PDA

View Full Version : Wade Barrett and the European title.

URATOOL
06-03-2012, 04:57 PM
There has been much said of the future greatness of the bent nosed bruiser and his 'destiny' to become a main eventer. I hope upon his return they push him hard and up his heelness. Get him back to the level he was back in the Nexus days.

One thing I would love to have him do is win the US title and then swap it for the European title. There has been rumours of the US title disappearing or merging for a while now and a few comedy reigns have not helped it plight. So have Wade win it and on the next RAW bin it and unveil a new European title. Now that would get huge heat from the American audience. They could even get around to forming a new Euro-stable.

K2Jelly
06-03-2012, 05:06 PM
So I see you just got WWE '12 today...

Anyways, I don't think it would make a whole lot of sense for Barrett, to do something like that, if you want to see him at the top. We've already seen him in the mid card division and as the leader of a NWO-esque stable. Doing it again, even for heat, would seem like two steps back for him. I'd much rather see him in the hunt for a world title.

Tommy Thunder
06-03-2012, 05:10 PM
I like this idea.

Although as K2 said, it could be seen as a step back to mid card for him, it's a nice idea. I tend to agree that it is indeed a step back for Barrett at this point though.

Perhaps applying the same idea to Drew McIntyre would be a better idea?

tchocky360
06-03-2012, 05:13 PM
I like this idea.

Although as K2 said, it could be seen as a step back to mid card for him, it's a nice idea. I tend to agree that it is indeed a step back for Barrett at this point though.

Perhaps applying the same idea to Drew McIntyre would be a better idea?

Or even Mason Ryan. He's gotta be given something at some stage.

It's an interesting idea and one I'd be happy to see, never really liked the US title.

The Hit Man
06-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Yeah it would be a good idea for another European star such McIntyre or Cesaro.

URATOOL
06-03-2012, 05:18 PM
I don't see it as a step backwards. I see it as he's never fully risen above the mid card (belt wise). Has been out injured for a while and upon his return let him take the title off of Santino. Have him do it with no build up. Just return at a PPV and beat the crap out of Santino. Trash it the next RAW and launch a new European one. Then a have him go for the WWE title whilst he's the European champion and then have him switch that spinner piece of crap for a decent belt when he wins that one.

So he returns at a PPV. Wins a title immediately (and easily) and then a couple of PPVs later takes the WWE title. How is that a step backward?

AWrestlingGod
06-03-2012, 05:19 PM
IT would be awesome if Wade Barrett brought back the european title, and came out and said that europeans are the toughest people in the world, and that he is tougher than the toughest european (bringing up his bare knuckle background) and says that he is bringing back the brawl for all tournament to prove that he is the toughest wrestler in the WWE.

I would want it to come down to Antonio Cesaro, William Regal, Wade Barrett, and like a Kassius OHno

Tommy Thunder
06-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Or even Mason Ryan. He's gotta be given something at some stage.

It's an interesting idea and one I'd be happy to see, never really liked the US title.

Depending on how good Ryan is on the mic by now, this could also be done with him for sure.

Yeah it would be a good idea for another European star such McIntyre or Cesaro.

Caesaro is another good example where this idea would work wonders. Although, I honestly think that McIntyre is the one who deserves it more, given that he's been in WWE longer and has been severely underused for a while now. This would be perfect to give him that boost he needs to get back into the reckoning.

K2Jelly
06-03-2012, 05:21 PM
I don't see it as a step backwards. I see it as he's never fully risen about the mid card (belt wise). Has been out injured for a while and upon his return let him take the title off of Santino. Have him do it with no build up. Just return at a PPV and beat the crap out of Santino. Trash it the next RAW and launch a new European one. Then a have him go for the WWE title whilst he's the European champion and then have him switch that spinner piece of crap for a decent belt when he wins that one.

So he returns at a PPV. Wins a title immediately (and easily) and then a couple of PPVs later takes the WWE title. How is that a step backward?

You never included winning a world title in the OP.

If that was included as a part of your plan, then I'd be on board with that idea. Barrett was feuding with Orton before he got injured so him winning a mid card belt, even for the sake of a storyline, seemed like a step backwards.

Keith Stone
06-03-2012, 07:23 PM
The European title would quickly overshadow the WWE title in it's Vagazilled state. They should bring back the title since alot of their roster is not from the United States

They should have Wade come back with the title in hand and acknowledge that the European belt is the only one worth wrestling for and constantly bury the WWE title and it's champion (probably CM Punk) sets up a big match at Summerslam. Wade wins the WWE title and then publically dumps it in the trash the next night on RAW

Sahu
06-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Keith that's a good Idea..he can bring European Championship and cut a promo how Europeans have dominated the WORLD n E.Championship is more valuable than World Championship...and let him feud with Punk n win the World Title....

Viperfish
06-03-2012, 11:09 PM
I like this idea, for two reasons... #1, it establishes Wade as a patriot of a country other than the US, and that's always been a powerful thing in wrestling as a foil to the American "hero". We haven't had that kind of a feud in a long time, and the top guy in the company happens to be a very big US patriot so it's a very easy feud to book if Wade is built that way.

#2, can you imagine the drawing potential of a heel Barrett vs a face Regal for the European Championship in a PPV hosted in the United Kingdom? I don't think the UK has had a PPV hosted there in a long time unless I'm forgetting a recent one so that alone I think is a good drive for people to attend but to have that kind of a match on the card would put it through the roof I think. They'd have to build Regal up to it in a Rocky Balboa-like manner, old man who needs to prove to the world that he's still got it against a young man in his prime with all the tools in his belt. If he were retiring soon it would be the last championship he would challenge for, and how fitting that it would be for the European Championship in his home country. Regal wins, and he retires the belt for the very last time right in the UK along with retiring as a wrestler.

Cabers
06-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Thats a very cool idea (i am a little biased as i always prefered the european championship) the US championship has always been looked on as a WCW product and Vinny doesn't like that it wasn't his idea.

CenationRulez1097
06-04-2012, 05:41 PM
When Wade Barret returns he should have the European title around his waste. He should cut a promo saying that he is the best and does not deserve to be treated this way in the Wwe. He nearly leaves the ring when Sheamus music hits and the lobster head comes out and attacks Barret. He says he is not the only European around hear. Then a match up is set up between the two for the European title. Barret wins with a cheap shot. This would lead to them vsing at let's say Summerslam setting up the rivalry. That's how I would book it if I was in the Wwe.