PDA

View Full Version : favorite debuts and returns

WoodenBulldozer
11-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Either for TNA, WCW, ECW or WWF/WWE what was your favorite debut/return?

1.HHH returns in 2002 from surgery
2. The Rock returns and joins team WWF against the alliance
3. Jericho's WWF debut

Also, was there any debut/return that you think the company dropped the ball on?
1. When Jeff Hardy returned to WWE and challenged Edge seemed to be disappointing
2. Christian's return to WWE on ECW. Obviously WWE didnt see him being important enough to debut on a real show
3. Shawn Michaels' final return to DX. Ehhh...

Bodom
11-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Wasn't there already a thread for this? Or am I losing my mind?

WoodenBulldozer
11-08-2010, 05:44 PM
favorite debuts/returns round 2

disguisedblender
11-08-2010, 05:45 PM
triple h's return at summerslam 07 was exciting. for me at least. when taz debuted i was disappointed because the undertaker was out and i thought that was him returning. but taker coming out as the biker was surprising.

Bodom
11-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Woooo! Round 2!

Recent would have to be Danielsons return to the company.

wretlingrock392
11-08-2010, 05:52 PM
how about when goldberg debuted in the wwe in 2003

Bodom
11-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Was never a Goldberg fan so I didn't care when he showed up

johnadah
11-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Jericho's WWF debut was definitely great. The return was predictable, but still very well done as the save.us videos recreated the millenium clock idea.

Undertaker's SummerSlam return after CM Punk defeated Jeff Hardy was pretty great. Even though everyone knew 'Taker was returning, it was pretty awesome how they slipped Hardy out of the ring and slipped 'Taker in under Punk.

Even though he hadn't been absent from the company, Sting's return to the ring against Hogan at Starcade was well done. The match certainly could have been better. But I remember, as a child of 11 years, I was in awe of the laser show at the beginning of Sting's entrance.

As far as disappointing returns and debuts, TNA could have done a much better job with Jeff Hardy's debut, although the X-Division title match against AJ was good. They could have also done a much better job with RVD's debut. Especially since it was for a match against Sting. For that matter, WWF could have done a much better job with RVD's debut as well.

Bodom
11-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Taz's "4:20" comment before RVD debuted was pretty corny and a head scratcher

johnadah
11-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Taz's "4:20" comment before RVD debuted was pretty corny and a head scratcher

When RVD was listing the reasons that people don't like him after winning the strap on Impact!, I was very surprised that TNA let him get away with saying "some people don't understand my love of mother earth's finest." I couldn't believe they allowed a deliberate drug reference on their programming.

Bodom
11-08-2010, 06:38 PM
When RVD was listing the reasons that people don't like him after winning the strap on Impact!, I was very surprised that TNA let him get away with saying "some people don't understand my love of mother earth's finest." I couldn't believe they allowed a deliberate drug reference on their programming.

This is the same company that features a person who kidnaps people and drags them to his rape lair.

It's not surprising.

BevinBoyz
11-08-2010, 06:42 PM
i honestly liked the HBK return to the nWo with Big Kev's announcement ^_^

Robstar
11-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Bob Backlund returning to compete in WWE. Not earth shattering by any means but very surprising nonetheless

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-08-2010, 06:56 PM
This is the same company that features a person who kidnaps people and drags them to his rape lair.

It's not surprising.

Bodom I think your forgetting the worst thing ever in TNA history. Here it is, its around the 2.05 mark, all I have to say is WTF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3FRGwHX3dI

that isn't rasslin, that's called a threat with a deadly weapon, way to go TNA, lets all support people who put shanks up to peoples throat. I think that's a mandatory sentence of 2-5 years.

Rich Cranium
11-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Fav return: Stone cold being called out by CM Punk. Oh wait, damn it, it was only his music.

maddogg336
11-08-2010, 07:30 PM
favorite debuts/returns round 2

Not everybody have been on this site there whole life

TNA 'The very best'
11-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Golddust back after his TNA stint,. why has no one mentioned this.

shanethewolf
11-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Jericho's WWF debut is by far the best ever in my opinion...the countdown, the music, gave me chills.

Angle's debut in TNA was amazing too.

Taz's debut in WWF was another great moment and a really amazing match with Angle.

Kevin Nash's debut in WCW was legendary.

shanethewolf
11-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Am I the only one who loved this debut...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7RLzLXDsAI

Well, the entrance part anyway. I didn't think much of the shoot afterwards as I've always found Dustin a very boring character without his gimmicks.

Rich Cranium
11-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Jericho's WWF debut is by far the best ever in my opinion...the countdown, the music, gave me chills.

Angle's debut in TNA was amazing too.

Taz's debut in WWF was another great moment and a really amazing match with Angle.

Kevin Nash's debut in WCW was legendary.

Jericho's debut was cool. I liked both the y2j and save us comebacks

ToWhomItConcerns.
11-08-2010, 07:59 PM
i still lol whenever someone says Jerichos return was predictible...maybe the reason why it was so predictible was because every dirtsheet online was reporting it.

anyways...my personal favorite debuts/returns (in no order)
Undertaker in 2000. i loved the ABA gimmick at first...then it started to suck
HBK in 2002. was a huge HBK mark and wished for 4+ years to see 1 more match with him.
Jericho in 1999...amazing.

EDIT:
damn i forgot about Nash's return/re-debut in WCW in '96...Hall's was great too.

Bodom
11-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Not everybody have been on this site there whole life

All 3 months of its existence?

SaberToothTigerz
11-08-2010, 08:09 PM
and i wonder how jericho 3rd comeback will be

AndyWonder
11-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Favortie returns:
Every time Kane makes a return with the sudden pyro burst at the top of the ramp each time, I get into that.
Shawn Michaels' return during Randy Orton's WWE title ceremony (October 2007 RAW) with him in the ring and the rest of the roster at top of ramp watching.
Ric Flair's return 2001.
Undertaker's "dead man" return Wrestlemania 20.
Batista's return the night after Wrestlemania 25.
The Rock's return to RAW after No Way Out 2003, with the long drawn out music.

Favorite debuts:
Chris Masters
MNM
Goldberg
Big Show

CMhuw24
11-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Edges return at 2010 royal rumble was nice.
And if it wasent for the leak Daniel Bryans at summerslam wouldve been up there for me.

Necroyeti
11-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Bryan Danielson's return to the indies after being future endeavored from WWE (Chikara's We Must Eat Michigan's Brain) was fuckin' glorious. The fans threw neckties into the ring instead of streamers, it was such a tieriffic moment.

johnadah
11-08-2010, 09:40 PM

Agreed. I can't think of any debut that had the build up and suspense of Jericho's. Not to mention interrupting the Rock. The FREAKIN' ROCK! That's one heck of an entrance to make.

Scottland
11-08-2010, 09:55 PM
As for returns:

-The Rock's return in 2002 just after the week Austin walked on WWE. That got such a huge ovation (I mean that place went blastic) & the promo The Rock delivered that night is arguably one of the best ever.

-Triple H's return in 2002 at MSG. That was the loudest pop Triple H ever recieved.

-The Rock's return in 2003 when he had to choose between Vince's WWE or Shane & Steph's WCW/ECW.

-Stone Cold Steve Austin's return on RAW to help lead WWE against the Alliance.

-Shawn Michaels' returns after a 4 year absense.

-Stone Cold Steve Austin's return at Backlash.

I'm sure there are more but at the moment that's all I can think of.

As for debuts:

Chris Jericho's first debut during a The Rock's promo. I loved when The Rock said "Who in the blue hell are you?" Jericho says "I'm..." Rock interrupts & says "It's doesn't matter what your name is". That was priceless. Hell, it put Jericho on the map with that debut.

johnadah
11-08-2010, 09:57 PM
i still lol whenever someone says Jerichos return was predictible...maybe the reason why it was so predictible was because every dirtsheet online was reporting it.

I say this with 100% honesty: I'm 24 years old and I never even knew what "dirt sheet" sites or insider sites were until last summer. Other than having run an advertising business online from '02 to '07, I hardly used the internet for anything. Last year, I was at Walmart and saw an issue of Pro Wrestling Illustrated that said it had an interview with Sting about the fact that he planned on retiring by the end of the year. I didn't have time to read it there or have extra cash to spare, so I went home, pulled up Google and searched for the article online. The first search result pulled up a link to PWInsider.com. All I saw was PWI and I thought it was the same as the magazine. That was my introduction to "dirt sheets."

The Jericho return was predictable because it mirrored his original debut.

Bodom
11-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Meh, I was just happy Jericho came back.

Necroyeti
11-08-2010, 10:36 PM
All this Jericho talk reminded me of a positive memory from WCW: that one time in 1998 when Dean Malenko returned as a masked wrestler, won a battle royal, unmasked then beat Chris Jericho for the cruiserweight title.

The crowd made it more special than it probably was, (WCW crowds were always pretty awesome IIRC) and a truly LOLWCW moment followed in the weeks afterwards, (Malenko was stripped of the title because "Dean Malenko" didn't win the battle royal) but it was still a pretty big markout moment for me when I was growing up.

Daniel Bryan
11-09-2010, 12:38 AM
All 3 months of its existence?

lmao ive been comin to this website for over a year now

Bodom
11-09-2010, 12:40 AM
lmao ive been comin to this website for over a year now

And i'v been coming to this site for at least 5 years.

This forum has only been up for 3 months

TheMadThinker
11-09-2010, 12:50 AM
To this day I believe WWE dropped the ball when they brought in Eric Bischoff. The confrontations between McMahon and Bischoff should have been epic stuff considering how close he came to putting Vince out of Business. I think Vince's ego was too great to allow a storyline where Bischoff was viewed as a legitimate threat to McMahon's position.

SaberToothTigerz
11-09-2010, 06:39 AM
To this day I believe WWE dropped the ball when they brought in Eric Bischoff. The confrontations between McMahon and Bischoff should have been epic stuff considering how close he came to putting Vince out of Business. I think Vince's ego was too great to allow a storyline where Bischoff was viewed as a legitimate threat to McMahon's position.

I hate bischoff with all my being
not the heel kind of hatred but the go away kind of hate towards the son of a bitch.

tommy1983
11-09-2010, 11:16 AM

It's not surprising.

I missed something here, who we talking about???

Kinda get the feeling u are dead against TNA no matter what kinda product they are gonna put out yeah????