PDA

View Full Version : Brodus Clay and the Tag Division.

JSullivan
06-07-2012, 10:43 AM
I was watching through some old WWE PPV's and then it hit me.

Brodus clay is boring. I mean, that's not the part that hit me. What hit me was an idea for Brodus clay's Funkasaurus gimmick, that would still keep him in the spotlight, but also benefit the tag-team division.

Too Cool.

I watched last night on a few PPV's as these men, dressed as they did had Rikishi walk around with them - a Sumo-esque character (Who could move quite well for a man of his size) who joined in with the dancing and antics.

The beauty is, Brodus could then be linked in with them, which means that when they would go for tag matches, he could essentially be their manager or enforcer, and for 6 man tags, well, you do the maths.

This would allow the WWE to keep making light of Brodus' Funkasaurus gimmick, and further enforce it whilst packing out the tag team division - and gimmicks are something I strongly feel are missing from the Tag-Division as it stands.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on whether this would work in your mind or not.

brianjones90
06-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Brodus Clay's Funkasaurus gimmick reminds me of the Flash Funk character.It's a jobber character at best.I would have gave him the Character of "The Urban Dream" a black Dusty Rhodes.He moves in the same fashion as Dusty and could bring some nastalgia for wrestling fans of the 80's/90's.

BennyTheBall
06-07-2012, 01:04 PM
I don't see why that wouldn't work. Brodus Clay is on a seemingly never-ending list of characters that aren't going anywhere, so an idea like that would help him get more over. I'd actually be quite controversial and suggest a heel turn and joining a heel team. With him dancing around the ring with kids at the moment, it would certainly upset a lot of youngsters.

And making children cry is always fun. ;)

Cabers
06-07-2012, 01:37 PM
So you want Brodus Clay to become Rikishi version 2?

K2Jelly
06-07-2012, 01:38 PM
So you want Brodus Clay to become Rikishi version 2?

I thought he already was.

Asherdelampyr
06-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Brodus Clay's Funkasaurus gimmick reminds me of the Flash Funk character.It's a jobber character at best.I would have gave him the Character of "The Urban Dream" a black Dusty Rhodes.He moves in the same fashion as Dusty and could bring some nastalgia for wrestling fans of the 80's/90's.

are we still talking about the same Brodus Clay?
http://www.wwewebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Gentleman-Brodus-Clay.jpg
because, and I may be wrong, but I think he's white?

also, while I wouldn't mind seeing Too Cool come back, I think Brodus already has enough issues with reusing other people's gimmicks.

World B. Free
06-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Percy Watson, R Truth, and Brodus Clay can be the new "Too Cool".....? lol :p

Mikeyboy7777777
06-07-2012, 02:57 PM
have him with the usos the usos dance they used to be the polynesian power package along with camacho and tamina they are all faces and the usos do some dancing as well why not? could help the usos gain credibility to eventually become face tag team champions(so not in the way that brodus will interfere)

GreatMuta4life
06-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Brodus + Khali = The Dancing Machines

akbar
06-07-2012, 05:31 PM
are we still talking about the same Brodus Clay?

because, and I may be wrong, but I think he's white?

also, while I wouldn't mind seeing Too Cool come back, I think Brodus already has enough issues with reusing other people's gimmicks.
I'm pretty sure his not black but I reckon his got some Hispanic in him...

Asherdelampyr
06-07-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm pretty sure his not black but I reckon his got some Hispanic in him...
Ok, so I'm not crazy then
I've seen the guy in person, and he's whiter than I am (and I am mainly Scottish and Irish)

brianjones90
06-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Sorry,i thought he was really light skined.Anyways,im not saying he should steal Dusty's gimmick i just think he would make a good comman man big guy to push as a face.

FunkyKong
06-08-2012, 03:15 AM
I always thought he was pretty clearly black... just light-skinned. White people don't look like that.