PDA

View Full Version : Has the IC belt has lost it's significance?

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 03:42 PM
The once prestigious mid card strap has been reduced to an empty title. At this point Vince might as well retire it.

Robstar
05-31-2012, 03:46 PM
That's it? That's all you have to say about it? Good argument! Nice point of view! Pretty certain I could have lived my life without your 'insight'. :rolleyes:

Krysys
05-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Could you elaborate on your thoughts as to why you feel this way?

HeelTurn
05-31-2012, 03:47 PM
In before Bodom

This is stupid lol

The title is fine

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 03:48 PM
That's it? That's all you have to say about it? Good argument! Nice point of view! Pretty certain I could have lived my life without your 'insight'. :rolleyes:

Or you could add to a positive discussion and not foster an environment of snide remarks.

Heroes in a half shell.

Automatic
05-31-2012, 03:48 PM
They have done a mighty fine job in decreasing the value of the IC belt in only 2 months. It deserves some praise.
You can say that also about the US title.

Krysys
05-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Or you could add to a positive discussion and not foster an environment of snide remarks.

Heroes in a half shell.

His point is valid. You offered no real insight into why you think the title has lost its value.

mrfunk
05-31-2012, 03:49 PM
'Has the IC belt has lost its significance?" You have your own thoughts and opinions surely?

Surely you dont need to ask the internet

God i hate imbecilic wrestling fans.

Haruko Haruhara
05-31-2012, 03:50 PM

Heroes in a half shell.

You will use big words in an argument yet you say YOLO and your title is, "Has the IC belt has lost..." Has was used one too many time.

Robstar
05-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Well, hmmmm, let me see - you've had 3 threads before this and all have ended up in the trash. You virtually invite the snide remarks with your stunning displays of ignorance

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Could you elaborate on your thoughts as to why you feel this way?

The IC belt was a fixture for all PPVs now it's only added to WM every three years or so. The title used to have a meaning, it meant you were the best of the mid card. A future world champion. The guy that carried the workload.

Now what does it matter?

The big gold belt has effectively become the 2nd title.

The IC is the new European belt but without the weekly defense on raw.

Krysys
05-31-2012, 03:52 PM
The IC belt was a fixture for all PPVs now it's only added to WM every three years or so. The title used to have a meaning, it meant you were the best of the mid card. A future world champion. The guy that carried the workload.

Now what does it matter?

Many titles have lost the value they once had, but that could be changing, I wouldn't consider the IC Belt to be a throwaway, but a step in the direction of greatness.

Haruko Haruhara
05-31-2012, 03:52 PM

Now what does it matter?

It's called evolution my dear boy. Things change over time.

Playboy Stevie V
05-31-2012, 03:53 PM
I'll admit that I feel like the IC, US and tag belts have lost prestige. I remember when the IC title match was almost a big of draw and deal as the WWF Heavyweight Championship match. It's way watered down now. It used to be, if you were the IC champion that you were considered the 2nd best wrestler in the WWF. Now it's not even close to meaning that. It basically means you are a recognized mid carder, not ready to be majorly pushed yet, with a shiny belt.

I wouldn't retire it though. I'm still holding up hope that one day it will be at it's former prestigious state. Even though as of late Cody was a good IC champ.

Just my opinion.

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 03:54 PM
Well, hmmmm, let me see - you've had 3 threads before this and all have ended up in the trash. You virtually invite the snide remarks with your stunning displays of ignorance

Humm I invited nothing other than a poll that you cold vote in. You chose to take the low road and attack me with childish comments. Why dont you add something positive to the discussion. For example reasons why you disagree without a snide dig.

Tommy Thunder
05-31-2012, 03:56 PM
The IC title is in a better state than it was say a year/year and a half back. Cody Rhodes had a nice long reign (given, he didn't defend it as much as one would have liked to see, but still), and now we have an established veteran and former WHC in Christian as the champ.

Of course it isn't as prestigious as it once was, but neither is any other title in WWE. I don't see the IC title as a throwaway title by any means. The tag titles fit that description though for sure.

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 03:57 PM
I'll admit that I feel like the IC, US and tag belts have lost prestige. I remember when the IC title match was almost a big of draw and deal as the WWF Heavyweight Championship match. It's way watered down now. It used to be, if you were the IC champion that you were considered the 2nd best wrestler in the WWF. Now it's not even close to meaning that. It basically means you are a recognized mid carder, not ready to be majorly pushed yet, with a shiny belt.

I wouldn't retire it though. I'm still holding up hope that one day it will be at it's former prestigious state. Even though as of late Cody was a good IC champ.

Just my opinion.

Well taken.

I too would like the IC belt to revert to what it was until the early 2000s. Vince could start by making it a constant fixture of all major events. Maybe even encourage the mid card division by holding a running tournament until a big PPV. Doing stuff like handing it to show because he needed his WM moment cheapens the belt.

jordan1995
05-31-2012, 03:57 PM
this made me laugh more than i should have :(

Robstar
05-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Humm I invited nothing other than a poll that you cold vote in. You chose to take the low road and attack me with childish comments. Why dont you add something positive to the discussion. For example reasons why you disagree without a snide dig.

I'm not being snide. I'm being quite obvious - at least I thought so.

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm not being snide. I'm being quite obvious - at least I thought so.

Yes you are very obvious about what you are. No disguising that fact.

Robstar
05-31-2012, 04:04 PM

Good luck here pal. You're gonna need it

tchocky360
05-31-2012, 04:05 PM

He's helpful. You should have put more into your OP, you'll get this reaction a lot unless you change.
If something is important enough to be a thread, it's important enough to flesh out with your thoughts, without being prompted and poked.

It feels like the 3rd biggest title on the brands, considering the two ahead are the WWE title and WHC, it's still ranked right. I enjoyed Cody's reign, Christian can only add to it. I'd be a lot more concerned for the tag titles and US.

Tommy Thunder
05-31-2012, 04:06 PM

Getting into it with a moderator. Great strategy into starting off your EWN 'career'!!

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Good luck here pal. You're gonna need it

That's the first positive thing you've said. Was that so difficult?

Back to the discussion. If the IC belt is to ever have significance the world title must go. As for Christian he doesn't need to be the champ he's paid his dues Vince should put the strap on a future star. Maybe giving it to zig and have him reign for 6 months and more importantly have him defend the damn thing weekly.

jordan1995
05-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Getting into it with a moderator. Great strategy into starting off your EWN 'career'!!

speaking of moderators can someone help me out in the NOC section

Robstar
05-31-2012, 04:09 PM
He's helpful. You should have put more into your OP, you'll get this reaction a lot unless you change.
If something is important enough to be a thread, it's important enough to flesh out with your thoughts, without being prompted and poked.

It feels like the 3rd biggest title on the brands, considering the two ahead are the WWE title and WHC, it's still ranked right. I enjoyed Cody's reign, Christian can only add to it. I'd be a lot more concerned for the tag titles and US.

Lol, probably should have outsourced you to write my posts for me! ;) Very diplomatic - I should really try to be more so, but I'm so jaded by the war on trolls

Robstar
05-31-2012, 04:09 PM
That's the first positive thing you've said. Was that so difficult?

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Mikeyboy7777777
05-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Lol, probably should have outsourced you to write my posts for me! ;) Very diplomatic - I should really try to be more so, but I'm so jaded by the war on trolls

don't worry Robstar double axehandle is angry at you because you didn't reply his heroes in a halfshell with TURTLEPOWER it's an honest mistake

Cabers
05-31-2012, 04:11 PM
Ladies please both of you shuddap!!

Robstar & Double Axehandle quiet yo bitchin were all friends here!!

OT: I really don't think so although you can argue the point when Big Show lost it by "going" through a table that was pretty shit, although i do think the last great champ was Cody's second last run and i am holding hope out for Christian.

Chavo
05-31-2012, 04:11 PM

Good luck with that on these forums bud =)

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 04:12 PM

Robstar is a person. No more, no less. He is not someone I fear or even think about beyond the last few minutes of discussion with him. He is a wrestling fan just like you and me. Don't let his "Internet power" frighten you. This is a forum it is meant for discussion. I'm sure the site owners would rather us discuss our opinions than cower at the virtual "power" of moderators.

Mikeyboy7777777
05-31-2012, 04:13 PM
and just for the record i'm starting to hate new guys when i first got here i never fought with the moderators i mean come on there are so many accounts of new member who got banned before their 10th fucking post and just quit this site can't they at least learn? foolsXD FOOLS:O
on topic ic belt is one of the more prestigous titles in the wwe christian cody rhodes sorry but athlete supreme? hell yeah:O

Robstar
05-31-2012, 04:14 PM
I have "Internet powers"? Awesome!!!

Steve Austin
05-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Robstar is a person. No more, no less. He is not someone I fear or even think about beyond the last few minutes of discussion with him. He is a wrestling fan just like you and me. Don't let his "Internet power" frighten you. This is a forum it is meant for discussion. I'm sure the site owners would rather us discuss our opinions than cower at the virtual "power" of moderators.

#FightTheMods :cool:

Revolution! :p

K2Jelly
05-31-2012, 04:16 PM
#FightTheMods :cool:

Revolution! :p

Except PandaMassacre and Iron Ape. Those guys are alright.

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 04:16 PM

You have the ability to post multiple times in a thread and never once stick to the original topic, has the IC belt lost its significance?

That's a cool power.

magglis
05-31-2012, 04:17 PM
https://internetman.net/images/iman.gif
^^Robstar^^

Steve Austin
05-31-2012, 04:18 PM

I've never seen this PandaMassacre and thought Rob, SG, Bodom, Ape and Kash were the only mods.

lewism173
05-31-2012, 04:20 PM
in 1 year it's ha 3 holders zeke when he was on a role, rhodes for like 8 months and now Christian, at this point the belt has regained alot of prestige

tchocky360

I wouldn't be able for the job you guys have to do on this site. It was Bodom's reactions to trolls that kept me checking the site out at first.

The immediate Bahahahahahahahahahaha afterwards made me laugh :D

Chavo
The IC belt will never be insignificant as long as Christian holds it...the US title however is another story

Except PandaMassacre and Iron Ape.

^^ =)

magglis
05-31-2012, 04:22 PM
I've never seen this PandaMassacre and thought Rob, SG, Bodom, Ape and Kash were the only mods.
You forgot TDA

Steve Austin
05-31-2012, 04:23 PM
The IC belt will never be insignificant as long as Christian holds it...the US title however is another story

^^ =)

What this guy says!

You forgot TDA

Thanks chief!

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 04:23 PM
in 1 year it's ha 3 holders zeke when he was on a role, rhodes for like 8 months and now Christian, at this point the belt has regained alot of prestige

Cody had a decent reign but the IWC looks at it with very rose colored glasses. He held it for 8 months but defended it about 8-9 times. That type of inactivity isn't going to make the title better. The title should be defended weekly.

K2Jelly
05-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Cody had a decent reign but the IWC looks at it with very rose colored glasses. He held it for 8 months but defended it about 8-9 times. That type of inactivity isn't going to make the title better. The title should be defended weekly.

Since when was the IC title the same as the TV title?

URATOOL
05-31-2012, 04:26 PM
I think more importantly we should discuss the Moderator title. It has lost so much prestige over the years. I remember when moderators were like interweb gods. You would see them striding through threads swinging their massive ban hammers like a drunk version of Thors. *donk* *donk* *donk* they would go. Leaving a trail of failing members, in their wake. All in the good name of supreme power and it's absolute corruption.

Now look at what we have. Mods like Robstar. Who are easy going, relaxed and some would say fair. How fucking dare they do this to us!! Bring back the bastards I say. Make the title mean something.

Asherdelampyr
05-31-2012, 04:27 PM

Panda used to be a lot more active, not really certain what happened as it all changed when I took a break from the internet (You would not believe how scary that gets, the idea of just how entrenched you can get, seriously, just try to go two weeks without any internet, see what happens)

OT The IC Belt for a long time now has lost the distinction of being the "Workhorse" belt. I would actually argue that in it's heyday, the IC belt signified who the best wrestler was, whereas the WWF belt signified the greatest entertainer.
That is a trend that seems to be coming back, with Rhodes and now Christian holding the title. Rhodes did a lot for it as he is seen by a lot of people as a legit wrestler (as opposed to a "sports entertainer") and Christian is one of the most respected vets still active on the roster.

If they book it right, and give christian a good long feud with a soon-to-be-main event like Ziggler or Rhodes it could do a ton to bring the belt back up to it's former position of glory, but I wouldn't hold my breath

want to see the real "trash" belts right now? the tag titles, they look like fucking pennies for God's sake, and it is harder and harder to keep track of who even has the belts, since it's not like you see them that often. As far as tag team title defenses go? they have become the throwaway match that they put in when they need something to take up 10 minutes on a PPV.

In the future, put more work into your OP. Give specific reasons or examples for why you feel the way you do about the subject. That really does keep it out of the trash pile.

Oh, and seriously, grow a thicker skin, or you will fucking hate it here.

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Since when was the IC title the same as the TV title?

I remember back in the 90s on superstars, challenge and raw the IC belt was always being defended.

tchocky360
05-31-2012, 04:28 PM

That title will never be defended weekly, even monthly defenses are better. Gives the time for the building up of a contender that you believe can win it.
If it was every week you'd just burn through opponents and you'd make the matches uninteresting because unless it's a PPV, that belt isn't likely ever swop hands.

Tommy Thunder
05-31-2012, 04:28 PM

Dude, I'm not scared of Rob or any of the mods here, and neither should you! They're just normal people like you and me, trying to enjoy this forum!

K2Jelly
05-31-2012, 04:29 PM
I remember back in the 90s on superstars, challenge and raw the IC belt was always being defended.

But on a weekly basis? What good would that do?

Asherdelampyr
05-31-2012, 04:30 PM
I don't think it is how often a title is defended so much as the quality of the challengers to that title that really matter.
going by your logic, the Hardcore title was the most prestigious belt ever once they did the "24/7" rule, sometimes that thing would be defended 2-3 times in a single show.

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Panda used to be a lot more active, not really certain what happened as it all changed when I took a break from the internet (You would not believe how scary that gets, the idea of just how entrenched you can get, seriously, just try to go two weeks without any internet, see what happens)

OT The IC Belt for a long time now has lost the distinction of being the "Workhorse" belt. I would actually argue that in it's heyday, the IC belt signified who the best wrestler was, whereas the WWF belt signified the greatest entertainer.
That is a trend that seems to be coming back, with Rhodes and now Christian holding the title. Rhodes did a lot for it as he is seen by a lot of people as a legit wrestler (as opposed to a "sports entertainer") and Christian is one of the most respected vets still active on the roster.

If they book it right, and give christian a good long feud with a soon-to-be-main event like Ziggler or Rhodes it could do a ton to bring the belt back up to it's former position of glory, but I wouldn't hold my breath

want to see the real "trash" belts right now? the tag titles, they look like fucking pennies for God's sake, and it is harder and harder to keep track of who even has the belts, since it's not like you see them that often. As far as tag team title defenses go? they have become the throwaway match that they put in when they need something to take up 10 minutes on a PPV.

In the future, put more work into your OP. Give specific reasons or examples for why you feel the way you do about the subject. That really does keep it out of the trash pile.

Oh, and seriously, grow a thicker skin, or you will fucking hate it here.

I agree with a lot of what you said but the best wrestler is danielson and those type of guys should be fighting it out for the belt making it mean something not an aged star. I like Christian but he's not what he was. A work horse star in the making is what the need as the IC champ.

Asherdelampyr
05-31-2012, 04:31 PM
I think more importantly we should discuss the Moderator title. It has lost so much prestige over the years. I remember when moderators were like interweb gods. You would see them striding through threads swinging their massive ban hammers like a drunk version of Thors. *donk* *donk* *donk* they would go. Leaving a trail of failing members, in their wake. All in the good name of supreme power and it's absolute corruption.

Now look at what we have. Mods like Robstar. Who are easy going, relaxed and some would say fair. How fucking dare they do this to us!! Bring back the bastards I say. Make the title mean something.

That's why I stepped out of the game.
they said we had to be people, and that's just bullshit.

magglis
05-31-2012, 04:32 PM
Where's Rob?

bearkg88
05-31-2012, 04:36 PM

Here is the thing. The reason Robstar might of come off as a douche to you, is there has been a slew of new threads where either the OP just asks a question without sharing their views, or make a pointless thread. You started your thread with this,

The once prestigious mid card strap has been reduced to an empty title. At this point Vince might as well retire it.

Which really, is merely what someone might say in the context during a thread, not when they start one. I mean, I think if you had started your thread by stating WHY you think it has lost it's prestige and is now an empty title, like others have throughout this thread, Robstar probably wouldn't have said much in regards to it.

Now on to the OT, to me, the IC title lost it's meaning when Rhodes held it. Rhodes is a great wrestler, but he didn't bring anything to it. Having few title defenses, and few meaningful feuds, hindered the title. Personally I think with Christian holding the title, there is the chance that the IC title might me something.

Steve Austin
05-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Where's Rob?

he got his comeuppance. :cool:

magglis
05-31-2012, 04:39 PM
he got his comeuppance. :cool:
Poor Rob....

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't think it is how often a title is defended so much as the quality of the challengers to that title that really matter.
going by your logic, the Hardcore title was the most prestigious belt ever once they did the "24/7" rule, sometimes that thing would be defended 2-3 times in a single show.

The hardcore title is an entirely different discussion lets stay on topic. I agree the quality of the challengers matter but keeping the title in the spotlight matters also. Cody lets face it barely defended the belt, but be was in the spotlight and that helped. By having a champion be in the spotlight AND defend it frequently will help it even more. Fans are fickle even IWC fans and they need to be reminded how important the IC belt is in pro wrestling.

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Now on to the OT, to me, the IC title lost it's meaning when Rhodes held it. Rhodes is a great wrestler, but he didn't bring anything to it. Having few title defenses, and few meaningful feuds, hindered the title. Personally I think with Christian holding the title, there is the chance that the IC title might me something.

Finally someone who agrees and doesn't see the Cody reign through rose colored glasses. It was a long and pretty disappointing reign truth be told.

Haruko Haruhara
05-31-2012, 04:43 PM
I agree with a lot of what you said but the best wrestler is danielson and those type of guys should be fighting it out for the belt making it mean something not an aged star. I like Christian but he's not what he was. A work horse star in the making is what the need as the IC champ.

Why bump him down from the WWE and WHC picture for the IC title?

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Why bump him down from the WWE and WHC picture for the IC title?

Im not saying danielson should be de-pushed but that type of guy is who should be holding the belt not an older star. New blood is what the IC belt needs.

tchocky360
05-31-2012, 04:46 PM
The hardcore title is an entirely different discussion lets stay on topic. I agree the quality of the challengers matter but keeping the title in the spotlight matters also. Cody lets face it barely defended the belt, but be was in the spotlight and that helped. By having a champion be in the spotlight AND defend it frequently will help it even more. Fans are fickle even IWC fans and they need to be reminded how important the IC belt is in pro wrestling.

Neither the WWE title or WHC are defended every week and we seem know they're important.
It's not the weekly defenses that matter, it's the build up to the defenses.

If you want to build up the important of those belts, you have to devote actual screen time to why those belts matter.

The last US title match that was exciting was Zack Ryder's, that's because we had a big build up if you'd been watching his webshow.
Just a shame with everything that happened since that.

Asherdelampyr
05-31-2012, 04:47 PM

I brought the HC title up because it seems that your point of view is that for a title to be pretigious it has to be defended all the time. I don't see why most titles can't be defended just on PPVs to be quite honest. From a storytelling perspective you don't need to have them defended any more than that, and it would give enough time in between defenses to not only come up with a good challenger, but also wrap a story around it and make it seem more special.
When you defend it every single week, even if it's only against top tier talent, it devalues it because either

A. The champ never loses, giving no reason to watch the match, since you already know what's going to happen.

b. The title changes hands far too frequently for it to mean anything.

In either case it actually devalues the title defense itself, because it's not a special thing anymore, it's just something that happens every week, like Commercials, or Cole not knowing the name of a hold.

Now if they give a good 3-5 week build, where they show the no 1 contender to the IC title just taking people out, and really throwing a good show on every week, and do the same with the champ, then we suddenly have a title defense that people want to see, and perhaps more importantly, a title defense that people are willing to pay to see.

That's where the HC title got seriously screwed, title defenses stopped mattering at all, since they were happening all the time.

I agree the spotlight should be on the champ, but if the only way the bookers can see to do that is have him defend the title each week, then they need to be replaced. All that matters is that it's treated as a thing of value.

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Neither the WWE title or WHC are defended every week and we seem know they're important.
It's not the weekly defenses that matter, it's the build up to the defenses.

If you want to build up the important of those belts, you have to devote actual screen time to why those belts matter.

The last US title match that was exciting was Zack Ryder's, that's because we had a big build up if you'd been watching his webshow.
Just a shame with everything that happened since that.

Oh god not more tv time to promo matches. Hell raw will be 2 3/4 hours of talking and commercials and 15 mins of matches.

tchocky360
05-31-2012, 04:50 PM
Oh god not more tv time to promo matches. Hell raw will be 2 3/4 hours of talking and commercials and 15 mins of matches.

It doesn't have to be nothing but promos, but weekly defenses are pointless unless the match has context.

Robstar
05-31-2012, 04:51 PM

Panda is not a mod anymore, hasn't been for ages. What about The Devil's Advocate? Don't forget him!

Asherdelampyr
05-31-2012, 04:51 PM

given the WWE's expansion into social media and Youtube, they could build it without really saying much on TV

HeelTurn
05-31-2012, 04:52 PM
Panda is not a mod anymore, hasn't been for ages. What about The Devil's Advocate? Don't forget him!

TDA is a mod? Well done him.

URATOOL
05-31-2012, 04:53 PM
The IC title has always had it's ups and down. Great champions such as Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior and Bret Hart wore the belt so well. But don't be fooled into thinking that it was always a great title worn by greater wrestlers and future WWF champions. You only need to look at that arse clown who is still the record holder for the longest IC reign. Honky Tonk was a shocking champ. A clown in the ring and was never going to rise to the height of the first three guys I mentioned. Even his cousin says his name through gritted teeth when he has to mention him on commentary!

They need to bring back Jim while he's still in good shape. Have him recapture the title and have a solid reign. Then pass the torch!

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/u/ultimatewarrior/01.jpg

I am joking about Warrior coming back. You know that right?

Asherdelampyr
05-31-2012, 04:56 PM
The IC title has always had it's ups and down. Great champions such as Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior and Bret Hart wore the belt so well. But don't be fooled into thinking that it was always a great title worn by greater wrestlers and future WWF champions. You only need to look at that arse clown who is still the record holder for the longest IC reign. Honky Tonk was a shocking champ. A clown in the ring and was never going to rise to the height of the first three guys I mentioned. Even his cousin says his name through gritted teeth when he has to mention him on commentary!

They need to bring back Jim while he's still in good shape. Have him recapture the title and have a solid reign. Then pass the torch!

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/u/ultimatewarrior/01.jpg

I am joking about Warrior coming back. You know that right?

for a moment I thought that your mind had finally snapped.

magglis
05-31-2012, 04:56 PM

You forgot TDA
I didn't:p

URATOOL
05-31-2012, 04:58 PM
for a moment I thought that your mind had finally snapped.

*runs into Quick Reply window. shacks ropes like a caged chimp. puffs chest out.*

I don't know what you mean!

Robstar
05-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Here is the thing. The reason Robstar might of come off as a douche....

...is because I am one. A HUGE one. ;)

Where's Rob?

I have a life away from here you know. Getting my daughter ready for school :D

magglis
05-31-2012, 05:06 PM

Great Dad!:)

Asherdelampyr
05-31-2012, 05:07 PM

wait, you have a daughter?
they let you breed? wow :p

K2Jelly
05-31-2012, 05:44 PM
wait, you have a daughter?
they let you breed? wow :p

*hands Asherdelampyr a passport to WNE*

Asherdelampyr
05-31-2012, 05:52 PM

Well, I've been here since the beginning and was never forced to take a vacation, so I guess it's finally time

Also does that mane WNE the wrestling forum equivalent to TNA?
and EWN is WWE?
I mean, they both have 3 letter initialisms

K2Jelly
05-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Well, I've been here since the beginning and was never forced to take a vacation, so I guess it's finally time

Also does that mane WNE the wrestling forum equivalent to TNA?
and EWN is WWE?
I mean, they both have 3 letter initialisms

No. What I mean is, after that comment, you might have no choice. :p

Asherdelampyr
05-31-2012, 06:35 PM
No. What I mean is, after that comment, you might have no choice. :p

well there's that too
but Rob just did get done saying that he isn't that touchy, so we'll see :)
If I do go, I probably deserved it.

johnnydropkicks
05-31-2012, 06:41 PM
the white strap and new design is both good. but in order to make the ic title mean something they need storylines around it that mean something. basically in order for this title to mean anything christian needs to come out, cut a good promo about continuing on Cody's legacy of restoring the IC title to its glory even though he was doing it for the wrong reasons but hey progress is progress so hats off, except he's going to be doing it right this time, then he needs to go on to reign for a while and destroy all the mid-carders or at least some of them, before eventually losing it to Cody or Ziggler. may or may not be 100% clean but it can't mess with Ziggler's or Cody's win.

Robstar
05-31-2012, 06:57 PM

I had to laugh at this

tweedidldum
05-31-2012, 09:01 PM
All titles as of right now are at stale mate....any moron who's been watching since way back when would know that!!! they don't mean shit anymore. Hell there isn't even a perfectly good explanation as to who gets title shots anymore anyway, it's just random calls from above for who ever is popular at the time....screw the masses and have some kind of system in place for wins/losses and start taking titles more seriously, hell have a weight division aswell so we don't have to continue seeing big man vs little man and the little man wins the world HEAVYWEIGHT title...gimme a @#$@@ en break already, make no wonder wwe is in the shape it's in. Start taking things more seriously and realistic already, we are not 12 anymore or younger, mind you that is the majority of the audience these days.

URATOOL
05-31-2012, 09:06 PM
All titles as of right now are at stale mate....any moron who's been watching since way back when would know that!!! they don't mean shit anymore. Hell there isn't even a perfectly good explanation as to who gets title shots anymore anyway, it's just random calls from above for who ever is popular at the time....screw the masses and have some kind of system in place for wins/losses and start taking titles more seriously, hell have a weight division aswell so we don't have to continue seeing big man vs little man and the little man wins the world HEAVYWEIGHT title...gimme a @#$@@ en break already, make no wonder wwe is in the shape it's in. Start taking things more seriously and realistic already, we are not 12 anymore or younger, mind you that is the majority of the audience these days.

So are you saying they should move away from their current core audience (kids) and start pandering to the adults that use to watch WWF when they were kids??? Yeah that seems like a logical plan.

tweedidldum
05-31-2012, 09:09 PM
no im saying that whoever continues to watch WWE might make it more interesting if there were a bit of common sense or better understading of a product that dosn't degrade our human intelligence.

tweedidldum
05-31-2012, 09:10 PM
don't be a TOOL!!! lol...or a fool...be cool!!!! Stay in school....oh your still in school!!!! LMFAO:D

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Christian is too old to hold the IC title. He can't work a full schedule anymore. That belt is the work horse title and you need a work horse to be the champ. Put the strap on Zig, Swag or Miz. At least it'd be defended often enough to remain relevant.

K2Jelly
05-31-2012, 09:26 PM
Christian is too old to hold the IC title. He can't work a full schedule anymore. That belt is the work horse title and you need a work horse to be the champ. Put the strap on Zig, Swag or Miz. At least it'd be defended often enough to remain relevant.

Cody Rhodes is a workhorse and look what happened the first time he was IC champ.

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Cody Rhodes is a workhorse and look what happened the first time he was IC champ.

True they dropped the ball with Cody. But this is where creative learns from their mistake and puts some effort behind the new work horse IC champ.

Not an old vet who will be done in a few years like Christian IMO.

K2Jelly
05-31-2012, 09:31 PM
True they dropped the ball with Cody. But this is where creative learns from their mistake and puts some effort behind the new work horse IC champ.

Not an old vet who will be done in a few years like Christian IMO.

There's nothing wrong with a credible champion, like Christian, holding the IC title as long as he's able to do so. How many times it's defended isn't up to Christian. It's up to how many times creative want him to defend the belt and against whom.

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 09:35 PM
There's nothing wrong with a credible champion, like Christian, holding the IC title as long as he's able to do so. How many times it's defended isn't up to Christian. It's up to how many times creative want him to defend the belt and against whom.

If we look at the recent booking of creative they'll have christian defend every 6 months and be put in a tag team with another mid carder between defenses.

URATOOL
05-31-2012, 09:38 PM
don't be a TOOL!!! lol...or a fool...be cool!!!! Stay in school....oh your still in school!!!! LMFAO:D

Oh dear....

K2Jelly
05-31-2012, 09:38 PM
If we look at the recent booking of creative they'll have christian defend every 6 months and be put in a tag team with another mid carder between defenses.

If creative would book his reign like that then what difference would it make if someone else had the belt instead of Christian?

Besides, Rhodes and Christian are feuding and Rhodes hasn't used his rematch clause yet.

MachoManFan
05-31-2012, 09:39 PM
The point that this thread has missed throughout is that Cody Rhodes re-introducing the classic belt and his long reign has improved the status of the title. Before that it had been bouncing around guys who are now nowhere to be seen. Wrestler development in WWE has changed and so has the meaning of all the titles. None of them carry the prestige they used to but I'd still say the IC title is the higher mid card belt.

JSullivan
05-31-2012, 09:41 PM
I feel that with having two world titles the IC title is less valuable than it could be.

I remember the IC title being a REALLY big deal back in the late nineties.

That said, I do feel the WWE is taking steps to restoring its prestige - changing back the title design and giving it a decent lengthy run in Cody's hands helped this massively.

The IC is a really good way to transition stars from mid-carder to main event, as it's a title both often go for (see Christian now, for example). It's a good way of putting talent over, so don't be surprised if we see Wade Barrett in the mix-up when he's back (That's if he doesn't shoot straight to main-event).

Double Axehandle
05-31-2012, 09:43 PM
The point that this thread has missed throughout is that Cody Rhodes re-introducing the classic belt and his long reign has improved the status of the title. Before that it had been bouncing around guys who are now nowhere to be seen. Wrestler development in WWE has changed and so has the meaning of all the titles. None of them carry the prestige they used to but I'd still say the IC title is the higher mid card belt.

Well considering the other mid card belt is on the Canadian pretending to be an Italian snake charmer obviously Christian looks better. Still Christian is a band aid on a division that's bleeding to death.

Asherdelampyr
05-31-2012, 09:54 PM
I feel that with having two world titles the IC title is less valuable than it could be.

I remember the IC title being a REALLY big deal back in the late nineties.

That said, I do feel the WWE is taking steps to restoring its prestige - changing back the title design and giving it a decent lengthy run in Cody's hands helped this massively.

The IC is a really good way to transition stars from mid-carder to main event, as it's a title both often go for (see Christian now, for example). It's a good way of putting talent over, so don't be surprised if we see Wade Barrett in the mix-up when he's back (That's if he doesn't shoot straight to main-event).

Fucking well said!!! JSullivan wins most well reasoned post of the month

JSullivan
05-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Fucking well said!!! JSullivan wins most well reasoned post of the month

Cheers brah!

PSOjedi
06-01-2012, 01:02 AM
The Intercontinental Championship belt is, for years now, the #1 belt for midcarters, and yes it has lost it's significance. It's not because you bring back an old school white IC belt that magically the IC prestige is back.

Get rid of the IC belt ? No it should stay as it is actually. If a midcard belt should dissapear it should be the US.

If the WWE wants to bring back the prestige of this title, 1st, they should learn how to make good storylines/fueds. It is just like a movie. If the story is not good, then you can have the best actors, the movie will be awful. Same here. Everyone here says Cody Rhodes brought back the IC prestige. Cody brought back nothing. Cody was not put in a solid fued during his entire IC reign, he only had single matches, and his so called fued vs Big Show was totaly useless and boring.

Creatives, or uncreatives here, are the #1 problem in this company. they just don't know how to do their job correctly. As long as this continues, nothing will change for the IC or even the US title. And I said nothing about the Tag Team belts, this would be even worse.....

URATOOL
06-01-2012, 03:46 AM

What? He's 2 years younger then Mark Henry, the guy they had the WHC title on a few month back. A year younger then big show. He's also 6 years younger than Kane, a very active, full time wrestler.

HeelTurn
06-01-2012, 04:31 AM
How is Christian not a full time wrestler? He does Raw, Smackdown, Superstars and house shows????

Putting the belt on a credible wrestler, who is also a former main eventer adds prestige, look at the recent Jericho/Rey feud.

johnnydropkicks
06-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Oh dear....

yeah I'm impressed. that just would have made me cry. you one badass dude. how you handled that so well is just beyond

johnnydropkicks
06-01-2012, 10:58 AM
you know I really think Christian is the perfect kind of person to bring this title back.