PDA

View Full Version : If You Had The Power To "Cut" 2 Superstars, Who Would It Be...And Why?

SHW
06-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Say the WWE was run more like a professional sports team, and less like a dictatorship, you are the GM and have the power to cut 2 superstars and they would never appear on WWE TV again. They should be guys on the mid to main event card, not the likes of Jinder Mahal or Alex Riley, but its your call and pick anyone on the roster...

Who would it be, and why?

1) Sheamus - It is well known he is LOVED by HHH and VKM and is the definition of backstage politics getting him a push. In a little over 2 years, he has won the WWE title, King of the Ring, Royal Rumble, World Heavyweight Title, and a Wrestlemania win in 18 seconds over arguably the 2nd most over superstar. I do not think he has lost a singles match since the RR. His promos are idiotic metaphors about an uncle in Ireland, putting, "a boot so far up someones arse that (insert another idiotic phrase)", beating on his chest and yelling, "FELLA" I will give him credit in the sense his move set is not terrible for a big man and moves very well. He is just a dull personality in my opinion and not deserving of the push he has received since being called up from FCW.

2) Randy Orton - The guy has not been interesting in 4 years or done anything memorable despite being the "face" of SD! and getting the most camera time on that program. He is boring on the mic, has a very limited move set, and has not improved at all over the years. He was given championship after championship and forced down out throats despite being a violator of the substance abuse policy 2 times, that we know about. Overall, it seems like Orton could care less about the industry and exerts zero effort and looks like he just goes thru the motions. He was kicked out of the Marines for being such a f*ck up, and then what does VKM do? tries to star him in the Marine 3, a slap in the face to anyone who has ever served in the armed forces, the organization the WWE goes out of its way to promote on TV when it benefits them. I do not want anyone to fail in what they do or lose their job, but in Ortons case, there are so many more deserving superstars that would sell their souls to get the opportunities Randy has been given during his career...

Steve Austin
06-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Kofi Kingston and Tensai.

The Notorious R.O.B
06-04-2012, 09:45 PM
I'll agree with the OP's evaluation of both Sheamus and Orton, however I wouldn't cut them because they both are big money makers. If I had it my way Khali and Tensai would both be gone. There is more dead weight, but at the moment those are the two that bother me the most when I see them neither one seems to bring much to the table. I also agree with Steve in cutting Kofi, I just really wouldn't miss him if he were gone. He's a good performer in all just not my cup of tea.

SHW
06-04-2012, 09:57 PM
i agree with both of you, if there was a 2b, it would have been Tensai...

He was awful as Price Albert, A-Train, and now this clown shoes wanna be Japanese samurai with facial piercings...

i did not pick him because i think he will truly be gone by the end of the summer, or in a role where he rarely appears on TV at the least.

Sydnister
06-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Tensai and Khali. If I have to explain it you aren't watching the product.

Dameduse823
06-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Alberto Del Rio - I know a lot of people like him and he is a very talented performer but he is just so fucking boring. Aside from taking out Mysterio when he first showed up he's done nothing I have found entertaining, he's had a few good matches but nothing I'd call outstanding. There are atleast five people off the top of my head I'd rather see getting ring time then Del Rio.

Tensai - This whole thing has been disappointing for me because I was a huge A-Train fan years ago. But since showing up he's done nothing aside from a few painfully boring matches against Cena. He's got two of the worst finishers in the wwe today and his gimmick makes no sense at all.

bryanb1306
06-04-2012, 10:34 PM
How about being a little more unbiased?

I choose The Great Khali & Heath Slater.

bartish2
06-04-2012, 10:35 PM
john cena, alberto del rio.

Haruko Haruhara
06-04-2012, 10:36 PM
I would go with Kidd and Kahli

Amerinaine
06-04-2012, 10:37 PM
1) Randy Orton: I'm an Orton mark, but this drug thing and backstage stuff that has done and is doing is stupid. It is productive for the company. It isn't doing the fans any good at all. No matter how good he is in the ring it just isn't worth the risk. Monetarily or otherwise.

2) The Great Khali: He is slow in the ring. He can't do a promo. He isn't even really a draw anymore. Especially as the Punjabi playboy. He is an injury risk to himself.

Sydnister
06-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Is it to soon to pick Flair?

SHW
06-04-2012, 10:39 PM
^ HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA...most certainly not my friend!!

peppermill25
06-04-2012, 11:05 PM
The Miz for sure, and Lord gayballs Tensai

Amerinaine
06-04-2012, 11:14 PM
I love this type of response:

The Miz
Tensai

or

Orton
Khali

or

Big Show
Cena.

What happened to giving reasons why? Seriously people. How hard is it to write a damn sentence or two. Otherwise, your spouting off nonsense.

Amerinaine
06-04-2012, 11:14 PM
And saying "Because he suck." isn't a valid response either.

mrbluto
06-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Tensai and Khali with Kofi being a close third.

thetheme
06-04-2012, 11:43 PM
The miz:

Can't give a 5 star match. He has never shown or proven that he could carry a match and he doesn't have a move set to do so HE is not entertaining in the ring and he is annoying on the mic. Many people want him to turn face, but he would not be a good draw. His comfort zone is being a little bitch. Do you think it would look convincing if the miz would go one on one with Brock or Big Show as heels and get past them clean? Don't think so. The WWE title should have never been given to him. There are many people that want or wanted miz to win the title instead of guys that could actually go in the ring like Del Rio, Cody, Ziggler, Barret and so on.

Otunga:

Pretty much the same as above.

brianjones90
06-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Bryan Danielson & CM Punk:So they could bring ROH back to life.

Kryptonite
06-05-2012, 12:40 AM
I would go with Kidd and Kahli
Kidd? Why the hell Kidd?

Haruko Haruhara
06-05-2012, 01:04 AM
Kidd? Why the hell Kidd?

I don't like watching him preform. His first haircut showed that he is an arrogant cocky SOB. I don't think he is that good and his hype is worse than Sin Cara. At least Sin Cara can draw a reaction from the WWE Universe. PEOPLE POWER!

KJ PUNK
06-05-2012, 01:11 AM
I'd definitely cut Khali. I mean if you can't run, then you shouldn't wrestle. He's a bit obvious.

Hmm. I don't really know about a second since we are talking about the upper mid card guys.

If I had to go with someone it would be Mysterio. Mainly because every year it seems he's hurt half of it.

TempestH
06-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Rey Mysterio: As stated by the previous poster, he's injured most of the time. He's had a lengthy career, and he can go down in history for paving the way for smaller guys to become headliners. He needs to either officially become a part time wrestler, or hang it up for good.

Evan Bourne: Two wellness strikes so close to each other. He needs time off to get his act together. Plus releasing him wouldn't harm him too bad. He made his name on the indies as Matt Sydal and can easily go back as a conquering hero. Others, such as Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler or Alex Riley don't have that luxury and would have to start completely over from scratch, so I'd hate to see THEM released and their careers set back just to keep Bourne on the payroll.

Tommy Thunder
06-05-2012, 03:41 AM
1) The Great Khali

I seriously don't know why he's still employed under a full time talent contract. I get that WWE want to exploit his relations with the Indian audience, but he serves no purpose whatsoever as an on screen in ring talent. He can't wrestle (he can barely walk to the ring), he can't cut a promo, he's an injury risk to both himself and others. I'm pretty sure he's getting a pretty hefty pay package, so cutting him would loosen up some good funds that can be better invested elsewhere.

2) Tensai

Pains me to say it, but he needs to get out of WWE and back to Japan. He's been totally screwed by WWE since returning. He was given some hype upon his debut with promo videos, but after debuting, he he's merely been a pawn that has been called upon as a 'jobber to the stars' type guy whenever needed to fill in a void. He hasn't been involved fully in any particular feud, and it doesn't seem as if they have any plans for him in the near future. It's a shame, since he's improved a lot during his tenure in Japan, and he's excellent in the ring for a guy of his size. However at the moment, he's a waste of space and wouldn't be missed at all if cut. And again, I'm sure he's also getting a pretty good pay packet, so again some funds would be freed to be spent elsewhere.

Gogs
06-05-2012, 04:12 AM
The Great Khali - after all, the guy can barely walk.

Evan Bourne - Although I like him, he is obviously a moron to get two suspensions about two weeks apart.

Shining Light
06-05-2012, 04:34 AM
The Great Khali - I realized this guy had no potential when he won the World Heavyweight title and held it upside down when lifting it into the air *Facepalm*

Santino Marella - What kind of purpose does this guy serve apart from comedy? Him holding the United States title is worse than whoever decided to put the WWE title on Del Rio.

Darkside Ron Garvin
06-05-2012, 05:58 AM
I never post in the WWE Forum, but this topic interested me.

1) Epico/Primo - I know, that's two in itself, but I count Tag Teams as one. The reason for cutting them isn't because they aren't talented. On the contrary, I feel that the talent this tag team has is currently being wasted beyond what they deserve. They put on stellar matches and could really benefit another company that actually plans on "using" thier tag team division in ways other than to keep belts on singles wrestlers they currently can't push further up.

2) Tyson Kidd - Yes he is great. Yes the guy can go... but I am tired of seeing him put together classic matches on a program only true wrestling fans will take the time to find on the net and watch. A guy like this could be a draw for a ROH, DragonGate, or even TNA. I guess I am just not a fan of seeing talent wasted.

Broc
06-05-2012, 06:17 AM
1: Alberto Del Rio

The guy has not been anything since walking into the company, and now I think that the 'E is finally starting to realize that. His WWE Title run was horrible, and he never should have even had a chance for it in the first place. ADR in the ring can get it done, but his promos really are not great at all.

2: Rey Mysterio

I've never liked Mysterio, and now that he's injured and hasn't wrestled in awhile, now is the perfect time to cut him. Rey truly only has a few matches left in him, so hopefully what WWE does with him is just let him have his match Sin Cara and retire.

Y2JLionsault
06-05-2012, 07:12 AM
I never post in the WWE Forum, but this topic interested me.

1) Epico/Primo - I know, that's two in itself, but I count Tag Teams as one. The reason for cutting them isn't because they aren't talented. On the contrary, I feel that the talent this tag team has is currently being wasted beyond what they deserve. They put on stellar matches and could really benefit another company that actually plans on "using" thier tag team division in ways other than to keep belts on singles wrestlers they currently can't push further up.

2) Tyson Kidd - Yes he is great. Yes the guy can go... but I am tired of seeing him put together classic matches on a program only true wrestling fans will take the time to find on the net and watch. A guy like this could be a draw for a ROH, DragonGate, or even TNA. I guess I am just not a fan of seeing talent wasted.
I like the direction you went with this one. Guys who aren't being used correctly rather than guys you don't like. I feel like Kidd is paying his dues ATM. Being displayed on the reserve grade show to fill a spot and keep him somewhere in the mix. I think his loyalty will pay off and hopefully he will get the push he deserves, especially now with guys like Bryan and Punk at the top.

Tommy Thunder
06-05-2012, 07:57 AM
I like the direction you went with this one. Guys who aren't being used correctly rather than guys you don't like. I feel like Kidd is paying his dues ATM. Being displayed on the reserve grade show to fill a spot and keep him somewhere in the mix. I think his loyalty will pay off and hopefully he will get the push he deserves, especially now with guys like Bryan and Punk at the top.

Something needs to happen for Kidd in the next year or 2. He's 32 next month, so he needs a breakout moment sooner rather than later. If it doesn't happen for him within the next 2 years, he should consider moving on to Japan perhaps.

jordan1995
06-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Kofi Kingston- i remember liking him when he debut on ECW back in 2007 but he quickly got stale and there's been no made effort to make him look good or from himself to improve. Hes poor on the mic and the fact he can jump high doesn't sell me.

Big Show- been irrelevant , boring , stale and pointless for years. And as Kevin Castle would say the knit hat does nothing for him.

and close behind is Ryback , we had Goldberg dont need another one

Y2JLionsault
06-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Something needs to happen for Kidd in the next year or 2. He's 32 next month, so he needs a breakout moment sooner rather than later. If it doesn't happen for him within the next 2 years, he should consider moving on to Japan perhaps.
That's true. I just don't understand how the WWE cannot give this guy anything. An amazing performer. Perfect mix of high flying and technical ability. As you said if he doesn't get anywhere in the next couple of years he should definitely try somewhere else. And if he were a free agent, every wrestling company will line up at his doorstep.

Darkside Ron Garvin
06-05-2012, 08:27 PM
That's true. I just don't understand how the WWE cannot give this guy anything. An amazing performer. Perfect mix of high flying and technical ability. As you said if he doesn't get anywhere in the next couple of years he should definitely try somewhere else. And if he were a free agent, every wrestling company will line up at his doorstep.

That is the truth. I am sure Cima/BxB Hulk vs Kidd would be a high hope for many out there. Steen/Richards vs Kidd would be another one. As a TNA fan, I'd love to see Aries and/or Roode go against Kidd for a belt. I have been a fan of his for a long time and really hate to see him sitting in internet limbo while watching guys like Miz, Ryback, Brodus Clay get shot into a featured spot. Not taking anything away from Miz, but Kidd is a person that can hold his own in the second hour of SmackDown and/or Raw and could put on classics in a feud with Ziggler, Bryant, or Punk. He might not be the best on the mic, but I watch wrestling for the... WRESTLING(I know, who would've every thought right?). Kidd is one of those that could put on a 20 min PPV match and I wouldn't take a piss break during.