PDA

View Full Version : Damien Sandow is WWE's next big heel

Peter Kaymakcian
06-05-2012, 01:14 PM
After watching this guy for the past couple of weeks I am convinced that he will eventually be the WWE's next big heel. I don't know what you guys think, but I firmly believe that he will be WWE's next big heel. His mic work is amazing, I am loving the gimmick, and his in ring work is extremely good.

Shining Light
06-05-2012, 01:15 PM
It'll take a while for him to reach main - event status, the scene is already too crowded as it is but I do have to agree with you. There's no denying that this guy has talent

Haruko Haruhara
06-05-2012, 01:36 PM
It'll take a while for him to reach main - event status, the scene is already too crowded as it is but I do have to agree with you. There's no denying that this guy has talent

I don't think so. Half of them are suspended.

Automatic
06-05-2012, 01:38 PM
How the hell can you judge his in ring work? He hasn't worked a match yet?

Broc
06-05-2012, 01:45 PM
I've like him so far. I don't typically watch Smackdown, but by what I've seen of him, he does look impressive. I really enjoy his gimmick, I know that much. I could definitely see him being up there in the main events in the next few years.

Giddy
06-05-2012, 02:13 PM
I think he'll move to a midcard feud first with Christian, then in half a year to a year he could be up in the main events.

Peter Kaymakcian
06-05-2012, 02:46 PM

A little thing called FCW. You know the developmental league he was in before being moved up to the main roster.

Automatic
06-05-2012, 02:48 PM
A little thing called FCW. You know the developmental league he was in before being moved up to the main roster.

I wouldn't call that extremely good.

Peter Kaymakcian
06-05-2012, 02:51 PM
I wouldn't call that extremely good.

We will have to disagree then. I liked what I saw in FCW from him and I'm pretty sure I'll like what I see on the main roster as well.

Cabers
06-05-2012, 03:21 PM

FCW fella!! Trust me the guy is good on mic and ring work, the best is yet to come!

scribblerking
06-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Sandow is refreshing if not exactly original and I could actually see him having a good starter feud with someone like William Regal or be the one to defeat Brodus Clay...he is fun to listen to on the stick and with some "enlightend" refinement he could be a great heel.

magglis
06-05-2012, 03:24 PM
I don't like him and i never will

TheBritishInvasion
06-05-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm incredibly interested in what Mr.Sandow brings to the mix, so far i think he will make an excellent Heel, i watched him in FCW and if he is anything like he was there then he'll deffinatly be big, although i see him becoming the I.C champ first before hangin' with the main eventers.
his promos, fluent speech, technical wrestling abilities and his catchphrases make him a deffinate mainstay in WWE. unless he or the E fucks up.

one negative point is those damn pink trunks......#HIDEOUS!!!

Mojo Tartarus
06-05-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't think he's the NEXT big heel but he's certainly one for the future.

If you're looking for the next major heel in the WWE, wait for Barrett's return!

ryanator
06-05-2012, 03:38 PM

THIS.
Also, I think he'll be more than likely to be future endeavored. His name sucks. His appearance sucks. Unless he gets an overhaul, he will continue to suck on the unemployment line.

clrj3514
06-05-2012, 03:39 PM
From what little bit I've seen of him in the ring he's pretty good but I find him annoying on the mic. I guess that makes a good heel but I can't enjoy it at all.

Steve Austin
06-05-2012, 03:49 PM
He's good, no denying.

But if you're talking big as in the main one I'd go with Barrett.

scribblerking
06-05-2012, 04:01 PM
This discussion reminds me all too well how thin the WWE established roster is getting...

bartish2
06-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y2LUUK
06-05-2012, 05:03 PM
I thoroughly enjoy watching this guy at work. I have seen some of his matches in FCW, and I can say he has the ring-skills to hang with the big boys. I am not saying he is the best or whatever, but seeing as some competitors with hardly any ring-skills (Batista to name one) can make it, I think eventually Sandow will be great one day. As far as mic-skills and charisma are concerned: top-notch.

thetheme
06-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Maybe it's just me, but Damien reminds me of The Genius. I can't get behind him just yet unless he shows me a good match. I want to see more action. Once he proves that and shows some intensity then there will be gold around his waist.

Tommy Thunder
06-05-2012, 06:32 PM
There's no denying Sandow's talent. I hope that they work a Sandow vs Christian feud once Christian's done with Rhodes. In the mean time though, I would like to see Sandow compete in a real match that isn't just him delivering knees to someone's head before hitting that straight-jacket neckbreaker.
Would be nice if they gave him someone 'worthy' to have a match against in these coming weeks just so that we can see that he can actually go in the ring.

CM_SUXX_NOT
06-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Hang on guys... this guy doesn't like a heel.

Let me inform you, sir......

That's the point

Tommy Thunder
06-05-2012, 07:36 PM

Would you like to expand on that?

MattTY2JHBK
06-05-2012, 07:38 PM
I think he's great!
The best performers are the ones who know how to merge together all the little things.
I enjoy the way Sandow talks, his vocabularly, his ring-walk, attire, facial expressions, and the way he holds his mic.
Also, after seeing his two short matches with Yoshi and Ezekiel, although not displaying much, he certainly has very good in-ring skills and psychology.
He certainly needs time to get to the main-event that's for sure, but he has bundles of potential.

Sahu
06-05-2012, 09:36 PM
It all depends on how E uses him..but, currently he's one of the few ppl who got some character n gimmick to identify with..

I love his ring gear as well...I mean a savior in pink n purple is just contrasting n hilarious!!!

BadAndy
06-05-2012, 10:31 PM
How does it go? YES! YES! YES! Sandow is one of the most entertaining new wrestlers in some time. I see nothing to say midcard. This guy has more charisma and better in ring skills that put others that have done similar gimmicks, Del Rio and JBL, to shame. I love the beard. I love the crazy colors of the gear. I love the somersaults he does after taking an opponent to the ground. I love the smirk after winning. I love the cartwheel celebration. Sandow is already one I look forward to seeing.

Mikeyboy7777777
06-06-2012, 04:36 AM
FCW XD
he kind of wrestled there also as a main eventer
btw it will take time ofcourse he has to pay his dues but i like how they are bringing him in the wwe way more than brodus clay and skip ryback
i mean ryback sheffield whatever his name is damien sandow is doing it in an interesting crowd reaction kind of way so yes:D

ELNIOJR
06-06-2012, 07:54 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Cc7Uo.gif

How can you not like Sandow?
The guy even blinks his eyes DIFFERENTLY, with class.
Look it :)

Shining Light
06-06-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't think so. Half of them are suspended.

I do think so...

*Puts on reading glasses*

Cena
Punk
Daniel Bryan
Big Show
Sheamus
Alberto Del Rio
Kane

*Takes off reading glasses*

Now where will Damien Sandow fit in amongst them superstars? :)

magglis
06-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Would you like to expand on that?
I just don't find him entertaining enough for a heel,he is too boring.A good entertaining heel for me is Cody Rhodes

magglis
06-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Hang on guys... this guy doesn't like a heel.

Let me inform you, sir......

That's the point

Don't be a troll,i mean he is boring

Broc
06-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Don't be a troll,i mean he is boring

He's not being a troll, he's pointing out the obvious.

A heel's job is to make people not like him, so if you don't like him, then he's doing his job.

I still need to see Sandow in the ring to be truly sold on him, but I love his gimmick. It's something new, and it fits him very well.

magglis
06-06-2012, 04:18 PM
He's not being a troll, he's pointing out the obvious.

A heel's job is to make people not like him, so if you don't like him, then he's doing his job.

I still need to see Sandow in the ring to be truly sold on him, but I love his gimmick. It's something new, and it fits him very well.
You think i don't know that Broc?:rolleyes:
I find him boring to watch

lewism173
06-06-2012, 05:44 PM
oh god do research before commenting first of all he has had two smackdown matches and he was on FCW

Keith Stone
06-07-2012, 03:44 AM
Just replace Alberto with him. Sandow is already more interesting than him and that whole Mexican Champ experiment is over now because nobody cares about ADR and never will

Sandow does remind me of Hunter Hearst Hemsley before he became the roided up Triple H

Tommy Thunder
06-07-2012, 03:56 AM
Just replace Alberto with him. Sandow is already more interesting than him and that whole Mexican Champ experiment is over now because nobody cares about ADR and never will

Sandow does remind me of Hunter Hearst Hemsley before he became the roided up Triple H

I see that aspect of his character too. I've heard that HHH is a big fan of his too, and he was the one that wanted to get Sandow on the main roster.

On your point of replacing ADR with him, I think there's a good chance this time next year that Sandow will be a bigger heel than him in the pecking order so to speak.
I feel bad for Del Rio. Had he got a proper buildup he would have worked out much better than he has. Instead they thrust him into the main event straight off the bat, and they've ruined him by shoving him down our throats. He's already a RR winner, MITB winner, had a match at Wrestlemania for the WHC, and a 2 time WWE Champion, all in the small space of 2 years. It's a bit like they did with Sheamus. Once he was on Raw, he was thrust into the main event, and had 2 WWE title reigns, and nobody cared. They moved him to Smackdown and gave him a slower buildup, and now he's a much more credible talent that people actually care about.

Had they built ADR up slower, he'd have worked IMO. Perhaps they should look to do the same with him as they did with Sheamus.

But I agree that Sandow is well on his way to becoming a top heel in WWE. He's going to do great things based on how he's started.

justinjackson1983
06-07-2012, 10:26 AM
I see that aspect of his character too. I've heard that HHH is a big fan of his too, and he was the one that wanted to get Sandow on the main roster.

On your point of replacing ADR with him, I think there's a good chance this time next year that Sandow will be a bigger heel than him in the pecking order so to speak.
I feel bad for Del Rio. Had he got a proper buildup he would have worked out much better than he has. Instead they thrust him into the main event straight off the bat, and they've ruined him by shoving him down our throats. He's already a RR winner, MITB winner, had a match at Wrestlemania for the WHC, and a 2 time WWE Champion, all in the small space of 2 years. It's a bit like they did with Sheamus. Once he was on Raw, he was thrust into the main event, and had 2 WWE title reigns, and nobody cared. They moved him to Smackdown and gave him a slower buildup, and now he's a much more credible talent that people actually care about.

Had they built ADR up slower, he'd have worked IMO. Perhaps they should look to do the same with him as they did with Sheamus.

But I agree that Sandow is well on his way to becoming a top heel in WWE. He's going to do great things based on how he's started.

Couldnt agree more, in terms of Build up Less is more

If Del rio never won the royal rumble and stayed Mid card until at least Money in the bank he would have made more of an impact when he did win the wwe championship

"sometimes it takes a long time to get someone over with the fans and we dont force wrestlers down peoples throats" this was a philsophy wwe said many times during the attitude Era after they could initally get Rocky Maivia over with the crowd.

slow build up, decent promos and angles that make the fans care about the wrestler before thrusting them in the main event...simples