PDA

View Full Version : alex riley

zacman18
06-10-2012, 07:02 PM
can any one tell me why this guy is not used more on live tv i think he has lots of potential gets lots of crowd reaction from the fans maybe its the song but hes pretty good in the ring they need to use him more :confused:

Steve Austin
06-10-2012, 07:04 PM
He aint bad, definitely has the potential. My guess is he got into some trouble backstage. But god damn I love that theme song, I'd let him be world champ to hear it every week! :p

zacman18
06-10-2012, 07:08 PM
yes the theme song is awsome possibly the best right now

scribbler_jones
06-10-2012, 07:13 PM
I like A-Ry, but I haven't seen him make much of an impact. The last big thing I remember him doing was beating Miz like a worn-in punching bag. Not long after that, he landed on NXT and Superstars, and seems to be getting more obscure. Who did he piss off or what did he do to send him from possibly being the next big thing to being ignored so much? He has the look, the crowd seemed to really back him, I just don't know what the hold-up is...

jackhalloween
06-10-2012, 07:39 PM
I remember he had a dui. However, that didn't really hold him back. Then an injury.They could at least put him in a tag team. Possibly rtruths replacement.

SHW
06-10-2012, 09:00 PM
i agree with the above comment, he really has not done anything to stand out...

guys like : riley, mcintyre, bateman, hawkins, reks, curtis, mcgillicuty, and dibiase are all interchangeable.

they all have the same build, the same look, the same boring personalities and will continue to be jobbers for up and coming performers who creative actually has a plan for.

CMhuw24
06-10-2012, 09:34 PM
I 100% AGREE!
I have said this since day one when the crowd popped HUGE for his fce turn.
Come on WWE please push this potential!

Steve Austin
06-10-2012, 10:01 PM
SAY IT TO MY FACE!!!!!

:p

GreatMuta4life
06-10-2012, 10:30 PM
One word to describe Riley: GENERIC

No talent, no verbal ability, no in-ring ability, nothing distinct about him. WWE needs guys with personality and passion, not more failed jocks whose only positive attribute is that they have the look Vince gets hard for.

I will admit though, his song is pretty cool.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
06-10-2012, 10:38 PM
He is too busy getting beat up during back stage segments, apparently. Idk if he is on Superstars or anything but maybe a spot for him will open up soon. I can see a nice US title run in the next year or so.

RedDevilSativa
06-11-2012, 01:54 AM
yeah i liked him even when he was with miz and then his face turn was pretty good how about put him in a team with mason ryan call the
R'n'R lol

Dameduse823
06-11-2012, 02:09 AM
i agree with the above comment, he really has not done anything to stand out...

guys like : riley, mcintyre, bateman, hawkins, reks, curtis, mcgillicuty, and dibiase are all interchangeable.

they all have the same build, the same look, the same boring personalities and will continue to be jobbers for up and coming performers who creative actually has a plan for.

This. This as many times as you can stomach to read it.

Riley has skill in the ring, he's not terrible on the mic but he's just so bland that there isn't anything that draws you to him

Tommy Thunder
06-11-2012, 02:37 AM

No talent, no verbal ability, no in-ring ability, nothing distinct about him. WWE needs guys with personality and passion, not more failed jocks whose only positive attribute is that they have the look Vince gets hard for.

That is a VERY harsh assessment of Riley IMO.

He has a ton of talent man. He does have verbal ability, he can go in the ring. If you think he has no personality or passion, then you haven't seen his matches, because the guy oozes both.

Alex Riley's another wasted talent in WWE right now.

TempestH
06-11-2012, 02:57 AM
That is a VERY harsh assessment of Riley IMO.

He has a ton of talent man. He does have verbal ability, he can go in the ring. If you think he has no personality or passion, then you haven't seen his matches, because the guy oozes both.

Alex Riley's another wasted talent in WWE right now.

I agree with this. Riley has one of the most unique movesets in the WWE. He's very quick and agile for a guy with his size and build. He mixes power moves, brawling, and can do a little bit of high flying. His look may be bland, but he more than compensates for it in the ring, and with his energy and charisma.

Even that match with Swagger and the botched powerbomb was pretty good until that incident. The two of them actually mesh pretty well together.

I'd really like to see Riley feud with Dolph Ziggler. Between Riley's offense and Ziggler's selling, the two of them could put on amazing matches.

And Riley is really over with the fans. If he weren't, then you wouldn't see an Alex Riley thread pop up every week on any given wrestling board.

Nobody's asking for Riley to be a champion yet, but he deserves a lot better than he's currently being given.

Lowki
06-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Another "Why isn't *so and so* used more often?" thread.

bartish2
06-11-2012, 08:37 AM
because the wwe cannot book superstars properly, they are too busy booking their two posterboys than creating stars... that is why they are only doing it now

dub
06-11-2012, 11:51 AM

IDK GM4Life... U mean to tell me that Tensai, Otunga, Slater, and Darren Young has more talent, better mic skillz, and more distinctiveness than Alex Riley??? The reason why I mentioned these guys is because they are on smackdown and Raw week in and week out but they don't have great personalities and they get nothing out of the crowd (Outside of Otunga I mentioned him cuz he can't wrestle). Riley could easily replace one of these guys and I really feel that he could bring more to Smackdown or Raw. JusMyHonestOpinion

thedag
06-11-2012, 12:00 PM
IDK GM4Life... U mean to tell me that Tensai, Otunga, Slater, and Darren Young has more talent, better mic skillz, and more distinctiveness than Alex Riley??? The reason why I mentioned these guys is because they are on smackdown and Raw week in and week out but they don't have great personalities and they get nothing out of the crowd (Outside of Otunga I mentioned him cuz he can't wrestle). Riley could easily replace one of these guys and I really feel that he could bring more to Smackdown or Raw. JusMyHonestOpinion

Otunga bring more to the table cause of his real life. Slater>riley

Cabers
06-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Just another guy lost in trhe shuffle to many good talents at the minute.

imswm
06-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Riley had one horrific singles match on Raw, then when given a chance to redeem himself the next week, was pretty terrible again. Sometimes, unless you are among the Chosen Ones, that's all it takes for an office to consider you "not ready." Workers with the potential to seriously injure others don't get respect in the locker room, either, and there was a botched segment in the first match that was fairly dangerous, if I remember correctly.

TempestH
06-11-2012, 08:57 PM
^And that was almost a year ago. Riley really stepped his game up since then. And this whole time he managed to stay over with the fans. He at least deserves semi regular appearances on RAW in a non-squash match capacity.