PDA

View Full Version : Is Santino holding Ricardo back?

URATOOL
05-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Essentially Ricardo is the natural replacement for Santino.

Comedy talent for selling moves. Check
Heavy accent used to comedy effect. Check
Solid wrestling technic used for comedy effect. Check
Ability to look the fool and still have support from the crowd. Check

The problem Ricardo has is that Santino is only 33 so won't be retiring any time soon. And Ricardo is only 7 years younger.

Unfortunately I can't see there being room for both characters long term. So short of Santino getting injured, FEed or quitting I can't see Ricardo being allowed to rise to his full (comedy) potential for quite a while. Unless of cause we have a full brand split again and they are seperated.

Robstar
05-26-2012, 08:28 PM
I'd love to see them team in a revitalised tag division

URATOOL
05-26-2012, 08:45 PM

Two comedy buffoons on the same team? Hmmm. Not sure if that would work.

Robstar
05-26-2012, 08:52 PM
The only comedy rule is that you can't have two 'straight' men. Two buffoons would work - look at Spade & Farley ;) or Cheech & Chong, Frost & Pegg. It can work.

URATOOL
05-26-2012, 09:05 PM
The only comedy rule is that you can't have two 'straight' men. Two buffoons would work - look at Spade & Farley ;) or Cheech & Chong, Frost & Pegg. It can work.

But in pro wrestling? I'd have to see it work to believe it. You make it happen and I'll judge the out come. Did you need Vince's direct number?

Robstar
05-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Yes I believe he had it tattooed on Kaitlyn's inner thigh

MachoManFan
05-26-2012, 09:17 PM
There's always the option of having Ricardo become more serious. After his feud with Santino there's no reason why he can't fall out with del rio and have to fend for himself, he'd be put into matches we don't think he'd stand a chance in (eg. vs Kane, Daniel Bryan, Ryback) and put up a fight (and lose). Then, as he has more matches, he can show improvement on his way to feud with Del Rio.

Cabers
05-27-2012, 09:47 AM
There's always the option of having Ricardo become more serious. After his feud with Santino there's no reason why he can't fall out with del rio and have to fend for himself, he'd be put into matches we don't think he'd stand a chance in (eg. vs Kane, Daniel Bryan, Ryback) and put up a fight (and lose). Then, as he has more matches, he can show improvement on his way to feud with Del Rio.

So pull a Colin Delaney then?

Sydnister
05-27-2012, 10:46 AM

HMMMM... That could be BRILLIANT!!!

johnnydropkicks
05-27-2012, 11:43 AM
I don't think that we've seen enough from Rodriguez yet to say he is an equal for Santino in the comedy area in terms of longevity and versatility. Rodriguez isn't someone anyone would get behind on the level they do for Santino just yet.

Tommy Thunder
05-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I'd be all for seeing Rodriguez becoming a more serious competitor.
Could he be used on the new cruiserweight show perhaps?

Destruction
05-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Titus O'Neil, Richardo Rodriguez, Brodus Clay and Santino in a stable

WWE can thank me for the PPV buyrates, merchandise sales, comedic quality etc

Cynicism
05-27-2012, 01:05 PM
But in pro wrestling? I'd have to see it work to believe it. You make it happen and I'll judge the out come. Did you need Vince's direct number?

The Bushwackers?
The Headbangers?

World B. Free
05-27-2012, 03:09 PM
I say a triple threat match with Santino vs Ricardo vs Eric Young!!! It could be billed as the most hilarious match ever.... lol

bearkg88
05-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Personally from what I've seen of Ricardo comedy wise, I think he is funnier than Santino, but I disagree with you Tool, even without a roster split, I could easily see there being two comedy characters, though I agree with Robstar, them as a tag team would be interesting

ewantu2
05-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Someone here that will go to a RAW soon should try and start a Ricardo chant lol.