PDA

View Full Version : Why did the WWE not..

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
06-05-2012, 08:04 PM
...use Orton's time off to put over anyone? When Wade "hurt" Orton it gave Wade a little push forward. I know they had a Jericho-Orton feud in the works so the easiest solution to the suspensions was just to scrap everything, but I feel quite a few people could have benefited from putting The Viper on the shelf.

Ryback

Instead of having him face two, three, or a dozen local jobbers at a time, why not have him super-squash Orton? This could have been a great way to give Ryback an actual story line, some more character, and some heat.

Big Show

What better way to show that he is truly unleashed than destroying the number 2 guy right before facing the number one guy at No Way Out?

ADR/Daniel Bryan Danielson

Both are about to have title matches and frankly I do not see either of them winning. It would add more intrigue to each respective match if one of them "breaks" Randy's arm.

Johnny Ace

Best scenario? No! Would it show the WWE universe that he will do whatever it takes to keep his power? Yes. Plus it would actually cause a reason for VKM to show up next week and not make it look like a desperate attempt at raising the ratings.

Thoughts?

As a bonus:

ihearvoices
06-05-2012, 08:36 PM
...use Orton's time off to put over anyone? When Wade "hurt" Orton it gave Wade a little push forward. I know they had a Jericho-Orton feud in the works so the easiest solution to the suspensions was just to scrap everything, but I feel quite a few people could have benefited from putting The Viper on the shelf.

Ryback

Instead of having him face two, three, or a dozen local jobbers at a time, why not have him super-squash Orton? This could have been a great way to give Ryback an actual story line, some more character, and some heat.

Big Show

What better way to show that he is truly unleashed than destroying the number 2 guy right before facing the number one guy at No Way Out?

ADR/Daniel Bryan Danielson

Both are about to have title matches and frankly I do not see either of them winning. It would add more intrigue to each respective match if one of them "breaks" Randy's arm.

Johnny Ace

Best scenario? No! Would it show the WWE universe that he will do whatever it takes to keep his power? Yes. Plus it would actually cause a reason for VKM to show up next week and not make it look like a desperate attempt at raising the ratings.

Thoughts?

As a bonus:

Ryback if they did that he would be just like every other big guy who goes straight to the main event and then within a year somehow finds his way as a midcard and as time passes he kepts going down the ladder til he is either a jobber, on superstars or worst not used at all or fired.

Big show I feel that this is what WWE already has in motion. If the rumor going around that big show will face cm punk at SS is correct then he will knock off Cena (#2 guy) and then go after the WWE champion Cm punk (#1 guy).

ADR/Bryan as far as that goes that just makes no sense IMO.

wrestlingfan66513
06-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Ryback is a face actually so he doesn't need heat (They are going for Goldberg remember)

Show could do it and it'd be a big impact, ADR needs it since it doesn't look like he and Sheamus are feuding since Monday.

sxe_savior
06-05-2012, 10:39 PM
It would have been big for Ryback to take out Orton and that is frightning, since evry time you push somebody in the main event right away they usually end up in midcard hell or even becoming a jobber, I think Vince is just realizing this now

Tommy Thunder
06-05-2012, 11:04 PM
As soon as Orton was suspended, he wasn't able to appear on any WWE events any more. With an injury, they can have then just do one extra night to do the 'taking out angle'. With a suspension, it's effective immediately.

KJ PUNK
06-05-2012, 11:33 PM
As soon as Orton was suspended, he wasn't able to appear on any WWE events any more. With an injury, they can have then just do one extra night to do the 'taking out angle'. With a suspension, it's effective immediately.

Idk, I think it depends on that. Because didn't Bourne fail a test and then showed up on Raw to drop the tag titles?

Y2JLionsault
06-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Idk, I think it depends on that. Because didn't Bourne fail a test and then showed up on Raw to drop the tag titles?
Also Truth getting taken out by Miz. But not quite sure when their suspensions were put in place.

Rassling_Fan
06-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Also Truth getting taken out by Miz. But not quite sure when their suspensions were put in place.

The Truth case was different. He wasn't suspended immediately because he was in the Survivor Series match with the Rock and Cena. Would have been too late to make any changes that makes sense.

As for Bourne, he was a tag champ at the time. A one month suspension they could use since the 30 Day Title Defense rule, but two months was a no go. They had to drop the title before carrying it out, or else the tag titles won't be seen for two months.

Cabers
06-06-2012, 01:29 PM

That is incorrect fella they have delayed a suspension before.

Y2JLionsault
06-06-2012, 08:50 PM
The Truth case was different. He wasn't suspended immediately because he was in the Survivor Series match with the Rock and Cena. Would have been too late to make any changes that makes sense.

As for Bourne, he was a tag champ at the time. A one month suspension they could use since the 30 Day Title Defense rule, but two months was a no go. They had to drop the title before carrying it out, or else the tag titles won't be seen for two months.
Yeah that makes sense. This time around it seems they are taking it more seriously, possibly because it's Randy. We had Cole on commentary saying Orton won't be in action for a while and you can go to WWE.com for the details. Usually they wouldn't invite the viewers to go find out that a superstar has been suspended. Most cases it's left to those who actually go to the website to find out on their own.

Viperfish
06-06-2012, 08:58 PM
I would think that there's some leeway as to when a guy is taken off TV. They should write a guy off of TV(probably a good reason for the delay in announcing the suspension), including dropping the titles and possibly having their PPV match that they're advertised for. They shouldn't be held to the same standard as a sports team, there are no plots and no 1 specific person is ever advertised for a game. You can't use a stand-in to replace somebody either(Vivian Banks on the Fresh Prince and how the actress suddenly changed between seasons).