PDA

View Full Version : WWE NXT Stable Thread

bellywolves
08-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Discuss the Nexus stable, views, thoughts etc...

i.e. Where you think it will go?. Is there a leader of Nexus?.

RKOViper
08-12-2010, 03:36 AM
At the moment the obvious leader is Wade Barrett. But the Nexus says there is a purpose to what they have done each time.

Maybe some outsider, or even insider who has something to prove is getting them to do it (by storyline obviously), which could be revealed after SummerSlam. E.g. Triple H returning as a heel, unshaven, with a suit (I hope)

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 04:39 AM
I agree, i think there is someone else behind nexus. and my money is on Triple H or Cena.

Mr World
08-12-2010, 05:17 AM
Miz might b behind Nexux.... as he is now joining Team WWE to face Nexus in Summerslam in place of khali so xpect Miz to turn the tables on Team WWE and help Nexus win the match and b Revealed as their leader....

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 05:32 AM
hmm, never even gave any though to that. good thinking. and then he might also cash in the contract and become wwe champion or be stopped by the rest of team wwe. could be an interesting story line.

DamonIvey
08-12-2010, 06:06 AM
I do like that idea with the Miz but I do not see it happening. I think that Triple H will be the leader of the Nexus. Also, how long do we think this storyline will on for? I could see them ending it at the end of the year, maybe Survivor Series like they did during the Invasion angle of 2001. They could maybe stretch it to Wrestlemania depending on how well the storyline is doing.

Tommy Thunder
08-12-2010, 06:08 AM
I still think it's Michael Cole, the guy has enough heat on him already, so he would be a good fit (and it would be a chance for JR to fill in for him while Cole is away from the table, or even Josh Mathews could fill in as he hates Cole as we can see from their commentary in NXT). Also, Cole insists on saying "and I quote" before every e-mail, so i think he's trying to fool us into thinking it's not him!!! Just my opinion though!!

I also hope that the new member of team WWE at Summerslam will be HBK (obviously for a one night only thing), or Bryan Danielson, that would be epic!!

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 06:11 AM
i dont see any of those things happening, except for michael cole being the GM.

The Watcher
08-12-2010, 06:21 AM
I'd love for Michael Cole to be behind the whole Nexus thing AND for him to be the GM. Smarks hate him anyway so why not use that?

For what its worth though I'm pretty sure HHH will be behind Nexus, I think they're stretching it on a little too long for it to be a guy thats actually fit and currently wrestling.

RKOViper
08-12-2010, 06:50 AM
I would hate it if Michael Cole was the GM or the 'leader' of the Nexus!! The only time I liked it when an announcer was involved in a storyline is when Coach turned heel at SummerSlam when he smacked Shane McMahon in the back for Bischoff.

If Triple H returns as the leader, then he would have to do something with Sheamus seeing as he is the one who 'put him out'. But I don't like Triple H getting all the glory with everything.

The Watcher
08-12-2010, 06:51 AM
Nope, neither do I. But when you're the son-in-law of the owner you're gonna be in everything whether the fans want it or not.

Revelationx
08-12-2010, 06:54 AM
I also hope that Michael Cole isn't the GM of raw. I feel its kind of obvious that Triple H would become the leader of Nexus at Summerslam, but it would be cool because the Nexus as the rookies, would have a veteran leading the way for them to take over Raw. The storyline brings something new to WWE and I like it :)

People also think that Cena would turn heel and become the leader for Nexus, but no matter how much I'd love that, WWE wouldn't make their poster boy heel and if I'm wrong about that, WWE would shock me!

jsupe
08-12-2010, 06:55 AM
i love the idea of hhh being behind it all

RKOViper
08-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Nope, neither do I. But when you're the son-in-law of the owner you're gonna be in everything whether the fans want it or not.

I think a lot of people feel that way, not just us and a few others! Even most wrestlers.

I love the idea of turning Cena heel though, and putting the WWE in 'danger', and then maybe it is a storyline that could possibly go all the way to Wrestlemania!

The storyline needs to go on longer, shouldn't die at SummerSlam, otherwise Wade Barrett won't be built up to be such a good main eventer.

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 07:37 AM
i would LOVE to see cena turn heel, and see how that works out. it would be the biggest turn since hogan.

hartfan1k
08-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Bret hart.

Necroyeti
08-12-2010, 08:44 AM
I also hope that the new member of team WWE at Summerslam will be [....] Bryan Danielson, that would be epic!!

Wishful thinking, I'd love it if Bryan Danielson is the 7th member of Team WWE.... the Miz would finally decide that "he's in" backstage at Summerslam, only for Cena to say he's found a better candidate and brings in Bryan Danielson.... Thus leading up to the old mentor vs rookie feud again, letting Miz drop his US title so he can cash in MITB.

Again, wishful thinking.... In reality, I think he's booked for some indy shows soon.

george
08-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Wow, I hadn't even considered a situation like that Necro. That's awesome.

I think at Summerslam Morrison is going to turn on Team WWE and join Nexus. I think it'll be a great fit. There seems to be signs of a heel turn anyway... His squabbles with R-Truth, the growth of a beard (think CM Punk heel turn).

From there, I think Nexus needs to get some titles. The tag belts should be on two of them (I think Young and Gabriel would be cool). They should get the US belt too. I think if Morrison joined he'd be good with the US belt, taking it from Miz and then feuding with R-Truth with it.

I don't foresee HHH being a member, let alone the leader, of Nexus. I do think he'll return at SS, but I think it's going to be to go after Sheamus. I'm not sure how he'll factor into Nexus at all though, because obviously someone that big needs to be playing some role... Although, Orton's not playing much of a role against Nexus either.

Going back to the titles situation... I think Nexus needs to be about opportunity. Joining needs to mean more than just not getting jumped by them. It needs to mean that now you've got a legitimate shot at doing something with your career.

I also think Nexus is here to stay for a little while. They've made wristbands and t-shirts and have sold tons of them... You really think they're gonna just squash the angle by the end of this year? I think we're likely to see this riding all the way to Wrestlemania. I really hope so, anyway.

Bodom
08-12-2010, 10:18 AM
i dont see any of those things happening, except for michael cole being the GM.

I've been saying this for awhile. Cole really showed me something when he had the in ring exchange with Danielson. IMO that was his best work ever and I really thought he could do well has a Heel on-screen character

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 10:26 AM
yes, cole is definitely a natural heel

george
08-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Absolutely, I think Cole will end up being somewhere behind Nexus. I wish it would've happened sooner though. It should've happened the night after the attack and Danielson was let go.

Qwerty
08-12-2010, 10:44 AM
I really hope there is no leader. Barrett can continue being the mouthpiece since he's easily the best on the mic. Them having a leader really takes away from the "all for one" mentality. I also hope no one is behind them, because no matter who does it will overshadow these guys.

Bodom
08-12-2010, 10:45 AM
yes, cole is definitely a natural heel

It also helps that he's legit hated by the IWC ;)

Bodom
08-12-2010, 10:46 AM
I really hope there is no leader. Barrett can continue being the mouthpiece since he's easily the best on the mic. Them having a leader really takes away from the "all for one" mentality. I also hope no one is behind them, because no matter who does it will overshadow these guys.

Excellent point although I expect the Anonymous GM to be in cahoots with them

bellywolves
08-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Excellent point although I expect the Anonymous GM to be in cahoots with them

Yeah I get the feeling that there is no high power/leader of the nexus. Yet the GM is on the same page as them.

The Artist
08-12-2010, 05:35 PM
wat if Sheamus was the leader of Nexus and HHH returned to help Team WWE get even with Nexus whilst HHH took care of Sheamus in the process.. highly unlikely but would be good t.v

bellywolves
08-12-2010, 06:43 PM
wat if Sheamus was the leader of Nexus and HHH returned to help Team WWE get even with Nexus whilst HHH took care of Sheamus in the process.. highly unlikely but would be good t.v

I wouldn't write that idea off quickly, knowing the WWE it could end up like that involving HHH.

Robstar
08-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Members like Gabriel and Slater are not natural heels, eventually the WWE will find some way to disband them. My money is on HHH as well, maybe they'll include Steph even, but I think Barrett can do the job. Problem is, if HHH returns as a heel, the face/heel ratio is way out of balance, assuming all of Nexus remain heels. Where will the induvidual members of Nexus, not to mention NXT season 2 end up though?

Bodom
08-13-2010, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't write that idea off quickly, knowing the WWE it could end up like that involving HHH.

The logical thing is that not happening and with most of these stories you need to turn your brain off

Bodom
08-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Members like Gabriel and Slater are not natural heels, eventually the WWE will find some way to disband them. My money is on HHH as well, maybe they'll include Steph even, but I think Barrett can do the job. Problem is, if HHH returns as a heel, the face/heel ratio is way out of balance, assuming all of Nexus remain heels. Where will the induvidual members of Nexus, not to mention NXT season 2 end up though?

Gabriel will probably end up on Smackdown and Slater I expect to FE'd

SgtGohan
08-13-2010, 09:49 AM
what if season 2 ended up on smackdown and feuded with nexus.

Bodom
08-13-2010, 10:04 AM
I expect the season 2 guys to go to Smackdown, but feud with Nexus? Meh

Jackyboy M
08-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Wouldn't it be great if Bryan Danielson was the 7th man on team Raw?

SgtGohan
08-14-2010, 10:25 AM
dont see it happening though.

eyehatecena
08-15-2010, 11:39 PM
But it happened- I would have never guessed it though.

SgtGohan
08-16-2010, 10:34 AM
yep it did happen, he's back! glad i was wrong this time.

Bodom
08-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Wouldn't it be great if Bryan Danielson was the 7th man on team Raw?

It was Amazing. I marked the fuck out

SgtGohan
08-16-2010, 04:11 PM
same here lol

the_captain
08-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Absolutely. I was actually mindblown by something WWE did. They've done a pretty good job of keeping angles secret lately. I mean, aside from that story on WWE.com before he even came out. But whatever, I don't read WWE.com when I'm watching the show.

SgtGohan
08-18-2010, 10:53 AM
and there goes watson:D to bad for harris though hope he gets in the wwe anyway. and a nice promo from rhodes

Bodom
08-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Husky is so ready for the main roster. I see him going to Smackdown when this season is over.

Percy's eliminated! Oh Yeah!! *spirit fingers*

SgtGohan
08-18-2010, 12:17 PM
glad he is eliminated cant stand that guy

Bodom
08-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Im already ashamed of being from the same area as him

AGEOFFALL
08-18-2010, 08:06 PM
i have no idea the nexus will regain the lost momentum it had before summerlsam. maybe so gold at night of champions?

Bodom
08-19-2010, 09:42 AM
It's going to take something bring them back. Titles would do some good, but they need more.

AGEOFFALL
08-19-2010, 01:16 PM
So Triple H as the leader then.

Robstar
08-20-2010, 06:46 PM
So Young and Sheffield are out of the picture so I am not holding out much hope for Vinny Mac continuing to let anyone else be interested in this storyline, since he's not going to be. It will fall apart and fade into the distance soon

chaos75
08-20-2010, 07:20 PM
I would like to see the Nexus split and some of the wrestlers go on smackdown, except for darren young, just get him out of the whole wwe

SilverGhost
08-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Nexus is falling apart fast with Young out and Sheffield injured. Nexus needs more guys to do more damage if they want an impact.

AGEOFFALL
08-21-2010, 03:22 PM
they should recruit some season 2 nxt rookies. i think it could work. Titius O'Neil was eliminated within 1 month after nxt2 started so he was never really established as a heel or face. Eli Cottonwood left after attacking several people. Lucky Cannon stated that this was not the last time they had seen him. husky harris is a natural heel. And if Alex Riley doesn't win or become the Miz's sidekick he could join as well.

DirtySteal
08-21-2010, 05:34 PM
When Husky was dropped from Season 2 of NXT I was dissapointed. He is one of the very few superstars I actually mark out to. I just love his character, he reminds me of a cocky arogant bully, picking on everyone and sugesting he's the best.

When he was eliminated I thought he could join the Nexus and replace Darren Young but now i've thought about it a bit more, I think that would just take away his character. The Nexus are about working together for this higher purpose, I really cant see his character doing that. Eli Cottonwood I could see on the Nexus (however I hope not) but Husky is ready for the spotlight I think.

Anyway, back on Topic

I enjoy the Nexus story and hope it doesnt suffer from the two losses. Creative better pick the ball up quickly on this one.

tomo8392
08-21-2010, 07:36 PM
i believe to make the stable more believeable they need to get a title round there waists (tag team hopefully) but not barrett yet otunga and gabriel

also i think they may bring in some new people from NXT2 to fill the gaps of bryan, Skip, and darren i would like to see cottonwood there or maybe mr perfects son i forget his name :)

AGEOFFALL
08-22-2010, 03:31 AM
If they go after tag team gold i think the best combination would be Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-23-2010, 06:29 PM
I'd be surprised if Eli Cottenwood got called up for Nexus, he does have height but thats really all he has, he tries to look deranged but for me he fails to pull it off, he is just a big skinny guy, his body also isn't anywhere near the standard I'd expect of a Pro Wrestler at a local gym nevermind the WWE, his arms are very very undefined

Warmachine
08-23-2010, 06:43 PM
the nexus storyline isnt as intense for me as it was before they lost at summerslam, they were dominant and they had that feeling as if they can do anything to any superstar on the raw roster, the loss at summerslam just mean they can be beat and after they got rid of one of their own even if its darren young, it could be the start of the breakdown opf their crew...
so maybe the nexus as of summerslam is slowly staring to diminish it wont be fast but evenutally wade's thinking would lead the group to see differently and one by one the nexus will be gone until wade is the only person taking in revenge from superstars who were victims and the past nexus memebers....

AGEOFFALL
08-23-2010, 11:25 PM
The Raw GM lifted the ban that stated that the Nexus couldn't compete for titles. So maybe the Nexus will get a chance to fight the tag team champions. I don't see the Nexus dissolving away, i just see them as staying together as one.

Guybrush_Threepwood
08-24-2010, 12:25 AM
I think all the season two rookies will join nexus (apart from eli cottonwood and titus o neil) and be the smackdown version and wade barrett will move over to smackdown to be their leader. leaving the other six on raw to be led by the miz or heel micheal cole AKA the GM.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-24-2010, 09:06 AM
I think the original Nexus would lose all credibility of that happened to be honest mate, if you look at the original eight Nexus guys, Danielson is gone from it, Barrett would be from it, the two most credible guys, they have eliminated Young from it and now Skip Sheffield is a goner due to injury, that would leave them with four guys, one of them being the very useless David Otunga and as good as Tarver is on the stick he has not looked anywhere near credible in the ring.

I do think it would be good to shave Nexus down to four guys from NXT1 though and bring in another three/four guys from NXT2

Husky Harris, Kaval and Alex Riley

AGEOFFALL
08-24-2010, 10:56 PM
the Nexus is slowly fading away.

eyehatecena
08-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Out of all of them I see Barrett and Gabriel getting into some title contintion...maybe even Slater. I know Barrett is in Night of Champions for the WWE title- but since its not one on one it does not count. If the other guys stick around in Nexus- just let them be backup/bodyguards or whatnot. Sheffield is the better of the 3 left that I did not mention, Tarver looks tough and is decent on the mic- but Otunga? get rid of him. To keep Nexus around I have to agree with:
WFâ„¢ - Original Member!

I do think it would be good to shave Nexus down to four guys from NXT1 though and bring in another three/four guys from NXT2

Husky Harris, Kaval and Alex Riley

But I would say Henning instead of Kaval

SgtGohan
08-25-2010, 01:00 PM
my perfect nexus from nxt1 and 2 combined would be (not including danielson) : barett, sheffield, tarver, hennig, riley, harris.

AGEOFFALL
08-25-2010, 10:10 PM
bye bye Nexus...

DirtySteal
08-31-2010, 08:20 AM
If Triple H returns as the leader, then he would have to do something with Sheamus seeing as he is the one who 'put him out'. But I don't like Triple H getting all the glory with everything.

I pray Haitch isnt behind the Nexus, nore is he the saviour that comes to WWE's aid in the fight with Nexus. I'd prefer him to come back, settle the rivalry with Sheamus (If he must...) and then move on out of the WWE Championship picture.

As for GM, I liked the idea of Cole being the GM, he needs to be turned into a full time heel now, not just when Miz is in the ring, but I think everyone has him down for the GM already, so WWE need to switch it up a bit. Same with Cole and Nexus, that wouldnt be much of a shock.

I'd prefer Wade just remain in control and let the Nexus recruit.

eyehatecena
08-31-2010, 10:13 PM
Looks like the NXT rookies of season 2, minus the winner, may be starting a stable from the looks of tonight. Next week starts a new season- all divas. Thats just what WWE needs more of hot women that can't wrestle, lol.

SgtGohan
09-01-2010, 12:36 PM
I do hope they start a stable.

DirtySteal
09-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Did the Season 2 Rookies attack Kaval at the end of NXT? This site said they did but on WWE.com it doesnt say anything nore show any videos. It must have been off the air if it did happen, maybe it was a trial run for Smackdown! or somthing.

SgtGohan
09-05-2010, 09:10 AM
cant wait for this monday night raw to see what kaval's gonna do and if the rest of season 2 shows up there.

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 12:03 PM
In my opinion, Kaval should go to Smackdown. All the NXT guys are on Raw and not so much on Smackdown.

AGEOFFALL
09-05-2010, 10:37 PM
In my opinion, Kaval should go to Smackdown. All the NXT guys are on Raw and not so much on Smackdown.

Makes sense with the SD moving to SciFi.

chaos75
09-05-2010, 10:41 PM
I would like to see nexus vs nxt 2 at bragging rights to see who is the better "rookie stable'

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Season 2 killed itself in the brawl this past Tuesday.

SgtGohan
09-06-2010, 12:17 PM
yeah that really really sucked lol

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one how saw how poorly executed that brawl was.

SgtGohan
12-01-2010, 06:41 AM
what a shock kaytlin won, really didnt expect that..

xAzureSkye
11-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear "WWE NXT Stable Thread"... Happy birthday to you!