PDA

View Full Version : When are you going to get rid of John Cena's stupid spinner belt

sxe_savior
06-03-2012, 04:26 PM
The words from a kid at wizard world asking Cm Punk a question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_155030&feature=iv&src_vid=AG67MGVh2-s&v=Jw3qbS4l59o#t=33m5s

The crowd reaction was awesome and nobody expected it from a kid and neither did I btw this just happened yesterday I believe
Punk also said there is a new title coming and he has seen it and it will debut sooner than you think and it is 20 pounds heavier
What do you guys think of this? Is it going to be like with the Ice cream or will we indeed get a new title belt

thedag
06-03-2012, 04:28 PM
another belt thread. WWE made a newe belt when the tag belts were made. they just haven't used it yet cause the cena one sells,

The Hit Man
06-03-2012, 04:28 PM
They should have replaced the spinner belt when Orton won it in 2007. It's a gimmick belt and it has only suited Cena.

sxe_savior
06-03-2012, 04:30 PM
another belt thread. WWE made a newe belt when the tag belts were made. they just haven't used it yet cause the cena one sells,

Well Cm Punk did say that it was just made but you can believe what you want

bearkg88
06-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Interesting. While I'm not against the current design of the WWE belt, it would be cool to see a new version debuted. Maybe it'll happen when the title changes hands. Hmm

sxe_savior
06-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Interesting. While I'm not against the current design of the WWE belt, it would be cool to see a new version debuted. Maybe it'll happen when the title changes hands. Hmm

He did hint at Brock Lesnar from what I heard

wrestlingfan66513
06-03-2012, 04:46 PM
They should have replaced the spinner belt when Orton won it in 2007. It's a gimmick belt and it has only suited Cena.

and the Miz when he turned it upside down

URATOOL
06-03-2012, 04:46 PM
The words from a kid at wizard world asking Cm Punk a question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_155030&feature=iv&src_vid=AG67MGVh2-s&v=Jw3qbS4l59o#t=33m5s

The crowd reaction was awesome and nobody expected it from a kid and neither did I btw this just happened yesterday I believe
Punk also said there is a new title coming and he has seen it and it will debut sooner than you think and it is 20 pounds heavier
What do you guys think of this? Is it going to be like with the Ice cream or will we indeed get a new title belt

Ok the bit that made my bullshit alarm go off was the bit in bold. 20 pounds heavier! The thing probably weighs about 10-15lbs now. Why on Earth would they ever make a belt that weighs 30lbs+?? Wearing it would be stupidly uncomfortable and totally unnecessary.

bearkg88
06-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Ok the bit that made my bullshit alarm go off was the bit in bold. 20 pounds heavier! The thing probably weighs about 10-15lbs now. Why on Earth would they ever make a belt that weighs 30lbs+?? Wearing it would be stupidly uncomfortable and totally unnecessary.

Hey, Tool, congrats on reaching The Trinity status!

Dillon
I don't see them changing it any time soon sadly.
When they don't even use the title as the main event match,
I wouldn't see a small thing like title design bothering them.
That and why not keep Cena's title, they act like he's the champ constantly regardless.

Playboy Stevie V
I don't like the spinner belt. I think it is ridiculous and was made for Cena. It makes as much sense as keeping the smoking skull belt in circulation even after we know it was made for Steve Austin.

I'm a traditionalist and like traditional looking belts, but with that being said until kids stop buying spinner belts, then the spinner belt is staying.

A new belt? I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe it will be a CM Punk spinner belt, like Edge's Rated R spinner belt.

Robstar
06-03-2012, 04:50 PM
They should buy the ludicrous Jeff Hardy belt from TNA lol

Moose
06-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Honestly I don't think they will change the belt until Cena wins it back in terms of an explanation promo its the easiest way to explain a sudden change. They had a chance when Punk made his list of demands they should've done it then. :\

SESAfro
06-03-2012, 05:47 PM
I honestly don't care about the intent of the thread since we all have said it many times. I love that the question was asked by a little 10 year-old. xD

K2Jelly
06-03-2012, 05:54 PM
I honestly don't care about the intent of the thread since we all have said it many times. I love that the question was asked by a little 10 year-old. xD

Same here but I have a feeling that an AE mark, behind him, bullied him into asking that question. :p

Tommy Thunder
06-03-2012, 06:02 PM
I think it is time for a new design. The current one is not good, but I'm not as against it as some are.

The best time they could have changed it was when Punk won it last summer (missed opportunity).
If Lesnar wins it (don't see it happening, but who knows) then that could be a good chance to change it.
If what The Rock said comes true and he wins the WWE title (again unlikely, but you never know), then that would be another good chance to introduce a new design.

I agree with Tool though on the issue of it being 20lbs heavier. That's a pretty heavy belt!

Haruko Haruhara
06-03-2012, 06:08 PM
the words from a kid at wizard world asking cm punk a question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_155030&feature=iv&src_vid=ag67mgvh2-s&v=jw3qbs4l59o#t=33m5s

the crowd reaction was awesome and nobody expected it from a kid and neither did i btw this just happened yesterday i believe
punk also said there is a new title coming and he has seen it and it will debut sooner than you think and it is 20 pounds heavier
what do you guys think of this? Is it going to be like with the ice cream or will we indeed get a new title belt

holy shit another belt thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Haruko Haruhara
06-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Also I think if they change it, it will happen on punks one year as champion.

sxe_savior
06-03-2012, 06:14 PM
holy shit another belt thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Come on I rarely post here

SESAfro
06-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Lol. Don't worry man, it's not in any way toward you.

Haruko Haruhara
06-03-2012, 06:57 PM

It's not. Its just my response to all title threads :D

sxe_savior
06-03-2012, 07:07 PM
It's not. Its just my response to all title threads :D

This proves I don't post here a lot lol

clrj3514
06-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I have a feeling the "20 pounds heavier" was just sarcasm. Maybe it'll debut on the 1000th RAW.

Viperfish
06-03-2012, 11:35 PM
It can't be 20 pounds heavier, the spinner belt is reputedly double the weight of the belt that it replaced. If I had to pin a specific number to it, 21 pounds for some reason comes to mind. I may have heard it in an interview or I may have that number in my head for a different reason altogether but assuming its 21 pounds, a 41 pound belt would be ridiculous.

I posted this in another thread but a lot of things have to happen for a smooth belt design change. Here's two that I can name, and there's probably more that I'm not thinking of. #1, toy manufacturers have to be comfortable with the switch... meaning they need to be in a position where their current stuff is mostly sold off and they're ready to make new stuff. I recall someone that had the exclusive rights to Justin Bieber's image for dolls was very pissed off that he changed his hairstyle right after the manufacturing process began where these dolls were to be in the stores for the holiday season and they would all consequently be out of date the moment they were released.

#2, you want to minimize as many changes as possible around the release of a WWE video game. How fucking awful would it be to change the title belt as soon as it would be impossible for Yukes/THQ to have it changed for the game? The game would ship with the outdated belt. I recall that this almost happened with WWE '12 and CM Punk's new entrance/music, I recall that it was a last minute change that they pushed for. WWE '12 with Punk's old entrance and music would suck.

These kinds of things all have to click together. Sometimes all of these things do click together but they don't have the right superstar for the switch and they have to wait it out.

bearkg88
06-03-2012, 11:38 PM
It can't be 20 pounds heavier, the spinner belt is reputedly double the weight of the belt that it replaced. If I had to pin a specific number to it, 21 pounds for some reason comes to mind. I may have heard it in an interview or I may have that number in my head for a different reason altogether but assuming its 21 pounds, a 41 pound belt would be ridiculous.

I posted this in another thread but a lot of things have to happen for a smooth belt design change. Here's two that I can name, and there's probably more that I'm not thinking of. #1, toy manufacturers have to be comfortable with the switch... meaning they need to be in a position where their current stuff is mostly sold off and they're ready to make new stuff. I recall someone that had the exclusive rights to Justin Bieber's image for dolls was very pissed off that he changed his hairstyle right after the manufacturing process began where these dolls were to be in the stores for the holiday season and they would all consequently be out of date the moment they were released.

#2, you want to minimize as many changes as possible around the release of a WWE video game. How fucking awful would it be to change the title belt as soon as it would be impossible for Yukes/THQ to have it changed for the game? The game would ship with the outdated belt. I recall that this almost happened with WWE '12 and CM Punk's new entrance/music, I recall that it was a last minute change that they pushed for. WWE '12 with Punk's old entrance and music would suck.

Granted I don't know much about what is involved with developing a video game, but since the game doesn't come out till Oct, I would say if the new belt debut by the end of July, that should give the developers enough time to make the change. Plus if the E had plans to change them, don't you think they would tell the developers ahead of time and show them the design?

I do get your point in regards to #1

Viperfish
06-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Granted I don't know much about what is involved with developing a video game, but since the game doesn't come out till Oct, I would say if the new belt debut by the end of July, that should give the developers enough time to make the change. Plus if the E had plans to change them, don't you think they would tell the developers ahead of time and show them the design?

I do get your point in regards to #1

I'm not sure how long the manufacturing process takes for a game. I've heard somewhere around the ballpark of 3 months... and this comes from dev studios trying to defend themselves with the concept of day 1 DLC. They say that they're finished the game, so during the time between the game being done and the actual release of the game they claim to be working on DLC for the game and that's why there's day 1 DLC available for some games. I don't buy it personally but assuming that it's actually true, you're looking at July/August for a completed game for an October release. This is all speculation rationalized from what dev studios have said so take that for what it's worth. I myself have lied outright to gamers to protect a company image(I used to work for a free to play game publishing company) so I definitely wouldn't put that past them.

Yeah the WWE could inform THQ of the upcoming changes but with the amount of stuff that gets leaked to the internet I wouldn't doubt that they're incredibly cautious with stuff like that... and of course WWE would have to commit once they do something like that.

thedag
06-03-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm not sure how long the manufacturing process takes for a game. I've heard somewhere around the ballpark of 3 months... and this comes from dev studios trying to defend themselves with the concept of day 1 DLC. They say that they're finished the game, so during the time between the game being done and the actual release of the game they claim to be working on DLC for the game and that's why there's day 1 DLC available for some games. I don't buy it personally but assuming that it's actually true, you're looking at July/August for a completed game for an October release. This is all speculation rationalized from what dev studios have said so take that for what it's worth. I myself have lied outright to gamers to protect a company image(I used to work for a free to play game publishing company) so I definitely wouldn't put that past them.

Yeah the WWE could inform THQ of the upcoming changes but with the amount of stuff that gets leaked to the internet I wouldn't doubt that they're incredibly cautious with stuff like that... and of course WWE would have to commit once they do something like that.

they can make the belt a DL.

thedag
06-04-2012, 12:15 AM
i think the spinning belt could be light. it might be hollow on the plate part.

Viperfish
06-04-2012, 12:33 AM
they can make the belt a DL.

Not everyone goes online with their consoles. It's a bandaid fix at best... better than nothing, but not ideal.

peppermill25
06-04-2012, 01:16 AM
I hope they bring back the winged eagle!!

Lucas Chapel
06-04-2012, 06:49 AM

Personally if WWE were to bring back any former designs for the WWE championship, I'd like to see them either brng back the Sammartino era design or the Andre The Giant design.

The WWE championship looks like an embarrassing childrens' toy at the moment.

Steve Austin
06-04-2012, 09:46 AM
About.Damn.Time

magglis
06-04-2012, 11:10 AM
About.Damn.Time
I love that belt!

Cabers
06-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Could be another ice cream bar episode all talk and no show.