PDA

View Full Version : HHH not a fan of Foley

Great One
06-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Well you prolly read why,but I think Mick Foley is a good wrestler and I think he can still handle some more matches. Also HHH said Mick Foley can't be taken seriously has he looked at Santino? No one takes him seriously that's why we all like him because he's funny.Thoughts?????

Wrestling Realist
06-15-2012, 05:25 PM
HHH is just jealous cause foley was more over then he was and spent 1 day out his whole career in the gym and foley will always be a bigger star then triple H he must really hate the fact that no one took him serious as wwf champion till foley put him over

thedag
06-15-2012, 05:28 PM
this will become another HHH hate thread yawn.

The Piper
06-15-2012, 05:34 PM
this will become another HHH hate thread yawn.
It's easy to do, because HHH is a giant dick

Lowki
06-15-2012, 06:36 PM
It's Jealousy at the end of the day. Foley is one of the most popular superstars in history. I think as much as Vince would hate to admit this, he knows it himself. Plus, he's always been welcomed back by Vince. I think that's the only reason why WWE have him on their books now.

cancron
06-15-2012, 06:42 PM
I don't blame HHH, Foley has been kind of a joke. Plus Foley bailed and went to TNA, which doesn't show a whole bunch of loyalty. Considering he toiled away in WCW for years before WWE gave him a chance and made him a star. Why invest time in the guy when he is likely to just bail on them again.

He was a hardcore machine and legend back in the day, now he's this big softy who just pokes fun at people and himself. WWE already has Santino

Melevolent 27
06-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Todays Foley should not be used as an inring talent, but Foleys mind is the big asset that wwe is missing out on. He understands the crowd better than HHH, and always has, that is why everything Foley did was over with the crowd, where as HHH had to do alot of hard yards to get the same crowd respect. You would think that now that HHH is 2nd in command and is cheered everytime he shows up, that he would be comfortable within himself as a star in ring and fast rising star out back.
Even if Foley was just used for development, helping the next generation understand what works and what doesnt in storylines, character and in ring move sets.
I enjoyed Foley as a commentator as well, and would much prefer him than Booker T.
Some of these back stage heat between guys is odd. Foley offers something out back, yet HHH and others cant get over themselves to use Foley or others that are in the same situation. You would think that if you could get some use out of a guy that your paying anyway that you would be all over it.
I guess when its your show you can be a snob, and push you thoughts over others.

jai
06-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Trips is just a massive cunt.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
06-15-2012, 07:36 PM

Start and end to the discussion.

Rick BoA
06-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Foley was not that great. He was an overweight spot monkey.

I enjoy him as much as the next guy but lets be real, H is way better in the ring then foley

Viperfish
06-16-2012, 12:45 AM
I haven't enjoyed anything he's done over the last couple of years, but I'm a Foley fan. I don't think you can compare Foley and Triple H. That's like comparing Batista to Rey Mysterio. Triple H is easily a better worker, and Foley's a freak when it comes to hardcore and daredevil stuff. For me, only Foley's Mankind stuff has been better than Triple H's mic-work.

LMPunker
06-16-2012, 04:34 AM
thats bullshit how pissed would hhh be if batista or orton guys he madedid thesame thing

VanHooliganX
06-16-2012, 04:40 AM

Post of the thread! Well done sir :)

82Tucker
06-16-2012, 06:28 AM
If that's HHH attitude towards Foley...............he can go fuck himself with Chyna's clitock.

Tommy Thunder
06-16-2012, 06:47 AM
I don't agree with HHH's comments at all.
Saying that Foley doesn't put people in seats, and saying that Funaki puts more people in seats is damn right disrespectful if you ask me. It's true that Foley is now out of shape, but saying that he isn't a draw and saying that nobody cares about him is very disrespectful on the part of HHH.

I'll take these comments with a grain of salt since it's probably someone who doesn't like HHH that leaked these comments as a way to get heat on HHH.

justinjackson1983
06-16-2012, 08:38 AM
This is an issue that was made apparent in the 2007 book hardcore diaries, I cannot be bothered digging it out this minute but I remember a comment made by foley that a certain bunch of individuals tried stopping the feud with orton in 2004 before the hardcore match at backlash 04 as they felt foley was past his prime Foley went on to say " I didnt hear them complaining when it was them being put over" -which sounds to me like a shot at HHH

HHH as seemed like a foley hater but in all fairness I do feel foley has whored himself to many times and lost a lot of value over the years
and right now would be as another poster mentioned would be as a road agent and give younger superstars advice and teach them of his psychology.

JSullivan
06-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Fuck Triple H.

/Thread.

bartish2
06-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Fuck Triple H.

/Thread.

^ agreed....

Sage
06-16-2012, 09:06 AM
As far as foley not being used, to be fair foley has said himself that he doesn't have any ppv matches left in him.

Tommy Thunder
06-16-2012, 09:22 AM
As far as foley not being used, to be fair foley has said himself that he doesn't have any ppv matches left in him.

On the contrary, he's quoted as saying that he feels has "one more big bump left" in him.

Cynicism
06-16-2012, 09:59 AM
He may have one more big bump in him but I don't want a match focused around one more big bump

Tommy Thunder
06-16-2012, 10:01 AM
He may have one more big bump in him but I don't want a match focused around one more big bump

I don't think you understand. When he said that, he meant that he feels he has on more match left in him.

But like DUBS said, I don't want to see him back in the ring and in a match. He's valuable as an on screen character, but as far as wrestling goes, it's in his best interest and ours that he doesn't do it.

johnnydropkicks
06-16-2012, 10:36 AM
I agree with DUBS in that I don't want to see Foley get beaten on, but who the hell doesn't want him around in some capacity? Whether it's a manager, or just running interference for Johnny or for McMahon, who doesn't want Foley around? I think it's stupid not to use Foley if you have him.

BennyTheBall
06-16-2012, 10:37 AM
The problem with Foley is that he has spent so much of his career doing stupid spots (yes, they were entertaining, but they were stupid), it has come to the point to which that has become his career - high-risk spots. It's expected (or, dare I say, demanded) of him now by the audience.

If he didn't do such spots on such a regular basis, he probably would be able to draw in more interest these days without having to be thrown off a cage, or put through burning tables.

I've always been a big fan of Foley. The guy is obviously clever and very entertaining and I feel that I could spend hours sitting across the table from him, downing a few drinks and talking to the guy. But the last few years, he has started to remind me of that fat kid at school who would do anything for attention.

johnnydropkicks
06-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Fuck Triple H.

/Thread.

and also this

johnnydropkicks
06-16-2012, 10:41 AM
The problem with Foley is that he has spent so much of his career doing stupid spots (yes, they were entertaining, but they were stupid), it has come to the point to which that has become his career - high-risk spots. It's expected (or, dare I say, demanded) of him now by the audience.

If he didn't do such spots on such a regular basis, he probably would be able to draw in more interest these days without having to be thrown off a cage, or put through burning tables.

I've always been a big fan of Foley. The guy is obviously clever and very entertaining and I feel that I could spend hours sitting across the table from him, downing a few drinks and talking to the guy. But the last few years, he has started to remind me of that fat kid at school who would do anything for attention.

I disagree. I think with his unique sort of mannerisms and just the fact that he looks more like a wrestler than most of these guys he could contribute alot just by being there, provided he was written well for or just allowed to say what he like. I mean dude actually looks like a pirate

82Tucker
06-16-2012, 10:48 AM
For me Foley has always been for the fans, putting his life & body on the line doing the things most others wouldn't dare to think about in order to keep us happy. His HIAC match against Taker is the stand out spot for me, he showed just how gutsy he was to get back on top of that cage after going through that table.

Foley is a legend. The guy has a wealth of knowledge he could pass on to younger guys and they'd learn a lot from him. I love the guy for what he did for us when he was in the ring.

bartish2
06-16-2012, 10:52 AM
the guy is already under contract so to not use him is just a waste of money, especially when he could offer a lot. Same thing with jimmy hart, he already said in an interview he would be willing to come back and manage some young guys to help them out but instead of using a guy already under contract, wwe wants to sign another guy to contract (flair) to manage ziggler. You might as well get your moneys worth from your contracted talent.

Tommy Thunder
06-16-2012, 11:08 AM
the guy is already under contract so to not use him is just a waste of money, especially when he could offer a lot. Same thing with jimmy hart, he already said in an interview he would be willing to come back and manage some young guys to help them out but instead of using a guy already under contract, wwe wants to sign another guy to contract (flair) to manage ziggler. You might as well get your moneys worth from your contracted talent.

I agree. I can't understand why they haven't utilized Hart since he resigned. As far as i can see, he's just made one appearance on that blast from the past Raw, he's done a few meet and greets and autograph signings during WM week, and i think he's done a couple of Legends roundtables. That's about it.
I think he'd be a perfect manager for someone like Heath Slater.

Foley though does have things outside of wrestling he's doing like comedy and writing books. So it could be a case of him just not wanting to be on screen regularly.

Sahu
06-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Foley through out years put so many ppl over...The Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Orton, Edge n many more...

Foley gave the best ever ratings for Raw during the wars...he's a very huge part of attitude era...

HHH for sure is more technical in ring than foley...but lot of ppl have not cared for HHH for a long time...till he was put over by Foley....many thought he's a glorified upper mid-carder that's it...but foley made him the solid main eventer...

HHH is loyal to WWE...Foley is loyal to Pro-wrestling business...he's super over through out the world...

justinjackson1983
06-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Im thinking this could this be one of those 'planted" stories by the wwe,

and then This could play into the Brock/HHH lawsuit angle with foley being a surprise charcter witness against HHH or something...
hey its a long shot

Cabers
06-16-2012, 12:54 PM
He is just pissed because he was told he rose to fame wrestling mick in 2000 he should be thanking him!!

DR.X313
06-16-2012, 05:36 PM
what made mic foley great was his mic skills. he could sell anyone he was with from the rock to undertaker, and the one who built his name on triple h. no one else would go threw the shit he went to from those japanese death matches, to hell in the cell. no i think trips' is wrong on this one

Cynicism
06-16-2012, 07:03 PM

This is what I meant about a match revolving around one more big bump. It is now how Foley works, probably because he pushed it too far and now if he doesn't take the big fall, get set on fire or roll around in glass people don't think its a Foley match. I'd rather he stayed the hell away from the ring and played a vocal role as he's fairly good on the mic and his name does carry some weight. Would like him on commentary again rather than as a GM as it would involve less chance of him getting physical with other wrestlers