PDA

View Full Version : The post WM cull. What happened to it?

URATOOL
05-19-2012, 03:01 AM
For several years now there has been a bit of a thinning of the ranks after WM. Yet this year seems to have broken that trend. The Bellas have gone, but that seems to be it. Big Show was storyline fired, but we all know he's coming back (possibly at this weekends PPV). In fact we seem to have gain several roster members since WM rather than losing some.

Do you think they'll still FE a few guys over the next few months or do you think the current roster is relatively safe for now?

B-MCINTYRE
05-19-2012, 03:07 AM
The roster cuts got FE'd

CM_SUXX_NOT
05-19-2012, 03:29 AM
Rather than cut the slack, they've extended the allotted time for Raw, even if the first hour is a "recap show".

There might be a few later on, though. Maybe after Summerslam. That was when Koslov/DHS/Masters left last year and Punk attacked Big Johnny for it.

TempestH
05-19-2012, 04:32 AM
We might not see much of any roster cuts. Between the Bellas leaving voluntarily, Edge's contract expiring, and the release of Goldust, a lot of funds are freed up. Jericho is leaving soon, which means guys may move up in the ranks as well.

Most of the guys debuting are heels, so they need faces to feud with. And since the new NXT consists mostly of FCW guys, most likely the low carders will be promoted and used to fill time on SmackDown or for the three hour RAW. We might even see the end of the Supershow and a re-enforced brand split. They do have the talent to pull it off, the talent just needs the opportunity.

HeelTurn
05-19-2012, 04:55 AM
Everyone, well nearly everyone is being given some sort of a direction. Ryan is paired with AW, JTG has a new stylist/manager with Fox, Kidd and Gabriel will continue as a tag tea when he returns from injury, and the Usos seem to be getting a push to.

thedag
05-19-2012, 06:26 AM
Everyone, well nearly everyone is being given some sort of a direction. Ryan is paired with AW, JTG has a new stylist/manager with Fox, Kidd and Gabriel will continue as a tag tea when he returns from injury, and the Usos seem to be getting a push to.

With the network starting this year and the revamp of NXT i dont think there will be any cuts. they got 9 hours of shows now so more then enough room for people. plus if they cut people who will job to Clay?

Tommy Thunder
05-19-2012, 07:20 AM
The roster cuts didn't happen until the summer last year, so I expect that they haven't been done yet.
However, I don't think we'll see as many talents cut this year, since the WWE Network is in the works. With X amount of hours to fill, there's enough space to fit in a lot of talent there. WWE are going to need all hands on deck realistically.

XxJPPRxX
05-19-2012, 10:49 AM
With the network starting this year and the revamp of NXT i dont think there will be any cuts. they got 9 hours of shows now so more then enough room for people. plus if they cut people who will job to Clay?

I agree more than enough hours of tv to get everyone involved on it. now they can even go full on and revamp the brand-split but properly this time with 3 brands , Raw vs. Smackdown vs. NXT if worked properly it could be nearly as good as the Alliance vs WWF and if they lose the PG and go to M or hell even PG-14 it could arguably be better IMO anyway.

Cabers
05-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Well with the announcement of a 3 hour RAW and a new development /NXT taping schedule add in the network launch i think everyone on the roster is safe for the time being.

URATOOL
05-19-2012, 05:09 PM

How do you get to 9 hours? Raw 3, Smackdown 2, Superstars 1 and NXT 1. Or did I miss an announcement?

Mikeyboy7777777
05-20-2012, 05:16 AM

if you read the spoilers you will realise that the push the usos are getting is pretty much non existant remember the usos won't get pushed until heels hold the tag team belts but on topic what will happen to hawkins & reks? i mean they are the current longest heel tag team together in the wwe haven't gotten the belts just like the face tag team of the usos a feud between these four would be awesome don't let them job their matches in the past were awesome i'm glad to see that mcgillicutty & tyson kidd are still feuding this feud is awesome:D the matches as well