PDA

View Full Version : Heath Slater: rasslin when it's dark!

GreatMuta4life
06-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Heath Slater is an object of scorn from most of us, but check him out in the latest Backstage Fallout. I thought he was hilarious! His obviously can cut a promo off the cuff, and management must see something in him to put him in the mania segment with FloRida. So maybe Slater isn't so bad after all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgEzTV9YzfU

p.s. the actual match with Sin Cara was mostly botchless, but Slater is far too slow for a lucha match

Broc
06-04-2012, 01:23 AM
I never disliked Slater to begin with. He's always had a lot of potential in the ring, and obviously has something working for him on the mic. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the mid card title race at all.

Tommy Thunder
06-04-2012, 01:25 AM
I've always thought Slater was actually pretty good. He can go in the ring, and he's also decent on the mic. He's got good potential to be a solid mid card champ, and we've already seen that he's good with tag teams.
I'd almost go as far as to say I'm a fan of Slater.

GreatMuta4life
06-04-2012, 01:28 AM
I never disliked Slater to begin with. He's always had a lot of potential in the ring, and obviously has something working for him on the mic. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the mid card title race at all.

Definitely. Even though Gabriel has the look, I bet Slater ends up being the guy from that team that sticks around longer. Maybe he could be featured in the cruiserweight show, whenever that happens. Mid-card title scene is pretty full right now, tough to imagine him being placed in there anytime soon.

Haruko Haruhara
06-04-2012, 01:35 AM
He has always been in my top 10!

Robstar
06-04-2012, 01:40 AM
Mmmmmmmm....Vickie. :D

Heath Slater was pretty funny here. Superhero Mexican wannabe? Did he mean Mexican superhero wannabe maybe? lol. Flippy-dos lmao

Tommy Thunder
06-04-2012, 02:22 AM
Can't have a Slater thread without.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uIGdDywdx8

GreatMuta4life
06-04-2012, 02:35 AM
Can't have a Slater thread without.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uIGdDywdx8

My ears hate me for listening to that.

It just occurred to me that WWE hasn't saddled Slater with a stereotypical redneck/southern gimmick, despite his accent. Perhaps that's a sign of faith in him from management?

Tommy Thunder
06-04-2012, 02:43 AM
My ears hate me for listening to that. It just occurred to me that WWE hasn't saddled Slater with a stereotypical redneck/southern gimmick, despite his accent. Perhaps that's a sign of faith in him from management?

I think it's a great theme!!

#WHOOOOOOAAAAAA I'M JUST ONE MAAAAAAAAN!!!!#
#WHOOOOOOAAAAAA I'M A ONE MAN BAAAAAAAAND!!!!!#

Well they have saddled him with a loose gimmick of being a southern rockstar. Is that close enough?

GreatMuta4life
06-04-2012, 02:50 AM
I think it's a great theme!!

#WHOOOOOOAAAAAA I'M JUST ONE MAAAAAAAAN!!!!#
#WHOOOOOOAAAAAA I'M A ONE MAN BAAAAAAAAND!!!!!#

Well they have saddled him with a loose gimmick of being a southern rockstar. Is that close enough?

I think his gimmick is more true to him than the normal southern stereotype gimmick, i.e. Jesse and Fetus, Trevor Murdoch, The Godwins.

Slater is more of a modern Freebird character. Maybe he should start dancing like Michael P.S. Hayes!! just kidding

Tommy Thunder
06-04-2012, 02:53 AM
I think his gimmick is more true to him than the normal southern stereotype gimmick, i.e. Jesse and Fetus, Trevor Murdoch, The Godwins.

Slater is more of a modern Freebird character. Maybe he should start dancing like Michael P.S. Hayes!! just kidding

Oh yeah, he's not got the gimmick in top gear so to speak like the ones you mentioned. A modern Freebird is a good way of putting it I'd say.

And please God no lol!

Robstar
06-04-2012, 02:59 AM
If he can't stay up for days on end, snorting coke and drinking Jack, you can never call him a Freebird! Badstreet USA all the way!!!

GreatMuta4life
06-04-2012, 03:00 AM
Oh yeah, he's not got the gimmick in top gear so to speak like the ones you mentioned. A modern Freebird is a good way of putting it I'd say.

And please God no lol!

if Slater could move like that, he'd be a main eventer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY9MjLJMJTo&feature=related

Y2JLionsault
06-04-2012, 06:18 AM
I think he is really underrated and is paying his dues big time. If he sticks around hopefully the higher ups realise not just his potential but his loyalty, they may give him a decent push.

akbar
06-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Heath Slater is an object of scorn from most of us, but check him out in the latest Backstage Fallout. I thought he was hilarious! His obviously can cut a promo off the cuff, and management must see something in him to put him in the mania segment with FloRida. So maybe Slater isn't so bad after all?

p.s. the actual match with Sin Cara was mostly botchless, but Slater is far too slow for a lucha match
Love the sig btw and right nw I'm a fan Slater purely for the fact that he has a gimmick that kind of makes him standout from the rest. Half of the mid card scene is full people with the same personality and generic wrestler gimmick. He has the sort of stand out gimmick that would make him a credible champion unlike Clay and Santino.

ELNIOJR
06-04-2012, 07:36 AM
I've always thought Slater was actually pretty good. He can go in the ring, and he's also decent on the mic. He's got good potential to be a solid mid card champ, and we've already seen that he's good with tag teams.
I'd almost go as far as to say I'm a fan of Slater.

Bro, I have a feeling a lot of people would be afraid to express their feelings toward Heat Slater like you just did :) Never thought he was bad in the ring, he's been improving, dont even think he's bad on the mic. He just has a bad accent, I think.

You're Welcome :)

alexrules01
06-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Oh god, wheres that guy.. irishpatriot or whoever, who said heath slater was the best wrestler ever

Steve Austin
06-04-2012, 09:34 AM
He has minimal talent and should never hold a singles title.

magglis
06-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Oh god, wheres that guy.. irishpatriot or whoever, who said heath slater was the best wrestler ever
Got banned!:p

scribblerking
06-04-2012, 09:59 AM
I agree that Slater is a star on the rise and actually as far as the total package he has more going for him as a jobber right now than most poor slobs like Tyson Kidd, Big Zeke or any number of cannon fodder as of late...he has the look, the potential and the gift of gab to make it and has earned my respect for his jobber abilites...we all know the up-and-comers need to squash and tick off victories against someone and when I see the "one man southern rock band" is out there i find I dont mind so much and he makes others look good winning...you can tell he loves what he is doing unlike some we could mention.

MachoManFan
06-04-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm a Slater Hater! There I said it. While I'm generally indifferent towards his in ring ability I can't stand his gimmick or his stupid girl's hair. When I think Southern rock I'm think ZZ-Top, black Stone Cherry, Seether not Hanson's long lost 4th brother. That said I thought his promo in the vid was good, actually they all were, which just shows how he would benefit from a) a total gimmick change or b) a make over and acting lessons so he comes over as more credible (as he did in the video). Until then, when I see or hear "one man band" I'll automatically think this:

daverende5
06-04-2012, 10:30 AM
I've always liked him, since the beginning of Nexus, dunno why.

When I first saw this vid, lmfao.

Cabers
06-04-2012, 11:30 AM
I did actually laugh out loud when i first saw that video and he is right (i no Sin Cara needs that to see) its Caras damn fault make a mask you can actual see out of! Dumbass!!

K2Jelly
06-04-2012, 12:11 PM
He and Otunga are the future!

GreatMuta4life
06-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Love the sig btw and right nw I'm a fan Slater purely for the fact that he has a gimmick that kind of makes him standout from the rest. Half of the mid card scene is full people with the same personality and generic wrestler gimmick. He has the sort of stand out gimmick that would make him a credible champion unlike Clay and Santino.

Good point, Slater has a gimmick and personality(unlike Gabriel or Zeke for example) but can be taken more seriously than a Clay or Santino. And I loved your song of the week but I actually like the unplugged version sung by Noel even more!

Playboy Stevie V
06-04-2012, 01:32 PM
You know I don't really know about Slater. I have mixed feelings. But someone in upper management, must think something positive about his future. You have other guys who are rarely on Smackdown, RAW or PPVs that I think have better in ring ability than Slater, such as Tyson Kidd. But Slater gets more opportunities and I can't figure out why?

Throwback Smackdown he got to do a segement and match with Jimmy Hart as his manger. He's usually on Smackdown, jobbing, but he's getting national exposer and he even had a cameo at Wrestlemania.

PS GreatMuta4life (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?7991-GreatMuta4life) ....Loving your signature pic. I'll be taking that one behind the bushes...LOL

Robstar
06-04-2012, 03:37 PM
I did actually laugh out loud when i first saw that video and he is right (i no Sin Cara needs that to see) its Caras damn fault make a mask you can actual see out of! Dumbass!!

Ok, now explain to me how having DARK lighting and a mask he can barely see out of evens out somehow? Wouldn't he need BRIGHTER lighting?

OT: I think poor Heath suffers from the unfortunate malady being that his image is pretty easy to ridicule. He needs some sort of crazy hair style, maybe team him with Shannon Moore ;)

CenationRulez1097
06-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Health Slater should team with Gabrial and form a tag team. It should be cool to see them win the tag team gold!!!

K2Jelly
06-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Wow. I didn't think the IWC could be this fickle:

"I use to not like Heath Slater, but this just made me a fan of his now, PLEASE WWE, PUSH HEATH SLATER, give him an opprotunity to face Christian for the IC Championship."