PDA

View Full Version : WWE Championship

zoobile1
05-20-2012, 02:17 PM
(John Cena (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=John%20Cena) vs. John Laurinaitis is currently set to be the main event at WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) Over the Limit tonight. [Credit: Wrestling Observer])

Is it just me or does WWE never headline it's PPV's with their main championship anymore. Survivor Series (Rock and Cena vs Truth and Miz) Elimination Chamber it was the first match i believe. WrestleMania was Cena vs. Rock. Last PPV was Cena vs Lesnar and now they say it will be Cena vs Laurinitas tonight. You would think the WWE Champion would be your main focus. I understand they're all big matches but it makes the WWE Championship look like who cares.

Broc
05-20-2012, 02:22 PM
I get what you're saying, but truly, WWE has done a great job at making interesting feuds without having the title involved. I don't mind them putting Cena's matches in the main event right now. The WWE Title still is having a lot of good story lines too, with Jericho/Punk and now Punk/Bryan, so I wouldn't say that it's "who cares" there, just that there's more than one main feud now.

JSullivan
05-20-2012, 02:23 PM
WWE Title should ALWAYS be main event, save a few exceptions - Royal Rumble for example.

ELNIOJR
05-20-2012, 02:29 PM
WWE Title should ALWAYS be main event, save a few exceptions - Royal Rumble for example.

As long they dont screw up with Bryan vs Punk...

ihearvoices
05-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Punk and Bryan match has no real built up to it so when compare to John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis. Plus Cena is wwe #1 guy he should be in the main event Picture especially since he been out of the wwe picture for a while now.

JSullivan
05-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah, the lack of build-up for Punk/Bryan is dumb as shit.

Anyone who knows anything about them knows this is a match made in heaven...

ihearvoices
05-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Yeah, the lack of build-up for Punk/Bryan is dumb as shit.

Anyone who knows anything about them knows this is a match made in heaven...

I agree I feel like this just happen out of nowhere I think WWE did this only because the following Bryan as gotten following WM

zoobile1
05-20-2012, 03:00 PM
I get what you're saying, but truly, WWE has done a great job at making interesting feuds without having the title involved. I don't mind them putting Cena's matches in the main event right now. The WWE Title still is having a lot of good story lines too, with Jericho/Punk and now Punk/Bryan, so I wouldn't say that it's "who cares" there, just that there's more than one main feud now.

Yea I'm not saying their bad feuds I just think it looks like they're just making the title secondary nowadays.

JSullivan
05-20-2012, 03:08 PM
I agree I feel like this just happen out of nowhere I think WWE did this only because the following Bryan as gotten following WM

Maybe trying to scupper his support so they can push him down Heel-Alley again against the fans will?

All it will be is everyone cheering for both - WWE aren't as smart as they like to think.

ihearvoices
05-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Yea I'm not saying their bad feuds I just think it looks like they're just making the title secondary nowadays.

Look at who's holding it, cm punk hasn't being interesting for sometime now. I say from his feud with ADR til now cm punk has been boring. His feud with Jericho was good only because of Jericho promos. Also IMO the main event match should always be the match that most people are waiting to see, which is John Cena vs John Laurinaitis

ihearvoices
05-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Maybe trying to scupper his support so they can push him down Heel-Alley again against the fans will?

All it will be is everyone cheering for both - WWE aren't as smart as they like to think.

Bryan should just be face because he has done a bad job at being heel. Don't get me wrong he has done a great job at getting a cult following as of lately but thats not what a heel is suppose to do. I think the only thing that wwe could do to make Bryan viewed as a heel and dislike would be have him do something to AJ unforgivable.

Cynicism
05-20-2012, 03:38 PM
I think the Royal Rumble should be the exception to the Champion headlining and the only one. Am not fussed which of the top two titles they put on the line but if they want to make their championships be the most important thing in the business they need to be the most important matches at their PPVs.

Then again I still think that the winner of the royal rumble should always get to headline wrestlemania

zoobile1
05-20-2012, 04:15 PM
I think the Royal Rumble should be the exception to the Champion headlining and the only one. Am not fussed which of the top two titles they put on the line but if they want to make their championships be the most important thing in the business they need to be the most important matches at their PPVs.

Then again I still think that the winner of the royal rumble should always get to headline wrestlemania

I agree with you man The Royal Rumble winner has opened Wrestlemania 2 years in a row. The winners always say I'm going on to headline Wrestlemania but your not really headlining Wrestlemania in the opening contest lol.

VincemcMahon
05-20-2012, 04:42 PM
The common denominator here is John Cena, the title is a prop, Cena is WWE's champion.

Cabers
05-20-2012, 05:07 PM
I think there is quiet a streak of the wwe championship not main eventing ppvs lately.

JSullivan
05-20-2012, 05:34 PM
The common denominator here is John Cena, the title is a prop, Cena is WWE's champion.

100% This.

Keith Stone
05-21-2012, 05:39 AM
I miss when HHH held the World Heavyweight Title on RAW. The WWE title was always poo poo to me and now that's it vagazzled it only makes me think more of the world title. It's just my favorite belt since WCW and even ask all the championship sports teams what's their belt they'll show you. WCW shit all over it but they got what they deserved for doing it.

Mikeyboy7777777
05-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Punk and Bryan match has no real built up to it so when compare to John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis. Plus Cena is wwe #1 guy he should be in the main event Picture especially since he been out of the wwe picture for a while now.
then what use would holding the wwe championship have? you're not cena so you are not main event material even while holding the main event championship? sorry but this logic does not make any sense

AreYaSerious
05-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Bryan should just be face because he has done a bad job at being heel. Don't get me wrong he has done a great job at getting a cult following as of lately but thats not what a heel is suppose to do. I think the only thing that wwe could do to make Bryan viewed as a heel and dislike would be have him do something to AJ unforgivable.

Are you serious? He's doing a bad job at being heel? I don't mean to be a dick but that's just straight up stupid. They're people who seriously can not stand Daniel Bryan, so I say he's doing a great job.

Look at who's holding it, cm punk hasn't being interesting for sometime now. I say from his feud with ADR til now cm punk has been boring. His feud with Jericho was good only because of Jericho promos. Also IMO the main event match should always be the match that most people are waiting to see, which is John Cena vs John Laurinaitis

Jericho carried the feud? It was more 50-50, I mean come on all Jericho said was "CM Drunk" Honestly Punk had good promos just as Jericho did.