PDA

View Full Version : Should There Be A Tag Title Defense At Every PPV?

Robstar
08-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Now that they've officially 'unified' the belts, do you think that maybe WWE needs to try, well I was going to say a NEW approach to but I'll change that to ANY approach to legitimising these titles?

My idea is that they are defended at each and every PPV, with opponents decided in cross-brand matches - perhaps on Superstars? It might even see the revival of the 3 team matches which were always good as Ladder or TLC matches.

Y2LUUK
08-25-2010, 04:58 PM
That approach would definetely help hyping the titles (Which they really need). Last year I really had the feeling they were gonna do something good, because when Edge & Chris Jericho (later Big Show & Chris Jericho) became Unified Tag Team Champions, you could really see a change.
This happened at the Bash, Big Show introduced as teammate at Night Of Champions, match at Summerslam, match at Breaking Point, match at Hell in a Cell, then there was Bragging Rights where Show showed his love to Chris by chokeslamming Kofi, then Survivor Series where they again came up as a team against Undertaker, then TLC PPV where they lost the titles to DX and then everything was effectively ruined. When HD got the titles, I hoped WWE was again gonna do something with it but they only had a title defense at Fatal 4 Way and now everything is silent again. So I would do what Robstar already sugggested, and at each PPV have a different team come up as Contenders which are decided by matches (like he also suggested),

Tommy Thunder
08-25-2010, 05:25 PM
WWE are currently re-building their tag division, but yes, the tag title should definitely be defended at every ppv. That's the only way the title will be taken seriously!! For sure it'll be on the line at NOC though, as the tagline for the ppv is 'every title will be on the line/defended'.

djsoulslayer
08-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Abesolutely. But not just have the titles defended at every ppv, have them defended in meaningful matches against credible opponents. I think two members of the Nexus would be the perfect competition for the tag team titles.

Robstar
08-25-2010, 06:53 PM
I want to see more from The Dudebusters and Hawkins & Archer personally

SilverGhost
08-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Yes. I believe so. Though WWE needs more tag teams.

AGEOFFALL
08-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Not just on ppvs. but also on SD, Raw, & Superstars every now and then. The focus should be mainly on ppv's though.

The Hipster
08-25-2010, 07:37 PM
The simple answer is yes. They are champions

AGEOFFALL
08-27-2010, 12:37 AM
The way wwe bills them, they don't seem like credible champions.

RKOViper
08-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Hell yeah. I hate that their are hardly any title defenses. Especially the US title, like wtf!

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-27-2010, 11:22 AM
there should be every single ppv should have one it sucks that the division has gone way down hill the past 5 or so years if the brought back spearate ppv then they could have more tag title matches i miss the separate ppv's aswell but thts another thing

The Watcher
08-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Every PPV should have a tag-title defence but the way to make people really care about them is to have the tag champs main event Raw & SD every once in a while and make it look like they mean something. A couple of weeks back they handed the Hart Dynasty the new straps and instead of them having a match to follow up that was their whole involvement with the programme. How does that make any sense?

For people to believe the belts are worthwhile the wrestlers need to look like they really want them. Hell do an angle where Jericho and Edge decide to team up and go after the straps and have a title match between them and the Harts as the main event on Raw... and have the Harts win!

Its not rocket science!!

Warmachine
08-27-2010, 01:28 PM
if the wwe and world championship are to be defended every "30 days"like sheamus pointed out on raw last monday then other championship should have the same rules regardless of if it is as importants as those two or as useless as the divas championship.... so same goes for the tag titles