PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton Second suspension

Kaisered
05-30-2012, 06:22 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/randy-orton-suspended-for-60-days

Last week it was Jericho now Randy!!

Where will their storylines go to???

What can we expect after these things occurring?

Bodom
05-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Do you have no thoughts on the matter?

Steve Austin
05-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Nice new approach B-man, was expecting a "This is stupid." :p

Anway, I'm disappointed in Orton, big fan but it might be nice to have him gone for a while, give him some freshness.

Vandarius
05-30-2012, 06:26 PM
WWE management can NOT be happy right now! First they lose Jericho, so they decide to do a Miz/Orton feud or something along the lines, and then Orton gets suspended! Talk about screwing up the plans. I just hope he wasn't doing something stupid or I may lose any respect I have left for him.

Krysys
05-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Hmm, well this could be good actually (While I don't wish for anyone t be out of work) we may finally get to see some new talent pushed.

Y2J___Y2J
05-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Ooops.. I wonder what explanation they'll give on tv?. It also doesn't leave to many top level faces on SD.

Dr. Death
05-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Well with Jericho, Lesnar, and Orton all MIA for awhile, that leaves room for the likes of Christian, Ziggler, Rhodes, a Barrett comeback, Swagger, McIntyre, Miz, etc...

Mojo Tartarus
05-30-2012, 06:32 PM
I read on here earlier that they were looking at having Punk and Cena on Smackdown more anyway, to boost star power and ratings.

ELNIOJR
05-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Sounds like somebody doesnt wanna feud with THE MIZ! :)

Bodom
05-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Still waiting for the OP's input on his own topic.

K2Jelly
05-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Still waiting for the OP's input on his own topic.

I'm still waiting for you to merge the other "Orton suspension thread" with this one.

JustCloseYourEyes
05-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Well first it was Mysterio, Then Jericho, and now Orton. They must really be cracking down. Wasn't Ziggler and/or Miz supposed to feud with him? This is sad news for the two of them.

MachoManFan
05-30-2012, 06:40 PM
When I saw this my jaw literally dropped! I don't think it's done that before.
His first violation was for prescription stuff wasn't it? I'd forgotten about it, which made 60 days a bigger shock.

With Orton out it's definitely time for the likes of Del Rio, The Miz, Swagger and Ziggler to make their mark.

IrkenInvader
OMG like seriosly!

Grind_Bastard
Mixed emoptions here. I'm not a Randy fan, but he could be used to put people over. Besides, let's see how WWE fills his spot.

MattTY2JHBK
05-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Ironically, I was watching 'The Randy Orton Experience: Evolution of a Predator' just last night.
In the documentary, he explains his previous problems with drug use and how he had major issues with certain drugs many years ago, but assured everyone that he is clean now.
Today, he receives his second violation of the companies Wellness Policy... Strange.
On another note, I have two questions...

1. Is it true that a third violation of the Wellness Policy is a fire-able offence? If so, has anyone had three violations? There are a number of wrestlers with two...?

2. NOT THAT I BELIEVE THIS MYSELF BUT DO THINK IT'S A POSSIBILITY...

Do you think that some wrestlers are purposely violating the Wellness Policy in order to take time off?

Personally, I don't think anybody is (and shouldn't be) that stupid, but apart from injury, it is the only way in which wrestlers are able to spend more time with family/friends and/or other projects.

Asherdelampyr
05-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Huge gap on the smackdown roster, or it would be if the brand separation was still a thing.
Hopefully this will turn out well, by having a midcard talent step it up and move permanently to the ME scene (Looking at you, Rhodes/Ziggler, either one)

ELNIOJR
Mixed emoptions here. I'm not a Randy fan, but he could be used to put people over. Besides, let's see how WWE fills his spot.

Sometimes people forget that 60 days are actually 2 months. Cause when they use these numbers it kind looks like something short, but it's not. 2 months means alotta shows...

Asherdelampyr
Ironically, I was watching 'The Randy Orton Experience: Evolution of a Predator' just last night.
In the documentary, he explains his previous problems with drug use and how he had major issues with certain drugs many years ago, but assured everyone that he is clean now.
Today, he receives his second violation of the companies Wellness Policy... Strange.
On another note, I have two questions...

1. Is it true that a third violation of the Wellness Policy is a fire-able offence? If so, has anyone had three violations? There are a number of wrestlers with two...?

Do you think that some wrestlers are purposely violating the Wellness Policy in order to take time off?

Personally, I don't think anybody is (and shouldn't be) that stupid, but apart from injury, it is the only way in which wrestlers are able to spend more time with family/friends and/or other projects.

I think Jeff Hardy broke 3 times, but I am not totally certain.
Also Masters may have.

Steve Austin
05-30-2012, 06:45 PM

I thought they immediately fired anyone that failed it 3 times.

That's definitely a possibility especially on the schedule they work.

Tommy Thunder
05-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Also Masters may have.
master

Masters and Hardy both have 2 violations actually.

I think it's very possible that some might violate intentionally to take time off. With the schedule they're working, and WWE's reluctance to allow time off under no circumstance whatsoever apart from serious injury or suspension, then it wouldnt' surprise me one bit.

Is that the case with Orton here though? I don't think so personally.

Grind_Bastard
05-30-2012, 06:49 PM

I don't think so. If Orton wanted to take time off, there would have different ways to write him off TV. And he'll probably get his time off granted.

ELNIOJR
05-30-2012, 06:51 PM
But we still dont know the reason, right?
Let's put our heads together:

A - Smoked
B - Snorted
C - Hotel Room
D - Hate The MIZ
E - He's name...is Randy Orton
F - Have No Idea!
G - Tea with Evan Bourne (Both from Saind Louis)

Asherdelampyr
05-30-2012, 06:55 PM
But we still dont know the reason, right?
Let's put our heads together:

A - Smoked
B - Snorted
C - Hotel Room
D - Hate The MIZ
E - He's name...is Randy Orton
F - Have No Idea!

Ok, if it was the pot I think that's still just a fine.

could be the fake pot (Which if the real stuff is still just a fine, why bother with the fake shit?)

Doesn't have the nostrils of a coke addict, and his eyes don't buzz (I don't have a good way to describe it) so I don't think it's that or Acid.

my vote is going to be either Steroids or pain pills. You know, the classics (Orton is old school like that)

akbar
05-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Sometimes people forget that 60 days are actually 2 months. Cause when they use these numbers it kind looks like something short, but it's not. 2 months means alotta shows...
Your's is another sig that I can watch all day...

wrestlingfan66513
Sucks since he was about to get Ziggler out of that tag team.

ELNIOJR
Ok, if it was the pot I think that's still just a fine.

could be the fake pot (Which if the real stuff is still just a fine, why bother with the fake shit?)

Doesn't have the nostrils of a coke addict, and his eyes don't buzz (I don't have a good way to describe it) so I don't think it's that or Acid.

my vote is going to be either Steroids or pain pills. You know, the classics (Orton is old school like that)

Wait! EDIT:

G - Tea with Evan Bourne (Both from SainT Louis)

Haruko Haruhara
05-30-2012, 06:58 PM
This is bad for The Miz

ELNIOJR
05-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Your's is another sig that I can watch all day...

http://i.imgur.com/afyTw.gif

Daffy Duck's Finest
05-30-2012, 07:03 PM
This is bad for The Miz

On the contrary. I don't think the Miz would have come out of that feud well, and now without Orton, Miz should get more air time - perhaps even turn face like WWE has possibly teased us these past few weeks.

The person who I think could gain immensely form this is Ziggler. We saw his frustrations on Raw this past Monday, and his desire via Twitter to be more prominent on Smackdown. Perhaps a quick match or two with Swagger to make him a face. Or make make him next in line for the WHC shot after No Way Out.

No_1eddiefan
05-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Ziggler to turn on Swagger and start a feud with him then.

I personally would love to see Miz to turn face and feud with Ziggler, or Rhodes to step up as a face, but I can't see it happening with his feud with Christian on the go.

As for Orton himself, I'm disappointed. I'm a fan of Orton's in-ring work, and would have loved to have seen him feud with Jericho, Ziggler or Miz. He'll leave a big hole in Smackdown, but it'll be nice to see who can step up.

Tommy Thunder
05-30-2012, 07:16 PM
The main problem I see from this is who the hell are they going to get to step up as a main event face on Smackdown? Since Sheamus is the only one now, they'll need someone stepping up.

magglis
05-30-2012, 07:40 PM
The main problem I see from this is who the hell are they going to get to step up as a main event face on Smackdown? Since Sheamus is the only one now, they'll need someone stepping up.
Probably Sin Cara and Christian

CactusJackBangBang!
05-30-2012, 07:48 PM
LOL i wonder if the big heads in the back will blame the miz for randys suspension. i know its a bit of a sarcastic gesture but hey it makes as much sence as blaming miz for the poor survivor series buyrate last year

benchch
05-30-2012, 07:49 PM
This was a surprise to me but I have a nagging feeling this is his 3rd offense. There was something like a 2nd offense before this but they didn't put it as a legit violation. I think it was for that signature pharmacy list? Wish I could remember

Y2JLionsault
05-30-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm looking at Christian to drop the IC title and step up as a main event face. But I'd prefer either Miz or Ziggler to go face and feud with each other. On topic this is a big disappointment because Randy is now one of the backstage Veterans so it's a bad look. Curious as to what he did though.

Tommy Thunder
05-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Probably Sin Cara and Christian

Sin Cara can't speak English, so he's out of the question.

Christian is the top candidate for sure. That could see the IC title featured higher up the card which is a good thing all round. Christian in the main event and the IC title being more relevant.

JSullivan
05-30-2012, 07:58 PM
They could very well use Miz or Ziggler to cover up, like they Injured him backstage or something - Ziggler after saying he should be were Randy is, or The Miz for getting RKO'd - good way to get extra heat too.

Haruko Haruhara
05-30-2012, 08:18 PM
the main problem i see from this is who the hell are they going to get to step up as a main event face on smackdown? Since sheamus is the only one now, they'll need someone stepping up.

my boy d bryan!

Steve Austin
05-30-2012, 08:32 PM
This was a surprise to me but I have a nagging feeling this is his 3rd offense. There was something like a 2nd offense before this but they didn't put it as a legit violation. I think it was for that signature pharmacy list? Wish I could remember

It is his third but one was for behaviour issues, one more wellness policy failure and he's out.

It means he'll miss the 1000th episode of RAW in his hometown as well.

K2Jelly
05-30-2012, 08:34 PM
This sucks. I was looking forward to a Ziggler/Orton feud.

Asherdelampyr
05-30-2012, 08:35 PM
They could very well use Miz or Ziggler to cover up, like they Injured him backstage or something - Ziggler after saying he should be were Randy is, or The Miz for getting RKO'd - good way to get extra heat too.

That is actually a very good idea, they could use this to grab some easy heat from the casual fans.

CM Rock-Austin
05-31-2012, 12:58 AM
Wow, well now it's time for a face mid-carder to step up or turn Ziggler or Miz face. I choose a face turn by any of those two.

Rick BoA
05-31-2012, 01:23 AM
I would love to see Ziggler turn face and I like the idea of having Mason Ryan as a body guard. He is ready for his push, they need to build him as a face and let the crowd get emotionally attached to his hunt for the title so when he finally wins it it means something.

Melevolent 27
05-31-2012, 01:45 AM
Some body needs to turn Face and fast, or will they push up a lower card face?
Kofi?
R-Truth?
A-Ry? No go heel, join team Vikki!
Ryback into feuds? Doubt that, not yet.
Kind of lucky Christian is face again.

curious
05-31-2012, 01:53 AM
this is why i will never boo Cena, he will piss in a cup everyday if you ask him he will and pass...say what you want, bash him all you want, but he EARNED everything he got

Amerinaine
05-31-2012, 01:59 AM
this is why i will never boo Cena, he will piss in a cup everyday if you ask him he will and pass...say what you want, bash him all you want, but he EARNED everything he got

I don't hear too much griping about Cena in this area. Usually the gripes about Cena are Wrestling and Promo related. Not because he doesn't work hard and is clean. Most of us understand he is an excellent worker and a clean wrestler.

curious
05-31-2012, 02:18 AM
yessir i understand no one was sayng anything about Cena, i thought it better to post a reply here then posting yet another Cena Blog that we see too often...its just the first thing that came to both mine and a friends mind was this is why we like him...He has to be laughing his ass off saying 'man these guys are a bunch of P******' just put in the work.' and other talent have to love it b/c now they get what could be there only shot.

side note Cena can wrestle, check match against angle...they limit him for some reason, and will probably limit him more b/c he cant get injured

SilverGhost
05-31-2012, 02:32 AM
yessir i understand no one was sayng anything about Cena, i thought it better to post a reply here then posting yet another Cena Blog that we see too often...its just the first thing that came to both mine and a friends mind was this is why we like him...He has to be laughing his ass off saying 'man these guys are a bunch of P******' just put in the work.' and other talent have to love it b/c now they get what could be there only shot.

side note Cena can wrestle, check match against angle...they limit him for some reason, and will probably limit him more b/c he cant get injured

Very random that you mentioned Cena here.

Also, we know that lol

Amerinaine
05-31-2012, 02:40 AM

All I will say is, and I won't go on a tear on this, Angle elevated Cena. Cena honestly can't wrestle as much as he can just perform. He is a good performer. Not a good wrestler. Although, as much as it kills me, I'll probably not go all mark on Orton now with this. Too many bads at this point to care about him.

lostgerg
05-31-2012, 03:20 AM
It's all storyline......Ortons going on tour with his band........

Samuel L. Jackson
05-31-2012, 05:27 AM
It's all storyline......Ortons going on tour with his band........

That's B.S man!
We all know that Orton doesn't have a band!

He's busy filming "The Marine 4 - Dishonourable Discharge"!

Robstar
05-31-2012, 05:39 AM
He needs the time to get more tatt work done. He's going to return as the new Deadman.

HeelTurn
05-31-2012, 05:40 AM
He needs the time to get more tatt work done. He's going to return as the new Deadman.

Yeah he needs to compete with Punk's chest tattoo and maybe get a Tensai head tattoo aswell.

christianfan
05-31-2012, 06:56 AM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Im so happy that boreton is suspended. overrated ass kisser -.-'

Samuel L. Jackson
05-31-2012, 07:28 AM
Yeah he needs to compete with Punk's chest tattoo and maybe get a Tensai head tattoo aswell.

Wish they could tattoo him a personality ...

Lowki
05-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Also Masters may have.
Masters twice, got fired and rehired. Then creative got rid.

PSOjedi
05-31-2012, 10:31 AM
1 more time, and Randy Orton goes to TNA

TheDevilsAdvocate
05-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Randy Orton will continue to be relegated to upper mid-card status since he can still draw some ratings. This suspension would surely hurt his chances of resuming that push he was fixing to receive anytime soon.

Tommy Thunder
05-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Randy Orton will continue to be relegated to upper mid-card status since he can still draw some ratings. This suspension would surely hurt his chances of resuming that push he was fixing to receive anytime soon.

I'm not so sure. This is Randy Orton we're talking about, and IMO WWE do their top stars. If this had been just an average guy, then I'd agree that they'd be relegated instantly upon returning. But I don't think that'll happen with Orton.

HeelTurn
05-31-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't see them releasing Orton, they are in need of big names now more than ever. If Orton slips again, they will probably find some way around it.

jelle1809
05-31-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't see them releasing Orton, they are in need of big names now more than ever. If Orton slips again, they will probably find some way around it.
Totally this

Smackdown is in desperate need of bigger names. He will not be released, once he returns he'll get his push back only somewhat diminished.

Cabers
05-31-2012, 02:45 PM
Good for us!! Get a break from Orton throw Cena on the holiday band wagon and we are set for an entertaining summer.

thejman93
05-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Gotta feel for Ziggler. He and Orton would've stole the show at No Way Out.

LuckIsForLosers
05-31-2012, 06:40 PM
I feel sorry for Randall....he's just misunderstood. People like Mr Kennedy, who was his close friend, and who he got fired, are the kind of people who create dangerous working environments - not a roided up, injected with too much testosterone drug addict. People like the Miz and Kofi Kingston who he's broken character during a match and sworn and yelled at are the real unprofessionals. The poor guy has only done this twice and in addition been suspended before for undisclosed reasons and been named in an online steroid ring which possibly comprises the 3 necessary wellness strikes you need to get terminated. Hopefully HHH saves Randy's spot and doesn't remove Miz from the doghouse for botching a move a year ago nobody remembers. Or god forbid - they let Ziggler or Cody Rhodes carry the ball on Smackdown. Ziggler doesn't deserve it - he doesn't inject or have a famous dad and granddad.

In all seriousness - Randy as a heel is something I'd like to see. I saw his old feud with the McMahon-Helmsleys and when he handucffed HHH and kissed an unconscious Steph - THAT was a fascinating character sirs

Asherdelampyr
05-31-2012, 06:47 PM
I feel sorry for Randall....he's just misunderstood. People like Mr Kennedy, who was his close friend, and who he got fired, are the kind of people who create dangerous working environments - not a roided up, injected with too much testosterone drug addict. People like the Miz and Kofi Kingston who he's broken character during a match and sworn and yelled at are the real unprofessionals. The poor guy has only done this twice and in addition been suspended before for undisclosed reasons and been named in an online steroid ring which possibly comprises the 3 necessary wellness strikes you need to get terminated. Hopefully HHH saves Randy's spot and doesn't remove Miz from the doghouse for botching a move a year ago nobody remembers. Or god forbid - they let Ziggler or Cody Rhodes carry the ball on Smackdown. Ziggler doesn't deserve it - he doesn't inject or have a famous dad and granddad.

In all seriousness - Randy as a heel is something I'd like to see. I saw his old feud with the McMahon-Helmsleys and when he handucffed HHH and kissed an unconscious Steph - THAT was a fascinating character sirs
We call that "The Creepy Kiss" around our house, and we use it to compare all other measures of creepiness.

but yeah, Orton as a heel is fucking AWESOME, (and I am like, the one guy here who likes the faces more usually)