you can find other ways of communicating with them if you're as close as you make out you are. But as I said, that's just my opinion. I'm not saying you guys don't have the right to be upset.

Personally I can't wait until all this dies down and then we can all get back to what we do best, acting as though we know everything about wrestling.

This, close the thread now:p