PDA

View Full Version : Dean Ambrose debut

theedgehead
05-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Yo dudes! I for one am super excited about Mr. Moxley debuting on WWE tv, and super disappointed the revolution hasn't turned out to be his debut promo.

How would you guys like Ambrose to debut. I'd love to see him rush CM Punk during a pipe bomb segment at the end of Raw and immediately gun for Punk (not the title) calling him a hypocrite for "falling back on his word as the voice of the voiceless". Basically just going insane!

Either that, or have him go with Regal on Raw. That'd be sweet.

What do you think?

Muzza_H16
05-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Knowing WWE he'll probably come out with Naomi and Cameron as the 1st male Funkadactyl

;-)

JSullivan
05-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Yo dudes! I for one am super excited about Mr. Moxley debuting on WWE tv, and super disappointed the revolution hasn't turned out to be his debut promo.

How would you guys like Ambrose to debut. I'd love to see him rush CM Punk during a pipe bomb segment at the end of Raw and immediately gun for Punk (not the title) calling him a hypocrite for "falling back on his word as the voice of the voiceless". Basically just going insane!

Either that, or have him go with Regal on Raw. That'd be sweet.

What do you think?

Thank god we have someone who can start a thread with more than one sentence!

I'm looking forward to seeing you around here.

There's a lot of people marking out for him at the moment on here.

GreatMuta4life
05-24-2012, 10:06 PM
I like your Punk idea, but that will never happen. Moxley/Ambrose could really be the next Roddy Piper and I think they should build him up on tv slowly like they did when Piper first came to WWF. Let him talk and get heat for a while, then unleash him in the ring. I could see him feuding with someone like Kofi and just destroying him on the mic and having great matches in the ring. I hope they don't screw things up, because Ambrose is a legend in the making.

theedgehead
05-24-2012, 10:13 PM
I like your Punk idea, but that will never happen. Moxley/Ambrose could really be the next Roddy Piper and I think they should build him up on tv slowly like they did when Piper first came to WWF. Let him talk and get heat for a while, then unleash him in the ring. I could see him feuding with someone like Kofi and just destroying him on the mic and having great matches in the ring. I hope they don't screw things up, because Ambrose is a legend in the making.

This right here.
Ambrose sure is a legend in the making. I like the piper idea, sort of what they were doing with sandow. But I find his character so blatantly anarchic that he needs to explode on the scene! just my opinion.

Either way, I just want to watch him every week!!

theedgehead
05-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Thank god we have someone who can start a thread with more than one sentence!

I'm looking forward to seeing you around here.

There's a lot of people marking out for him at the moment on here.

thanks man, i've been reading the forums for a while so i'm pretty sure i've learnt how things sort of get done around here

pauadrian
05-24-2012, 10:18 PM
The revolution was WWE 13 ¬¬

GreatMuta4life
05-24-2012, 10:35 PM
This right here.
Ambrose sure is a legend in the making. I like the piper idea, sort of what they were doing with sandow. But I find his character so blatantly anarchic that he needs to explode on the scene! just my opinion.

Good point about the inherent anarchic nature of his character. But perhaps that explosion would make more of an impact if they kept him out of the ring for a while and sort of fooled the fans into thinking he was just kinda crazy and not a real threat. What they did with Piper was actually make the fans think he was just a manager, not a wrestler. So when Piper finally had a match and started kicking ass with his crazy brawling style, it was shocking and memorable. Build Ambrose up as this loud mouth that the fans can't wait to see get his, and then Ambrose just explodes and destroys everyone when he's had too much. Potentially epic.

Tommy Thunder
05-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Ambrose has the potential to be big, real big. As long as WWE don't fuck it up with him, then I'll be happy.

theedgehead
05-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Ambrose has the potential to be big, real big. As long as WWE don't fuck it up with him, then I'll be happy.

ditto here. as long as they keep the insane ambrose and show his wrestling style appropriately it should turn out ok

No_1eddiefan
05-25-2012, 12:38 AM
I like the idea of a Punk-Ambrose feud, but I think it should be held off until Ambrose is more settled into the WWE.

I have a feeling this Foley-Ambrose feud isn't over, and I think that Foley will be on Raw one week, hopefully soon, and cut a promo but be interrupted by Ambrose making his debut.

I agree with everybody that he has a hell of a lot of potential.

nrb6304
05-25-2012, 12:44 AM
I actually haven't seen him in the ring or any promos. Anybody got a YouTube to some?? Besides the ones with Foley.

Tommy Thunder
05-25-2012, 12:46 AM
I like the idea of a Punk-Ambrose feud, but I think it should be held off until Ambrose is more settled into the WWE.

I have a feeling this Foley-Ambrose feud isn't over, and I think that Foley will be on Raw one week, hopefully soon, and cut a promo but be interrupted by Ambrose making his debut.

I agree with everybody that he has a hell of a lot of potential.

The only question I have about the Ambrose-Foley thing is where is it leading? I know that Foley himself has said a few times that he feels he has "one more big bump" left in him, but is he really up for one more match? Sure he was in the Rumble, but he didn't exactly move much and didn't look too spritely in there (of course he didn't have to move a lot with so many others in the ring), but if Foley's to have one more match (with Ambrose) he needs to get his ass in real good shape for it.

If it happens though, it'd be a nice thing to see. The back and forth on Twitter has been entertaining to follow and of course you have that altercation at Wrestlemania Axxess. There would be good promos between both, and if Foley does manage to get in shape, then I'm sure that some sort of hardcore themed match between both would be great to see.

Tommy Thunder
05-25-2012, 12:47 AM
I actually haven't seen him in the ring or any promos. Anybody got a YouTube to some?? Besides the ones with Foley.

Youtube John Moxley, or look for Dean Ambrose FCW. Not exactly hard to find stuff.

theedgehead
05-25-2012, 12:58 AM
i definitely don't want to see Foley wrestle anymore. Seeing him run down the ramp at the rumble was painful as i have so much respect for him.

I think Ambrose needs a high profile upper midcard feud straight off the bat even though I want him to go right after punk and solidify his status as a heel, i mean what better way to establish yourself than taking out the WWE champ on your debut.

But thats not going to happen (we can always dream), anyway I think someone like christian could really put him over without destroying his own reputation as well as putting on some AWESEOME matches. But there's no storyline there...

No wonder Trips is keeping them off TV until they have good storylines in place. This shits tough :P

theedgehead
05-25-2012, 12:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVKIelxvb8w

Mikeyboy7777777
05-25-2012, 02:36 AM
The only question I have about the Ambrose-Foley thing is where is it leading? I know that Foley himself has said a few times that he feels he has "one more big bump" left in him, but is he really up for one more match? Sure he was in the Rumble, but he didn't exactly move much and didn't look too spritely in there (of course he didn't have to move a lot with so many others in the ring), but if Foley's to have one more match (with Ambrose) he needs to get his ass in real good shape for it.

If it happens though, it'd be a nice thing to see. The back and forth on Twitter has been entertaining to follow and of course you have that altercation at Wrestlemania Axxess. There would be good promos between both, and if Foley does manage to get in shape, then I'm sure that some sort of hardcore themed match between both would be great to see.

sorry but i don't see the point in having foley take place in wwe again he's got nothing to do here anymore and his first return promo he hardly got a reaction from anybody why let foley take a tv spot that regal could take? regal is the perfect option they have chemistry they have promo's they are both quite good at making shit up and sound believable and regal is quite over as a face as seen when he got eliminated in the over the limit battle royal it'd be perfect

elduce01
05-25-2012, 05:43 AM
I'm a believer in Jon Moxley! Only 26, can wrestle and get better in time! If he were to enter the WWE at it's current state, hands down he'd slay everyone on the mic! They are biding his time for his debut and with Mick Foley out of the picture better question is; Who will put Dean Ambrose over? Regal is busy on NXT now, Foley is an ass...No idea yet but this guy has already won the respect of the IWC and he's ready to burst on the scene.

ParagonOfVirtue
05-25-2012, 06:03 AM
The revolution was WWE 13 ¬¬

And Punk was the poster boy, making him the "mystery guy" from the video who's ears were "no where near big enough" to be the guy in the video. Since that thread is now closed, i'll post here. TOLD YOU SO! lol.

OP: Ambrose is the future, it doesn't matter how he gets on tv, as long as I get to watch and enjoy.

Cabers
05-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Knowing WWE he'll probably come out with Naomi and Cameron as the 1st male Funkadactyl

;-)

Hope to god a WWE creative personnel never reads this!! It will give them horrible ideas!!

ihearvoices
05-25-2012, 11:26 AM
I never get why the IWC wants independent guys to jump right into the main event scene rather then earn a spot. IMO it doesn't matter what a guy did in FCW or ROH or TNA unless your a major draw you should start from the bottom and work your way up like all the greats did.

thedag
05-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Looks like he is hurt. So we have to deal with people whining longer about him not being on tv yet.

mrbluto
05-25-2012, 01:46 PM
I think they should continue the Dean Ambrose-William Regal feud on Smackdown, go evil V evil, show that Ambrose is as dangerous in the ring as he is with his mouth. Then aim him toward a second level face then Punk.

imswm
05-25-2012, 05:06 PM
This right here.

I put Moxley/Ambrose over strong in the newest Power Slam--http://www.manoronmovies.com/Thought213.htm--but let's not get too crazy with the "legend in the making" talk over someone who hasn't even been on the big stage yet (beyond an enhancement spot now and then.)

The whole "lock to be the Next Big Thing" list of guys who, for various reasons, didn't create an anticipated sensation seems to add a new member every season. Wasn't Colt Cabana going to rule, just to choose one example? No disrespect meant to the workers (IMO Colt is very talented), but the WWE is not exactly setting records when it comes to creating new stars.

MattTY2JHBK
05-25-2012, 05:40 PM
I put Moxley/Ambrose over strong in the newest Power Slam--http://www.manoronmovies.com/Thought213.htm--but let's not get too crazy with the "legend in the making" talk over someone who hasn't even been on the big stage yet (beyond an enhancement spot now and then.)

The whole "lock to be the Next Big Thing" list of guys who, for various reasons, didn't create an anticipated sensation seems to add a new member every season. Wasn't Colt Cabana going to rule, just to choose one example? No disrespect meant to the workers (IMO Colt is very talented), but the WWE is not exactly setting records when it comes to creating new stars.

I agree with this, and by the way, I LOVE reading Power Slam. I subscribe and look forward to receiving my new issue each month to see everybody's opinions and to see what's going down in other promotions.

I've seen a few promos and matches from Ambrose/Moxley on Youtube and I'm enjoying what I see (I'll post my favourite promo from Moxley after his match with Drake Younger for IPW).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNGOY-jeYwI

In my opinion, he has glimpses of Foley/Piper/Pillman/Raven in his promo style. More importantly, it is very fresh and different compared to other current performers in the WWE. Also, after viewing some of his matches on FCW (CM Punk/Regal/Rollins), his in-ring work is also very good, but is maybe lacking a little on the technical side.

To answer the question, I love theedgehead's original idea of having him feud with CM Punk on his debut.
It would be awesome if they let him become the newest outspoken wrestler, who challenges Punk and questions his ideas and thoughts on others now, compared to last years Pipe-Bombs.
Also, he could also portray a dark, depressed individual who is obsessed on turning the WWE back to the good old days of wrestling, and becoming the 'sports-entertainment' savior.

There are lots of other great ideas that others have put too, but in the end, it will all come down to how the WWE creates/pushes him.
Let's hope they do a good job and stick with him, because, as we all seem to agree, he has bundles of potential.

Edit: Iv'e just seen on the newsboard that he has picked up a shoulder injury in a match on FCW against Seth Rollins.
Let's wish him a speedy recovery and hope he debuts on our screens soon.
:D

theedgehead
05-25-2012, 06:51 PM
well ryan clark is now reporting that he has injured himself. well that sucks arse.