PDA

View Full Version : The way it should happen, trips Vs Brock and REY Mysterio!

cloverstone82
06-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Triple H vs Brock... If triple H continues this suit wearing face character, he will get torn up. We need the Triple h of the years between Dx and Evoulution where he really was the unmatched king. I say he returns full time at No way out, and starts interfering in matches as a heel and destroying mid carders like the back in the day, Give somethin for brock to fear and give us somethin believable. Also Considering The Lack of stars these days due to other problems, and john cena close to burnt out, i see a Full time return on the Cards. Maybe Batista returns to help beat brock.....

REY MYSTERIO!!!!! Retun as a heel and show sin cara who is the real mexican all star, and throw it in the fans faces for forgetting about him, of course though build up sin cara for a bit first, maybe a feud into WM

82Tucker
06-07-2012, 02:52 PM
I said elsewhere I expect HHH to return full time and want to bury Lesnar. I would like to see The Cerebral Assassin return instead of Mr.Corporate Businessman he would be worth watching as he is ruthless and unpredictable. I just don't know who would win. Lesnar will be gone at the end of his contract unless Vince makes him an offer he can't refuse so is it worth having him destroy HHH??

On the other hand, HHH doesn't need to beat Lesnar as he's achieved everything in WWE already and I don't want to see the hype around Lesnar's return be diminished any further or it makes his return a waste. It's already in tatters now, so losing to Trips will finish my interest in him and his remainder of his run will be pointless.

I'd like to see Lesnar beat HHH and go on to win the title at some point and drop it to The Rock at WM, so it fulfills Rock's dreams. Plus, Brock & Rock are great friends in real-life so I can see both parties being happy with that situation.

BennyTheBall
06-07-2012, 02:54 PM
I have to disagree about Triple H coming back to full time wrestling. Ignoring the fact that he has taken on more responsibilities backstage, I am always against the idea of going backwards.

Oh no, ratings are low - we need Triple H and Vince McMahon. What's that? No opponent for John Cena? Let's bring in Brock Lesnar and The Rock. CM Punk running out of opponents? Someone grab those shocker things and see if we can revive Classy Freddie Blassie.

What do we do in 10 years time? Keep calling on these guys? What about 20 years time? Maybe the main event at Wrestlemania 50 can be between Triple H and The Rock in a Flag on a Zimmerframe match.

Looking back is not going to solve any problems - you have to make the most of what is there now and what will be there in the next 5-10 years. This is what gets me about people who say we should go back to the Attitude Era. The era, like the wrestlers, have paved a fantastic path, but it's been and gone. Thanks for the memories and the good times, but we need to do something new.

A heel Rey Mysterio though - that I would find interesting...

cloverstone82
06-07-2012, 03:06 PM
I have to disagree about Triple H coming back to full time wrestling. Ignoring the fact that he has taken on more responsibilities backstage, I am always against the idea of going backwards.

Oh no, ratings are low - we need Triple H and Vince McMahon. What's that? No opponent for John Cena? Let's bring in Brock Lesnar and The Rock. CM Punk running out of opponents? Someone grab those shocker things and see if we can revive Classy Freddie Blassie.

What do we do in 10 years time? Keep calling on these guys? What about 20 years time? Maybe the main event at Wrestlemania 50 can be between Triple H and The Rock in a Flag on a Zimmerframe match.

Looking back is not going to solve any problems - you have to make the most of what is there now and what will be there in the next 5-10 years. This is what gets me about people who say we should go back to the Attitude Era. The era, like the wrestlers, have paved a fantastic path, but it's been and gone. Thanks for the memories and the good times, but we need to do something new.

A heel Rey Mysterio though - that I would find interesting...

If they brought back trips full time just for the hell of it, i would agree with u, im not tryin to go back to the attitude era, even though i loved it, But making the point that from a business standpoint, trips has to take one for the team, with the losses of some major guys, and more to lose, Trips in his great condition is capable of one more real run, and it does not seem nostalgic to me, unlike sting or hulk or even HBk, truple H looks like he still fits, as long as he loses the suit... and i know he is a backstage guy now, but like i said, he has to take one for the team

Playboy Stevie V
06-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I'd be really surprised if Rey could get over as a heel. I think he is one of the few superstars that couldn't turn heel. It just wouldn't work. It would be like Sting's heel push in TNA. Nobody was feeling it.

If he could successfully turn full fledged heel, which I don't think he can, it would be interesting.

Plus I don't know the exact purchase sale numbers, but it seems to me that when I am at live events or looking in the crowd on TV there is a lot of kiddies with Rey masks on. So who knows if the E would risk that.

Now as for Triple HHH and Lesnar, I like seeing Heyman back on TV, but I really don't have any opinion yet of what I think will happen or what I would really like to see out of this situation.

GreatMuta4life
06-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Sounds like a whole lot of unrealistic ideas. HHH is done as a full-time wrestler, he has too much to do running the company day to day. Rey sells too much merch to turn heel. And bringing Batista back serves no purpose for any long-term plans for WWE.

Automatic
06-07-2012, 04:37 PM
A turn for the sake of a turn.

cloverstone82
06-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Sounds like a whole lot of unrealistic ideas. HHH is done as a full-time wrestler, he has too much to do running the company day to day. Rey sells too much merch to turn heel. And bringing Batista back serves no purpose for any long-term plans for WWE.

U seem like u have watched wrestling long enough considering u know the great muta.... ( nice ) So u should know based on history, its rare that that old guys ever stay away for too long, and trips aint even one of em yet, Him returning is very realistic, Vince knows he needs him right now, and could take alot of the business decisions back over.... Rey could very well be on his final push from wwe considering the drug issues, so its a good time to take a chance on him being a heel, and if it dont work they move on... ( i see it being as impactful as when hulk did it, people had to watch cause they were so pissed) And of course They can bring batista back, if it wasnt good enough for them long term, then why have brock, jericho and the rock back????? Anything is possible, Nothin is forever in wrestling

BennyTheBall
06-07-2012, 05:33 PM
So u should know based on history, its rare that that old guys ever stay away for too long, and trips aint even one of em yet, Him returning is very realistic, Vince knows he needs him right now, and could take alot of the business decisions back over

The WWE shouldn't be in a position where they have to turn to old hands. There is always a place for the greats, but only to supplement the talent that is there - not to solve any story line problems, or lack of depth. What needs to be done is building up guys to the upper-midcard/main event level and on top of that, have a least one more to the John Cena level. If Cena left now for what ever reason, the WWE would take a huge knock and I would be absolutely livid if the only thing that creative can come up with is "Let's stick to what we know and bring back Triple H."

Triple H is on a learning curve at the moment, with regards to backstage stuff. He is the future governor, and taking responsibilities away from him and back on to Vince will only be detrimental to that. Vince needs to know in his own mind that when he passes on, he can trust Triple H and Stephanie to run with the ball. To do that, he's building up Triple H's skills backstage - essentially giving him FCW to run is a great example of that. How would you feel if you're learning the skills for promotion at your workplace, but that gets put on hold on a regular basis because you're needed to do the job that you used to do. I've had that done to me a million times and it really pee'd me off.

While Triple H loves competing, I bet he knows that he has bigger fish to fry and would like to be in a position where the talent below him can hold the ball up without him having to save the day.

GreatMuta4life
06-07-2012, 05:49 PM
U seem like u have watched wrestling long enough considering u know the great muta.... ( nice ) So u should know based on history, its rare that that old guys ever stay away for too long, and trips aint even one of em yet, Him returning is very realistic, Vince knows he needs him right now, and could take alot of the business decisions back over.... Rey could very well be on his final push from wwe considering the drug issues, so its a good time to take a chance on him being a heel, and if it dont work they move on... ( i see it being as impactful as when hulk did it, people had to watch cause they were so pissed) And of course They can bring batista back, if it wasnt good enough for them long term, then why have brock, jericho and the rock back????? Anything is possible, Nothin is forever in wrestling

Goods points but I beg to differ. Trips will definitely have a few matches a year for many years to come, but a full-time return seems unrealistic. He's no longer in game shape anymore(he's been fat the last couple of years, by his standards) a full-time return means doing house shows full-time and his legs won't allow for that. He's far more valuable for occasional appearances for rating and ppv buyrate spikes.

Mysterio is like Ricky Steamboat, he's a true babyface and a heel turn would never work. The little kids wouldn't understand it. And yes the turn was impactful for Hogan, but he had played a heel for years before Hulkamania started. To my knowledge Rey has never been a heel and it's tough to imagine him pulling it off, or anyone actually caring.

The difference between Batista and Rock, Brock, and Jericho is that the latter 3 are legends, Batista was and always will be just a jacked up monkey with limited skills. Who is going to care about his return? Not the Cena fans, and certainly not the smarks. So what would be the point of him returning?

cloverstone82
06-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Goods points but I beg to differ. Trips will definitely have a few matches a year for many years to come, but a full-time return seems unrealistic. He's no longer in game shape anymore(he's been fat the last couple of years, by his standards) a full-time return means doing house shows full-time and his legs won't allow for that. He's far more valuable for occasional appearances for rating and ppv buyrate spikes.

Mysterio is like Ricky Steamboat, he's a true babyface and a heel turn would never work. The little kids wouldn't understand it. And yes the turn was impactful for Hogan, but he had played a heel for years before Hulkamania started. To my knowledge Rey has never been a heel and it's tough to imagine him pulling it off, or anyone actually caring.

The difference between Batista and Rock, Brock, and Jericho is that the latter 3 are legends, Batista was and always will be just a jacked up monkey with limited skills. Who is going to care about his return? Not the Cena fans, and certainly not the smarks. So what would be the point of him returning?

Ya i usually aint right, But man it would be cool