PDA

View Full Version : Jbl dvd

Mikkaelson
06-06-2012, 12:38 PM
I was thinking - with the return on JBL of the horizon ...... when are we going to get a JBL DVD?? I would love a sit down, shoot interview with JBL about his career. He'd have some great stories to tell about his beginnings, tag teams, world title reign and of course - The Blue Meanie. I personally thought JBL's matches were always strong, stiff and enjoyable - especially against Eddie Guerrero. WE WANT A 3 DISC DVD!!

Bodom
06-06-2012, 12:42 PM
What leads you to believe that a JBL return is on the horizon?

Tommy Thunder
06-06-2012, 12:44 PM
What leads you to believe that a JBL return is on the horizon?

This:

When asked by a fan if a WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/6161/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) return could happen, since WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/6161/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) is now sponsoring his seven summits adventure, JBL noted the following… "I think it's safe to say after announcement today on tmz that it's highly likely"

Of course, this could be just him 'working us'. But you never know.

Mr. Ziggles
06-06-2012, 01:19 PM
He is planning on climbing seven mountains, I don't think he'll be returning anytime soon.

Tommy Thunder
06-06-2012, 01:29 PM
He is planning on climbing seven mountains, I don't think he'll be returning anytime soon.

Hmmm, well according to the man himself:

My role with @wwe (https://twitter.com/#!/wwe) and what I am doing and why with the Seven Summits, and will I appear on WWE TV, all answered.

Couple that with his earlier comments, and I'd say it's possible we'll see him on TV to promote his 7 peaks charity climb.

I'd love to see the guy back at the announce desk at some point in the future though.

K-Jammin
06-06-2012, 01:34 PM
I never appreciated JBL when he was WWE Champion, but I think he was probably one of the best heels in the last 10 years. I hope he comes back in a heel authority type role, or even to see him back as colour commentator would be pretty cool.

Cabers
06-06-2012, 01:45 PM
I never appreciated JBL when he was WWE Champion, but I think he was probably one of the best heels in the last 10 years. I hope he comes back in a heel authority type role, or even to see him back as colour commentator would be pretty cool.

Yeah it wasn't obvious we were seeing pure excellance at the time.

OT: I definately wouldn't be getting my hopes up.

Lowki
06-06-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm glad i was a big fan to begin with. He was pretty blunt, even with his commentary. Plus, his music was awesome.
This is partially why i liked Del Rio at first, he reminded me a lot of JBL during his title run (the entrance, the music) although that's where the similarities end unfortunately. Would love to see JBL back for a part time role, but saying that, his injuries would probably prevent that. Plus, who'd want to see ANOTHER great superstar fed to John Cena?

GreatMuta4life
06-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I seriously doubt we'll see anything close to a full-time return from JBL. His last comeback (remember the botchfest with Jericho at the Rumble!?) was pretty embarrassing and he seems to have too much pride to let that happen. I'm not sure I'd even want him on commentary, he was over-bearing and more concerned with getting himself over than putting the talent over.

Having said all of that, JBL's commentary during the King Boooookah reign was absolutely priceless and really helped solidify that character. Look up Mysterio vs King Booker at the Bash 06, it's one of the best commentary performances ever!

K-Jammin
06-06-2012, 03:49 PM
I seriously doubt we'll see anything close to a full-time return from JBL. His last comeback (remember the botchfest with Jericho at the Rumble!?) was pretty embarrassing and he seems to have too much pride to let that happen. I'm not sure I'd even want him on commentary, he was over-bearing and more concerned with getting himself over than putting the talent over.

Having said all of that, JBL's commentary during the King Boooookah reign was absolutely priceless and really helped solidify that character. Look up Mysterio vs King Booker at the Bash 06, it's one of the best commentary performances ever!

Get ready for a life where nobody actually reads what you say because they are all just staring at your sig instead! ;) Trust me, I've had that problem for about a year. Infact, I'm pretty sure you won't even read what I've just said!

GreatMuta4life
06-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Get ready for a life where nobody actually reads what you say because they are all just staring at your sig instead! ;) Trust me, I've had that problem for about a year. Infact, I'm pretty sure you won't even read what I've just said!

mmm Layla

huh what?

K-Jammin
06-06-2012, 03:55 PM
mmm Layla

huh what?

Oh fucking hell!

HeelTurn
06-06-2012, 04:15 PM
A JBL dvd would be fun, not for the matches, but for the promos/interviews etc.

Rick BoA
06-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Kick out Booker bring back JBL! He was my favorite announcer since King was a heel.

CenationRulez1097
06-07-2012, 09:03 AM
A JBL would be amazing. He is an amazing entertainer and should be anknowledge from it. One match that should be included it his match against John Cena at Wrestlemania 21!!!!

Sahu
06-07-2012, 09:57 AM
I would JBL's come back....he's gold on mic...he knows how to put over talent....he's one of the most entertaining superstars...I liked all his gimmicks starting from APA...

He's really "A WRESTLINGGGG GOD!!!"

jordan1995
06-07-2012, 10:02 AM
I would love a JBL dvd , hes had some great matches , remeber the matches with Eddie. the first and only Barbed Wire Steel Cage match.
The promos will be awesome and hopefully some of his APA stuff will be on.

steveorton
06-07-2012, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't mind a JBL return. it could produce some great matches and storylines, for example Orton vs JBL, Punk vs JBL, Christian vs JBL, Y2J vs JBL, etc.

JSullivan
06-08-2012, 02:39 PM
It'd take a big deal for JBL to come back.

Spoken to him a few times on and off, and he seems perfectly happy where he is now in Bermuda and the work he is doing with the children there.