View Full Version : Chris Jericho suspended

Destruction
05-25-2012, 01:24 AM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/jericho-brazil

Seems real to me.

Thoughts?

theedgehead
05-25-2012, 01:30 AM
any proof he did anything other than wwe?

sounds like a work to give him time to do stuff with fozzy

B-MCINTYRE
05-25-2012, 01:32 AM

Nail on the head...

Haruko Haruhara
05-25-2012, 01:36 AM

Tmz reported that punk came out with the brazil flag and Jericho balled it up and kicked it which is a federal offense in brazil.

Destruction
05-25-2012, 01:37 AM

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/24/chris-jericho-wwe-suspended-desecrating-brazilian-flag/

theedgehead
05-25-2012, 01:39 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/24/chris-jericho-wwe-suspended-desecrating-brazilian-flag/

daaaaaaaammmmnnnnnnnnnn jericho you crazy!

sounds like time off for fozzy whether he likes it or not

Destruction
05-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Tmz reported that punk came out with the brazil flag and Jericho balled it up and kicked it which is a federal offense in brazil.

You a good ninja mofo

theedgehead
05-25-2012, 01:43 AM
back before NWO?

or is the orton feud going bust?

Tommy Thunder
05-25-2012, 01:43 AM
This is nothing more than an angle to explain his time off to do Fozzy stuff.

Destruction
05-25-2012, 01:44 AM
back before NWO?

or does orton not have an opponent now?

Probably Sheamus vs Del Rio vs Orton at No Way Out now

akbar
05-25-2012, 02:04 AM
Whether it's a work or not, looks like Chris Jericho is going to gone for awhile so Goodbye Chris, thanks for putting over Punk with your underwhelming return and we'll holla you next time we've failed at creating a main eventer (the Miz) and need you to return with crazy videos and even brighter jacket...

LMPunker
05-25-2012, 02:20 AM
because of this fozzy thing nobody will beilive its real

Haruko Haruhara
05-25-2012, 02:27 AM
After seeing how the brazillian cops acted and also how my WoW server includes the brazillian servers in my battlegroup I can now say brazil is 100% rude ass people. He's from Canada and I bet he could not give a single fuck about your flag rules.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
05-25-2012, 02:31 AM
Wow. So he got suspended for doing his job and being a heel .... Good job WWE. You'll let HBK get away with it, but not Jericho.

SLEEPY LOCO1
05-25-2012, 02:32 AM
After seeing how the brazillian cops acted and also how my WoW server includes the brazillian servers in my battlegroup I can now say brazil is 100% rude ass people. He's from Canada and I bet he could not give a single fuck about your flag rules.

For real man? If he or any other wrestler actually thought like that then they have no buisness traveling and doing shows in other countries. When you are in any country, you show respect to all of their cultures and rules.

Haruko Haruhara
05-25-2012, 02:45 AM
For real man? If he or any other wrestler actually thought like that then they have no buisness traveling and doing shows in other countries. When you are in any country, you show respect to all of their cultures and rules.

Ive been to more than 20 countries and do not read up on laws. He is doing his job by gaining cheep heat. JBL did a nazi walk in Germany which is a federal offense and they did nothing to JBL but a slap on the hand.

Haruko Haruhara
05-25-2012, 02:48 AM

And do you also remember the time someone tossed a glow stick at him and he lost it? I think my point will hold up.

URATOOL
05-25-2012, 03:13 AM

I've never understood the big deal with fucking up someones flag. It's a piece of material. Who gives a fuck! I've owned Union flag boxer shorts before (bought for me I'll just add) and I'm sure I farted in them. Should I have been fined/imprisoned for that???

Haruko Haruhara
05-25-2012, 03:15 AM
I've never understood the big deal with fucking up someones flag. It's a piece of material. Who gives a fuck! I've owned Union flag boxer shorts before (bought for me I'll just add) and I'm sure a farted in them. Should I have been fined/imprisoned for that???

Exactly. I may have "desecrated" a few American flag boxers.

Keith Stone
05-25-2012, 04:09 AM
Better than getting Montezuma's Revenge

JSullivan
05-25-2012, 04:18 AM
I've never understood the big deal with fucking up someones flag. It's a piece of material. Who gives a fuck! I've owned Union flag boxer shorts before (bought for me I'll just add) and I'm sure I farted in them. Should I have been fined/imprisoned for that???

You make me sick.

Keith Stone
05-25-2012, 04:22 AM
What Jericho did was maybe wrong but I can't blame him especially since the hotel he was staying at looks like this

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/89719/89719,1216168938,1/stock-photo-very-poor-houses-in-parana-state-brazil-14951131.jpg

elduce01
05-25-2012, 05:46 AM
What a pathetic attempt to work the "Dirt Sheets!"

ParagonOfVirtue
05-25-2012, 05:59 AM
Hilarious that people buy into this bullshit. Good show Jericho, always one step ahead. Droolers keep on droolin.

Tomsta666
05-25-2012, 06:13 AM
Fuck Jericho!

He gives Fozzy a bad name... he's by far the best Muppet.

Tomsta666
05-25-2012, 06:22 AM

I'm with you man. Yes, you can understand patriotic people getting a bit uppity for desecrating what the flag actually means to them. But the flag is just a coloured bit of material, and usually made in China.

JSullivan
05-25-2012, 06:22 AM
I don't know what happened with Chris Jericho in Brazil so I can't comment. He's a very good longtime friend and I always wish him the best.

My comments below are only about my own history and nothing to do with Chris, I just want to answer again what happened in Germany with several years perspective.

As far as a lot of folks bringing up the incident of me in Germany I understand and I have gone over this many times. 'Back in the day' wrestlers flipped off crowds, spit at them got into fights with them, etc-was a different era. Me doing a goose step years ago, in Germany to make the fans mad was something everyone did (in fact so much that it had quit getting heat years before), was it right-no, it was just cheap heat from a different era same as yelling crude names at crowd. The night I did it that became famous there were several other guys who had done it, I had been on tours and I lived in Germany for two years and had seen when every match would do it. It had become a real cheap heat getter-that no longer worked because everyone was doing it. Fritz Von Erich and Barron Von Ratszche had made a living off of it-but like trying to make a living off of Vietnam or Civil War references it's time had passed.

It's been pointed out that I wasn't even the only guy in the match that night who had done it. It got zero heat that night, wasn't even worth doing. Again, right or wrong-everyone did it-and it's time had passed and it was time to be smarter about getting heat just like flipping off the crowd's time had passed as well.

Problem came when a reporter (from my understanding) who had a vendetta against Vince sent an email to the network I had just signed a deal with-they didn't want any controversy and fired me. Best thing that ever happened to my wrestling career as I got tons of media and real heat off of it-in the corporate world of today it would be all negative and I would probably be suspended or fired-and rightfully so, it wasn't that long ago but was a different era. Vince explained to the network that it was just part of a fictional show like Sgt Shultz in Hogan's Heroes, but the folks there at the time didn't get it.

This event helped make the JBL character as it got me so much main stream media, which also had a negative side as some never got that it was part of a fictional show.

There were Internet reports that I was being deported and charged, all ridiculous charges. That was never brought up. It was no big deal in Germany as it happened every wrestling match and no one there complained-it was so common in German wrestling that no one there even noticed. I let those charges go unanswered as it was getting me massive heat. I even suggested a shirt "You got fired" but WWE felt like it would die quickly and by the time shirt came out no one would care, which was true.

I gave Eddie's mom a heart attack on Mother's Day and tried to run over Cena with a car-personally I think that was worse, ha, but somehow folks realize that's a work but some things aren't-nature of the beast.

It still gets brought up every once in a while, good to be remembered:)

Facebook quote from one of my personal favourites, JBL - Posted JUST a few minutes ago.

There's a good possibility he did this, but who gives a shit? People forget WWE is a show, it's like a giant soap opera, and as a result, the bad people have to do what they can to piss everyone off. I don't see why this is a problem. If Jericho was in a movie and did just this, there'd be no flip-out at all.

Could possibly be the WWE just working the dirtsheets, but I think it's probably true, and it really doesn't matter.

Lowki
05-25-2012, 06:52 AM
I'm sure nothing was done about JBL and the goosestep in germany...

Automatic
05-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Never thought the Brazilians were such pussies.

So what happens if you have sex on the Brazilian flag?

JSullivan
05-25-2012, 08:18 AM

I'm going to buy one and try it.

Steve Austin
05-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Hahaha would be funny it it was real :D

JSullivan
05-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Hahaha would be funny it it was real :D

It genuinely could be, and WWE is using it as a quicker way to cut Jericho off in time for his departure anyway.

It's just all too convenient.

Lmao. Search Youtube "Chris Jeri-" "Chris Jericho Brazil" comes up suggested.

Hit enter.

Many Neckbeards giving their opinion. Fail.

Automatic
05-25-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm going to buy one and try it.

You gotta do it in Brazil though and in a public place.

JSullivan
05-25-2012, 08:34 AM
After seeing reports of Chris Jericho in Brazil-it was what I suspected--Chris trying to entertain and be a heel. Apparently a Brazilian Flag comes into ring and Chris grabs it and kicks it (or something to that effect). Compare that to Sgt Slaughter burning the flag or all the crazy stuff that has gone on. This is nothing. EXCEPT we are in a new era and now that isn't acceptable.

Chris did what
most old heels would have done, he reacted and a decade ago it would have been loved for the heat. However, times change and we have to as well-Chris acknowledged this and apologized. Chris is a wonderful person and one of all time great entertainers-there was no malice here from what I see and know about Chris. A mistake was made and is being dealt with.

As far as being illegal, please, if done in an entertaining arena it is considered as such. Like saying you can prosecute Anthony Hopkins for cannibalism because of his role in 'Silence of the Lambs'. I understand the arguements, I went through same thing in Germany and it was never considered a problem in Germany-only over the Internet and the Internet reporters. Chris' intent was to entertain not insult anyone in Brazil or the great Brazilian fans.

Times change and for the better. Chris did what a ton of older heels would have done and he reacted. He is being punished and he apologized. He is one of all time greats and a great friend, old habits are hard to change but we must.

Times change and we have to change with it, and we all will.

JBL seems pretty certain this happened.

AxlRose
05-25-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm Brazilian and i will try to explain the situation. I was there yesteday and it really happened.
Kick the flag is a crime, but the people here in Brazil, the fans, were not offended by this because we know it's just Pro Wrestling, but Pro wrestling here don't have many followers, so the police didn't know it was only a work. Again, people here in Brazil are not that "morons", but it's a crime and as well as Jericho, the police was just doing their work...
People here in Brazil are NOT patriotic... the police have to do their work, but it don't mean that the people and the fans agree with it.

So a ask you please, understand us, we don't wanted it, we are just fans like you and it's the first time ever here and was the best day of my life because i thought that WWE would never come to Brazil.

And about the Jericho suspension, i think this part is a work. I think they took advanteged of the situation to put Jericho out of action to he does his Fozzy Shows.

I hope you understand the situation and understand that we in Brazil are not morons (we have morons just like every other place, but we also have many, many good people and the morons are minority), and sorry if i made any mistake of spelling, because my english is not so good.

Automatic
05-25-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm Brazilian and i will try to explain the situation. I was there yesteday and it really happened.
Kick the flag is a crime, but the people here in Brazil, the fans, were not offended by this because we know it's just Pro Wrestling, but Pro wrestling here don't have many followers, so the police didn't know it was only a work. Again, people here in Brazil are not that "morons", but it's a crime and as well as Jericho, the police was just doing their work...
People here in Brazil are NOT patriotic... the police have to do their work, but it don't mean that the people and the fans agree with it.

So a ask you please, understand us, we don't wanted it, we are just fans like you and it's the first time ever here and was the best day of my life because i thought that WWE would never come to Brazil.

And about the Jericho suspension, i think this part is a work. I think they took advanteged of the situation to put Jericho out of action to he does his Fozzy Shows.

I hope you understand the situation and understand that we in Brazil are not morons (we have morons just like every other place, but we also have many, many good people and the morons are minority), and sorry if i made any mistake of spelling, because my english is not so good.

Thanks for clearing that up. So it's just an idiotic law made by Brazilian Government.

JSullivan
05-25-2012, 08:51 AM

And now we have some evidence.

I did say I thought it might have happened.

Obviously, they just used it as a way to get him 'suspended' in time for his Fozzy tour.

AxlRose
05-25-2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjK98AEK6Go

Here is what Jericho did...

JSullivan
05-25-2012, 09:46 AM

Good man.

Such a boss heel.

Kincaid
05-25-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm pretty sure the Fozzy tour is in August so this might be legit. Either way this has been Jericho's LEAST entertaining run with WWE. Bad ending to a bad couple of months for this Jericho fan.

Haruko Haruhara
05-25-2012, 10:37 AM

Death penalty right there!

Keith Stone
05-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Death penalty right there!
Death by smothering

http://discotreats.com/wp-content/uploads/luli_fama_scrunch_butt_-_brazilian_bottom-2-300x300.jpg

JSullivan
05-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Death by smothering

http://discotreats.com/wp-content/uploads/luli_fama_scrunch_butt_-_brazilian_bottom-2-300x300.jpg

It's a trap.

Playboy Stevie V
05-25-2012, 02:54 PM
You have got to be kidding, is my reaction.

It's acting! If I remember correctly The Iron Sheik, Ivan Koloff, Yokozuna..etc desecrated a American flag all in the name of getting heel heat.
I guess some counties are just to sensitive and are not smart enough to know the difference between acting and reality.

So if someone in Brazil is shooting a war movie and in that movie, during a scene someone desecrates their flag, they should be arrested per their law...right? SMH

Automatic
05-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Death by smothering

She's hiding a dick.

Haruko Haruhara
05-25-2012, 03:22 PM
You know what. The report is that a fan tossed the flag into the ring. Wouldn't tossing a flag also be a disgrace? It may of hit the ground which "no flag should ever do"

HeelTurn
05-25-2012, 03:23 PM
I remember when Finlay rubbed the Union Flag on his ass (even though he is British anyway) at a house show over here, the only guy who got pissed was the poor sod whos flag it was.

wrestlingfan66513
05-25-2012, 03:33 PM

That's not the flag though lol it's boxers with the pattern on them. Countries are picky with them because it is their main symbol and to have an outsider dishonoring it is offensive.

Haruko Haruhara
05-25-2012, 03:44 PM
That's not the flag though lol it's boxers with the pattern on them. Countries are picky with them because it is their main symbol and to have an outsider dishonoring it is offensive.

I always considered flags to be like racism. You are separating people due to their county. Causes wars and riots much like the civil rights movement in the US.

wrestlingfan66513
05-25-2012, 04:14 PM
I always considered flags to be like racism. You are separating people due to their county. Causes wars and riots much like the civil rights movement in the US.

flags had nothing to do with the civil rights movement lol. It was just that the government and a lot of store owners treated African, Asian, and Native Americans like 2nd class citizens or worse (Japanese US Citizens were put in concentration camps during the war and lost all of their property and possessions during WW2).

It's like the Olympics, flags are just your team colors and symbol and that's it

Haruko Haruhara
05-25-2012, 04:27 PM
flags had nothing to do with the civil rights movement lol. It was just that the government and a lot of store owners treated African, Asian, and Native Americans like 2nd class citizens or worse (Japanese US Citizens were put in concentration camps during the war and lost all of their property and possessions during WW2).

It's like the Olympics, flags are just your team colors and symbol and that's it

Well i mean the white southerners did and still do have a confederate flag...

wrestlingfan66513
05-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Well i mean the white southerners did and still do have a confederate flag...

That's just ignorant people who have taken things way out of context. I am from the South and and only ignorant guys still carry it or people just using it as a decoration.

Cabers
05-25-2012, 05:05 PM

I'm not buying it tbh we no he has a string of tour dates coming up! I'm not convinced but it is rather convenient timing...

URATOOL
05-25-2012, 05:10 PM

If you don't wear a condom you risk making bunting.

URATOOL
05-25-2012, 05:17 PM

But why? It's a piece of material with a pattern on it. Ahhhhh you're in America. Where they make 5 year old kids swear to said piece of material every morning at school. What a wonderful, free thinking society. Bit like Germany in the 30's.

Shining Light
05-25-2012, 05:54 PM
To be honest, I'd find JBL's goose-stepping in Germany more offensive than kicking the Brazilian flag...

ParagonOfVirtue
05-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Funny how they get so upset about a flag when the country's only international recognition is futbol, the "brazilian" butt lift, and chicks with dicks.

Haruko Haruhara
05-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Great post Sleepy. A country's flag is not just a "decorative piece", it shows the patriotism and pride a person has for their country. Some really can't fault Brazil for taking offense to this whether it was a work or not.

I'm from america and I am patriotic. yet if I had the chance there are a few people in washington I would destroy a flag in front of. I guess it really just all depends on the person. cant make everyone happy

pauadrian
05-26-2012, 12:25 AM
And do you also remember the time someone tossed a glow stick at him and he lost it? I think my point will hold up.
Del Rio was fined for wearing the mexican flag without permission because it was a federal offence

pauadrian
05-26-2012, 12:28 AM
What Jericho did was maybe wrong but I can't blame him especially since the hotel he was staying at looks like this

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/89719/89719,1216168938,1/stock-photo-very-poor-houses-in-parana-state-brazil-14951131.jpg

Wouldn't that be a bit racist bro?

EWN Probie
05-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Del Rio was fined for wearing the mexican flag without permission because it was a federal offence

and he's FROM Mexico lol

EWN Probie
05-26-2012, 02:06 AM
http://youtu.be/Q0iJLWVA_3o

Peter Kaymakcian
05-26-2012, 03:08 AM
I believe this incident was 100% real and I don't blame Brazilians for being upset. It isn't moronic, idiotic, or stupid to care about your flag or to have pride in one's country. That is your home and that flag represents your home. I'm from America and if I saw anyone desecrating our flag I'd do my best to stop them and make them pay. To me that flag is much more than a cheap piece of material, but a symbol of patriotism, freedom, loyalty, and the blood shed to not only create this country, but to also keep it free and to free other countries. I might not agree with everything my country does like the Iraq War, Patriots Acts, and the Bush Tax Cuts to name a few, but I still love this country and love the flag. I know a lot of people don't agree with me and it might be old fashioned loving one's country, but I love my country and my flag.

URATOOL
05-26-2012, 04:58 AM
I believe this incident was 100% real and I don't blame Brazilians for being upset. It isn't moronic, idiotic, or stupid to care about your flag or to have pride in one's country. That is your home and that flag represents your home. I'm from America and if I saw anyone desecrating our flag I'd do my best to stop them and make them pay. To me that flag is much more than a cheap piece of material, but a symbol of patriotism, freedom, loyalty, and the blood shed to not only create this country, but to also keep it free and to free other countries. I might not agree with everything my country does like the Iraq War, Patriots Acts, and the Bush Tax Cuts to name a few, but I still love this country and love the flag. I know a lot of people don't agree with me and it might be old fashioned loving one's country, but I love my country and my flag.

I shall quote my earlier reply:

But why? It's a piece of material with a pattern on it. Ahhhhh you're in America. Where they make 5 year old kids swear to said piece of material every morning at school. What a wonderful, free thinking society. Bit like Germany in the 30's.

Keith Stone
05-26-2012, 05:14 AM
Wouldn't that be a bit racist bro?
no it's more of a knock on Brazil than the people. i stereo-typically picked out a shack in a slum in one portion of the country despite knowing that Brazil is a beautiful place in most spots.

LM_StraightEdge
05-26-2012, 05:17 AM
This is nothing more than an angle to explain his time off to do Fozzy stuff.

Do you have some kind of insider knowledge none of the rest of us have? I would say them announcing his suspension, having to cancel the feud with Orton, apologising to the Brazilian Government, various ex wrestlers commenting on it and HBK saying he had been exchanging messages with Jericho about the incident AND having Big Johnny breaking kayfabe, coming out to the ring in the middle of the match and making the heel apologise would all suggest that it is pretty legit.

Cynicism
05-26-2012, 06:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBCkm9-LvRg - It was so long ago that this was stand but some people still don't get it. It's just a bit of cloth

CM_SUXX_NOT
05-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Do you have some kind of insider knowledge none of the rest of us have? I would say them announcing his suspension, having to cancel the feud with Orton, apologising to the Brazilian Government, various ex wrestlers commenting on it and HBK saying he had been exchanging messages with Jericho about the incident AND having Big Johnny breaking kayfabe, coming out to the ring in the middle of the match and making the heel apologise would all suggest that it is pretty legit.
Yeah well done. He wrote that comment before all the details came out. You've also missed out 60 or so comments that follow that one.

steveorton
05-26-2012, 09:20 AM
No Y2J vs RKO at No Way Out. I do feel that Brazil overreacted.

LM_StraightEdge
05-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Yeah well done. He wrote that comment before all the details came out. You've also missed out 60 or so comments that follow that one.

Actually I think you will find the OP link was to the WWE announcement of the suspension, which included the details of the apology to the Brazilian Government etc etc. My point was he was stating it as fact that it was storyline, rather than opinion. And I responded off the first page obviously before reading the next 60 odd comments, and because Thunder's posts are actually worth reading.

Peter Kaymakcian
05-26-2012, 12:05 PM
I shall quote my earlier reply:

It not only represents my country, but it also represents liberty(blue), freedom(white), and the blood lost to create this country and keep it free(red). Again I know it's old fashioned, but that is how I feel.

URATOOL
05-26-2012, 05:11 PM
It not only represents my country, but it also represents liberty(blue), freedom(white), and the blood lost to create this country and keep it free(red). Again I know it's old fashioned, but that is how I feel.

But it is just a symbolic piece of decor. It has no actual worth above symbolism. Therefore to damage, desecrate or destroy it is both pointless and irrelevant. As the person doing that to it clearly doesn't relate to it's symbolism.

I can get that some people may find it a bit offensive, but then I find stupidity and blind over patriotism offensive. I don't however get all antsy and angry about it though.

Robstar
05-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Yeah I don't get the whole national pride/gung ho patriotism - not to the point where I see my country's flag as a part of myself. I'm proud to be Australian but I'm not going to let myself be defined by that. Patriotism is like a religion in fervour and ubiquitousness - it's interpreted and re-interpreted the world over and seems to give birth to fanaticism amongst it's believers. But hey, that's everyone's right - not just the 'constitutional rights' of one nation; which only apply when you're in that particular country, as Jericho found out.

URATOOL
05-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Yeah I don't get the whole national pride/gung ho patriotism - not to the point where I see my country's flag as a part of myself. I'm proud to be Australian but I'm not going to let myself be defined by that. Patriotism is like a religion in fervour and ubiquitousness - it's interpreted and re-interpreted the world over and seems to give birth to fanaticism amongst it's believers. But hey, that's everyone's right - not just the 'constitutional rights' of one nation; which only apply when you're in that particular country, as Jericho found out.

I like to use the word "Patrio-nazi" to describe people who go nuts about being uber patriotic. I actually find them generally very unpleasent whenever the topic of conversation turns to their country. By all means love your place of birth, but you don't have to wear it like a fucking badge on your sleeve 24/7.

Peter Kaymakcian
05-27-2012, 01:46 AM
But it is just a symbolic piece of decor. It has no actual worth above symbolism. Therefore to damage, desecrate or destroy it is both pointless and irrelevant. As the person doing that to it clearly doesn't relate to it's symbolism.

I can get that some people may find it a bit offensive, but then I find stupidity and blind over patriotism offensive. I don't however get all antsy and angry about it though.

That may be to you, but to me it represents all those qualities. If you don't feel the same that is your opinion, but I would it incredibly disrespectful and offensive to not only disrespect my flag, but any other countries flag as well. I didn't like it when HBK disrespected the Canadian flag in his feud with Bret Hart and I don't like Y2J kicking the Brazilian flag. I understand that it is just entertainment so I don't have my panties in a bunch about it because I know they don't mean it, but I do believe it is in bad taste.

Peter Kaymakcian
05-27-2012, 01:49 AM

I think there is nothing wrong with being patriotic unless you get to the point of where you consider other countries and nationalities inferior. Like I am proud to be an American and to some extent I do define myself as an American. However I am not the type of guy who looks down on other people's countries. I think being a little patriotic is good, but going to the point of making your country the greatest is a little over board.

Robstar
05-27-2012, 03:53 PM
I think there is nothing wrong with being patriotic unless you get to the point of where you consider other countries and nationalities inferior. Like I am proud to be an American and to some extent I do define myself as an American. However I am not the type of guy who looks down on other people's countries. I think being a little patriotic is good, but going to the point of making your country the greatest is a little over board.

This attitude works for me. :D

In the immortal words of the Iron Sheik - "Iran number 1! USA - patooie!!" lolol

HeelTurn
05-27-2012, 03:57 PM
To be a wrestling fan you have to have a sense of humour. Jericho kicking the flag is nowhere near as bad as what others have done before, this is all entertainment he was playing a bad guy its as simple as that. As for this patriotism thing, as has been mentioned people in the UK wear the flag on shorts, meaning we sit on our flag. Be proud of your country yes, if someone burns a flag as a symbolic way of saying "burn in hell" or whatever be mad, but this whole thing was blown out of proportion.

Peter Kaymakcian
05-28-2012, 04:49 PM
This attitude works for me. :D

In the immortal words of the Iron Sheik - "Iran number 1! USA - patooie!!" lolol

That made me lol

Bodom
05-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Before you know it, every heel tactic will be off limits. It'll just be ROH "I want to be the best and I have no other motives" bullshit.