PDA

View Full Version : Your last WWE event?

Double Axehandle
06-01-2012, 01:03 PM
What was the last WWE event you attended? What was your experience?

Mine was the Royal Rumble 2011 in Boston. The crowd popped huge when Booker came out. I remember there were a couple of kids dressed up as clowns that somehow got moved to better seats and this drunk guy screaming Kelly Kelly before the dark match that had people cracking up. Most annoying moment when ADR won and RIcardo repeated his name a hundred times, fans were pretty pissed after the match.

dubb1386
06-01-2012, 01:28 PM
i live in northwest IN 20 minutes away from Chicago....girlfriend bought me tix Extreme Rulez this year.....i'll tell u guys like this......as good as Chicago sounds on TV the live experience is 10 times better and you cant help but to be pumped up and excited becuz everyone else is as well.....an experience like nothing else for a fan boy like me......very true when they say we're 1 of the top WWE cities

jordan1995
06-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Last event i went to was in Newcastle England for the survivor series tour back in 2007

heres the card http://cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=26315

Braxton
06-01-2012, 02:01 PM
The Raw where Big Show begged for his job and Cena did the horrible "loser" promo at the end. That being said I had floor seats (You can see my Mangel 316 sign a lot during Cena's promo. I got a Yes chant going in my section when Johnny fired Big Show. Saw a "Rise Above Divorce" sign get confiscated that made me laugh as well.

I'll probably end up going to Survivor Series in November.

latreal23
06-01-2012, 02:01 PM
feb 2011 smackdown house show. It had a tag main event with Edge i waited till his entrance and had to leave.... then he retires FML

Asherdelampyr
06-01-2012, 02:06 PM
one of the smackdown house shows leading up to WM 27.

We sat about 3 row back, next to a 43 (She told us... repeatedly) year old woman wearing every piece of Orton merchandise at once, with her two jackass kids sitting in front of us (They wouldn't just sit the hell down at any point, finally I told one kid that standing made his kidneys too convincing a target and he sat his ass down)

The show was great, gotta see Chavo vs Evan Bourne, and the ME was Cena/HHH/HBK vs RKO/Batista/Sheamus (Damn Sheamus is whiter in person)

cymru96123
06-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I've only been twice, Wrestlemania tour in 05 and Survivor series tour in 06. Both in Cardiff, Wales. Saw some great matches both years.
The best-
Cena vs Triple H (06)
MNM vs Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guererro (05)
Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair vs Chris Masters and Edge (06)
Rob Van Dam vs Shelton Benjamin (06)

butch magnus
06-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Last event i went to was a house show at the IZOD center in Jersey. Got to see Cody up against Booker, Henry/Show/Bryan in a cage match for the heavyweight title, DiBiase put on a hell of a match with Jinder Mahal, Epico and Primo take the belts off of AirBoom for 5 seconds before it was overturned, Some good promos from Cody ending in a tadpole splash from Hornswaggle -_-, Sheamus versus Barrett in a falls count anywhere match ending with a run in from Drew Mcintyre, and the match of the night that easily stole the show, Seth Rollins come out on top against Tyson Kidd. Really fun time! I also have tickets to No Way Out, so hopefully it will be as good.

davieboytellem
06-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Last event I went to was Summerslam 2011, before that a double taping of Raw and before that Smackdown taping in 2005 (Eddie Guerrero and Batista went against MNM for the Tag titles)

hystrix
06-01-2012, 02:48 PM
A Smackdown live event in Columbus, GA in December 2011. I saw Damien Sandow with pink trunks...hilarious. Pretty decent event. Alicia Fox came over to sign autographs for kids. She seem extreamly friendly... All around a good experience.

jelle1809
06-01-2012, 03:37 PM
This years Raw Wrestlemania Revenge Tour.

It was a great experience. Most of the matches were Wrestlemania rematches. The arena was most notably Pro Punk and Anti Cena which caused a lot of crowd support in most of the matches. Biggest pop went to CM Punk.

Mtt08 xXx
06-01-2012, 04:40 PM
my last event was the royal rumble this year. it wasnt too bad. my last event before that was money in the bank in Chicago, and that was definitely hard to live up to. I also plan on going to the 1,000th episode this summer here in st Louis

Robstar
06-01-2012, 05:24 PM
A WWF tour in about 1987-88(?) which featured The Killer Bees, Greg Valentine, Brutus Beefcake, The Moondogs

CreatureOfTheNight
06-01-2012, 07:30 PM
The house show at Madison Square Garden this year before Wrestlemania 28. Had a great time. Triple H made his in ring return to team with Punk and Orton. Got a boring main event with Cena/Kane in a tables match. Overall was time very well spent and had a great time. Got a Punk shirt and a lot of money went on food. :/

SHW
06-01-2012, 09:26 PM
wrestlemania 29 in m-i-yayo...24 rows back, dead center, when i walked in and saw palm trees i thought to myself, damn that was poorly planned, i knew it would be an issue.

bought the tickets thinking punk v jericho (favorite performer of all time, figured it might be his last wm) would be best match, wanted to leave after sheamus v bryan, had zero interest in taker v trips...

it was my 4th Mania and have never been blown away with any of takers (did not see taker v hbk or taker v trips 2) or trips performances until this one, by far the best match of the night...

rock v cena was what i expected, loved it for the nostalgic value (was in person for all 3 rock v austin matches)

No_1eddiefan
06-01-2012, 09:50 PM
A WWE Smackdown live event in 2007.

Undertaker, Kane and Batista took on Mr. Kennedy (he cut an amazing heel promo before the match), MVP and Mark Henry.

Benoit & Finlay put on an awesome match too.

My dad went mental for The Undertaker's entrance. Most excited I've ever seen him be for wrestling.

I went to a Raw live event in November 2006 that was much more memorable.

DX & John Cena fought Rated RKO and Umaga in the main event.

After the match, my mate and I were by the ramp as DX and Cena shook fans hands and I was wearing my mate's chain gang necklace/pendant thing. Cena spotted it and gave me his salute, which I thought was pretty fuckin' awesome.

I wanna go again, but I've been busy with my uni stuff, so I just gotta wait til I have an available time really.

K2Jelly
06-01-2012, 10:12 PM
The last WWE event I went to was TLC 2011. I begged my mother to take me and she agreed to do so. We got our ticktes late and when we got there, we found our seats were going to be used by the camera crew so we were to be moved to behind the stage, where you could barely see anything. My mom was furious and after about 20 minutes of arguing with the security, that would make The Iron Sheik blush, we got better seats which were right in Section 111, only a couple rows away from the ringside seats. We arrived just in time to see Drew McIntyre beat Alex Riley in a dark match. We were both pretty stoked since this was our first time attending a PPV.

Anyways, the show opened with Lillian Garcia singing and then we got down to the U.S title match. My mom hated Vickie and was happy to see the referee send her away from ringside. Then, Air Boom came to defend their titles against Epico and Primo. My mom was impressed with Evan in particular.

Then, we saw Barrett take on Orton in a tables match. My mom thought that Orton looked cute and I had to hide my face from shame with all the cat calls she was giving him. The Divas Championship match came next so I thought it'd be a great opportunity to go get some chicken tenders, fries and a Sprite. When I came back, they were hyping up the HHH/Nash match.

After Triple H won and Nash had to wheeled out of the arena, I thought it was kinda cute how my mom thought that Nash was really hurt while he was being carried out by a stretcher X3.

After that, Sheamus beat Jack Swagger, some drunk douchebag spilled beer all over my mom and got it all over her wool coat and all over her seat. He, by the way, was swearing the entire night. I just wanted to punch him in the face. >:-(

But my mood got better when Show won the WHC. I nearly lost my voice cheering for Bryan after he cashed in his briefcase and won the title. I was saying "Yes!" over and over WAY before it was cool.

The next match was between Booker and Rhodes for the IC title. it was great to see Booker in action and Rhodes looked hella impressive.

My mom thought Alberto Del Rio was stupid for not winning the match earlier after he successfully managed to drive C,M Punk through a table AND get The Miz all the way to the stage and knock him out.

Overall, I couldn't be more happy and I don't think I'll ever have a better experience if I went to another live WWE event.

Rick BoA
06-02-2012, 12:01 AM
It was like 2002 or something. I remember that it was the first show they had in Oregon in 20 years. all I remember is that the main event was HHH vs Kevin Nash (Nash won but the ref reversed the decision), Rico and miss jackie vs someone and there was a womans match, but I think it was Victoria vs The Kat or something. I never got to see Trish :(

I would honestly rather see it on the tv then go to an event. Without commentary its just not the same to me.

Tommy Thunder
06-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Never been to a WWE event of any kind. The only place they do shows in Wales is Cardiff, and it's quite a trek for me (like the length of the country away), although they do shows in Manchester and Birmingham I think which I'm closer to. But I don't know anyone who's into wrestling enough who'd want to come with me.

Cabers
06-02-2012, 01:16 PM
My last event was this year in Dublin!! Great show!

Double Axehandle
06-03-2012, 11:15 AM
It was like 2002 or something. I remember that it was the first show they had in Oregon in 20 years. all I remember is that the main event was HHH vs Kevin Nash (Nash won but the ref reversed the decision), Rico and miss jackie vs someone and there was a womans match, but I think it was Victoria vs The Kat or something. I never got to see Trish :(

I would honestly rather see it on the tv then go to an event. Without commentary its just not the same to me.

To each his own. I find the quality of the commentary has slipped drastically since cole became the mouthpiece. I could do without hearing his garbage. The best part of live events is the crowd. Sitting at home can't reproduce that feeling.