PDA

View Full Version : Happy with current state of Cena?

akbar
05-22-2012, 08:27 AM
My brother complained to me yesterday about Cena been in another bad feud with Big Show and the likely terrible match that will headline No Way Out. So it got me thinking at least his not in the title scene...and thank god for that because that's the last thing I or I think any wrestling fan would like to see again.

Cena needs to headline the show for the company to make money and get buys simple as that so I don't think there's any point arguing about it. So I've come to conclusion that I am happy to sacrifice my joy of watching the actual main event in order to see some more great matches for the Championship's like Punk/Bryan and Shameus etc...regardless of it been before a Clay dance off or a Divas match.

Thoughts?

PSOjedi
05-22-2012, 08:52 AM
In the title picture or not, Cena is boring in the ring. His character is the most boring actually in the WWE, because he is the same for 7 years now. Same attitude, same things in the ring (with 2 or 3 exceptions). As long as his character will be "The Marine babyface", he will always be boring to watch.

82Tucker
05-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Cena should not be in every main event, he's not the champion. The WWE Championship belt is still made for Cena, he is the main event in every PPV and he's still being rammed down our throats.

Guess you could say I'm sick of Cena having the spotlight constantly, CM Punk & DB proved they can put on a tremendous match like they did at OTL. Why the hell would people enjoy seeing more of the over the top Corny Cena and a daft old fart having a complete mockery of a match (if you can actually call it a match and not a piss take) instead of a truly legit high skilled match between 2 superstars who can put on a clinic???

HeelTurn
05-22-2012, 08:55 AM
I am glad he is out of the picture for now, but I do not see why he has to be in the last match of every PPV? I would be surprised if he didn't main event No Way Out aswell. Its a bit of a pet peve of mine, but either the WWE or World title should headline, unless theres an exceptional circumstance ie Brock/Rock.

MattTY2JHBK
05-22-2012, 09:12 AM
I am glad he is out of the picture for now, but I do not see why he has to be in the last match of every PPV? I would be surprised if he didn't main event No Way Out aswell. Its a bit of a pet peve of mine, but either the WWE or World title should headline, unless theres an exceptional circumstance ie Brock/Rock.
I agree with this. It is nice to see John Cena out of the title picture and focusing on other feuds but just because it's Cena, WHY does that mean it's the main event?
The CM Punk/Daniel Bryan match at OTL SHOULD have gone on last no question, and should they fight each other again at No Way Out, It SHOULD go on last again.
Can you imagine if Cena Vs Big Show is the main event, whilst say,... CM Punk Vs Daniel Bryan in a 30 Minute Ultimate Submission Match for the WWE Championship goes on before it?
Once again, it's things like this that force the titles to be less prestigious...

akbar
05-22-2012, 09:33 AM
I agree with this. It is nice to see John Cena out of the title picture and focusing on other feuds but just because it's Cena, WHY does that mean it's the main event?
The CM Punk/Daniel Bryan match at OTL SHOULD have gone on last no question, and should they fight each other again at No Way Out, It SHOULD go on last again.
Can you imagine if Cena Vs Big Show is the main event, whilst say,... CM Punk Vs Daniel Bryan in a 30 Minute Ultimate Submission Match for the WWE Championship goes on before it?
Once again, it's things like this that force the titles to be less prestigious...
Because Cena is the biggest draw?

MattTY2JHBK
05-22-2012, 09:38 AM
I guess... but how are you supposed to let others get to the same point he is at unless you give them a chance to main-event?

82Tucker
05-22-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm sure CM Punk & DB will be drawing just the same if not more at the moment considering Cena's current angle.

HeelTurn
05-22-2012, 09:41 AM

But for PPVs it makes no sense, Cena is not bigger than the WWE title.

Also people buy the whole PPVs, not individual matches, so Cena does not need to be in the last match.

ELNIOJR
05-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Happy with current state of Cena?

NO! Out of the title picture or not, He's the FOCUS POINT, still kick off the shows, Main Event them. He's in boring feuds, and yet main events the PPVs. OTL for example. But hey, that's me.

PSOjedi
05-22-2012, 10:01 AM
The reasons Big Show gave for his actions, is a total non sense !!!!
it seems that once again, this storyline, if we can call it like that, has been written 30 minutes before the ppv !!!

Garbage

ELNIOJR
05-22-2012, 10:09 AM
The reasons Big Show gave for his actions, is a total non sense !!!!
it seems that once again, this storyline, if we can call it like that, has been written 30 minutes before the ppv !!!

Garbage

Everytime we're close to No_Way_Out season, Big Show screws John Cena :)

http://sp7.fotolog.com/photo/7/24/48/fredd_rayas/1241402127306_f.jpg

PSOjedi
05-22-2012, 10:52 AM
OK, on RAW Cena was really pissed of what happened at OTL. Then at the end of RAW he was again pissed at Big Show who destroyed him backstage. If that happened to guys like Orton, or Sheamus, they would chase Big Show and attack him as soon as the would see him, for revenge.

Let's see next next week what Cena will do. I think things are going to be completely different.

PSOjedi
05-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Everytime we're close to No_Way_Out season, Big Show screws John Cena :)

And Cena called him "his friend" on RAW !!!! lol

Keith Stone
05-22-2012, 12:16 PM
At this point in his career he reminds me of Adam Sandler movies. Sandler's movies have always always been bad but people liked them and didn't care........ten years ago. Now his movies are to the point where the only people that think they're still funny are kids. Things got stale and repetitive but Sandler keeps making the same movies because he's still making money from kids

Automatic
05-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Cena rises above the belt.

Mikeyboy7777777
05-22-2012, 01:45 PM
and they say he's the most hard working if you put a guy on half of the program he will have to work at least a little hard you give him fame that's why he's the hardest working because you force him too i hate that argument so much he doesn't work the hardest out of his own he does so because he has to.

Robareid
05-22-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm glad he's out of the title picture but his match is still constantly the main event. I don't mind his occassional main event, The Rock & Brock Lesnar made sense, as did Johnny to an extent but Big Show vs. John Cena doesn't need to main event. It's devaluing the titles

akbar
05-22-2012, 01:58 PM
What I am saying is that aren't people willing to sacrifice the main event in order to have other great wrestler go for the title?...because I certainly am.

HeelTurn
05-22-2012, 02:02 PM
What I am saying is that aren't people willing to sacrifice the main event in order to have other great wrestler go for the title?...because I certainly am.

What we don't understand is why Cena has to be the last match. We are all happy with others in the title picture, especially with the Bryan/Punk feud, but they should be main eventing, not some non-title match with Cena or anyone else for that matter bar a few circumstances.

malvec
05-23-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm just waiting for the day that Cena gets bitten by a zombie so someone could legally put a bullet through his brain. And by his brain I mean his character Metaforicly speaking because Cena the person is a hellava guy...

CenationRulez1097
05-23-2012, 03:54 PM
John Cena is good because he is a big draw!

URATOOL
05-23-2012, 05:09 PM
But for PPVs it makes no sense, Cena is not bigger than the WWE title.

Also people buy the whole PPVs, not individual matches, so Cena does not need to be in the last match.

I hate to break it to you, but he is.

I'm glad he's out of the title picture but his match is still constantly the main event. I don't mind his occassional main event, The Rock & Brock Lesnar made sense, as did Johnny to an extent but Big Show vs. John Cena doesn't need to main event. It's devaluing the titles

See above. He is already above the title.

I'm just waiting for the day that Cena gets bitten by a zombie so someone could legally put a bullet through his brain. And by his brain I mean his character Metaforicly speaking because Cena the person is a hellava guy...

http://www.john-cena-posters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/WWE-John-Cena-Zombie-Pictures.jpg

Keith Stone
05-24-2012, 02:07 AM
I think eventually his character will be killed off only for Cena to return as a Crow inspired character with a baseball bat and a trenchcoat and wear a black singlet. I know its not exactly original but hell it worked wonders for Sting, a wrestler that wore just as colorful of gear as Cena does now and pretty much the same flat top hair cut

SilverGhost
05-24-2012, 02:17 AM
I hate to break it to you, but he is.

See above. He is already above the title.

http://www.john-cena-posters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/WWE-John-Cena-Zombie-Pictures.jpg

This guy....

But yes. Cena is way above the WWE title and we have seen it numerous times. The show will end with Cena. Even if the WWE Championship match will be a five-star, Cena will go last because you know....happy endings for the kids and family.

TheDevilsAdvocate
05-24-2012, 02:00 PM
This guy....

But yes. Cena is way above the WWE title and we have seen it numerous times. The show will end with Cena. Even if the WWE Championship match will be a five-star, Cena will go last because you know....happy endings for the kids and family.

He's pretty high up there. John Cena also had the honor of facing guys like Brock Lesnar and The Rock over the past year and a half now. I don't see John Cena walking away from the squared circle any time soon. He loves the business and he likes to entertain people. I admit that he has it in him to be an entertaining guy. And I find it to be rather funny that John Cena is more entertaining when he plays dirty with weapons. It seems like he was made for that kind of stuff.

URATOOL
05-24-2012, 05:18 PM
John Cena is one of the greatest sport entertainers to ever step into the ring. Sorry to those that feel the need to hate the guy/the character, but what he's done, how he's played the game, how he's carried himself, what he's done for the company is undeniable. The guy is sports entertainment. Before him was Hogan and after him will be the next guy. Suck it up and live with it princesses.

magglis
05-24-2012, 05:56 PM
John Cena is one of the greatest sport entertainers to ever step into the ring. Sorry to those that feel the need to hate the guy/the character, but what he's done, how he's played the game, how he's carried himself, what he's done for the company is undeniable. The guy is sports entertainment. Before him was Hogan and after him will be the next guy. Suck it up and live with it princesses.
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/671422/671422,1301780370,4/stock-vector-applause-vector-74453413.jpg
Great words Toolie i couldn't say it better.Either you like or hate Cena you must respect him

Asherdelampyr
05-24-2012, 06:07 PM
He's making a ton of money, keeping out of the title scene, and doing his thing, what's not to be happy about?