PDA

View Full Version : An interesting "trade" idea

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
06-02-2012, 10:13 AM
I had this interesting idea for a trade of sorts between WWE and TNA. Due to certain circumstances that came up, I think that this could not only be fair, but beneficial to both parties.

First we have to assume that gimmicks and all transfer over. For TNA the money is not an issue.

Randy Orton for Samoa Joe

At first it seem terribly one-sided but let's look at some of the circumstances surrounding these two. Randy Orton, as we all know, just violated his second wellness policy. One more and he is gone; simple as that. Will WWE want to push a guy that is one slip-up from having to be fired? (I am sure that) Randy Orton is making "top-guy" money so what would be the point in keeping him around if they are not going to use him in that capacity? Orton to TNA would be huge. He has a cult following may even top the Angle signing.

Samoa Joe on the other hand has all the potential in the world if booked the right way and it has been a few years since he has. Unless he is going to have a run with the belt in the next year, TNA really does not have anything for him. Joe would be able to start up fresh bring his craft to the masses. Not to mention, no one would mind rematches between CM Punk or Daniel Bryan Danielson.

I usually hate these hypothetical situations, but hey, food for thought.

As a bonus:

bartish2
06-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Would not be too bad, I do not care about orton anymore, their top 2 guys need 2 go. With orton with 2 strikes there will be no push anymore so he is just dead weight to the company in terms of money. Sure people cheer for him, but with no push again would there be a point in keeping him around? People would get bored of him loosing. Just a shit load of money to keep him for nothing. The new generation is taking over.

Fatality
06-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Would not be too bad, I do not care about orton anymore, their top 2 guys need 2 go. With orton with 2 strikes there will be no push anymore so he is just dead weight to the company in terms of money. Sure people cheer for him, but with no push again would there be a point in keeping him around? People would get bored of him loosing. Just a shit load of money to keep him for nothing. The new generation is taking over.

Naaah i dont think that will happen to be honest ... he's very over with the crowd, wwe just need to take the risk... would be a major blow to lose orton

Rockstar83
06-02-2012, 12:29 PM
SOmetimes I wonder if Vince McMahon Secretly owns TNA.

Cabers
06-02-2012, 01:45 PM
You do get that every night before Vince goes to bed he lowers himself to his knees and prays that TNA dies before he does so he can acquire there talent!!

Vinnie P Jr
06-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I agree Orton to TNA would be beneficial - speaking for me , while I am a fan of Orton hes not the main reason I go to live events anymore or watch the tv show , he has really been knocked down a couple pegs

bearkg88
06-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I had this interesting idea for a trade of sorts between WWE and TNA. Due to certain circumstances that came up, I think that this could not only be fair, but beneficial to both parties.

First we have to assume that gimmicks and all transfer over. For TNA the money is not an issue.

Randy Orton for Samoa Joe

At first it seem terribly one-sided but let's look at some of the circumstances surrounding these two. Randy Orton, as we all know, just violated his second wellness policy. One more and he is gone; simple as that. Will WWE want to push a guy that is one slip-up from having to be fired? (I am sure that) Randy Orton is making "top-guy" money so what would be the point in keeping him around if they are not going to use him in that capacity? Orton to TNA would be huge. He has a cult following may even top the Angle signing.

Samoa Joe on the other hand has all the potential in the world if booked the right way and it has been a few years since he has. Unless he is going to have a run with the belt in the next year, TNA really does not have anything for him. Joe would be able to start up fresh bring his craft to the masses. Not to mention, no one would mind rematches between CM Punk or Daniel Bryan Danielson.

I usually hate these hypothetical situations, but hey, food for thought.

As a bonus:

Personally I really like the idea, and when you take a moment to really think about it, it makes perfect sense in a way.

Vegas
06-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Sorry but I don't think this would be a good idea. TNA would be getting a huge main event start who has money written all over him while WWE would get a guy who hasn't really been seen much and won't bring nearly as much money as Orton did.

Keith Stone
06-03-2012, 02:08 PM
You do get that every night before Vince goes to bed he lowers himself to his knees and prays that TNA dies before he does so he can acquire there talent!!
no he thinks about TNA when he's taking a dump. He watched the segment with Brooke Hogan and Dixie Carter and he blew up the toilet

imswm
06-03-2012, 03:23 PM

Doubt it. They're like a free feeder system for him. Someone gets over in TNA, he can hire them when their contract expires; in the meantime, all the expense and time to initially get them over is on Dixie Carter's dime. Win-win for Vince. The WWE office also gets an easy way to evaluate talent, having it beamed to them for two hrs every Thurs.

Same reason he secretly funded ECW. Let them do all the screening process, teaching the guys how to work in front of a camera and mic, etc, then we cherry-pick later.

The Hit Man
06-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Once Orton returns from his suspension he'll return back to his top 3 position. WWE need to market him as one of their top guys to cover the costs of his salary. I hope the fact that one more violation results in termination will give WWE the incentive to create stars of the future rather than relying on already established superstars.