PDA

View Full Version : Tensai and Michael Cole

bearkg88
06-07-2012, 07:19 PM
So after watching this past weeks Raw, I had an idea. What if Cole became Tensai's manager. Frankly Cole sucks in the commentator booth, and him getting pushed down our throats as the heel commentator is failing. I also noticed when Tensai came out, he shoved his current manager out of the way. Realistically, when Tensai came out during the Cole/Cena match to attack Cena, it is the perfect set up to eventually make Cole Tensai's manager. Plus I think Cole would be 10x's better as a manager than a commentator. What is everyone elses thoughts?

Amerinaine
06-07-2012, 07:23 PM
It would be a good idea to test and see if Cole doesn't grate on peoples nerves outside the announce table.

thedag
06-07-2012, 07:24 PM
So after watching this past weeks Raw, I had an idea. What if Cole became Tensai's manager. Frankly Cole sucks in the commentator booth, and him getting pushed down our throats as the heel commentator is failing. I also noticed when Tensai came out, he shoved his current manager out of the way. Realistically, when Tensai came out during the Cole/Cena match to attack Cena, it is the perfect set up to eventually make Cole Tensai's manager. Plus I think Cole would be 10x's better as a manager than a commentator. What is everyone elses thoughts?

he gets huge heat how is it failing?

Robstar
06-07-2012, 07:28 PM
I was about to make a thread titled Is There Any Way To Save Tensai? This could be a way. It would be a shame if Matt Bloom was to get chewed up and spat out by circumstances in WWE

Amerinaine
06-07-2012, 07:30 PM

He just sucks.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
06-07-2012, 07:33 PM
I like that idea. :) Could work.

Also Robstar, nice too see you're choice of women is not completely louco after all.. :D Nice sig.

bearkg88
06-07-2012, 07:35 PM

Look at King when he was the heel commentator. Everyone know he was the heel commentator, but he was enjoyable to listen to. Cole on the other hand, is just unbearable. His altercation with King this past week on Raw during the Tensai/Cena match, had me slapping my head. Yes Cole gets huge heel heat, but in the form of a commentator, it just doesn't work for him imo

Robstar
06-07-2012, 07:39 PM
I like that idea. :) Could work.

Also Robstar, nice too see you're choice of women is not completely louco after all.. :D Nice sig.

Sometimes you gotta eat meat with your veggies ;)

THE HEARTBREAK KID
06-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Sometimes you gotta eat meat with your veggies ;)

Haha, well said. :)

Y2JLionsault
06-07-2012, 08:34 PM
The heel heat doesn't come from being a commentator though, it comes from all the other stuff he does lik getting in the ring with Cena and King. As a commentator he hardly remains on topic and barely knows the names of moves. He would definitely be more suited to being a manager and could be a mouthpiece for a guy who doesn't have great mic skills. I think he could be as good as some of the best in the business as a heel manager.

thedag
06-07-2012, 09:04 PM
The heel heat doesn't come from being a commentator though, it comes from all the other stuff he does lik getting in the ring with Cena and King. As a commentator he hardly remains on topic and barely knows the names of moves. He would definitely be more suited to being a manager and could be a mouthpiece for a guy who doesn't have great mic skills. I think he could be as good as some of the best in the business as a heel manager.

he is annoy cause vince wants him to be. he is vince bitch puppet so he will always be a commentator.

dashkatae
06-07-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't think Cole is necessarily a bad commentator. The problems though are this:
1. He is doing commentary for multiple shows per week. He probably is a bit burnt out.
2. He doesn't have good chemistry with his broadcast partners. He doesn't have anyone to really bounce off of.
3. He's not very exciting. This wouldn't be a problem if his partners were the one bringing the excitement though.

When he was working on Smackdown with Tazz back in the day, he actually was good on the mic. They had good chemistry. He just doesn't seem to have that same chemistry with King or Booker.

Viperfish
06-07-2012, 11:01 PM
I'd rather have Sakamoto be Tensai's mouthpiece to be honest... Sakamoto does so little as it is. He finally did something someone in a ring-side role is supposed to do on Raw this week which was sneak in some interference.

Tommy Thunder
06-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Cole's commentary has been very good as of late..... until Monday night. He's toned down his heel persona a lot, but on monday he was back in full force.

I've always said since his heel turn that Cole could be better utilized as a manager for a young up and coming heel (much like Vickie Guerrero has been beneficial to a few heels over time). However, I don't think that Cole and Tensai fit together.

A commentators job isn't to get over as a heel and overshadow the calling of the match, and overshadow the action in the ring (like Cole does when he's in heel overdrive mode). As a commentator it's your job to call the action and make the show watchable and enjoyable to us as spectators.
Take Cole off the announce desk and bring back JR, or give a chance to Josh Matthews.

Giddy
06-07-2012, 11:29 PM
I don't think Cole is necessarily a bad commentator. The problems though are this:
1. He is doing commentary for multiple shows per week. He probably is a bit burnt out.
2. He doesn't have good chemistry with his broadcast partners. He doesn't have anyone to really bounce off of.
3. He's not very exciting. This wouldn't be a problem if his partners were the one bringing the excitement though.

When he was working on Smackdown with Tazz back in the day, he actually was good on the mic. They had good chemistry. He just doesn't seem to have that same chemistry with King or Booker.
I think he and Josh Matthews had good chemistry on NXT, and I actually do think him and Book have great chemistry

CM Rock-Austin
06-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Cole's commentary has been very good as of late..... until Monday night. He's toned down his heel persona a lot, but on monday he was back in full force.

I've always said since his heel turn that Cole could be better utilized as a manager for a young up and coming heel (much like Vickie Guerrero has been beneficial to a few heels over time). However, I don't think that Cole and Tensai fit together.

A commentators job isn't to get over as a heel and overshadow the calling of the match, and overshadow the action in the ring (like Cole does when he's in heel overdrive mode). As a commentator it's your job to call the action and make the show watchable and enjoyable to us as spectators.
Take Cole off the announce desk and bring back JR, or give a chance to Josh Matthews.
I 100% agree with this, he could have done wonders with jack swagger from that build up for the cole vs king match at wrestlemania.

SilverGhost
06-08-2012, 02:57 AM
I'm for this idea. Well...almost any idea that would be of benefit to Tensai. Or put him in a serious tag team with someone. The team of ??? and Tensai could be a start to give the tag team division a chance to shine and we all know of Tensai's tag team accomplishments.

Tommy Thunder
06-08-2012, 02:58 AM
I'm for this idea. Well...almost any idea that would be of benefit to Tensai. Or put him in a serious tag team with someone. The team of ??? and Tensai could be a start to give the tag team division a chance to shine and we all know of Tensai's tag team accomplishments.

Why not have Tensai and Sakamoto tag teaming? I've heard that Sakamoto was trained in the Kaientai Dojo, so he must be pretty decent.

SilverGhost
06-08-2012, 03:51 AM
Why not have Tensai and Sakamoto tag teaming? I've heard that Sakamoto was trained in the Kaientai Dojo, so he must be pretty decent.

Yeah I know. He is an option and he held tag team gold in the Kaientai Dojo. Truth be told, I haven't seen any K-Dojo stuff and I can't say if he is good or not BUT he was trained by this guy

http://www.gerweck.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/taka.jpg

and was their champion at K-Dojo so I would give the benefit of the doubt. (I swear TAKA is aging backwards)

Tommy Thunder
06-08-2012, 04:20 AM
Yeah I know. He is an option and he held tag team gold in the Kaientai Dojo. Truth be told, I haven't seen any K-Dojo stuff and I can't say if he is good or not BUT he was trained by this guy

http://www.gerweck.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/taka.jpg

and was their champion at K-Dojo so I would give the benefit of the doubt. (I swear TAKA is aging backwards)

Exactly. I've heard good things of the students of the K-Dojo, so I'd bet a fair amount that Sakamoto's good (there's another guy in FCW that they signed from the K-Dojo the same time as Sakamoto too).

As for Mr Michinoku..... SIGN HIM UP!! TAKA and Tensai = they will kick you ASS!!

HeelTurn
06-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Tensai has had a lot of success in a tag team in Japan, yet despite his numerous tag partners in the WWE (Droz, Test, Big Show, Scotty 2 Hotty, X-Factor) he has never held tag gold. Maybe its time to change that.

SilverGhost
06-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Tensai has had a lot of success in a tag team in Japan, yet despite his numerous tag partners in the WWE (Droz, Test, Big Show, Scotty 2 Hotty, X-Factor) he has never held tag gold. Maybe its time to change that.

Yeah I think its time. He can make it as a singles competitor but as a tag team, he will be comfortable in that area.

HeelTurn
06-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Yeah I think its time. He can make it as a singles competitor but as a tag team, he will be comfortable in that area.

Yep, at least until the fans warm to him, or he gets back into his comfort zone.

SilverGhost
06-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Exactly. I've heard good things of the students of the K-Dojo, so I'd bet a fair amount that Sakamoto's good (there's another guy in FCW that they signed from the K-Dojo the same time as Sakamoto too).

As for Mr Michinoku..... SIGN HIM UP!! TAKA and Tensai = they will kick you ASS!!

Yeah so I can't wait to see the K-Dojo guys in the ring.

TAKA in the WWE would be a blessing. Especially for the Cruiserweights lol

Cabers
06-08-2012, 02:16 PM

That was my exact thought he may be even more over than most of the heel wrestlers.

Peter Kaymakcian
06-09-2012, 02:47 AM
I don't think Cole would fit with Tensai's current gimmick as a manager. I think if Tensai were to get some as a manager he needs to get someone who will fit with his current gimmick. I do think he needs to be in a tag team, but not with Sakamato. Put him with another big monster type and have them dominate the tag team division. Put a guy like Ezekiel Jackson or Mason Ryan with Tensai.

SilverGhost
06-09-2012, 04:14 AM
I don't think Cole would fit with Tensai's current gimmick as a manager. I think if Tensai were to get some as a manager he needs to get someone who will fit with his current gimmick. I do think he needs to be in a tag team, but not with Sakamato. Put him with another big monster type and have them dominate the tag team division. Put a guy like Ezekiel Jackson or Mason Ryan with Tensai.

I'm thinking someone a bit smaller and techy, not much a muscle guy partner but hey...dominant tag team=builds the div.

scottyseville
06-09-2012, 05:36 AM
I will get some heat for saying this, but I've always been a fan of Cole, ever since his days of being tortured by DX, I agree that the over the top heel crap is becoming annoying, (Especially on Smackdown listening to him and Booker argue all the time) and feel maybe he could be better used, as a manager, or even as a GM for Smackdown or RAW. Tensai's a waste of a spot for somebody who could be getting a well deserved push, Dolph, Cody for example, the people who will be main eventing in a few years time.

I'll also get heat for this but don't bring JR back, if they do replace Cole, i know I LOVE JR as well, However he's doing his work at FCW (Soon to be NXT) and he's great at scouting future talent, so it's a good fit. King should take the lead at raw and have Josh join him, while Booker and striker take the roles on Smackdown. Not all of you will agree with me, but I am allowed my opinion :) hehe.

BennyTheBall
06-09-2012, 01:17 PM
I'll also get heat for this but don't bring JR back, if they do replace Cole, i know I LOVE JR as well, However he's doing his work at FCW (Soon to be NXT) and he's great at scouting future talent, so it's a good fit. King should take the lead at raw and have Josh join him, while Booker and striker take the roles on Smackdown. Not all of you will agree with me, but I am allowed my opinion :) hehe.

I agree 100%. JR is the top dog of announcing, but he won't be around forever. Cole is doing a decent job and if he is to be replaced, then it needs to be someone new - not going backwards.

Suhayl
06-10-2012, 11:55 AM
You know who should be announcing Smackdown instead of Cole? MATT FUCKING STRIKER AND WILLIAM REGAL. The BEST announce team in WWE. They have style and knowledge...

Of course I'd prefer Regal to be in championship picture, but it's impossible right now. I kinda like Striker wrestling too.

imswm
06-10-2012, 03:57 PM
They've had earlier opportunities to turn Cole manager but haven't, a strong indication they have no desire to do so.

Plus people seem to forget he's a play-by-play announcer, and it's not as easy to find a competent PBP guy as it is to get another color man. Look at all the stinkers they actually hired for the role.

Peter Kaymakcian
06-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm thinking someone a bit smaller and techy, not much a muscle guy partner but hey...dominant tag team=builds the div.

I think it would be good for right now because then at least the champs would be taken seriously. Like remember Kane and Big Show's first tag title run? It was great and they made the titles look legit.

SilverGhost
06-11-2012, 03:54 PM
I think it would be good for right now because then at least the champs would be taken seriously. Like remember Kane and Big Show's first tag title run? It was great and they made the titles look legit.

Of course. A giant and a monster did make it interesting. That idea would work again.