PDA

View Full Version : I just cant put into words...........

Cynicism
05-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Howdy y'all, I was watching Raw today, having recorded it so I could fast forward through the Big Slow, and I heard a phrase that always annoys me. "I just cant put into words". This time I wanted to scream at the TV "You're an announcer, you're paid to put things into words, cant you at least fucking try?" as Jerry proceeded to remind me that he cant actually do his job.

What phrases do they use that annoy you?

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 02:25 PM
"Vintage"
I got sick of Vintage when Tazz was using it, I am still sick of it now

"What will he/she do now?"
I don't know, either fight or talk about fighting, just like every other time

and a recent one
"The darkest day in WWE history"
Really assholes? Owen Hart literally died in the middle of the fucking ring, and Big Show not being the friendly giant is the darkest day in WWE history?

Cabers
05-29-2012, 02:33 PM
"Vintage"

and a recent one
Really assholes? Owen Hart literally died in the middle of the fucking ring, and Big Show not being the friendly giant is the darkest day in WWE history?

That one especially!! And then try Eddie Guerrero dying while being relevant and Chris Benoit as well thats right i said CHRIS BENOIT he existed and he (unlike Miz) was AWESOME, live with it!!

SLEEPY LOCO1
05-29-2012, 02:34 PM
I hate when the announcers say "We have never seen anything like this before" any time a heel goes crazy and starts a viscious attack.

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 02:41 PM
I hate when the announcers say "We have never seen anything like this before" any time a heel goes crazy and starts a viscious attack.

yeah
I always want the other guy to go "Well except for Triple H, and SCSA, and Undertaker, and Edge, and a bunch of other guys too, but other than those 3-400 guys, nobody has ever acted like this

Krysys
05-29-2012, 02:51 PM
"This could be the turning point of the match" and "This could be the opening he/she needs" both really annoy me.

jordan1995
05-29-2012, 02:52 PM
when a Wrestler gets taken away in an ambulance they never go to the hospital they go to the "medical facility" this annoys me haha

VoiceOfTheSilentMajority
05-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Either when heading to the top rope or retrieving a weapon from under the ring and you hear, "He must have something on his mind here"

You don't f'n say, here I was thinking he was just inspecting his surroundings.

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Either when heading to the top rope or retrieving a weapon from under the ring and you hear, "He must have something on his mind here"

You don't f'n say, here I was thinking he was just inspecting his surroundings.

something I have always wondered
in Kayfabe, who the flying fuck is putting all that dangerous shit under the ring? what asshole gets a bunch of boards, wraps them in barbed wire, then sticks them under the ring on the off chance they will come in handy later?

82Tucker
05-29-2012, 03:06 PM
I hate "will (insert wrestlers name) be able to mount a comeback? Find out......after we return......That boils my piss because I know there's another 4 minute ad break coming seen as I'm in the UK :mad:

Amerinaine
05-29-2012, 03:12 PM
"Excuse Me."

Sure it is a heat drawing phrase for Vickie Guerrero but, after about a year and a half of that two word phrase, she needs to come up with another catch phrase. PLEASE!!!!

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 03:15 PM
"Excuse Me."

Sure it is a heat drawing phrase for Vickie Guerrero but, after about a year and a half of that two word phrase, she needs to come up with another catch phrase. PLEASE!!!!

she has ridden that train about to the end of the tracks

K2Jelly
05-29-2012, 03:22 PM
When they say, "This could be it" when the wrestler pins his opponent and it was after they didn't even hit their finisher. Sometimes, they say that after a fucking dropkick and a pin attempt.

WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE FOOLING?!

SESAfro
05-29-2012, 03:25 PM
in Kayfabe, who the flying fuck is putting all that dangerous shit under the ring? what asshole gets a bunch of boards, wraps them in barbed wire, then sticks them under the ring on the off chance they will come in handy later?
It's all the stuff from 'Swoggle's house when he lived under the ring.

CM Rock-Austin
05-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Shoot I had something but I think you guys took them all lol....wait I got one "Puppies!" It's getting old jerry, try a different saying!

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 03:27 PM
It's all the stuff from 'Swoggle's house when he lived under the ring.

wouldn't the chairs be smaller?

SESAfro
05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Shoot I had something but I think you guys took them all lol....wait I got one "Puppies!" It's getting old jerry, try a different saying!
I haven't heard Jerry say that in ages.

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
When they say, "This could be it" when the wrestler pins his opponent and it was after they didn't even hit their finisher. Sometimes, they say that after a fucking dropkick and a pin attempt.

I just spent way too long trying to find a video of someone winning a match with a dropkick, just to post it here and mock you in the spirit of harmless fun.

I was unable to find one.

akbar
05-29-2012, 03:34 PM

LOL this is the one...

Mikeyboy7777777
05-29-2012, 03:36 PM
i hate the out of nowhere things because it's always very predictable that it doesn't come out of nowhere

Mikeyboy7777777
05-29-2012, 03:39 PM
I just spent way too long trying to find a video of someone winning a match with a dropkick, just to post it here and mock you in the spirit of harmless fun.

I was unable to find one.

didn't austin aries once won a match with that maneuvre as the x division champ ofcourse after he hit him with the belt or something anyway rock n roll express won many matches with the double dropkick:D some others who had it as a finisher as well. can't remember which one oh well.

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 03:46 PM
didn't austin aries once won a match with that maneuvre as the x division champ ofcourse after he hit him with the belt or something anyway rock n roll express won many matches with the double dropkick:D some others who had it as a finisher as well. can't remember which one oh well.

to be fair I wasn't counting double dropkicks, dropkicks with an object or dropkicks right after being hit with an object

K2Jelly
05-29-2012, 03:48 PM
LOL this is the one...

"Oh noooooo! A scoop slam! The most devastating move in this industry!!! Only 15 seconds into the match and we've already seen this hell of a manuver! This could be it!!! 1....2.....HE KICKS OUT AT TWO!!!! GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY, I THOUGHT THAT WAS IT!!!"

Bitch, please.

imswm
05-29-2012, 03:56 PM
"Vintage"

and a recent one

Wow, the Owen Hart death plunge was the very first thing that crossed MY mind as well, upon hearing that asinine proclamation. Holding the salute to Benoit then finding out the truth shortly thereafter was also in the running, since Cole may have said "24 hours" rather than day.

CM Rock-Austin
05-29-2012, 04:08 PM
I haven't heard Jerry say that in ages.
Really I thought he said it last week!? Maybe I'm just hearing things.

Tommy Thunder
05-29-2012, 04:21 PM

King hasn't said that in a good few years lol!

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 04:22 PM
King hasn't said that in a good few years lol!

yeah, I honestly kinda miss it.

Cynicism
05-29-2012, 04:27 PM
What is it about commentators, female wrestlers and animals.

Booker keeps going quack quack every so often, Taz in TNA keeps letting pigeons loose and Jerry could have started a kennel with all the puppies he's mentioned through the years.......... cant they just, you know, say the part of the woman they're perving over instead of making it sound like spring watch?

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 04:30 PM
What is it about commentators, female wrestlers and animals.

Booker keeps going quack quack every so often, Taz in TNA keeps letting pigeons loose and Jerry could have started a kennel with all the puppies he's mentioned through the years.......... cant they just, you know, say the part of the woman they're perving over instead of making it sound like spring watch?

but then the parents get upset because God Forbid their kid actually learn that boys and girls have different parts.

magglis
05-29-2012, 04:31 PM
I hate it when they say"i never saw anything like that before"and we are watching shit like that every day

Cynicism
05-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Instead they get their kid shouting "Let the pigeons loose" when they see a waitress picking up a dropped fork in a diner?

(I tried to put in yank words in that but it's fairly obvious I'm a Brit still right?)

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Trying to sell a water bottle as a serious weapon (like equivalent to a brick)
I've been hit with a water bottle, it wasn't fun but it managed not to knock me unconscious somehow, in fact, I didn't even fall down.
Glad they stopped it, but I almost pissed myself laughing when Truth hit Morrison with the bottle and the commentary team was acting like he just got shot.

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Instead they get their kid shouting "Let the pigeons loose" when they see a waitress picking up a dropped fork in a diner?

(I tried to put in yank words in that but it's fairly obvious I'm a Brit still right?)

that was fairly americanized, could have used some more goddamn fucking swearing though

monctonvike
05-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Howdy y'all, I was watching Raw today, having recorded it so I could fast forward through the Big Slow, and I heard a phrase that always annoys me. "I just cant put into words". This time I wanted to scream at the TV "You're an announcer, you're paid to put things into words, cant you at least fucking try?" as Jerry proceeded to remind me that he cant actually do his job.

What phrases do they use that annoy you?

I don't blame them for doing it. However I hate the monday night raw after wrestlemania every year. I hear stuff like " ya know that might go down as the greatest wrestlemania of all time" ect ect no matter how good or bad it was

Again i don't blame them for doing it but it just irks me. Couldn't they just say it was really great?

colinho
05-29-2012, 04:53 PM
When michael cole says- "some people are calling this the biggest...in the history of the WWE"

Erm, not some people Michael, you, just you are saying this. We all know its not!

Cynicism
05-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Now that's not fair, if Michael's saying it then Vince is saying it in his ear so two people are saying it. Not just one person.

So I guess if Michael wanted to be spot on he'd say "A couple of people are calling this the biggest exaggeration in the history of the WWE"

imswm
05-29-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm officially on the record for hating the use of "each and every"--Uh, isn't one basically the same as the other? That was a rhetorical question, not a request for an English Major to explain the different nuances. Besides, you KNOW it's being used in promos just because "all the other wrestlers use it," just like the annoying habit of adding the count to the end of phrases like "I'm going to beat you right in the center of this ring, one, two, three."

Oh, and "my ring" sounds remarkably arrogant for a babyface--which is probably why it was no surprise to hear Punk use it just last night.

Androo
05-29-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm officially on the record for hating the use of "each and every"--Uh, isn't one basically the same as the other? That was a rhetorical question, not a request for an English Major to explain the different nuances. Besides, you KNOW it's being used in promos just because "all the other wrestlers use it," just like the annoying habit of adding the count to the end of phrases like "I'm going to beat you right in the center of this ring, one, two, three."

Oh, and "my ring" sounds remarkably arrogant for a babyface--which is probably why it was no surprise to hear Punk use it just last night.

"But, you see, the fact of the matter is..."

No_1eddiefan
05-29-2012, 05:03 PM

This is pure gold.

Cynicism
05-29-2012, 05:13 PM
"Get out of my ring" always makes me think that the wrestler is trying to discourage unwanted attention which I am guessing is not what they're trying to say

Amerinaine
05-29-2012, 05:22 PM
"I can't believe what I just saw!" One, that isn't even grammatically correct. It should be "I can't believe what I have just seen!" and two, you had just witnessed it. Believe it. The stuff that they can't believe is almost to predictable. Guy picks up chair. Chair is probably gonna be used. Simple.

82Tucker
05-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Here's another one we haven't heard for a while but heard it a few many times already "Here is your winner and the new WWE Champion Jooooooooooohhhhhhnnnnnnn Ccccccccccccccceeeeennnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

HeelTurn
05-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Something that will happen and I know it will, Cena will get his ass handed to him by Big Show, he will try to hit the AA a few times and fail. However he will then pick up Show and hit him with the AA, causing Cole and Lawler to explode with shock and joy like a TNA announcer seeing a former Attitude Era guy debuting. Its happened before, as impressive as it is, he has already AA'd the likes of Khali, Henry, Big Daddy V etc, yet Cole and King will act like its never been done before. Rant over lol

URATOOL
05-29-2012, 05:30 PM
At least we no long have "Can I have your attention please. I've just received an email from the anonymous Raw General Manager......And I quote....".

URATOOL
05-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Something that will happen and I know it will, Cena will get his ass handed to him by Big Show, he will try to hit the AA a few times and fail. However he will then pick up Show and hit him with the AA, causing Cole and Lawler to explode with shock and joy like a TNA announcer seeing a former Attitude Era guy debuting. Its happened before, as impressive as it is, he has already AA'd the likes of Khali, Henry, Big Daddy V etc, yet Cole and King will act like its never been done before. Rant over lol

Don't forget Henry and Big Show being the first to break a ring with a superplex....... NOT!

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 05:48 PM
This is pure gold.

I demand answers!!!

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 05:49 PM

Damn I love your signature....

anyway, the last time Cena impressed me with an AA was when he had both Show and Edge, after that I pretty much assumed he could lift anyone he damn well pleased.

Y2JLionsault
05-29-2012, 06:47 PM
"and the RKO out of nowhere!!" we all knew it was coming -_-

Amerinaine
05-29-2012, 06:58 PM
"and the RKO out of nowhere!!" we all knew it was coming -_-

To be fair, sometimes, you can't see it coming. Most of the time you can, but not always, so I let that one slide. (Before anyone says Orton Mark, yes I am. So what is it to you.)

Murphdogg4
05-29-2012, 08:09 PM
"WWE universe" I still HATE hearing that phrase..makes me cringe every last time they use it.

Keith Stone
05-29-2012, 08:24 PM
I just hate the recapping of shit over and over like you never watched what happened last week or two minutes ago they spend most of the show recapping in the Wrestler inring promos, backstage interviews, and even when they show the commentators recapping it's very annoying. Man I miss Bobby Hennan

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 08:27 PM
I just hate the recapping of shit over and over like you never watched what happened last week or two minutes ago they spend most of the show recapping in the Wrestler inring promos, backstage interviews, and even when they show the commentators recapping it's very annoying. Man I miss Bobby Hennan

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/107/432/i_hug_that_feel.png

THE HEARTBREAK KID
05-29-2012, 08:30 PM
"Vintage"

and a recent one

This^^

That shit was annoying.

latinoheat928
05-29-2012, 08:53 PM
when someone would hit their finisher, and go for the cover, but the guy would kick out, and the announcers would say something along the lines of, "I dont think anyones ever kicked out of (insert move)", its like i can probably name at least 3 times someone has before, perfect example, as you guys have mentioned, John Cena's AA, like he hits it, cover, kick out, i dont think anyone's ever kicked out of the AA before. BS it's happened multiple times, mainly in big match situations, but dont act like the move is so deadly that it's never been kicked out before cause i believe every so called finishing move has been kicked out of at least once in history

bartish2
05-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Here's another one we haven't heard for a while but heard it a few many times already "Here is your winner and the new WWE Champion Jooooooooooohhhhhhnnnnnnn Ccccccccccccccceeeeennnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"
^ this lmfao and practically everything said on this thread... its annoying when they do it all every week and treat us like we are stupid. i think the thing that bothers me the most is they keep showing replays of the same thing ALL NIGHT like we didnt fucking see it earlier in the night or the other 400 times you showed the replay & then they say "I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE" please we see it all the time, or they say THIS IS THE DARKEST DAY IN WWE HISTORY/BIGGEST MOVE IN WWE HISTORY(big show & mark henry breaking the ring cole"I have nevwr seen this lol" brock lesnar vs big show anyone? Or perhaps the fact they keep talking about other things during other matches like talking about lesnar vs cena during the pre-show before extreme rules... maybe if the announcers actually showed that the us belt matters they wouldnt be on the preshow... stop degrading the credibility of the matches by talking about other matches when there is one going on, talk about the damn match... nobody cares about other shit when its coming later in the night. I know they are trying to do their job but come on most of the shit doesn't even make sense, it makes them look like fucking idiots (example-cole and ross calls him great lol) & the wwe universe is NOT as gullable as they think (besides the kids), of course they need to make the moment feel great not as a number 2 thing but seriously come on when you ignore your past just to keep your scripts relevant that is pathetic.

scribbler_jones
05-29-2012, 10:22 PM
For me, one is "house of fire." Haven't heard it recently, but... what the fuck IS a "house of fire"? How do you hit the ring or come off a tag like a "house of fire"?

SESAfro
05-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Really I thought he said it last week!? Maybe I'm just hearing things.
All the boobs you look at is getting to you.

I can say that I miss hearing "Slobber Knocker" but I can be happy every time I hear "With the greatest of eeeeeeease!"

Robstar
05-29-2012, 11:30 PM
All the boobs you look at is getting to you.

I can say that I miss hearing "Slobber Knocker" but I can be happy every time I hear "With the greatest of eeeeeeease!"

Yep^^^^too many boobs. If there is such a thing.

ELNIOJR
05-30-2012, 07:55 AM
When Cena is getting BOOED and Jerry says its "MIXED REACTION". Ugh!

ELNIOJR
05-30-2012, 08:06 AM

The SMILE on Josh Mattews face, and the EMPHASIS that he put no when introducing JOHN CENA. That is CLOSE to a HANDJOB!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgRY8lPgcX8

Jerichoholic-NL
05-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Cole always said something like this

''...will (a wrestler) capitalize?''

K2Jelly
05-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Cole always said something like this

''...will (a wrestler) capitalize?''

That too.

"Gee. A match that isn't a squash match. I wonder if the opponent of an even sided match will capitalize?" :rolleyes:

johnnydropkicks
05-30-2012, 02:45 PM
yeah cole's saying that thing is the darkest day stuff pissed me off too. it struck me as amateurish something I'd expect out of josh matthews. for that to be true, big show, tensai, and brock all have to start just dominating everything. they're off to a good start though with show ending brodus's streak that was some commitment right there. we need more backstage segments with tensai and brock slamming people.

johnnydropkicks
05-30-2012, 02:47 PM
youbetterfuckingivemcapitals
AND STING COMES IN TO SAVE US FROM BROCK AND TENSAI AND BIG SHOW AND WHOEVER ELSE JOHNNY HAS ADDED

Amerinaine
05-31-2012, 02:06 AM
yeah cole's saying that thing is the darkest day stuff pissed me off too. it struck me as amateurish something I'd expect out of josh matthews. for that to be true, big show, tensai, and brock all have to start just dominating everything. they're off to a good start though with show ending brodus's streak that was some commitment right there. we need more backstage segments with tensai and brock slamming people.

Usually, people are praising Josh Matthews and bashing Cole. Hmmmm, not often you see a double bashing of announcers. (Not bashing per se but definitely not kind words all the same.)