PDA

View Full Version : E3 Thread

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 11:30 AM
With E3 about to happen, what news are you most excited for and what games are you looking forward to?

A Super Smash Bros sequel would be amazing if it is true and the new Metal Gear Solid game looks amazing, can't wait to see Raiden

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 11:34 AM
PS here is a link to the stream for it, the Microsoft conference is up now

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/?tag=Topslot;MicrosoftPressConferenceLiveStream;Mi crosoftPressConferenc;WatchTheLiveStream

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Fifa is using voice commands now with the Kinect. You can sub players on the fly with you voice, if you curse at a call or something the games announcers will recognize it.

Shining Light
06-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Internet Explorer on Xbox! :)

VanHooliganX
06-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Matt Stone and Trey Parker! :D

Awesome. Can't wait to play that 3rd South Park game :)

Rehmix
06-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Usher preforms at the Microsoft Press Conference to promote Harmonix Dance Central 3. That's pretty cool to have a performer for you game at the press conference.

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
This is the worst Microsoft Press Conference at E3 I have ever seen. Really? End out your Presser with 10 minutes of gameplay on a game that ISN'T exclusive to your system? Waste of time.

Asherdelampyr
06-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Usher preforms at the Microsoft Press Conference to promote Harmonix Dance Central 3. That's pretty cool to have a performer for you game at the press conference.

Usher is still alive?
My

Rehmix
06-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Internet Explorer on Xbox! :)

Which would be great news if Internet explorer didn't suck

Shining Light
06-04-2012, 01:08 PM
This is the worst Microsoft Press Conference at E3 I have ever seen. Really? End out your Presser with 10 minutes of gameplay on a game that ISN'T exclusive to your system? Waste of time.

100% agree. Looking forward to both the EA and Ubisoft confrences though... Can't really say that E3 has got off to a good start however

S'pose it's a matter of opinion then

Asherdelampyr
06-04-2012, 01:09 PM
yeah, maybe we can get Firefox on xbox :P

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-04-2012, 01:18 PM
100% agree. Looking forward to both the EA and Ubisoft confrences though... Can't really say that E3 has got off to a good start however.

With struggling IP's... its hard to imagine EA and Ubi even remotely knocking anything out of the park. With Sony's stocks dipping to an alltime low, I guarantee they're reformatting their Press Conference. And Nintendo shot about 80% of their load yesterday when they revealed everything about the Wii U in advance. Ugh.

Krysys
06-04-2012, 01:18 PM
yeah, maybe we can get Firefox on xbox :P

I'd be happier with Chrome or Opera.

I wasn't all that pleased with Microsoft, the Usher performance was horrible and unneeded..

Asherdelampyr
06-04-2012, 01:22 PM
With struggling IP's... its hard to imagine EA and Ubi even remotely knocking anything out of the park. With Sony's stocks dipping to an alltime low, I guarantee they're reformatting their Press Conference. And Nintendo shot about 80% of their load yesterday when they revealed everything about the Wii U in advance. Ugh.

It's been like this since the revamp/relaunch of E3, I think the conventions themselves are starting to become less and less relevant mainly just do to all the much better ways to get word out, less and less people see to want to sit around for 2 hours to watch a game company announce 5 or 6 titles, they would rather just read one of the many reports on it later and save time. As game companies start to realize this, they work less and less on their E3 presentations.

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 02:14 PM

I agree, some cool stuff but they haven't really shown anything to strong. I was hoping for more games with more variety (not that crappy Kinect castle game). They spent to much time on ESPN in my opinion

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 02:18 PM
I'd be happier with Chrome or Opera.

I wasn't all that pleased with Microsoft, the Usher performance was horrible and unneeded..

they just threw money out with to get Usher and Montana playing a football game thinking it will fix it.

Sony might have something not sure, the Super Smash Bros ripoff could be cool if it's done right and they have a good cast, Nintendo just needs to focus some new games and explain the Wii U better

VanHooliganX
06-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Okay the highlight of Microsofts was South Park :)

No sports leagues are following MLB it seems :(

Missed the first part so I'll watch Perfect Dark Ze--err! Halo 4s BS...

Overall the announcements sounds decent/meh/okay I guess.

Asherdelampyr
06-04-2012, 02:35 PM
I agree, some cool stuff but they haven't really shown anything to strong. I was hoping for more games with more variety (not that crappy Kinect castle game). They spent to much time on ESPN in my opinion
at least there was a decent reason to, considering how much money people get off of sports titles.

KJ PUNK
06-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Meh, I don't care much about E3. I just wanna check more God of War gameplay. That's about it for me.

Asherdelampyr
06-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Meh, I don't care much about E3. I just wanna check more God of War gameplay. That's about it for me.

I just want Dragon Age 3
I know Bioware has at least one more fantasy-based RPG in them, and I really hope DA 3 is it, and also that they have been making it in secret to release it Friday for my birthday

but really as long as it comes out and doesn't suck, I will be satisfied.

KJ PUNK
06-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I just want Dragon Age 3
I know Bioware has at least one more fantasy-based RPG in them, and I really hope DA 3 is it, and also that they have been making it in secret to release it Friday for my birthday

but really as long as it comes out and doesn't suck, I will be satisfied.

Same here. Regardless of how good/bad the new GoW is, I'll be buying it. I've played and beaten every game in the series and won't give up on it.

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 02:41 PM
I almost forgot Resident Evil 6!!!

Also Dishonored looks amazing, I think that could be game of the year easily and the DC fighting game looks like crap

Bodom
06-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Browsing the Internet on a console sounds awful.

Just give me Dragon Age 3 and ANY Mass Effect news.

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Browsing the Internet on a console sounds awful.

Just give me Dragon Age 3 and ANY Mass Effect news.

They have Xbox Smart Glass. You can use your tablet and phone with your Xbox and a few games to add more to it.

Bodom
06-04-2012, 02:51 PM
They have Xbox Smart Glass. You can use your tablet and phone with your Xbox and a few games to add more to it.

I literally just read this a minute ago. The concept sounds awesone, but I'm waiting for more details come out. It also damn well better be available for Android.

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 02:57 PM
I literally just read this a minute ago. The concept sounds awesone, but I'm waiting for more details come out. It also damn well better be available for Android.

they said it was so you can rejoice

I wish they got better TV channels to team up with them, maybe the WWE network when it lanches

Asherdelampyr
06-04-2012, 03:06 PM

other than G4 (Which my work has decided to block) what is another good source for reading the E3 news?

Asherdelampyr
06-04-2012, 03:07 PM
they said it was so you can rejoice

I wish they got better TV channels to team up with them, maybe the WWE network when it lanches

that would be fairly awesome and it would allow me to continue not giving money to asshole cable companies directly, which makes me happy

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM

Ummm... so, they just made it the XBOX 360 U??? Nothing like stealing other concepts lol.

Also, Ash... Nintendo went into FULL detail yesterday at their prE3 show.

Bodom
06-04-2012, 03:12 PM
other than G4 (Which my work has decided to block) what is another good source for reading the E3 news?

Kotaku I guess. Thats where I read most of my stuff

wrestlingfan66513
Ummm... so, they just made it the XBOX 360 U??? Nothing like stealing other concepts lol.

yeah everyone's ripping off Nintendo, at least Microsoft isn't make their own exclusive tablet and letting us use what we have.

Sony's Super Smash Bro ripoff looks terrible, and Dishonored looks crazy, if it holds up it will be amazing

And for Ash, Gamespot, IGN and Spike TV are ok. The Spike Hosts don't look to into it in my opinion

Rated_R(ob)KO
that would be fairly awesome and it would allow me to continue not giving money to asshole cable companies directly, which makes me happy

I'm watching EA's presser right now here: http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ea-e3/

They just announced Dead Space 3 and Madden NFL '13

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-04-2012, 03:14 PM
yeah everyone's ripping off Nintendo, at least Microsoft isn't make their own exclusive tablet and letting us use what we have.

Sony's Super Smash Bro ripoff looks terrible, and Dishonored looks crazy, if it holds up it will be amazing

I can agree with that about the tablet and phone. I have a Sony XPERIA PLAY and I wish they'd do something with it. Like... sync it with the PS3 or something.

Rehmix
06-04-2012, 03:19 PM

Well the biggest difference between them, and the thing I think makes Xbox Smart Class better, is that you don't need the one separate piece of hardware to run the smart glass. You can use any smart phone or tablet.

Asherdelampyr
06-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Kotaku I guess. Thats where I read most of my stuff

I'll check that out, thanks
we are totally dead today, you'd think the "no video" restriction could be relaxed a bit :) but at least I can read it

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Lol, they compared Madden to an RPG. And Sim City for Facebook looks crappy why did they bring that to E3

Asherdelampyr
06-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Lol, they compared Madden to an RPG. And Sim City for Facebook looks crappy why did they bring that to E3

they took out all the good parts of Sim City when they brought it to Facebook

VanHooliganX
06-04-2012, 03:24 PM
NFL, NBA, UFC, NHL all coming to Xbox!

FUCK YEAH!

That's brilliant! :D

Easier coverage for my teams. That's brilliant :)

Also Gears 4 looks interesting. Probably won't get it though.

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Battlefield 3 just pissed me off with the $50 Elite ... I mean Premium crap.

VanHooliganX
06-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Whilst the new features of FIFA are pretty interesting. I'll be avoiding everything EA.

I'm sick and tired of the BS they put me through... :(

Rehmix
06-04-2012, 03:51 PM
EA Sport has officially taken UFC from THQ. It's going to be great game

VanHooliganX
06-04-2012, 04:06 PM

http://itlounge.eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/9db16__Nintendo_wii_u_pro_controller-580x372.jpg

Yup. Basically ;)

*looks at the trophy system on PS3 hiding as achievement system*

Every console steals certain stuff from the other 2.

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 04:08 PM

let's not forget what Dana White said a while back

http://www.mmamania.com/2009/07/15/dana-white-ea-sports-spurned-ufc-video-game-now-wants-a-piece-of-the-thq-money-pie/

Asherdelampyr
06-04-2012, 04:09 PM
http://itlounge.eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/9db16__Nintendo_wii_u_pro_controller-580x372.jpg

Yup. Basically ;)

*looks at the trophy system on PS3 hiding as achievement system*

Every console steals certain stuff from the other 2.

Awesome, Microsoft finally made a controller with both joysticks on the same plane, awesome that will help raise my ME 3 game...

waiit a minute, that's not xbox

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Ubisoft conference coming up soon. Hopefully they will be better than EA and give us something new and exciting

Automatic
06-04-2012, 05:07 PM

It's going to be the best MMA game ever.

EA MMA was so much better than UFC Undisputed, but obviously lacked the licenses, but now that will be fixed and we'll get an awesome game.

HeelTurn
06-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Please announce new Metroid...Please announce new Metroid...Please announce new Metroid...Please announce new Metroid...

JSullivan
06-04-2012, 05:28 PM
The most important game of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqNakdGNt_Q&list=UUPIoy48tn-vZWoMhuI5cxfA&index=0&feature=plcp

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Ubisoft has had a great conference. They have announced a ton of stuff for the Wii U (Rayman, Avengers and Zombie U), Assassins Creed 3, Far Cry 3, and now it looks like they have a big new series coming where you can hack the city and use it as a weapon. Sony's going to have a hard time following it up.

Rehmix
06-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Watch_Dogs! First real Big announcement of a new game.

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Watch_Dogs! First real Big announcement of a new game.

It looks like it will be their next big franchise in my opinion, which is what they needed. That and Dishonored look like the best new things. Sony has a Shadows of the Colossus and Ico sequel in the works and I hop to see that at their conference since Shadow of the Colossus got picked up for a movie deal

IrkenInvader
06-04-2012, 07:32 PM
http://chzvideogames.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/video-game-memes-in-case-you-missed-microsofts-press-conference.png

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 07:36 PM
http://chzvideogames.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/video-game-memes-in-case-you-missed-microsofts-press-conference.png

Finally, it's not a real thread until you get an Irken pic

wrestlingfan66513
06-04-2012, 07:40 PM
The new multiplayer in God of War looks pretty good. I like the teams thing they have where you serve a certain god for specific powers. Again can't wait for Resident Evil 6. Anyone going to spend a ridiculous amount of money for the Leon jacket

HeelTurn
06-04-2012, 07:42 PM
The new multiplayer in God of War looks pretty good. I like the teams thing they have where you serve a certain god for specific powers. Again can't wait for Resident Evil 6. Anyone going to spend a ridiculous amount of money for the Leon jacket

I would be tempted, but I don't think they will do it in the UK.

IrkenInvader
06-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Saw the Halo 4 vid, first one since 2 that I've been genuinely interested in.

KJ PUNK
06-04-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm already sick of the Vita talk. The only place I could play a Vita would be at HOME. WHERE I ALREADY HAVE A PS3!!!

IrkenInvader
06-05-2012, 02:36 PM
That WiiU is gonna be popular. Think of all the free advertisement they're getting.

http://chzvideogames.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/video-game-memes-wii-u-wii-u-wii-u-wii-u.jpg

Asherdelampyr
06-05-2012, 02:38 PM
That WiiU is gonna be popular. Think of all the free advertisement they're getting.

http://chzvideogames.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/video-game-memes-wii-u-wii-u-wii-u-wii-u.jpg

just wait until they announce the virtual headset that is coming next year
the CU wii

JSullivan
06-05-2012, 07:44 PM

Yeah, that looked insane!

To anyone who is interested in the Gears of War series, there' some footage up that can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHvzPrKbglk&list=UUPIoy48tn-vZWoMhuI5cxfA&index=0&feature=plcp

wrestlingfan66513
06-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Lego City> Sim City. Lego City looks like a Lego Version of GTA except PG.

Some cool things from Nintendo: Pikman 3, Batman, Zombi U, Rayman, New Super Mario Bros U and 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 3DS, Mass Effect 3 (If they fixed the ending), Ninja Gaiden 3, Game and Wario,

Maybes: Nintendo Land, Trine 2

They didn't show enough games at their conference in my opinion and should have gotten some more time instead of doing the online thing.

I think Sony won out of the Big 3 but Ubisoft had the best conference

zapphoman
06-05-2012, 11:43 PM
To me...best things about E3

Reveal of Last Of Us gameplay
Watch Dogs
Star Wars 1313
Beyond
Crysis 3

Worse things about E3
Microsoft- believe in your franchises. You should have saved Halo 4 for the end. You look like you have little confidence in your company when you end your conference wit a game that isn't exclusive to your system. Also quit trying to turn my game system into a cable box. Its meant to play games not watch TV.

VanHooliganX
06-06-2012, 12:09 AM
To me...best things about E3

Reveal of Last Of Us gameplay
Watch Dogs
Star Wars 1313
Beyond
Crysis 3

Worse things about E3
Microsoft- believe in your franchises. You should have saved Halo 4 for the end. You look like you have little confidence in your company when you end your conference wit a game that isn't exclusive to your system. Also quit trying to turn my game system into a cable box. Its meant to play games not watch TV.

Doing an overall best/worst for personal opinions? Hell yeah!

My turn then.

Best: NHL, UFC, NBA and NFL are coming to Xbox - Being in England is above all a fucking nightmare for me to find good coverage for these. This makes my life a hell of a lot easier for these sports. Really glad they're following MLB on this 1. If a few other leagues would follow I'd be over the fucking moon! But this is brilliant news!

Gears 4 - I saw it and thought "You money grabbing cunts". Nothing has changed, but after seeing gameplay and getting my mind blown by seeing Baird in cuffs (THE best character!) I'm probably going to buy it. Depending on if Gears 3 is added to the near 90 games I've 100%'d.

Worst:

EA - You're cunts. You've been nothing but cunts for years. I've not bought a game from you in nearly 3 years and the 1 game I was given that you make I am starting to regret playing. You're Kinect BS does little to tingle my penis and you should try not to fix things that aren't broken.

Splinter Cell - Pretty sad you're copying little things from Hitman, Assassins Creed and probably other great stealth games when you were 1 of the first around. *Points to UAV and COD which made me lol*

No games - I don't want any game any console are bringing out from what they revealed. Don't game me wrong, a lot of games look pretty sexual, just nothing I'm going to get for a long time when prices go down.

JSullivan
06-06-2012, 06:45 AM
Being the bonehead I am, I managed to miss the Nintendo Conference.

Would you kindly tell me what was announced?

wrestlingfan66513
06-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Being the bonehead I am, I managed to miss the Nintendo Conference.

Would you kindly tell me what was announced?

They announced Mii Verse (Which is their answer to Live and PSN) a cool thing I liked is you can draw pictures on you Wii U and your friends see it instantly

Games for Wii U: Pikeman 3, Batman Arkham City Armored Edition, Mass Effect 3 (both of these use the screen for gameplay), Assassin's Creed 3, Rayman (Looks amazing), Darksider's 2, Game and Wario, Just Dance 4, Lego City (Think Grand Theft Auto except Lego), New Super Mario Bros U, Ninja Gaiden 3, Nintendo Land (A bunch of minigames from other Nintendo series ie Mario, Donkey Kong, and Zelda), Wii Fit U, and Zombi U (My favorite so far)

Most of the games were not at the conference but just a run down of some of the better ones

JSullivan
06-06-2012, 09:57 PM
They announced Mii Verse (Which is their answer to Live and PSN) a cool thing I liked is you can draw pictures on you Wii U and your friends see it instantly

Games for Wii U: Pikeman 3, Batman Arkham City Armored Edition, Mass Effect 3 (both of these use the screen for gameplay), Assassin's Creed 3, Rayman (Looks amazing), Darksider's 2, Game and Wario, Just Dance 4, Lego City (Think Grand Theft Auto except Lego), New Super Mario Bros U, Ninja Gaiden 3, Nintendo Land (A bunch of minigames from other Nintendo series ie Mario, Donkey Kong, and Zelda), Wii Fit U, and Zombi U (My favorite so far)

Most of the games were not at the conference but just a run down of some of the better ones

Sounds interesting.

I find I used my Xbox the most, but I do feel Wii having a proper online experience would help a lot.

I also liked how easily modifiable my Wii was too, so I can make full use of it by using Emulators and such. Hoping the Wii U will be the same.

Asherdelampyr
06-07-2012, 03:37 PM
relevant to the discussion
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-we-know-nintendo-has-lost-its-mind/

Iron Ape
06-07-2012, 04:19 PM
I came for the E3 discussion, but I stayed to see how many different ways that wrestlingfan66513 could spell Pikmin. ;)

Asherdelampyr
06-07-2012, 04:20 PM
I came for the E3 discussion, but I stayed to see how many different ways that wrestlingfan66513 could spell Pikmin. ;)
lmao
man I loved that game, hope the 3rd one doesn't suck

wrestlingfan66513
06-07-2012, 08:19 PM

Spell check got me lol and the phone.

SESAfro
06-08-2012, 05:55 PM
relevant to the discussion
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-we-know-nintendo-has-lost-its-mind/
This is exactly what I was thinking.

Iron Ape
06-09-2012, 01:44 PM
I love how gamerz go from pitching a fit about having to flail their arms to play the Wii (they were doing it wrong) to even more melodramatic nancy-ing regarding "game-breaking" touch controls and cumbersome button presses (they're doing it wrong, too).

The way that people react to things that are new to them and/or they don't understand makes me sort of sad for humanity.

wrestlingfan66513
06-09-2012, 04:14 PM
I love how gamerz go from pitching a fit about having to flail their arms to play the Wii (they were doing it wrong) to even more melodramatic nancy-ing regarding "game-breaking" touch controls and cumbersome button presses (they're doing it wrong, too).

The way that people react to things that are new to them and/or they don't understand makes me sort of sad for humanity.

If a new product doesn't concern me then I won't care. I think the new screen can add some dimension and give developers a chance to add new things to their game.

IrkenInvader
06-09-2012, 06:56 PM

People reacted negatively to change? Say it ain't so.

IrkenInvader
06-09-2012, 06:59 PM
http://chzvideogames.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/hurr-durr-derp-face-derp-nanternder.jpg