PDA

View Full Version : How and who to push?

Y2JLionsault
06-05-2012, 08:39 AM
I was thinking of who deserves a big push and how to get it done. But along the lines of mid card or lower mid card guys rather than the likes of Rhodes, Ziggler, Barrett, etc. I wanted to hear what other people would do if they had the chance. If it were me I'd like to see either the Cena or the Sheamus. The Cena being say a guy like Yoshi Tatsu come out and challenge Punk to a match and the put on an amazing match. Although my pick for this would be Tyson Kidd but for shits and giggles I wanna see Punk and Tatsu both go for that kick to the head :)
The Sheamus is like when Jesse Ventura made a Battle Royal of just guys who haven't been world champ before, maybe even the king of the ring tournament with no former champs and the winner getting a title shot.
Any other ideas?

P.s sorry if this has been done already, just merge it if need be.

Cabers
06-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Only thing i found interesting (no offense!!) is your KotR idea might have something in that.

Y2JLionsault
06-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Only thing i found interesting (no offense!!) is your KotR idea might have something in that.
Fair enough. I used to love KotR but it lost all purpose recently. All you get from it these days is a guy running around for a few months calling himself a king. Give a reward to the guy who wins it or at least use it to really propel a lesser known talent.

PSOjedi
06-19-2012, 05:37 AM
Let's have David Otunga win the US Championship, then make a Triple Threat fued,
David Otunga(c) vs Alex Riley vs Zack Ryder.

Drew McIntyre needs a push, so to make him the heel he was before, put him vs Christian for the IC, or may be The Miz who can be drafted to SD

Ziggler must be pushed in the main event, vs CM Punk or Daniel Bryan

If Wade Barrett returns Ã* MITB ppv, make him win the MITB SD match, then let him focus on Sheamus
Ziggler as the RAW MITB match winner, then let him focus on Punk or Bryan
If there is only one MITB match, then I would go with Ziggler, who could be on both RAW & SD looking for both champs

Push AJ vs Layla(c) for the Divas' Championship

Push Titus O'Neil & Darren Young in a fued for the Tag Titles, then when they're champs, make them fued vs Primo & Epico, then the Usos for the win.

I like Kofi Kingston but his gimmick is stale for months now, and a heel turn would be great for him. I don't know what to do with him. Perhaps a fued vs Y2J...

The Hit Man
06-19-2012, 07:42 AM
They need to start giving Sandow something to work with. I think a good feud on Smackdown with Ryder would help sell his gimmick. Sandow could start saying how he has found the perfect man to make an example of in cleansing the WWE roster or whatever he says. He could even show up on one of Ryders True LI shows and say how pathetic it is. This would culminate at MITB where he would get the clean win over Ryder. He'd then move on to the biggest joke in WWE, Santino Marella. It would basically be the same type of feud as the Ryder one except the US Championship would be on the line. He'd then go on to win the championship at SummerSlam. I think Sandow would bring the championship out of the dumps and bring back some prestige to it defending it against the likes of Kingston, R-Truth, Riley and Ryder.

MrFlacid1
06-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Nahh.. Personally, I think KOtR has run it's course. Times have changed. Not only is it not that big of a deal anymore- it usually comes with a new gimmick that I personally HATE.

If an injury springs up with a Champion, they could always do a normal tournament. When's the last time they did one of those? Hell, there doesn't even need to be an injury. A normal tournament with solid matches can really do a lot to get some people over. Knowing WWE, though, they'd screw it up by having guys like Brodus Clay squashing guys like Ryder in the tourny only to lose to Big Show or something- who wouldn't even belong in the tournament. I'm talking 8 man tourney feat. Ziggler, Hawkins, Kidd, Barrett, Sandow, Riley, Mcyntire, and Swagger or something. These guys all have potential, and putting them in some solid matches (NO squashes) could work. As the tourney goes on, it'll only build the fans interest in who will win, and the crowd reactions would get stronger.

Regal>Cena
06-20-2012, 04:35 AM
I was thinking that now Swagger has been dropped by Vickie, we could have him join Abraham Washington's stable. He needs to be a singles competitor, quite genuinely I think he is the best wrestler WWE has produced in years, but he needs some personality. I also think he could help add some credibility to O'Neil and Young.

That would also free up Epico and Primo to join Vickie Guerrero's stable (possibly as face's along with a turn that seems to be coming for Ziggler) and lets you put the spotlight on 2 teams, two singles competitors and two managers in one neat storyline. You would also be able to have some good combinations of matches building up to a PPV, and could involve say the US Title by putting it on Swagger and the Tag Belts on Epico and Primo so that you have a storyline focus on the titles that arguably need the most attention creating.

The Hit Man
06-20-2012, 10:19 AM
I was thinking that now Swagger has been dropped by Vickie, we could have him join Abraham Washington's stable. He needs to be a singles competitor, quite genuinely I think he is the best wrestler WWE has produced in years, but he needs some personality. I also think he could help add some credibility to O'Neil and Young.

That would also free up Epico and Primo to join Vickie Guerrero's stable (possibly as face's along with a turn that seems to be coming for Ziggler) and lets you put the spotlight on 2 teams, two singles competitors and two managers in one neat storyline. You would also be able to have some good combinations of matches building up to a PPV, and could involve say the US Title by putting it on Swagger and the Tag Belts on Epico and Primo so that you have a storyline focus on the titles that arguably need the most attention creating.

I like this idea. My only concern is that it would take quite a lot of work turning Vickie into a face.

Regal>Cena
06-21-2012, 03:30 AM
I like this idea. My only concern is that it would take quite a lot of work turning Vickie into a face.

To be perfectly honest I think all you would need to do to begin the turn is have Rey Mysterio show up and start talking about how Eddie wouldn't want her to be like this.

I'm not saying bringing the dead into story lines is acceptable, but they have used his name for cheap heat so many times now I don't think it would be out of the question for them to do it.

TempestH
06-21-2012, 04:10 AM
1. I would have Johnny Curtis randomly show up and attack Brodus Clay. Curtis is jealous of Brodus because he won NXT, yet Brodus is the bigger star. I would also re-enforce the brand split, but have Curtis as a dual branded superstar. Being able to a ppear on both shows is his consolation prize for never getting his promised Tag Title match from winning NXT.

2. I would have Zack Ryder reform his tag team with Curt Hawkins. The idea would be similar to Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase's short lived alliance last year. Ryder wants to help Hawkins get over, and makes him appear on his show and do stupid and embarrassing things that he hates. Ryder would still be a face and Hawkins would still be a heel and they would have matches against both heel and face teams alike. Ryder is naive to Hawkins' apathy and disdain and is just happy to have his best friend back. Eventually Hawkins just snaps and attacks Ryder, leading to a feud. Hawkins and Tyler Reks end up ganging up on Ryder, so Ryder enlists the aid of Alex Riley to watch his back.

3. Drew McIntyre becomes Triple H's protege. Triple H says that Vince McMahon had a vision that Drew McIntyre would be the face of the company, and he intends to continue Vince's vision. This leads to McIntyre getting a huge push with Triple H's blessing