PDA

View Full Version : If I may add my 2 Cents worth?

CricketTragic
06-03-2012, 07:35 PM
I was just reading the Wade Barrett to bring back the European title thread and although I for one am in favour of bringing back the European title, I would love to see a few restructuring plans for WWE.

1. Remove NXT: I know there are a few fans of NXT Redemption but I am not one of them. H ave these guys compete on Superstars and maybe have a NXT title for the best wrestler who has failed to debut on Raw or Smackdown before.

2. No more supershows: Guessing I will cop some heat for this one but i preferred it when you had 1xWorld Championship 1xMidcard title and 1xWorld tag team title per brand. Although this will never happen again as the tag team division is a complete and utter disgrace in WWE. So here is a counter proposal

Keep the WHC and WWE titles.

The Mid Card Titles could look like this

Intercontinental title
US/European title (If indeed the US title was eradicated)
have a new International title

Now with these Midcard tables, They should go back to having that only US wrestlers can win the US title etc because the International Title could be won by anyone but Americans and would serve a great purpose in having homegrown heroes win titles overseas and actually have a title change hands on overseas tours as so far in recent memory this has only happened in England with Regal and Italy with Santino.

These three titles could be won on the two brands but the World Heavyweight title and WWE title be fought on only by members of the respective roster.

One other idea i had is to have three rosters. You have your Raw roster where the members only compete on Raw, same as the Smackdown roster then you have a WWE or NXT or Superstars roster. Doesnt matter what it is called but the premise would be the members on this third roster like Drew McIntrye, Tyson Kidd etc etc would be able to appear on both shows to boost there chances of a push and it would also serve as a reward when a "Superstar" gets on the main Raw or Smackdown rosters.

Thats my 2 Cents worth.

Thoughts?

Moose
06-03-2012, 08:48 PM
1: NXT has effectively been removed if you read reports on whats going on the new NXT is basically going to be a ramped up FCW which is a good thing.

2: That was good and it worked at the time with that roster but truth be told they just don't have the talent to pull that off anymore. The US/ Euro tittle idea you have is interesting but though the 'E travels A LOT it doesn't travel enough to warrant such a system titles would barely be defended and feuds wouldn't exist.

CricketTragic
06-03-2012, 09:03 PM
1: NXT has effectively been removed if you read reports on whats going on the new NXT is basically going to be a ramped up FCW which is a good thing.

2: That was good and it worked at the time with that roster but truth be told they just don't have the talent to pull that off anymore. The US/ Euro tittle idea you have is interesting but though the 'E travels A LOT it doesn't travel enough to warrant such a system titles would barely be defended and feuds wouldn't exist.

You could build a fued before the tour and therefore there is some substance there, and some of the countries WWE visits there are no talents from that country I.E. Australia, New Zealand France etc. so those place could be used to for building fueds

Kaisered
06-03-2012, 09:09 PM
You lost me at getting rid of NXT. I'm guessing you don't watch the show at all like never right??? NXT puts on some of the best matches every week and yes almost all of the matches are netter than those of raw and smackdown. I understand that the concept of nxt is awful but the storylines actually make sense and there are no boring matches showcased there. Just saying!!!

CricketTragic
06-03-2012, 09:41 PM
You lost me at getting rid of NXT. I'm guessing you don't watch the show at all like never right??? NXT puts on some of the best matches every week and yes almost all of the matches are netter than those of raw and smackdown. I understand that the concept of nxt is awful but the storylines actually make sense and there are no boring matches showcased there. Just saying!!!

I'm not bagging NXT or saying its a terrible show because it's not. Thats why i suggested they do some sort of merger with Superstars because the matches are great on NXT, there is just no logic involved

blink
06-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Now correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't an international title be the same thing intercontinental? But in the same token I guess a world championship falls under the same category. There's too many titles as is. But if you wanted to bring the European championship I think the championship hiarchy would look a little something like this.

1. Wwe, whc, tag
2. Intercontinental, tag
3. U.s., euro
4. Divas ( sorry ladies but in this company you know it's true.)

CricketTragic
06-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Now correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't an international title be the same thing intercontinental? But in the same token I guess a world championship falls under the same category. There's too many titles as is. But if you wanted to bring the European championship I think the championship hiarchy would look a little something like this.

1. Wwe, whc, tag
2. Intercontinental, tag
3. U.s., euro

When first brought in the Intercontinental title was a title for all the Americas, North and South so in theory no. In reality its probably like that just like the US title is

blink
06-04-2012, 01:29 AM
When first brought in the Intercontinental title was a title for all the Americas, North and South so in theory no. In reality its probably like that just like the US title is

That may be true but when I think intercontinental I think of more than two of them. Hell I even count Antarctica. In fact I believe more than just north and south America is featured on the belt itself

CricketTragic
06-04-2012, 04:22 AM
That may be true but when I think intercontinental I think of more than two of them. Hell I even count Antarctica. In fact I believe more than just north and south America is featured on the belt itself

The whole globe is on it. I got the pre White belt title at home. Just like all the other midcard belts, the name of the title means nothing

Cabers
06-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Yea NXt is now basically FCW which i think is awesome!!

And yes they should bring back the brand split.

Jerichoholic-NL
06-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Every time i see something about a new title or getting an old title back, i always say...

Where do you find enough wrestlers on the current WWE roster to make that happen?

Keith Stone
06-04-2012, 11:41 PM

1. Wwe, whc, tag
2. Intercontinental, tag
3. U.s., euro

As far as 4 it's time to end that travesty to women's wrestling it's hasn't been on RAW for a month and nobody's complained about it being missing lol

Honestly I miss when the IC and US titles was for the big stars that weren't in the WWE/WCW title scene. When Big Stars didn't have a program with the WWE/WCW champion they would compete for the IC/US title. stars faced other stars and occasionally faced an up and coming wrestlers.(think Dusty Rhodes vs Stunning Steve Austin for the US title) That's why so many guys are in the Hall of fame without ever winning a World title because the IC and US titles use to be big deals