PDA

View Full Version : UK Over the limit coverage

faithbreaker19
05-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Just noticed that tonight's PPV is on Sky Sports 1 free of charge for those of us fans in the UK. I know this has happened before but I was just wondering whether there is any routine to how often this happens? To me it seems like lucky dip which ones are sent to Sky Sports 1 for free and which ones we have to PPV for!

JSullivan
05-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Just noticed that tonight's PPV is on Sky Sports 1 free of charge for those of us fans in the UK. I know this has happened before but I was just wondering whether there is any routine to how often this happens? To me it seems like lucky dip which ones are sent to Sky Sports 1 for free and which ones we have to PPV for!

Yeah, I don't know how it's worked out.

'Bigger' events usually cost.

TheWarMachine
05-20-2012, 03:29 PM
I wasn't actually aware of this, I hadn't got round to checking. £15 saved. As for which PPV, I think they have a deal for about 4 a year. You won't get the 'Big 4.' Elimination Chamber was on Sky this year and if I remember right I think MITB was last year, so probably will be again.

Destruction
05-20-2012, 03:34 PM

I believe, this year, Sky Sports has

-Elimination Chamber
-Over the Limit
-Money in the Bank
-Night of Champions

82Tucker
05-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Yeah those PPV's are free on Sky Sports. Just aswell really I've spent a fortune on buying the others!!

faithbreaker19
05-20-2012, 03:44 PM
How on earth did you guys find out this information? haha

Destruction
05-20-2012, 03:47 PM
How on earth did you guys find out this information? haha

Ryan Clark reporting (or coping and pasting, take your pick :p) this back in December

CGBigMan
05-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Its been that way since the attidute era

The big 4 plus 2 more ones normally are paid
the rest are on sky sports 1

which technically is paid because you need a subscription for those channels

ChosenOne
05-20-2012, 04:18 PM
They used to simply alternate the PPVs between Box Office & Sky Sports, which still managed to keep the "big 4" events on Box Office, but there doesn't seem to be any particular order anymore.

HeelTurn
05-20-2012, 04:26 PM
I think its stems to when Channel 4 used to show PPVs. The big 4 used to be Box Office and the others Sky Sports, but Channel 4 had about 4 PPVs? The only one I remember being on there though was Backlash which is now Extreme Rules. So now the big 4, plus any that used to be on Channel 4 are now Box Office.

Cabers
05-20-2012, 05:05 PM
I think its stems to when Channel 4 used to show PPVs. The big 4 used to be Box Office and the others Sky Sports, but Channel 4 had about 4 PPVs? The only one I remember being on there though was Backlash which is now Extreme Rules. So now the big 4, plus any that used to be on Channel 4 are now Box Office.

Yeah i remember back a good few years ago watching the Royal Rumble on Channel 4 jesus that was years ago now i was 4 at the time!!

lewism173
05-20-2012, 05:44 PM
only ones not on sky sports r mania, rr, ss, summerslam, extreme rules

JSullivan
05-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Looks like I'm streaming it tonight now. Was set to be at a friends.

Bad times.

jjpenny
05-20-2012, 07:59 PM
If you check out the sky sports website mate you can find out what ppvs are 'free' and ones which are on box office, there is more on box office than 'free' :)