PDA

View Full Version : EV 2.0 Falling Apart, Finally!

Rich Cranium
11-10-2010, 01:00 AM
With the firing of Sabu, Rhyno's contract expiring, and now Raven parting ways with the company, it looks as though EV 2.0 is dissolving and I say good riddance. How many times do we need to see ECW rehashed? I agree with Lance Storm who said he turned down TNA not only because of his distaste of the company but he felt that the One Night Stand PPV in 2005 was the official farewell of ECW and I agree. Thoughts?

Dameduse823
11-10-2010, 01:21 AM
I believe that the EV2 was a bad idea to begin with but, in my opinion having hogan come out and mutilate Raven's signature phrase is just fucking disrespectful to every raven fan. And I think that more then anything captures the idea behind hogan and bitchoff, that nothing matters beside them and the same pathetic bullshit ideas they've been using since hogan first went heel in wcw

TheMadThinker
11-10-2010, 02:03 AM
I believe that the EV2 was a bad idea to begin with but, in my opinion having hogan come out and mutilate Raven's signature phrase is just fucking disrespectful to every raven fan. And I think that more then anything captures the idea behind hogan and bitchoff, that nothing matters beside them and the same pathetic bullshit ideas they've been using since hogan first went heel in wcw

How long do you think Hogan and Bischoff have before Dixie Carter decides TNA was doing better off before she brought them in? I give them another 6 months.

Dameduse823
11-10-2010, 08:57 AM
How long do you think Hogan and Bischoff have before Dixie Carter decides TNA was doing better off before she brought them in? I give them another 6 months.

For her to realize that she would have to actually know something about the wrestling business, and I think we've all seen her prove time and again that she doesn't know jack shit

el gabo
11-10-2010, 11:08 AM
For her to realize that she would have to actually know something about the wrestling business, and I think we've all seen her prove time and again that she doesn't know jack shit

Took the words right out of my mouth. She wouldn't of hired neither Bischoff nor Hogan and most inmportantly, Russo.

Rich Cranium
11-10-2010, 11:43 AM
That says you all are correct that she doesn't know the business because she would know of WCW's demise and wouldn't possibly repeat history.

Bodom
11-10-2010, 11:51 AM
so can ECW stay dead please?

el gabo
11-10-2010, 12:20 PM
so can ECW stay dead please?

I still think someone is gonna give it a last try. Shouldn't happen but, someone will.

Robstar
11-10-2010, 12:37 PM
The fact is Dixie doesn't know the business. Wrestling is better off when run by people who legitimately have an interest in the product, not when someone is running it as a business and looking at profit margins and the bottom line. Fans, specifically Impact Zone trailer trash will turn on you in an instant as soon as they smell it. So, it's a good thing they are all so ignorant

wallyman
11-10-2010, 12:39 PM
I am a tna fan...but this is bad why rehash ev2 just to embarass them like wwe did...this is the same thing wwe did with every ecw original...fire them on public television and mock them...i believe raven is not done with the copmpany just taken off screen since he is lined up for some house show,

Justdawg08
11-10-2010, 12:40 PM
So a group of wrestlers who were in ECW regroup as friends and its rehashing? It's the realistic aspect of life... it would be completely stupid if they were all in TNA and didn't acknowledge their ECW exsistance.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Please allow the most stand out forum poster in the EWN community to give his infinite wisdom on this matter.ECW failed as a pro rasslin company. I enjoyed the hardcore action it brought. I remember staying up late in the night to watch it on some TV channel that was off the air more times than it was on. I believe the fans were the best part of ECW, sure they came straight out of the http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShgG1CFK9lZYz3pxcFUq10EW4p2WxzQ qO8-9zj5-ScXvPcohk&t=1&usg=__WNgJ3G8Mc8TDjx2oYUEOvbdfi2c= but they had a passion for hardcore pro rasslin. If they didnt like you they would let you know how they felt. And if any wrestler talked bad about the fans they would have a mob like attitude http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReGyhMHzoX4A41f8o8pHWA_smFyH_-B2xouTHnB6D5bbIYyOU&t=1&usg=__nU_j1LwfempFcgAzC-LzgwqQ-6s=. It was pure magic. People in Hollywood try to make sequels of great movies but they usually suck because sometimes in life magic only happens once the first time. The WWE tried (I use that term loosely) to resurrect it and it failed. TNA EV2.0 is the third coming of ECW and it failed. Sometimes in life its best to just let things die. We will always have our memories of the true ECW, bringing it back to life will only tarnish them.

U MAD???

Justdawg08
11-10-2010, 01:02 PM
I don't think it failed because they didn't have the intentions of running ECW again.. they said one last show.. and they meant it. When Tommy Dreamer speaks from the heart and cries about.. you better believe him.. if not your just stubborn.

I think the Ev2.0 thing is going exactly as they planned, it's not like they actually tried to push them that hard, they just got their segments on the show like every other wrestler in TNA.

Nay_Than
11-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Dixie brought in all this iconic names because she thought that it would give more publicity to TNA, which it did.. but mostly bad. I love TNA and i defend it all the time but i think that the idea of bringing in people like Hulk, Eric and Russo was a great thing, but it backfired for all of us and the programming has suffered TERRIBLY. Im sure Dixie is aware of what is happening to the company but im sure she'll have to wait it out while Hulk, Eric and Russo still have contracts otherwise they'll probably sue her for all she (and i suppose her parents) are worth.

For all its worth i dont mind Hulk and Eric being in TNA because they dont actually have much say in the creative side and like it or not they are legends. Its Russo who seems to be the problem. Lets hope Dixie see's the light when their contracts end.

Rassling_Fan
11-10-2010, 06:23 PM
So a group of wrestlers who were in ECW regroup as friends and its rehashing? It's the realistic aspect of life... it would be completely stupid if they were all in TNA and didn't acknowledge their ECW exsistance.

Yeah, because there is no greater bond then hitting each other with garbage and tin cans.

Seriously, they can still acknowledge their time in ECW without having to be together. Team 3D do it all the time before Ev2.0. Bringing them all together just want to make people who do remember ECW get their old library of matches, which are currently owned by the WWE.