PDA

View Full Version : Sin Cara

dub
05-29-2012, 09:44 AM
What's goin on EWN. Just wanted to talk a lil bit about Sin Caras return... I know that this is a guy who botched quite a bit (some his fault some his opponents fault some of it was just trying to get adjusted to the WWE "style") But whatever the case may be... I find myself looking forward to his return. I miss the power ranger attire and the "GETTING CAUGHT UP IN THE LIGHTS!" moments (Booker voice) To me he brings something very different to the WWE. But I think I might be one of the very few fans that is looking forward to him returning. But enough of me talking tell me what you guys think about him returning? How would you work him back into the mix?

Mr Punk
05-29-2012, 10:03 AM
I see the Sin Cara and Hunico fued still continuing cause there was how you call it "unfinished buisness" before Sin Cara's injury.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
05-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Yeah I'm looking forward too having him back..
I really hope this time he can settle and show the WWE Universe the talent he has. :) Really do wish him well and hope he can prove the doubters wrong.

I can also see him finishing the feud with Hunico!

Keith Stone
05-29-2012, 10:40 AM
As long as he occasionally wrestles Daniel Bryan, then I'll be fine with it. That's about one of the only people that he can wrestle with in the WWE.

Dameduse823
05-29-2012, 10:42 AM
I wasn't really a fan of his before, none of his matches were all that impressive and I don't think he lived up to the hype they gave him. That being said I am happy to see him back from his injury and I hope he's had some time to get more accustomed to WWEs style. Despite being unimpressed I do agree with alot of people that if he gets used to the wwe style he could be the guy who replaces Mysterio when he finally retires

jelle1809
05-29-2012, 11:17 AM
What's goin on EWN. Just wanted to talk a lil bit about Sin Caras return... I know that this is a guy who botched quite a bit (some his fault some his opponents fault some of it was just trying to get adjusted to the WWE "style") But whatever the case may be... I find myself looking forward to his return. I miss the power ranger attire and the "GETTING CAUGHT UP IN THE LIGHTS!" moments (Booker voice) To me he brings something very different to the WWE. (1) But I think I might be one of the very few fans that is looking forward to him returning. But enough of me talking tell me what you guys think about him returning? (2) How would you work him back into the mix?

1. You're not alone. I also look forward to seeing him back in action.
2. Put him first against Hunico (because of the unfinished bussines they had) and afterwards either put him together with Rey Mysterio or against Mysterio for a match at a Big Four PPV: SummerSlam or Survivor Series or even if the 'E wants to stretch it out Wrestlemania.

I say teaming with Mysterio because he can learn a lot of WWE 'style' from Mysterio. Let him manage Sin Cara or put the together as a tag team.
As for the match against Mysterio. Let it be to put Cara over as 'the replacement of Rey Mysterio' so that the little man can go retire while he has the legs to do so.

johnnydropkicks
05-29-2012, 11:29 AM
yay sin cara. difficult not to check the spoilers this week. dammit why can't SD be live too.

Tommy Thunder
05-29-2012, 11:34 AM
I see the Sin Cara and Hunico fued still continuing cause there was how you call it "unfinished buisness" before Sin Cara's injury.

This.

So far, Hunico is the only man in WWE that has had a good match with Cara. I was disappointed when their feud was cut short by the injury. Hunico hasn't been doing anything of note since then. He's had a minor feud with Ted DiBiase and that's about it. Hunico's much more talented and deserves better than that.
Although it's obvious that Cara will go over if they do continue with the feud, at least we should get some good lucha matches between both.

dub
05-29-2012, 12:02 PM
His entrance is off the hook and hopefully he shed a few pounds so he can be his quicker than lightning self again. He's still fast but when he was wrestling in Mexico at like 180-190 lbs he was MUCH faster.

Cabers
05-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Never really got into Sin Cara, other than the *boing* flip ring entrance that was kind of it!

The Expendable
05-29-2012, 03:37 PM
I've been waiting for that return for a long time so I think I won't read the spoilers tonight and I'll be watching live Friday

Robstar
05-29-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm looking forward to his return. I'm hoping they get it right this time and don't Kaval him. Plus he's on my Uraleague team so, there's that.

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 03:49 PM
1. You're not alone. I also look forward to seeing him back in action.
2. Put him first against Hunico (because of the unfinished bussines they had) and afterwards either put him together with Rey Mysterio or against Mysterio for a match at a Big Four PPV: SummerSlam or Survivor Series or even if the 'E wants to stretch it out Wrestlemania.

I say teaming with Mysterio because he can learn a lot of WWE 'style' from Mysterio. Let him manage Sin Cara or put the together as a tag team.
As for the match against Mysterio. Let it be to put Cara over as 'the replacement of Rey Mysterio' so that the little man can go retire while he has the legs to do so.

I have been wanting this for some time now.
There is no reason not to have Mysterio work with Sin Cara (especially like a mentor/protege deal) Especially if they still want him to be Mysterio's replacement when his knees finally completely give out.

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 03:53 PM
His entrance is off the hook and hopefully he shed a few pounds so he can be his quicker than lightning self again. He's still fast but when he was wrestling in Mexico at like 180-190 lbs he was MUCH faster.

yeah, Mistico was just all-around more awesome. It makes me sad actually to see what became of him in the WWE.

Cynicism
05-29-2012, 05:11 PM
I think if Del Rio was given the OK to let loose then a Del Rio vs Sin Cara feud could be good but I always have the feeling when we see Del Rio we're getting a watered down version of him.

I'd imagine that Christian would probably be able to compete with him, but that's just cause I think Christian is one of those people that brings out good matches.

As much as I like Cara my favourite high flyers have tended to be from Japan you know Ultimo Dragon and Liger being two massive innovators......... love the Asai Moonsault and the Asai DDT. I'd like to buy in to Cara but I cant see him equalling either of those in my book and the E' needs to find someone that can (OK they don't need to but wouldn't it be nice if they did?)

My other thought it what could Tyson Kidd do if they really let him go? Could he and Cara put on 5 star matches? I can't really see many in the E' keeping pace with Cara and if he slows down then he's not as big a draw in my book

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 05:54 PM
I think if Del Rio was given the OK to let loose then a Del Rio vs Sin Cara feud could be good but I always have the feeling when we see Del Rio we're getting a watered down version of him.

I'd imagine that Christian would probably be able to compete with him, but that's just cause I think Christian is one of those people that brings out good matches.

As much as I like Cara my favourite high flyers have tended to be from Japan you know Ultimo Dragon and Liger being two massive innovators......... love the Asai Moonsault and the Asai DDT. I'd like to buy in to Cara but I cant see him equalling either of those in my book and the E' needs to find someone that can (OK they don't need to but wouldn't it be nice if they did?)

My other thought it what could Tyson Kidd do if they really let him go? Could he and Cara put on 5 star matches? I can't really see many in the E' keeping pace with Cara and if he slows down then he's not as big a draw in my book

Yeah, we do
seriously, look up Dos Caras jr. I can easily see why the WWE hired him, just a shame that you can't really see it now.

Tyson Kidd vs Sin Cara could either be totally awesome, or it could be a total clusterfuck at high speed, can't decide which (Which means that they should totally do the match)

steveorton
05-29-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm glad he's returning. I'm eager to see where he's going to fit in SD. Also hope he botches less and has finally learnt some English so he can go on the mic. His character needs dimension.

Keith Stone
05-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah, we do
seriously, look up Dos Caras jr. I can easily see why the WWE hired him, just a shame that you can't really see it now.

Tyson Kidd vs Sin Cara could either be totally awesome, or it could be a total clusterfuck at high speed, can't decide which (Which means that they should totally do the match)

He's already had a match with Tyson Kidd I believe and it was one of his better matches. Guys like Kidd, Daniel Bryan, Primo, and Evan Bourne can handle Sin Cara's high risk style

Honestly if WWE wanted this character to work they to hire Jack Evans from AAA to don the blue power ranger mask and to explain the weight difference, booker T can just say he lost some weight or something since recovering lol

Asherdelampyr
05-29-2012, 07:34 PM
He's already had a match with Tyson Kidd I believe and it was one of his better matches. Guys like Kidd, Daniel Bryan, Primo, and Evan Bourne can handle Sin Cara's high risk style
Perfect fit for the rumored Cruiserweight Show

THE GREAT MATU
05-30-2012, 12:09 AM
I would start by bringing back the SIN CARA DICK shirt

Robstar
05-30-2012, 04:35 AM

What a fuckwit

ELNIOJR
05-30-2012, 07:38 AM
What's goin on EWN. Just wanted to talk a lil bit about Sin Caras return... I know that this is a guy who botched quite a bit (some his fault some his opponents fault some of it was just trying to get adjusted to the WWE "style") But whatever the case may be... I find myself looking forward to his return. I miss the power ranger attire and the "GETTING CAUGHT UP IN THE LIGHTS!" moments (Booker voice) To me he brings something very different to the WWE. But I think I might be one of the very few fans that is looking forward to him returning. But enough of me talking tell me what you guys think about him returning? How would you work him back into the mix?

I agree :D

About the return, you might get some SURPRISES...

ELNIOJR
05-30-2012, 07:42 AM

Vince doesnt like D*ck

http://www.adamriff.com/images/rooster_shirt.jpg

Asherdelampyr
05-30-2012, 08:03 AM

Honestly if WWE wanted this character to work they to hire Jack Evans from AAA to don the blue power ranger mask and to explain the weight difference, booker T can just say he lost some weight or something since recovering lol

I think Sin Cara can do it, he just needs to man up and realize that while lucha is awesome (The best imo) if he wants to work in the US he has to learn the wrestling (And the language) :P

Steve Austin
05-30-2012, 03:48 PM
I can't wait to see him back!

I don't care how many botches he does when he pulls a move off it's damn impressive and it's great to watch.

Tommy Thunder
05-30-2012, 03:50 PM
I can't wait to see him back!

I don't care how many botches he does when he pulls a move off it's damn impressive and it's great to watch.

When he does pull of his moves, yes, he's impressive, but that doesn't make up for the other 50% of the time he botches his moves.
I hope he's shaped up upon his return.

Asherdelampyr
05-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Vince doesnt like D*ck

http://www.adamriff.com/images/rooster_shirt.jpg
I still want one of those shirts.

Steve Austin
05-30-2012, 03:52 PM
When he does pull of his moves, yes, he's impressive, but that doesn't make up for the other 50% of the time he botches his moves.
I hope he's shaped up upon his return.

In fairness to the guy the moves he tries aren't the easiest to pull off and most of them end up looking great anyway, adds some great excitement seeing him perform.

TomJarvis100
05-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Give him the Intercontinental title.The put him into a tag team with Mysterio,they fail to win the tag titles after several attempts.Sin Cara turns on Mysterio at the Rumble by eliminating him then attacks him.Then at Mania Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara

Tommy Thunder
05-30-2012, 03:58 PM
In fairness to the guy the moves he tries aren't the easiest to pull off and most of them end up looking great anyway, adds some great excitement seeing him perform.

We're talking about a guy that's been ranked as high as #3 in the PWI best singles wrestlers, as well as Wrestling Observer's wrestler of the year 2007 and best flying wrestler 06 and 07.
With credentials like that his botching should be minimal to begin with.

Steve Austin
05-30-2012, 04:00 PM
We're talking about a guy that's been ranked as high as #3 in the PWI best singles wrestlers, as well as Wrestling Observer's wrestler of the year 2007 and best flying wrestler 06 and 07.

Possibly...

Still though I'm a big fan and can't wait to see him back!

Tommy Thunder
05-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Possibly...

Still though I'm a big fan and can't wait to see him back!

As am I. I just hope he does better this time round.
And he has no excuse to not be able to speak English this time round. He's had what, 9 months on the sidelines? More than enough time to learn a few words I'm sure.

Steve Austin
05-30-2012, 04:04 PM
And he has no excuse to not be able to speak English this time round. He's had what, 9 months on the sidelines? More than enough time to learn a few words I'm sure.

Yeah that was the thing that disappointed me about him, hopefully he does and hopefully he's able to cut a good promo, love to see him in a good feud with Mysterio.

Asherdelampyr
05-30-2012, 04:05 PM

he's kinda come off (at least to me) as lazy since coming to the WWE. won't learn the language, won't learn the style
Shame too, I loved Mistico.

Tommy Thunder
05-30-2012, 04:11 PM
he's kinda come off (at least to me) as lazy since coming to the WWE. won't learn the language, won't learn the style
Shame too, I loved Mistico.

I get that feeling too.
He's never going to get to the top of WWE as long as he can't speak English. I can't see him going anywhere if he doesn't learn the language to be honest.

VanHooliganX
05-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Just a quick question.

Raise your hand if you've seen at least twice as many matches in Mexico as he has had in WWE?

Hmm...Not many hands :(

Asherdelampyr
05-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Just a quick question.

Raise your hand if you've seen at least twice as many matches in Mexico as he has had in WWE?

*hand*
yeah, I watch a lot of Lucha, or at least I used to

Tommy Thunder
05-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Just a quick question.

*raises hand*

I made a point of checking out his pre-WWE work when I heard he signed.

The Hit Man
05-30-2012, 04:33 PM
I hoped they've scrapped the stupid lighting during his matches. I think a change in style of his mask would help too as he's said before that he struggles too see through it. With those two changes along with time to learn the language and wrestling style he should do pretty well.

Grind_Bastard
05-30-2012, 04:39 PM

Agreed.

I'd like to point another problem Cara has, and that's the lights in his matches. Wearing the kind of mask he wears, you have limited vision, and if you add those dim lights, botches can occur more often. Jushin Liger uses a similar mask, but he wrestles with the full lights on. And with the problems Sin Cara has that are already mentioned, lights are not making him a favor.

Grind_Bastard
05-30-2012, 04:40 PM
I hoped they've scrapped the stupid lighting during his matches. I think a change in style of his mask would help too as he's said before that he struggles too see through it. With those two changes along with time to learn the language and wrestling style he should do pretty well.

I've been Ninja'd big time, LOL.

dub
05-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Perfect fit for the rumored Cruiserweight Show

Cara, Primo, Bourne, Kidd, Kofi, Rey, Bryan, Gabriel, Hunico, Barretta, JTG, Yoshi, Maybe even Slater if he loses a few pounds, and now Alex Shelly... I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT SHOW! (Insert Cruiserweight title)

PSOjedi
06-19-2012, 06:33 AM
Instead of creating a new topic, I up this one ^^

After Sin Cara vs Hunico at No Way Out, I can say just that !

The crowd was DEAD DEAD DEAD since his entrance to his celebration after he won the match !

No Reaction, even when he ask for, the crowd was DEAD !

Sin Cara is talented but, for me I see the same things in the ring since his debut. Nothing new, and I think that as long as he does not speak and does not have a real fued, there will be no reaction !!!