PDA

View Full Version : When Should Cena Be The WWE Champion Again?

K2Jelly
05-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Since October 2, 2011, the WWE Championship has been out of John Cena's grasp. That's nearly 8 months as of today. With Cena being the face of the company, it's pretty obvious he's going to have a shot at the brass ring at some point. My question to you all is what point would you like to see Cena be WWE Champion again?

82Tucker
05-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Sometime in 2013 if at all.

Tommy Thunder
05-29-2012, 12:37 PM
I voted in a year. I think he'll win the WWe Championship at Wrestlemania 29.

But in reality, it all depends on who takes the title off Punk and if they will be a good heel champ. If not, then I'm sure WWE will take it off that guy and give it back to Cena, which could happen sooner rather than later.

ihearvoices
05-29-2012, 12:53 PM
It all depends on what's WWE's plan for Cena when it comes to WM29. If he's going to go against the Rock again I see Cena winning the Championship sometime between Survivor Series & Royal Rumble. If Cena is going to facing taker at WM29 then i see Cena winning the Championship sometime around SummerSlam. I really don't see this year passing by without Cena getting atleast 1 title run. CM punk needs to drop the championship and show he can still draw the big numbers without the championship surrounding him and unless Bryan is due for a major WWE Championship run I don't see WWE putting the title on no one but Cena outside of Punk

akbar
05-29-2012, 12:55 PM
When should? Never...
When would? In about a years time...

Amerinaine
05-29-2012, 01:35 PM
I said in a year. Let Cena win it back from Punk. Let Punk have a full years reign. Let's face it, it would be about time they let someone hold the strap for a huge length of time. Punk is the guy they should do it with.

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Probably as soon as the whole Johnny Ace/Cena/Lesnar/Big Show/Triple H/Partridge in a pear tree storyline is done. He's gonna get beat up a lot during all of that, so getting the belt back after would immediately re-raise his profile (If there is any real risk of it slipping)

TheDevilsAdvocate
05-29-2012, 01:53 PM
John Cena is beyond Championships. He's at a point in his career where his presence alone is enough.

Cabers
05-29-2012, 02:27 PM
He has won it enough times already he should challenge Ryder for the Internet Championship!! Anything to keep him from becoming "Were here talking to John Cena a former 30-time WWE Champion"...

CM Rock-Austin
05-29-2012, 03:14 PM
I said 3-6 months because I have a feeling he will win it sometime around summerslam or survivor series then lose it at the next ppv or the one after by someone interfering and then feud with them.

Mikeyboy7777777
05-29-2012, 03:34 PM
it wouldn't add anything to the prestige of the belt nor to cena so i don't see why he should? it's not like you are the man when you hold the belt either because that is either john cena or randy orton not sheamus & cm punk like it should which saddens me.

PSOjedi
05-29-2012, 04:40 PM
At Wrestlemania, next year. Not before.
+ heel turn
+ A solid 6 months reign as a heel

Robstar
05-29-2012, 04:58 PM
I chose a year but I truly believe the best way to go would have him beating The Rock at WM29 for the title. Sue me but I reckon he needs to get that win back

HeelTurn
05-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Cena winning the title would be like Triple H regaining the title. Cena is bigger than the title, hell in the title hierarchy it goes Cena match, WWE, World, IC, US. Therefore IMO he doesnt need it, but I see him getting it before the year is out all ready for Mania.

Cynicism
05-29-2012, 05:33 PM
I chose a year but I truly believe the best way to go would have him beating The Rock at WM29 for the title. Sue me but I reckon he needs to get that win back

I agree with this. As much as I don't rate the character of Cena him not getting the win back would put Rock in the Hogan camp of headlining. The trading of victories is a tradition and it makes sense that the future of the company gets the second one while the legend had the first one, also if Rock is holding the champ at some point they'd need to bring it back and do they really want to give someone other than their top face that victory?

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 05:56 PM
it wouldn't add anything to the prestige of the belt nor to cena so i don't see why he should? it's not like you are the man when you hold the belt either because that is either john cena or randy orton not sheamus & cm punk like it should which saddens me.

Punk is the cover of the new WWE game, how is he not the man right now?

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 05:57 PM

I like this idea, if the two never meet again I will honestly be a bit pissed that the returning legend went over arguably, the main guy

steveorton
05-29-2012, 06:55 PM
In about 5 months

Haruko Haruhara
05-29-2012, 07:13 PM
I think he will have it back once punk becomes a duel champion and has to defend both at a ppv. So he would lose like the WWE and still be IC champ.

Keith Stone
05-29-2012, 07:54 PM
He should hold the US title because the title hasn't been relevant in years and he can bring back the spinning US title too

THE HEARTBREAK KID
05-29-2012, 08:09 PM
A few months before Mania!

I have a feeling it will be.. Rock vs Cena for the WWE title at this years Wrestlemania! Cena will also win this time.

JSullivan
05-29-2012, 08:10 PM
He's had 12 World title runs.

Even if he holds the belt once a year for the rest of his career for a 3 month period or something, then He'll have more World Title runs than Ric Flair.

He's set for life. Others need a chance.

Taneel
05-29-2012, 09:03 PM
He should be drafted to Smackdown and win the World Heavyweight Championship instead. That would make Smackdown more relevant because, let's face it, Cena = relevancy.

Y2JLionsault
05-29-2012, 09:15 PM
I said a year. And it's not his fault he is a 13 time world champ already, that's on the WWE and their shitty booking. If they gave him a decent reign length and were able to continue one of his feuds without him losing the title and winning it back, then maybe he wouldn't have so many. But the WWE can't do shit right. Allof those reigns that Cena had were short because they kept taking it off then putting it back on him.

bartish2
05-29-2012, 09:49 PM
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! He has had wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many already and especially in a short period... what a freaking joke! By this rate, he will be a 50 time champion when he retires lmfao... just please never again... it is a disgrace that he has won already what is it 12 or 13 wwe belts in a span of 7 years? If he ever passes ric flair then wrestling is officially dead. He should be taken out of the main event as well, I dont give a rats ass about cena, he is over rated and spoiled too much... he is boring as hell & it is time he stepped aside for another star to take the reigns example... cm punk... he puts on 5 star matches, he is interesting on the mic and he is not shoven down your throats so he is not annoying yet. Lets face it, cena is not the main event anymore Plus they are choosing a new face of the company, time to fuck off he time is not now, his time is up and if he ever makes it into the HOF that will be a bloody joke,

LetsStopHating
05-29-2012, 11:04 PM
I wonder what Cena did to make you so mad but he will be in the HOF because he deserves it.

bartish2
05-29-2012, 11:09 PM
I wonder what Cena did to make you so mad but he will be in the HOF because he deserves it.
how is being over booked mean deserving hall of fame? he is boring as hell, same promos. same stale in ring work and he is only there to please kids because they are gullible. Majority of fans hate him & he is a face meaning he is failing at his job. He is NOT worthy of hall of fame at all, the day it is announced is the day HOF becomes useless and is a slap in the face to everyone in it & not in it that is worthy. It would be more of a joke than Drew Carey being inducted into the hall of fame. Cena ruined wrestling.

Mikeyboy7777777
05-30-2012, 04:36 AM
Punk is the cover of the new WWE game, how is he not the man right now?

orton was on the cover of wwe 12 does that make him the man? no it doesn't cena is still the man because if he wasn't why is he always at ppv's in the main event? and is he more importatn to showcase than their main event titles? that's a bit my point

mrworld86
05-30-2012, 06:15 AM

Cena should only be champ as a heel or 2 days after the end of humanity.

ELNIOJR
05-30-2012, 08:29 AM
When Should Cena Be The WWE Champion Again?

http://depressionandcreativity.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/I-dont-want-to-talk.jpg

Jerichoholic-NL
05-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Never.

But sure before he finally retires someday he will ge 1 or 2 Title reigns :(

TomJarvis100
05-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Win it off Bryan at TLC.Defend it vs Punk with Austin Special Ref at Rumble(this will set up austin/punk at mania).Rock wins the rumble.Rock chooses the WWE title.At EC have cena defend vs Lesnar,Punk,Bryan,Jericho,Big Show.Last 5 mins is Cena vs Lesnar and Lesnar wins setting up Rock vs Brock at Mania.Then next night Cena is asking for a rematch when Undertaker comes out and challenges him for mania.

Steve Austin
05-30-2012, 03:44 PM
I'd say about 3-6 months if Punk still has it. I'm not a fan of lengthy title reigns.

I wanna see someone get to 20 world title reigns and Cena is the only one who is close that is still likely to win a title.

The Hit Man
05-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Putting the title on Cena should be WWE's last resort if all other options fail. He's had 13 World Title reigns in the space of 7 years. That is far too excessive. I don't mind him drifting in and out of the World Title picture from time to time but he really doesn't need the title and it should be time for young talent to step up. After WrestleMania 29 once he's finished feuding with Rock, Brock or Taker (none of these guys should touch the title either) , he should move on to putting over some younger talent and once there's a solid main event scene in place with guys like Rhodes, Ziggler, Bryan and Barrett then they should give him time off for 6 months to a year. Then once he comes back, he can be considered as a possible candidate for WWE Champion.

Michaels spent the last 8 years of his career without a World Title reign, it's not that hard.

Poot-Hair
05-31-2012, 07:37 AM
Let's face it guys, Cena sells. Not in the ring of course but he sells. That is why he is the face of the company, that is why he'll continue to be the face of the company. The kids love him, the kids eat up everything he says and in return buy LOTS and lots of merchandise.

As a result of this, he's put on TV...alot. Also as a result of this he's given the belt more often than he needs. I personally don't think he should have half the reigns he does but as I previously stated, he's a favorite amongst the WWE's key demographics that they go for.

Do I want him to have the belt again? Not for a long long time but do I think he'll be given the belt again....a most definite yes. By this time next year he'll be champ again bank on it. My vote however, is "shortly before he retires"

Automatic
05-31-2012, 08:06 AM
As soon as fucking possible. If Cena is closing the shows, why bother making someone else champion? You're only devaluating the title.

Grind_Bastard
05-31-2012, 10:48 AM
Not before SummerSlam, please. Let D-Bry and Punk feud for the belt until then.

I'd rather not give the belt to Cena in the short term, but he sells, as it has been stated. I see him champ before the year ends.

LuckIsForLosers
05-31-2012, 06:26 PM
Hopefully John Cena will get the belt in Summerslam next year. Two wrestlers from TNA, Robert Roode and Samoa Joe, will randomly turn up on WWE TV in the weeks leading up to Summerslam 2013. They'll push around Jerry The King and Michael Cole and eventually broker a match - them and their surprise partner vs 3 of Vince's best guys.

At Summerslam the 3rd guy mysteriously won't be there and it will be Roode/Joe vs Dolph Ziggler/Cody Rhodes/Ryback (who will get injured during the match). Then Cena will run down to the ring in his new multicoloured t shirt and ....... clothesline - no, shoulder tackle - Ziggler and hit him with the five knuckle shuffle 2 or 3 times. Then FU Cody. And pin him.

Next week he'll challenge the new "giant" Matt Morgan for the WWE Title and win, starting the new biggest and most iconic stable in professional wrestling - the cWo - which stands for "Cena Went Over" - he'll break the hearts of all of those kids who he told to Rise Above Hate and Never Give Up - and as the crowd throw toilet roll and soda cartons at him, he'll yell out "The CHAMMP IS HEERREEE!"

And also by this point Linda McMahon will be set to become the first female President of the US, HHH's nose will shrink, Kurt Angle will forget how to wrestle, Hornswoggle will be fired, William Regal will be wrestling a singles match on Raw live which he will win, Hulk Hogan will have left TNA, Lord Tensai will have a neck and Randy Orton will be fired for his 29th Wellness violation.

Really though - I'm sure he'll have it around Fall and drop it to Lesnar in January or something. Hopefully Ric Flair dies before Cena reaches 16.

dub
06-11-2012, 11:56 AM
His time is up... Punks time is now, now, now.......

SilverGhost
06-11-2012, 03:56 PM
John Cena is beyond Championships. He's at a point in his career where his presence alone is enough.

Basically this. He doesn't need the WWE Championship anymore.