PDA

View Full Version : 2012 elimination chamber

latreal23
06-02-2012, 10:18 AM
So I just got done rewatching the smackdown chamber match and boy does santino have alot of fans my question to you ask l is would you like to see a santino wwe/whc run? Why or why not? Me personally would like to see a run by the funniest guy in the wwe today

The Piper
06-02-2012, 10:27 AM
As an avid Santino hater, I'll say no, if his US title reign is this bad, his world title reign would be just awful. Granted I've chuckled at the guy once or twice, but he usually ruins a show for me. It'd be even worse if he ruined the main-event as well.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
06-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Unless he pins Punk with a forklift, I do not see that happening.

The Piper
06-02-2012, 10:35 AM
If he ever did win (knock on wood) he would win EVERY match by roll-up, how boring would that be?

Daffy Duck's Finest
06-02-2012, 10:54 AM
It just wouldn't be believable.

Unlike Cena, who's a performer who's very muscular, Santino has neither the physique of champion, nor the wrestling ability to make it look realistic.

I would hate him to be champion. I even think he's been U.S champion too long, and is starting to degrade that title.

Cabers
06-02-2012, 01:33 PM
I am unbiased when it comes to liking or hating on Santino Marella but realistically i would say no to a heavyweight run.

latreal23
06-02-2012, 02:17 PM
It just wouldn't be believable.

Unlike Cena, who's a performer who's very muscular, Santino has neither the physique of champion, nor the wrestling ability to make it look realistic.

I would hate him to be champion. I even think he's been U.S champion too long, and is starting to degrade that title.

I could get mad at you but i will not. I do not understand why you say he has no wrestling skills, he is one of the best wrestlers in the wwe its just his current gimmick limits what he can do. He also is a very good mic worker face or heel. And @Cabers why cant he do it? Mysterio, jeff hardy, DANIEL BRYAN.... those are some names who people said would NEVER win a world title think about that

steveorton
06-02-2012, 03:06 PM
No because he's too much of a comedy act.

Rebel Lion
06-02-2012, 04:22 PM
I could get mad at you but i will not. I do not understand why you say he has no wrestling skills, he is one of the best wrestlers in the wwe its just his current gimmick limits what he can do. He also is a very good mic worker face or heel. And @Cabers why cant he do it? Mysterio, jeff hardy, DANIEL BRYAN.... those are some names who people said would NEVER win a world title think about that

Did you seriously just compare Santino Marella to Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy & Daniel Bryan?!?!?!? STOP THE MADNESS!!!! Seriously, back on topic....the answer is an emphatic NO.

Daffy Duck's Finest
06-02-2012, 04:47 PM

People thought they wouldn't win titles because of their size, history and popularity respectively. Everyone knew they could put on 20+ minute 4+ star matches with people. If you're a serious Santino mark, I get your optimism. But as a neutral, I don't think Santino is in that bracket yet.

Cabers
06-02-2012, 05:01 PM

Ah hear now fella where did i say he will never win it? I usually let these things go but you have me on a night where a lack of readings skills gets on my last nerve! I just said he i don't think he will or more accurately the actual word NO.

I am unbiased when it comes to liking or hating on Santino Marella but realistically i would say no to a heavyweight run.

Automatic
06-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Because of that PPV he is killing the United States title, would you really like him to also kill off the WHC title?

Mojo Tartarus
06-02-2012, 05:44 PM
I'd love to see the level of moaning and whinging if this happened.

Vinnie P Jr
06-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Santino reminds me alot of Gorgeous George but then again he never won a major title either . If Santino was to win it would probably be by a fluke however it would shatter some barriers

butch magnus
06-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Is it weird that I found myself literally cheering for him in my living room in that match? I for one would love to see him as WHC, it would be highly entertaining and a great underdog story. He easily has the talent and mic work to back it up, just slowly water down his gimmick. The only reason his current U.S. reign is so lackluster is because of the position the higher ups have put him in. Give a superstar nothing to work with and you will get nothing in return.

Dameduse823
06-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Unless they did a complete overhaul, dropped the comedy relief gimmick, let him show his real skills and give him a real finisher I can't see him as a world champion. With his current gimmick its hard to even take him seriously as a midcard champion

Viperfish
06-03-2012, 01:55 AM
He's comedy gold when they actually bother to put him in the right situations. World title reign? Naw... unless they do something where it's a complete stroke of luck like a fatal four way and the other three knock themselves out or something. Even then he wouldn't hang on to the title for long. I can see a month long program where Johnny Ace is nice to him for that month, acting like he's on Santino's corner, only to pit him against Brock Lesnar or someone like that that would totally obliterate him. Even then the whole thing is pretty weak.

He's a fine US champ. I don't blame him for the crappy run, I blame the writers. He's a comedy character... if he doesn't have that little bit of comedy on a show then he's fairly weak to watch. The reason why Santino got such a big pop at the Elimination Chamber is because he's a huge face underdog and he was overperforming in the match, he seemed "much stronger" than usual so it was easy to cheer for him in such a situation(and I don't remember him doing the comedy thing while he was on a roll either, though I could be wrong).

I think one area of improvement is to cut the comedy down a bit when he's in a match, or give Santino a 'hulking up' dynamic but in a comedic way. Think of Curly from the Three Stooges when he gets a whiff of wild hyacinth(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgtJIZZOiFQ), and his opponent would be weird-ed out and frustrated by it.

scribbler_jones
06-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Unless they did a complete overhaul, dropped the comedy relief gimmick, let him show his real skills and give him a real finisher I can't see him as a world champion. With his current gimmick its hard to even take him seriously as a midcard champion

Agreed. I like Santino, but I also don't see him getting the WHC unless some miracle (read: major storyline twist) just dropped it into his hands. As over as people may say he is, he is still a joke character. I don't think we want a WHC titleholder who relies on slapstick and snake socks to represent Smackdown's finest. Just think of the aggro it would pull if he successfully (more or less) defended the title against someone like Daniel Bryan or Big Show...

latreal23
06-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Ah hear now fella where did i say he will never win it? I usually let these things go but you have me on a night where a lack of readings skills gets on my last nerve! I just said he i don't think he will or more accurately the actual word NO.

see now you should nave read my reply better see i never said you said he would never make it. I asked why did you think he cant do it and them gave examples as to people who were said they wouldnt get it. Also to someone who said they put on what was it 4 star matches? i have not seen a jeff hardy 4 star match ever. Dont get me wrong im a jeff hardy fan but just doing flips and laying everywhere isnt a 4 star match. and also thanks for the people who think it can happen i dont expect santino to win and beat the whole roster lol. But i can see a lil more serious santino getting beat every week but slowly lasting in the matches to where hes barely losing and then gets a fluke title shot and wins. Let him hold it for a month or so then injure him somehow and there you go a good 6-7 month story