PDA

View Full Version : Mason Ryan and Alex Riley as a tag team.

URATOOL
05-27-2012, 07:38 PM
I can't remember where I heard it (a couple of months back), but it never seems to have happened. I actually think it could work. Riley has some size and power but still is agile and quick. Ryan is a power house but has less skill. But as a team I think they'd partner pretty well.

Anyone else think it might be a good thing and also get these two young guys a little more exposure? Oh and obviously add to the still lacking tag division.

Robstar
05-27-2012, 07:41 PM
At least they'd be doing something. Riley could be the mouthpiece or better yet, give them a manager

Tommy Thunder
05-27-2012, 07:44 PM
They did team once or twice on Superstars, but that's about it.

I think Ryan would definitely benefit from having a run in a tag team. He does need someone who can carry him in the ring and on the mic while he gets to grips with those aspects of his game. Is Riley that man? Not sure if I'm honest. There's no doubt that Riley would benefit from the exposure, but I don't see what those 2 have in common. Ryan and McIntyre perhaps would be a better combination, given that there's the celtic connection between both.

Tommy Thunder
05-27-2012, 07:44 PM
At least they'd be doing something. Riley could be the mouthpiece or better yet, give them a manager

Matt Striker?Or Jimmy Hart? Arn Anderson even?

Robstar
05-27-2012, 07:48 PM
I'd go with Matt Striker, however I feel these guys would be a face team (not sure why) along the lines of The Young Stallions. Never win but look good trying

steveorton
05-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Not a good idea both are not known or I should say not as popular with the people to go over as a legit tag team. They would appear as just being thrown together and imo they look like they wouldn't mesh well together.

Yes people will argue well look at Oneil and Young but these guys go well together I know many people hate these two but imo for the past few weeks WWE has made them look good.

Also a better fit might be Drew and Mason, makes more sense, cheap "not from USA" heat, Mason as the muscle and Drew as the mic. Or have a manager for both guys or something.

Joonny
05-27-2012, 08:34 PM
A small and a big guy...

Lenny and George? ;)

AirBourne
05-27-2012, 08:35 PM
A small and a big guy...

Lenny and George? ;)

I <3 Of Mice and Men reference. lol

Melevolent 27
05-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Never thought of Drew and Ryan together, they would go very well!
Only problem is this Abe Washington All World thing they have nearly thrown him into. Dont like him in this group.

rtb227
05-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Never thought of Drew and Ryan together, they would go very well!
Only problem is this Abe Washington All World thing they have nearly thrown him into. Dont like him in this group.

I could see them getting Drew into that group as well. Make these two a team. Have them and the colons be teams who fight over the belts and trade them back and forth. That could be how the faction splits in the end.

PrimusSucks
05-28-2012, 12:45 AM
I like it because Riley and Ryan could be something different from all the cruiser weight teams they have. That is the biggest thing missing for me in the Tag Division, Jack Swagger is the only true heavyweight.

rtb227
05-28-2012, 01:04 AM
I like it because Riley and Ryan could be something different from all the cruiser weight teams they have. That is the biggest thing missing for me in the Tag Division, Jack Swagger is the only true heavyweight.

what about Titus O Neil and Darren Young? Titus is definitely a heavyweight,

Giddy
05-28-2012, 01:07 AM
I made Ryan & Riley my Tag Champs in WWE 12!

I don't know why, but I think they'd just fit together. They both would benefit huge from a tag team partner, and Riley could help Mason with mic work. I think it would help both men in the long run, and at the end they could split up and have a singles feud.

Mikeyboy7777777
05-28-2012, 05:14 AM
it's a fantactic idea alex riley would definately be the hbk of that team and mason ryan could be the batista of a tag team like when he was with ric flair
they are fixing the tag team divison though you have the usos, titus&young, reks & hawkins, primo & epico and kofi and his tag team championship partner of the week

PSOjedi
05-28-2012, 05:25 AM
I can't remember where I heard it (a couple of months back), but it never seems to have happened. I actually think it could work. Riley has some size and power but still is agile and quick. Ryan is a power house but has less skill. But as a team I think they'd partner pretty well.

Anyone else think it might be a good thing and also get these two young guys a little more exposure? Oh and obviously add to the still lacking tag division.
I totaly agree with you, this Tag Team would be great. Alex Riley should definitely been pushed he is really talented. As for Mason Ryan, like Tommy said, it would be 100% benefit for him to be in a Tag Team, that would help him a lot

Bennyladd1
05-28-2012, 11:06 AM
really good idea, I would love to see this team, but it seems it won't happen now that Ryan's aligned himself with AW

ELNIOJR
05-28-2012, 12:29 PM

Honestly, I never heard of it...

PrimusSucks
05-28-2012, 12:41 PM
what about Titus O Neil and Darren Young? Titus is definitely a heavyweight,

Whoops, absolutely right. Forgot about them and somehow forgot about Tyler Reks as well.

Cabers
05-28-2012, 02:16 PM
They did team once or twice on Superstars, but that's about it.

I think Ryan would definitely benefit from having a run in a tag team. He does need someone who can carry him in the ring and on the mic while he gets to grips with those aspects of his game. Is Riley that man? Not sure if I'm honest. There's no doubt that Riley would benefit from the exposure, but I don't see what those 2 have in common. Ryan and McIntyre perhaps would be a better combination, given that there's the celtic connection between both.

Agreed on this. Ryan needs a bit more time to actually learn how to wrestle.

rtb227
05-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Whoops, absolutely right. Forgot about them and somehow forgot about Tyler Reks as well.

I forgot about Tyler Reks myself even though I want both him and Hawkins to be pushed.