PDA

View Full Version : Big names on WWE Superstars?

Dashing Rachel
05-22-2012, 09:59 PM
What would it be like if guys like John Cena, Randy Orton, Sheamus, CM Punk, Cody Rhodes, and Alberto Del Rio competed on WWE Superstars? At least, WWE Superstars ​would get banner ratings.

Iron Ape
05-22-2012, 10:00 PM
It would be just like RAW.

EWN Probie
05-22-2012, 10:01 PM

....without the stupid storylines

Broc
05-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Superstars is honestly great how it is. They have by far the best wrestling on that show with people like Tyson Kidd, Trent Barretta, Justin Gabriel, etc.

It's a shame it doesn't get televised anymore.

Iron Ape
05-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Superstars is honestly great how it is. They have by far the best wrestling on that show with people like Tyson Kidd, Trent Barretta, Justin Gabriel, etc.

I would imagine it will resurface once the network is up and running.

Broc
05-22-2012, 10:08 PM
I would imagine it will resurface once the network is up and running.

Yes, it probably will. It'll be worth watching for sure. I'm curious if the WWE Network will wind up just being one of Vince's failures or not. It's an interesting idea, but I just feel they'll likely mess it up.

Tommy Thunder
05-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Well as others have said, it would just be like Raw or Smackdown but without promos and all that.

Superstars is fine as it is for me. It has great talents on it every week and it serves up good quality wrestling each week, which is the purpose of the show.

Dashing Rachel
05-22-2012, 10:19 PM

Don't forget Ezekiel Jackson, Yoshi Tatsu, Heath Slater, Michael McGillicutty, Alex Riley, JTG, and Mason Ryan as well. I also noticed that guys like Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan haven't competed on WWE Superstars ​in ages, I wonder why?

Tommy Thunder
05-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Don't forget Ezekiel Jackson, Yoshi Tatsu, Heath Slater, Michael McGillicutty, Alex Riley, JTG, and Mason Ryan as well. I also noticed that guys like Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan haven't competed on WWE Superstars ​in ages, I wonder why?

Are you serious bro?

HCollins-TNA1
05-22-2012, 10:25 PM
It would be a great idea, if say maybe the World or WWE title is defended or champion has a match at least once a year.. or for that any main eventer.... Flair would wrestle the B and C and syndicated shows for the NWA.... Hogan would do the same thing when he was champion in the WWF...

Keith Stone
05-23-2012, 07:11 AM
WWE Superstars should become Clash of the Champions a monthy event where the champions go against up and coming guys

TempestH
05-23-2012, 09:46 AM
What I think they should do is tape Superstars as a separate event focusing on the mid card and lowcard guys and headlined by something like John Cena vs. Jinder Mahal or CM Punk vs. Drew McIntyre.

malvec
05-23-2012, 02:11 PM
What I think they should do is tape Superstars as a separate event focusing on the mid card and lowcard guys and headlined by something like John Cena vs. Jinder Mahal or CM Punk vs. Drew McIntyre.
That is actually a pretty good idea. This could be a positive thing as well for the up and comers to be in the ring with a real "general" and learn tons.

CenationRulez1097
05-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Totally disagree. When you have a show like Superstars it is not to highlight guys like John Cena or Randy Orton ( Even through I would watch it more often). It's to elevate guys like Tyson Kidd or Justin Gabriel.Tyson rivalry with Micheal Mchilluty has been successful as of late. How are we suppose to eleveate tomorrow superstars if we keep highlighting the same material. Superstars is a great place for these young guys to show off skills and hopefully put on an amazing match-ups.

Cabers
05-23-2012, 02:52 PM

Exactly but with no storylines or promos.

ELNIOJR
05-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Last time I checked, The Show was supposed to give Young/Lost superstars TV time to shine...

PrimusSucks
05-23-2012, 06:02 PM
It would be a great idea, if say maybe the World or WWE title is defended or champion has a match at least once a year.. or for that any main eventer.... Flair would wrestle the B and C and syndicated shows for the NWA.... Hogan would do the same thing when he was champion in the WWF...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8BoPSB0_RQ

You mean like this match?

HCollins-TNA1
05-23-2012, 10:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8BoPSB0_RQ

You mean like this match?
Yeap good example....
It was matches like Barry Windom vs Ric Flair on World Wide or Sting vs Ric Flair on World Wide that got many talking about the challengers future.... Even Triple H wrestled on Heat once or twice.... As long as it build a career or get people talking about the challenger it works..

tupelojoe81
05-24-2012, 09:22 AM
WCW Worldwide was awesome!

PrimusSucks
05-24-2012, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gu2l9zgdBk

Well, just thought I'd post some stuff I remember from Superstars, Undertaker vs Matt Hardy was the first match on the revamped superstars show.

Christian and Tommy Dreamer once had an ECW championship match on Superstars back in the day but I can't seem to find it.

Dashing Rachel
05-24-2012, 08:55 PM
I remember that Undertaker vs Matt Hardy match. A solid match from the two. Matt Hardy's heel run was quite good at this time. I don't know why he turned face afterwords.

By the way man, I found a video of Tommy Dreamer vs Christian for the ECW World title on WWE Superstars. Here you go:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9d2ll_superstars-christian-vs-tommy-dream_sport

I thought having the main eventers going against the mid-carders on WWE Superstars was a great idea. Like when John Cena took on Ted Dibiase when main eventers actually appeared on Superstars.

I know. Today, it's midcarders, jobbers, and divas who compete on WWE Superstars these days. When Cody Rhodes first moved to SD in 2010, it wasn't unusual for him to appear on the show. Today, Rhodes hardly appears on the show nowadays since he's one of SmackDown's main Superstars alongside Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, etc.

PrimusSucks
05-24-2012, 09:23 PM
One reason I feel they don't put the main eventers on Superstars nowadays is because the show has no TV deal, so they can't make money off of Cena being on the show like they can with Raw. If Superstars had a TV deal I feel this thread wouldn't exist.

Dashing Rachel
05-24-2012, 09:56 PM
I would love to see Cody Rhodes vs John Cena on WWE Superstars or even CM Punk vs Drew McIntyre. It would help those mid-card talent compete with main eventers to get their taste in the main event scene. It also give us a good quality of matches to look at as a fan of the shows. I don't see why doesn't often do this. Hell, I remember when it was Psycho Sid vs Bret Hart on WWF Superstars and even they put main eventers on the shows back in the old Superstars days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGTnAX7affU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GDTuEvAo10

That would be a great idea for John Cena face Cody Rhodes on WWE Superstars. But that's highly unlikely since Cena and Rhodes are two of WWE's big names at the moment.

steveorton
05-27-2012, 08:28 PM
What would it be like if guys like John Cena, Randy Orton, Sheamus, CM Punk, Cody Rhodes, and Alberto Del Rio competed on WWE Superstars? At least, WWE Superstars ​would get banner ratings.

The purpose of Superstars is to showcase the guys who can't make it in the Main Roster of Raw or SD for that week. What's the purpose of having CM Punk on Raw and Superstars yes it might draw alittle greater rating but imo it would be better in the long run to showcase guys like Ryder, Drew, Riley,etc. It keeps these guys relevant and gives them a chance to become more over with the Universe.

TheDevilsAdvocate
05-27-2012, 08:42 PM
I think having main eventers appear on WWE Superstars to work with mid-card talents who have potential can be beneficial for that said mid-carder. It gives the mid-carder a rub since they are working with a top main eventer in a 6-7 minute match. Like if Tyson Kidd was to have a 6-7 minute match with, say, CM Punk, than it makes Tyson Kidd seem like a big deal since he took the WWE Champion to his limit rather than getting squashed. Plus, with Raw becoming 3hrs, it gives more talent that aren't normally showcased to appear on the flagship show.

That's if they can hold back their undeniable tingle to have a comedy hour.

Dashing Rachel
05-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Well, there have been instances when there was two Divas matches on WWE Superstars. I wonder if we'll get to see two Divas matches on this week's show like maybe Beth Phoenix vs. Alicia Fox & Layla vs. Natalya? Hmm...

HeelTurn
05-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Superstars was cool when it had the likes of Taker, Christian, Bryan, Barrett etc making appearances. Now they seem to have their own roster.

steveorton
05-30-2012, 08:12 AM
I think having main eventers appear on WWE Superstars to work with mid-card talents who have potential can be beneficial for that said mid-carder. It gives the mid-carder a rub since they are working with a top main eventer in a 6-7 minute match. Like if Tyson Kidd was to have a 6-7 minute match with, say, CM Punk, than it makes Tyson Kidd seem like a big deal since he took the WWE Champion to his limit rather than getting squashed. Plus, with Raw becoming 3hrs, it gives more talent that aren't normally showcased to appear on the flagship show.

Good point WWTNAMark :D