PDA

View Full Version : I Miss CM Punk...

SHW
05-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Who this guy is, I have no idea...

I miss the edgy promos, the talking down to EVERY other superstar, and the sense of entitlement he had before becoming, "this"

he has become EVERYTHING he preached against for the first 10 years of his career, it is sad, but i guess it is the trade-off for the big pay check he is now getting, and in the end, that is all that matters.

that and the self titled dvd that is coming out, the countless fans wearing Punk shirts when 2 years ago, he was boo'ed out of arenas, he is like that band that is great then once they get on the radio, become pop.

CM Punk is now CM Pop...and that makes me sad

The Piper
05-28-2012, 05:27 PM
I totaly agree, Punk is just stale now, and "CM Punk is now CM Pop" made me laugh, so true.

Tribe
05-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Agreed .....

tchocky360
05-28-2012, 05:37 PM
And yet if Punk wasn't even given the main event spot people would still be complaining.

We're getting to see Punk and Bryan together for the WWE, is that not almost the holy grail as far as what you can see in WWE?
Two guys the internet loves, who are both excellent wrestlers, who aren't built like monsters, who can talk on mic, are getting to fight for the WWE title. This is what both men clearly wanted in their career, a career that you followed, and they are now there.
And you'd be happier if they had never got to that level, just so they could be your indy favs.

I'm delighted for both of them. The shoot promo of Punks was great, he's had a lot of great moments, he'll have more. Just because he's being recognised doesn't mean he's not good anymore.

Tribe
05-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Your right we all would be complaining .... but man I miss the CM Punk that came down and did whatever he wanted. I get it's PG and we should all get over the attitude era but I miss the days of Stone cold bringing out a beer truck, smashing everything in site, or beating the crap out of his boss, or sitting in the middle of the ring and throwing beer cans at kurt Angle (sorry that was one of my fave segments), getting arressted and I can go on and on. I just miss some the exictment of the old days and CM Punk looked like the guy to bring that.

CreatureOfTheNight
I will say this as nicely as I can........Shush up. He preached for things that other guys got that were less deserving than him and how he worked his ass off for years to show it and proved it countless times and yet kept getting the short end of the stick time after time. Now he's shown the company the kind of commodity he is to the company and is now reaping the rewards. Every promo he cuts can't be a shoot, that gets boring and old really quick. Has he been less energetic in promos? Sure but that is only a testament to his versatility on the microphone. He's still cut promos like that on Laurinaitis, his feud with Jericho and I'm sure he will do it in the feud vs. Bryan.

ELNIOJR
GOSH, I miss the Straight Edge Intervention!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cPu3xJgMX4&feature=related

SHW
05-28-2012, 05:51 PM
when was the last memorable Punk promo?

scratch that, when was the last DECENT Punk promo?

Steve Austin
05-28-2012, 05:53 PM
I like this punk.

Thought he was boring pre-MITB stuff and I like that he's WWE Champion.

I've got no complaints regarding CM Punk.

BloodStone612
05-28-2012, 05:55 PM
This thread again??

Ahhh...Yet another instance of the fans complaining about a wrestler not getting a push, but when he gets pushed the fans turn on him and call him stale. Now that everyone has jumped off the CM Punk bandwagon and onto the Daniel Bryan bandwagon, I wonder how long it will take for Daniel Bryan to get stale. Who is next to get the big push, only to get turned on?

I have been a fan of CM Punk ever since he debuted on WWECW. Maybe he isn't as exciting as he used to be, but do you really think that is HIS fault? You're aware that the writers are the one that are watering him down, right?

tchocky360
Your right we all would be complaining .... but man I miss the CM Punk that came down and did whatever he wanted. I get it's PG and we should all get over the attitude era but I miss the days of Stone cold bringing out a beer truck, smashing everything in site, or beating the crap out of his boss, or sitting in the middle of the ring and throwing beer cans at kurt Angle (sorry that was one of my fave segments), getting arressted and I can go on and on. I just miss some the exictment of the old days and CM Punk looked like the guy to bring that.

Your memory of Austin's career is a highlight reel.
It's not like he came out in that beer truck every night. PG doesn't mean they can't do an exciting show.
Give Punk the same benefit as Austin and I bet in a 15 odd year long career you'll have enough memories you can compare them with then.

HeelTurn
As long as he keeps putting on great matches with the likes of Bryan and Jericho etc I'm happy.

Robstar
Oh you mean when Punk was being a bully? Yeah, that wasn't going to fly in WWE long. Not with the "Be A Star" stuff; someone would have taken them to task over it. Sure it was entertaining but I think Punk was just as entertaining in ECW as a face. I believe Vince tied his hands

The Piper
05-28-2012, 05:56 PM
I like this punk.

Thought he was boring pre-MITB stuff and I like that he's WWE Champion.

I've got no complaints regarding CM Punk.
um...were we watching the same show?

akbar
05-28-2012, 05:57 PM
For him to be the main event he has to cut these kinda promos or vince won't be happy and will just demote back down...and I think his actually funnier now

tchocky360
05-28-2012, 05:58 PM
when was the last memorable Punk promo?

scratch that, when was the last DECENT Punk promo?

So you've gone from missing old punk to never thinking he was that good?
I still sing "happy birthday, dear Aalyah......"

Steve Austin
05-28-2012, 06:00 PM
um...were we watching the same show?

Pretty sure, he came out with the two bold people and bored me to sleep...

tchocky360
05-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Pretty sure, he came out with the two bold people and bored me to sleep...

I personally loved his SES bit. Some of his stuff against Jeff Hardy was gold

Haruko Haruhara
05-28-2012, 06:03 PM
You want a heel CMPunk. Nice opinion but you sir are wrong. Hes doing what he can with what they are giving him.

Robstar
05-28-2012, 06:04 PM
For him to be the main event he has to cut these kinda promos or Vince won't be happy and will just demote back down...and I think he's actually funnier now

Oh Akbar.....it's like fish in barrel with you ;)

Tribe
05-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Fair enough and I agree can't really compare just yet.

Your memory of Austin's career is a highlight reel.
It's not like he came out in that beer truck every night. PG doesn't mean they can't do an exciting show.
Give Punk the same benefit as Austin and I bet in a 15 odd year long career you'll have enough memories you can compare them with then.

Tribe
05-28-2012, 06:08 PM
LOL as creepy as that was it was awesome!!

So you've gone from missing old punk to never thinking he was that good?
I still sing "happy birthday, dear Aalyah......"

Steve Austin
05-28-2012, 06:09 PM
I personally loved his SES bit. Some of his stuff against Jeff Hardy was gold

He had some good moments, I just think he's been far more entertaining since the Nexus and beyond.

SHW
05-28-2012, 06:15 PM
a lot of you are totally missing the point...

compare blink 182 (for those old enough) to CM Punk.

cheshire cat and dude ranch were AMAZING albums, got them noticed, and then they cut enema of the state (also a great album, but more appealing to the masses, sold 10xs as many copies, and put them on the map, made them a ton of money) but they lost the edge that put them there to begin with, and they became a pop band, no longer a punk band.

the promos he cut on hardy, mysterio, and even up to cena last summer were classics, now, he is just bland, like every other wwe champion before him when he is SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERENT, THAT IS HIS CHARACTER...

and regarding his push? he was being pushed with the SES, now that he is champ, how can he be pushed further?

akbar
05-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Oh Akbar.....it's like fish in barrel with you ;)
I hate you...

tchocky360
05-28-2012, 06:23 PM

cheshire cat and dude ranch were AMAZING albums, got them noticed, and then they cut enema of the state (also a great album, but more appealing to the masses, sold 10xs as many copies, and put them on the map, made them a ton of money) but they lost the edge that put them there to begin with, and they became a pop band, no longer a punk band.

the promos he cut on hardy, mysterio, and even up to cena last summer were classics, now, he is just bland, like every other wwe champion before him when he is SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERENT, THAT IS HIS CHARACTER...

and regarding his push? he was being pushed with the SES, now that he is champ, how can he be pushed further?

Well he could actually have the last match on a PPV on a regular basis instead of Cena, that would be a bigger deal. Could headline a Wrestlemania, could have a match against Undertaker...

Before you write off his post MitB career, how about you actually see what happens, and then reflect on it.

(especially since Blink 182 have always been awful imo :P )

thedag
05-28-2012, 06:27 PM

lost me at blink 182.

The Hipster
05-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Nothing is ever good enough. Punk wins, becomes a main eventer and people are angry. Danie Bryan wins, becomes a main eventer and people are angry. Miz cashes in MITB wins, becomes a main eventer and people are angry. It is never enough. It seems many jump on the "next big thing" band wagon, and when he/they win, people get pissed. Just watch and enjoy.

TheIrishBeast
05-29-2012, 12:30 AM
CM Punk is the reason I watch RAW. He is the man. Still awesome on the mic and in the ring.

I dont get all the hate. Long reign on top as the champion, great fueds with Y2J and D Bryan, what more could you want?

Cover of WWE 13 as well! Awesome.

Robstar
05-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Nothing is ever good enough. Punk wins, becomes a main eventer and people are angry. Danie Bryan wins, becomes a main eventer and people are angry. Miz cashes in MITB wins, becomes a main eventer and people are angry. It is never enough. It seems many jump on the "next big thing" band wagon, and when he/they win, people get pissed. Just watch and enjoy.

I was on about this a while ago. Cena was doing the superman thing all over as WWE champion and everyone was moaning. Cena is dropped from the title picture - not good enough, they want him totally removed from the spotlight. People only want what they don't have and when they get it, like a child, they don't want it anymore.

ihearvoices
05-29-2012, 01:05 AM
I have been very vocal when it comes to CM punk since the big push last year. I like Cm punk when he was SES, I felt like his promos then was 10x better than his promos now.

ch.brooks24
05-29-2012, 01:19 AM
And yet if Punk wasn't even given the main event spot people would still be complaining.

We're getting to see Punk and Bryan together for the WWE, is that not almost the holy grail as far as what you can see in WWE?
Two guys the internet loves, who are both excellent wrestlers, who aren't built like monsters, who can talk on mic, are getting to fight for the WWE title. This is what both men clearly wanted in their career, a career that you followed, and they are now there.
And you'd be happier if they had never got to that level, just so they could be your indy favs.

I'm delighted for both of them. The shoot promo of Punks was great, he's had a lot of great moments, he'll have more. Just because he's being recognised doesn't mean he's not good anymore.

Preach bro. My thoughts exactly

midian
05-29-2012, 02:07 AM
CM Punk is the reason I watch RAW. He is the man. Still awesome on the mic and in the ring.

I dont get all the hate. Long reign on top as the champion, great fueds with Y2J and D Bryan, what more could you want?

Cover of WWE 13 as well! Awesome.

Still prefer the John Laurinaitis WWE 13 cover.Hope (WISH) that gets released as an alternate cover.

Jerichoholic-NL
05-29-2012, 09:37 AM
you guys are spoiled too much with the promo's and interviews segments. Please look what happens in the ring during the matches. CM Punk is still one of the best on the WWE Roster

Keith Stone
05-29-2012, 09:54 AM
all I see and hear is this........
http://i31.tinypic.com/2vmiixl.jpg

quit bitching about a guy who made it big and got the money he deserves. he and Daniel Bryan are the only reasons I watch raw anymore. I don't understand hating a guy that even Vince now believes in. If his promos aren't as edgy and he's got as much kid fans as Cena does then so what? He's still one of the best wrestlers in the WWE today and that's all that matters

TheDevilsAdvocate
05-29-2012, 10:09 AM
CM Punk is the same guy he has always been. He only did that crazy promo because he was going home. He wanted people to get pumped up for the pay per view. The WWE I would assume told him to take it slow and easy; His promo's are seemingly being toned down. He's also a sore and tired guy. Just last year he wanted to take his ball and go home, do something else, and be with himself for awhile. Vince or somebody else in the WWE convinced him to come back and he came almost immediately. No resting time once so ever. They are steadily awarding him too because CM Punk has had that Championship for a long time now. It's pretty impressive. It makes me wonder... Whatever happened to CM Punk defending the Championship every Monday night? I know John Laurenitus said that.

ihearvoices
05-29-2012, 10:25 AM
I never get how disagreeing with whats popular = bitching. That's like people calling you a hater just because you disagree with their opinion. Instead of just coming on this thread and saying we're bitching how about you guys come on this thread and point out how effective Cm punk has been since becoming WWE #2 guy. Personally since his feud with John Cena, Cm punk has not done anything great. His feud with ADR was boring, his feud with Ziggler was also boring the only somewhat interesting part was big johnny. Jericho made his feud with cm punk worth watching and basically carried the feud when it came to promos while cm punk just took the wins. Cm punk current feud with Bryan has lack promos and any main event quality build up. Say what you want about Cena but right now Cena has been having more exciting feuds then Punk. IMO Punk best work is when he's heel because just like Randy Orton both guys are jerks in real life.

Keith Stone
05-29-2012, 10:54 AM
sorry you lost me at interesting and big johnny also at Cena and exciting but you know what they all say

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/4/26/3f3803c3-2283-4d2d-8370-05579686450d.jpg

K2Jelly
05-29-2012, 11:09 AM
I never get how disagreeing with whats popular = bitching. That's like people calling you a hater just because you disagree with their opinion. Instead of just coming on this thread and saying we're bitching how about you guys come on this thread and point out how effective Cm punk has been since becoming WWE #2 guy. Personally since his feud with John Cena, Cm punk has not done anything great. His feud with ADR was boring, his feud with Ziggler was also boring the only somewhat interesting part was big johnny. Jericho made his feud with cm punk worth watching and basically carried the feud when it came to promos while cm punk just took the wins. Cm punk current feud with Bryan has lack promos and any main event quality build up. Say what you want about Cena but right now Cena has been having more exciting feuds then Punk. IMO Punk best work is when he's heel because just like Randy Orton both guys are jerks in real life.

I don't think you understand what he was trying to say.

He's not saying that going against the grain is a bad thing or that deterring from your opinion is something worth admonishing. He's calling out the ICW members who adopt and fulfill the repetitive and ludicrous notions every time that someone, who has the potential to be at the top of the company, isn't at the top yet.

1. Complains that their current wet dream isn't at the top of the hierarchy
2. Rejoices when they do something incredible to get themselves noticed that has the potential for a main event push
3. Said wet dream is awarded for all of his/her hard work (e.g. WWE/WHC title run, RR win, etc.)
4. Bitches and moans when that person is in the spotlight for a few months because for some reason, they're boring

It happened with John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, Brock Lesnar and quite a few others and now it's happening to Punk. For what? For not shooting? That's the main difference between the CM Punk then and the CM punk now. Other than that, nothing significant about him has changed which begs the question, "What has suddenly made everyone label CM Punk as a pariah?"

ihearvoices
05-29-2012, 11:24 AM
I don't think you understand what he was trying to say.

He's not saying that going against the grain is a bad thing or that deterring from your opinion is something worth admonishing. He's calling out the ICW members who adopt and fulfill the repetitive and ludicrous notions every time that someone, who has the potential to be at the top of the company, isn't at the top yet.

1. Complains that their current wet dream isn't at the top of the hierarchy
2. Rejoices when they do something incredible to get themselves noticed that has the potential for a main event push
3. Said wet dream is awarded for all of his/her hard work (e.g. WWE/WHC title run, RR win, etc.)
4. Bitches and moans when that person is in the spotlight for a few months because for some reason, they're boring

It happened with John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, Brock Lesnar and quite a few others and now it's happening to Punk. For what? For not shooting? That's the main difference between the CM Punk then and the CM punk now. Other than that, nothing significant about him has changed which begs the question, "What has suddenly made everyone label CM Punk as a pariah?"

For me it's just the fact I loved the SES style Cm punk to me that was his best work. Just like to me Legend Killer/early viper years was Randy orton's best work. I get they had to change their persona so they could be WWE go to guys but I just wish they didn't have to the same way Jericho always has and always will be the same guy. I get its part of wrestling for guys to flip flop from heel to face and change their persona but I just hate when someone has something great going for them and WWE change it. :(

Cabers
05-29-2012, 02:18 PM
I can't really complain as i like his wrestling style and his bit with Laurinitius on raw i thought was good!

bearkg88
05-29-2012, 02:27 PM
My thing with Punk is he is a hit and miss. Is that a bad thing? Not at all. People can sit and complain and say Punk is nothing like he was last summer, but that is just the evolution of wrestling. Cena isn't the same as he was back in 2003, and heck, he isn't the same as he was last year.

Cynicism
05-29-2012, 02:36 PM
People that try and rebel when they actually have what they want are basically bitches......... if Punk was in the ring now shouting about how he never got the chance he deserved while he's got his belt around his waste, and a big pile of cash in the bank it would hardly be believable. But for him to be sarcastic well that seems fine still

Robstar
05-29-2012, 03:37 PM
What it boils down to is this - people really don't want their favourite thing becoming popular with everyone else. Instead of Blink 182, I'll use another band; Metallica. Back in the day they were shunned by the mainstream music world, but they were the biggest 'underground' band in the world, in the fact that they still sold albums and sold out tours. Then they decided they were either or both A)bored of their current direction or B)really wanted to sell more records and get their name out there. So they changed direction.

What happened? What happened was that about one half to two thirds of their fanbase deserted them. But that was ok because not only was the remainder still quite a large number, they made millions more fans due to their shift in appeal. The 'old-school' fans (of which, at the time, I was ignorantly one) didn't want any changes and were happy for Metallica to keep on churning out the brand A thrash metal that they had consistently managed to produce for 4 albums. For Metallica, it was either change or become redundant and die along with most other thrash metal bands like Testament or Anthrax. While anyone could argue that those bands may have gone on to making some great music, the record sales will tell you that the public grew tired of it and stopped buying. See, the 'hard core' fans don't care if you're making money or being successful - they just want you all for their own. Which is the ultimate fuck you to the artist (or wrestler) even though they don't realise they're doing just that - they're being anti-fans, dooming their favourite thing into redundancy.

Cynicism
05-29-2012, 04:30 PM
I've noticed it a lot with comedians, I guess it is why I still like Bill Hicks. He never got success, he managed to stay bitter, stay a cult and thus kept his original fan base but hell if you're playing an arena you cant have the same people at every gig/PPV/show so you have to switch your act a bit, change your style and you have to adapt to what life has thrown at you.

Who else found it hard to believe the Michaels / JBL angle knowing just how rich Michaels was and how well he'd really handled his money?

steveorton
05-29-2012, 07:12 PM
I don't think anyone has the ability to come up with edgy promos every single week give the guy a break, I know he's toned it done abit but I still like the guy and found his bit on raw this week entertaining.

Keith Stone
05-29-2012, 07:27 PM
What it boils down to is this - people really don't want their favourite thing becoming popular with everyone else. Instead of Blink 182, I'll use another band; Metallica. Back in the day they were shunned by the mainstream music world, but they were the biggest 'underground' band in the world, in the fact that they still sold albums and sold out tours. Then they decided they were either or both A)bored of their current direction or B)really wanted to sell more records and get their name out there. So they changed direction.

What happened? What happened was that about one half to two thirds of their fanbase deserted them. But that was ok because not only was the remainder still quite a large number, they made millions more fans due to their shift in appeal. The 'old-school' fans (of which, at the time, I was ignorantly one) didn't want any changes and were happy for Metallica to keep on churning out the brand A thrash metal that they had consistently managed to produce for 4 albums. For Metallica, it was either change or become redundant and die along with most other thrash metal bands like Testament or Anthrax. While anyone could argue that those bands may have gone on to making some great music, the record sales will tell you that the public grew tired of it and stopped buying. See, the 'hard core' fans don't care if you're making money or being successful - they just want you all for their own. Which is the ultimate fuck you to the artist (or wrestler) even though they don't realise they're doing just that - they're being anti-fans, dooming their favourite thing into redundancy.

Agree with this 100% Slayer stayed the same and now the shock value in the media is gone. Anthrax and Megadeth did try to hit mainstream but didn't succeed. I can compare Metallica to Chris Jericho also

evilgenius780
05-29-2012, 09:03 PM
We are getting great matches out of him, I enjoyed his matches with Jericho, am enjoying his matches with Bryan, and I really think this trend will continue..no complaints here

masakaritko
05-31-2012, 06:42 AM
I don't mind Punk at the moment. But, to keep him from becoming another John Cena, turn him heel again after a while. Punk did his best work as a heel. When he conducted those shoot promos, he was still working as a heel and still the leader of Nexus. When I say after a while, I mean somewhere between now and WM next year. Especially if the proposed match with Austin actually does happen, Punk can go into it as a heel. I wouldn't permanently keep him a heel, but long enough, maybe a year or so, or he can even flip flop as often as Trips has throughout his career.

LuckIsForLosers
05-31-2012, 06:32 PM

But...how does this make sense?? How can anyone expect us to cheer for a great wrestler with top mic skills at the top of his business wrestling someone equally talented - when -w-w-when...kids and women scream for him?

It just doesn't make sense...I mean this time next year after Cody Rhodes turns face and has a world title we'll be booing him too - and Ziggler.

Punk is a sell-out - we should make a petition to boo him at all live events for 1) not shooting on Vince McMahon every week day in day out (because it wouldn't be boring by now) 2) for being in the main event 3) for getting too loud pops and 4) for being one of the top guys in the company.

Los Conquistador
06-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Summary

Main Eventers - IWC most hated
Underdogs - IWC most loved

doesn't matter who, when an underdog makes his way to the top, the IWC backlash them for "selling out"

Keith Stone
06-01-2012, 12:27 PM
But...how does this make sense?? How can anyone expect us to cheer for a great wrestler with top mic skills at the top of his business wrestling someone equally talented - when -w-w-when...kids and women scream for him?

It just doesn't make sense...I mean this time next year after Cody Rhodes turns face and has a world title we'll be booing him too - and Ziggler.

Punk is a sell-out - we should make a petition to boo him at all live events for 1) not shooting on Vince McMahon every week day in day out (because it wouldn't be boring by now) 2) for being in the main event 3) for getting too loud pops and 4) for being one of the top guys in the company.

I'd rather have women fans screaming for me than you anyday.

CM Punk didn't sell out he sold in. Only children complain when an actual wrestler finally gets pushed instead of the typical 240lb 6'7 guy for can't do more than 2 moves. I'm not even a fan of CM Punk but I still support the real wrestlers that are trying to make wrestling better than it has been for ten years

LuckIsForLosers
06-01-2012, 06:42 PM
I'd rather have women fans screaming for me than you anyday.

CM Punk didn't sell out he sold in. Only children complain when an actual wrestler finally gets pushed instead of the typical 240lb 6'7 guy for can't do more than 2 moves. I'm not even a fan of CM Punk but I still support the real wrestlers that are trying to make wrestling better than it has been for ten years
I believe you have failed to detect my sarcasm sir

Shining Light
06-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Summary

Main Eventers - IWC most hated
Underdogs - IWC most loved

doesn't matter who, when an underdog makes his way to the top, the IWC backlash them for "selling out"

This. Nuff' said.

Robstar
06-04-2012, 09:10 PM
I have had an epiphany while watching CM Punk.

Most male fans can only like him as a heel because of their fear of the latent homosexual urges he raises within them. If he doesn't like them - or fans - then it's easier to deny that that is the reason they like him. So he becomes a face and those feelings become harder to reconcile for them. If he's a heel, the reasons you can list for liking him are many - as a face, fewer.

Oh it's true. Mind blown? Closet door damaged? You're welcome ;)

SHW
06-04-2012, 09:39 PM
dammit...

first Jamie Lannister, and now sub-consciencly CM Punk...

Robstar
06-04-2012, 10:15 PM
dammit...

first Jamie Lannister, and now sub-consciencly CM Punk...

Lolol....it's happening to you!

Amerinaine
06-04-2012, 10:24 PM
I find it funny that people expect whomever the WWE Champion or World Champion to always do a perfect promo or wrestle perfectly.

Face it, the people in the main event scene are a far cry better at wrestling than many of the past (Yes, there were a few good ones, even back than.) and the promo's while scripted, are also cleaner and less likely to be botched. If you happen to be good on the mic without a script, like Punk, you get trusted to come up with your stuff.

Right now you have very few people who can carry the WWE.

Punk
Bryan
Ziggler
Rhodes
Barrett
Sheamus
Orton (When he isn't getting suspended)
Kane (Yeah, he might be a big man, but he is good for his type of wrestler)
Alberto Del Rio

There you go. That is a very small list of people you can trust in the WWE and World Title scene. (I might have forgot someone legitimate but you might only add 1 or 2.)

Your underdog is gonna have to grow a set of something and make himself noticed. So I say, quit your bitchin'. It isn't always gonna work the way you want it. I didn't bitch tons when Cena was champ, you all can deal with Punk.

SHW
06-04-2012, 10:28 PM
barrett and rhodes could "carry" the organization??

you have got to be kidding me...

Amerinaine
06-04-2012, 10:31 PM
barrett and rhodes could "carry" the organization??

you have got to be kidding me...

They can work a mic cleanly as heels. They are extremely good in the ring. So, yeah. If I was kidding, I think I would have said LOL. Come up with your list so I can mock you for it without giving any reasons as to why I disagree. In other words, give me reasons why. Not stupid blank responses.

SHW
06-04-2012, 10:35 PM
i just do not see anyway whatsoever how 2 guys who have never won a major title could carry the entire WWE.

there are a lot of guys good on the mic and good in the ring, it does not equate to a big time draw...

currently the only 2 full time superstars who can carry the entire organization are the 2 that are :

Cena
Punk

Amerinaine
06-04-2012, 10:44 PM
i just do not see anyway whatsoever how 2 guys who have never won a major title could carry the entire WWE.

there are a lot of guys good on the mic and good in the ring, it does not equate to a big time draw...

currently the only 2 full time superstars who can carry the entire organization are the 2 that are :

Cena
Punk

The reason I put up a list is for the reason you have right there. Some superstars get overlooked. The ones I listed could be and can be ones to hold the belt and represent the WWE the right way. The WWE just doesn't trust anyone but the established guys to do the work. If they would let someone come up to even just test the waters, they would be amazed at what someone like a Rhodes or a Barrett could do. I could be wrong, been there before. But the chance needs to be taken.

Robstar
06-04-2012, 10:45 PM
2 guys carrying the whole company?? Sorry but that's never going to happen, never could. People would turn off in droves if there wasn't at least something else worth tuning in for.

Like Vickie ;)

Amerinaine
06-04-2012, 10:51 PM
2 guys carrying the whole company?? Sorry but that's never going to happen, never could. People would turn off in droves if there wasn't at least something else worth tuning in for.

I can't remember if I put Cena on my list but he should be there, and so should The Miz.

IrkenInvader
06-04-2012, 10:53 PM
I have had an epiphany while watching CM Punk.

Most male fans can only like him as a heel because of their fear of the latent homosexual urges he raises within them. If he doesn't like them - or fans - then it's easier to deny that that is the reason they like him. So he becomes a face and those feelings become harder to reconcile for them. If he's a heel, the reasons you can list for liking him are many - as a face, fewer.

Oh it's true. Mind blown? Closet door damaged? You're welcome ;)

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Robstar
06-04-2012, 10:55 PM
I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Denial. It's not just a river in Africa. ;)

Come on Irken, it's safe out here....don't stay in there with Tom Cruise and John Travolta hehe

tchocky360
06-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Denial. It's not just a river in Africa. ;)

But that's not a river in Africa, that joke doesn't really work written down lol

Amerinaine
06-04-2012, 11:04 PM
But that's not a river in Africa, that joke doesn't really work written down lol

If the joke was spelled out properly it would actually look like this:

"Da Nile isn't just a river in Africa."

Usually, Denial is pronounced DaNile not DeeNiAll like it is supposed to be pronounced.

SHW
06-04-2012, 11:05 PM
of course 2 superstars cannot carry a billion dollar company...

but say hypothetically cena were to leave the company tomorrow, WWE would be in serious trouble, advertisers would drop out in droves, merchandise sales would plummet (over a 3-6 month period) as would ticket sales and ppv buy rates.

love him or hate him, VKM has built the company around Cena, and like Amerinaine said earlier, they have nobody set up to take the ball and run based on the way they have booked, "The Franchise".

i agree there are a lot of guys who have the potential, but right now, realistically, one guy is carrying the company...

Robstar
06-04-2012, 11:06 PM

Yes but YOU got it anyway! lol My talents are wasted here!! :rolleyes:

tchocky360
06-04-2012, 11:11 PM
lol My talents are wasted here!! :rolleyes:

You are truly The Miz of EWN's Sense of Humour. :D

Amerinaine
06-04-2012, 11:11 PM
of course 2 superstars cannot carry a billion dollar company...

but say hypothetically cena were to leave the company tomorrow, WWE would be in serious trouble, advertisers would drop out in droves, merchandise sales would plummet (over a 3-6 month period) as would ticket sales and ppv buy rates.

love him or hate him, VKM has built the company around Cena, and like Amerinaine said earlier, they have nobody set up to take the ball and run based on the way they have booked, "The Franchise".

i agree there are a lot of guys who have the potential, but right now, realistically, one guy is carrying the company...

Punk is too. He has been pacing Cena in Merch sales. He might not be ahead of him, but he isn't losing ground either. Sheamus is doing good Merch sales too.

The only reason Why Cena and Punk are carrying the company, is because that is who the WWE want to have carry the company. They won't let anyone else because of two reasons:

1) The ones in Punk and Cena's shadow are kissing ass in hopes to get those spots, not working to get them.
2) IF they grew a set, the WWE just doesn't trust them.

The third might be they are afraid of another Randy Orton.

Robstar
06-04-2012, 11:12 PM
You are truly The Miz of EWN's Sense of Humour. :D

Can I get a piece of Maryse then? ;) (Miz is totally underrated too)

tchocky360
06-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Can I get a piece of Maryse then? ;) (Miz is totally underrated too)

You can try and ask him nicely, maybe bring Vickie as part of a couple's swop?