PDA

View Full Version : The Yes! chants reminded me....

Da Threat88
06-02-2012, 10:30 AM
It remind me that the only way to truly make in the business is to give fans something big. The "Yes" chants became something bigger than expected, but so was the "Austin 3:16" speech. Not comparing them, but giving an example to what it takes.... A reaction from the fans. To me the greatest wrestlers made a name for themselves like CM Punk, Eddie Guerrero, Edge, The Rock, Steve Austin, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, etc. All of them pretty much put themselves on the map by making an impact rather it was promos, chants, catchphrases, wrestling ablity, etc. We help make these guys by letting our voices be heard. Guys like Dolph Ziggler, and Cody Rhodes (Who will be a future champions, hopefully) just need that moment that could make a impact, and when/if in happens we need to let it be known that they have arrive like daniel bryan.

Kryptonite
06-02-2012, 10:33 AM
You are so right! Genious!

Perfect-Plex
06-02-2012, 10:47 AM
The yes chants remind me alot of the what chants but i dont think they will ever be quite as big

ELNIOJR
06-02-2012, 12:33 PM
It remind me that the only way to truly make in the business is to give fans something big. The "Yes" chants became something bigger than expected, but so was the "Austin 3:16" speech. Not comparing them, but giving an example to what it takes.... A reaction from the fans. To me the greatest wrestlers made a name for themselves like CM Punk, Eddie Guerrero, Edge, The Rock, Steve Austin, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, etc. All of them pretty much put themselves on the map by making an impact rather it was promos, chants, catchphrases, wrestling ablity, etc. We help make these guys by letting our voices be heard. Guys like Dolph Ziggler, and Cody Rhodes (Who will be a future champions, hopefully) just need that moment that could make a impact, and when/if in happens we need to let it be known that they have arrive like daniel bryan.

http://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Mr.-McMahon-13.jpg

Cabers
06-02-2012, 01:47 PM
I don't thin the Yes chants will ever be bigger than the WHAT? chants but i am willingly to give it a chance.

akbar
06-02-2012, 03:12 PM
I agree...80% of wrestlers have had some sort of catchphrase or something for the crowd to say. It certainly does help to get over in the business. If I was Rhodes and Ziegler I personally would be spending more time thinking of catchphrases, character personality, promo style, ring attire etc than just wrestling and training everyday. It's the sad truth that if you truely want to make it, those stuff are more important than wrestling ability but of course you still need to move well in the ring.