PDA

View Full Version : Will Cody Rhodes appear at the Over the Limit PPV?

Dashing Rachel
05-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Despite feuding with Santino Marella at the moment, I don't see Cody Rhodes making an appearance at the Over the Limit PPV this Sunday. Instead, I think Brodus Clay versus The Miz and a Ryback squash match will be the probable unannounced matches. But I wouldn't count out Rhodes vs. Marella at No Way Out ​on June 17. What do you think?

HeelTurn
05-17-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm just glad his feud with Big Show is over, hoping for bigger and better things from him now.

bearkg88
05-17-2012, 07:51 PM
I could see Marella vs Rhodes announced on WWE.com before Sunday, or even unannounced but occuring at OTL. I realistically see them in some kind of match with a better build up going into NWO

Tommy Thunder
05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm just glad his feud with Big Show is over, hoping for bigger and better things from him now.

This.
The Cody/Big Show feud was boring as hell, so happy that it's over. Cody vs Santino should produce some entertaining matches with some actual wrestling involved.
No Cody at OTL though is a bid :(

blink
05-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Now don't get me wrong, because I like santino but wouldn't it be a step backward feuding with him after the big show feud?

IrkenInvader
05-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Now don't get me wrong, because I like santino but wouldn't it be a step backward feuding with him after the big show feud?

Big Show is a big of a joke as Santino is.

IrkenInvader
05-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Of course he won't. Obviously, we the fans want a 40 minute in ring promo instead.

URATOOL
05-18-2012, 02:08 AM
Of course he won't. Obviously, we the fans want a 40 minute in ring promo instead.

You seem particularly jaded recently.

TheBritishInvasion
05-18-2012, 02:22 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing them in a winner take all Ladder match with both titles on at No Way Out :)

URATOOL
05-18-2012, 04:04 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing them in a winner take all Ladder match with both titles on at No Way Out :)

Yes, but as a three way with Layla chucking her Diva's title into the mix.

TheBritishInvasion
05-18-2012, 09:10 AM

well Layla will obviously win that one :L

Cabers
05-18-2012, 04:01 PM

Oh god what have you done!!! WWE will read this as we want Cody vs Great Khali and they are crazy enough to do it.

HeelTurn
05-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Oh god what have you done!!! WWE will read this as we want Cody vs Great Khali and they are crazy enough to do it.

They've already jobbed Cody out to him...Brodus on the other hand...

PSOjedi
05-19-2012, 12:07 PM
I would love to see Cody vs Santino in a winner takes all match.
Cody wins and is the new IC/US champion

That would be so cool

Dashing Rachel
05-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Well, if not a bonus match we might see an in-ring segment. Now, there's a thought. Anyway, I expect the matches to be longer than usual.

edge
05-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Okay why in the hell did rhodes lose to santino. He has all the tools to be a maineventer. It doesnt make sence that he beat two legends like booker t and big show. And then they make him lose to a jobber. And why couldnt they have a rhodes vs ryder fued. They would have worked better in the ring. ryder is a bigger star than santino. This is why i get pissed off with wwe. Also they are both signed to diffrent shows. If there not going to treat the brandsplit with respect why dont they just end it.

Dashing Rachel
05-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Okay why in the hell did rhodes lose to santino. He has all the tools to be a maineventer. It doesnt make sence that he beat two legends like booker t and big show. And then they make him lose to a jobber. And why couldnt they have a rhodes vs ryder fued. They would have worked better in the ring. ryder is a bigger star than santino. This is why i get pissed off with wwe. Also they are both signed to diffrent shows. If there not going to treat the brandsplit with respect why dont they just end it.

I think this might explain why Cody Rhodes is in the doghouse with WWE Officials: http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/up-and-coming-wwe-star-requests-meeting-with-triple-h-john-laurinaitis-about-the-lack-of-top-heels-in-the-company-ends-up-getting-humbled-details-on-what-happened-that-resulted-in-eye-rolling-bo/ (Paid subscription)

The article states that Rhodes developed a prima donna attitude during his push late last year. According to the article, Rhodes got very demanding with Triple H and John Laurinaitus in regards to his huge push and it apparently didn't sit well with WWE Officials. The article also explains that fellow WWE Superstars were very upset with Rhodes' arrogant attitude as well. As a result, the WWE decided to punish Rhodes by losing most of his matches.

Keith Stone
05-19-2012, 06:32 PM
As a result, the WWE decided to punish Rhodes by losing most of his matches.

What WWE doesn't get is that they punish wrestlers at the expense of the audience

edge
05-19-2012, 06:36 PM
What WWE doesn't get is that they punish wrestlers at the expense of the audience
Your right there. It makes me laugh how they are doing this bully campain. When vince is a huge bully himself. Also if he is going to be losing why the hell didnt ryder get a win against him. He deserves it more than santino

Cynicism
05-19-2012, 06:51 PM

I can imagine a three way with Layla but it doesn't include Santino or Cody. Then again don't forget about the Golden Rule -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi7gwX7rjOw

Dashing Rachel
05-19-2012, 10:49 PM
It will definitely be a shame that Santino Marella vs. Cody Rhodes won't happen at the Over the Limit PPV. Instead, some lengthy in-ring segment featuring an unnamed WWE Hall of Famer (probably maybe Bret Hart) will make an appearance pleading John Laurinaitis to rehire the Big Show. Also, Santino and Cody aren't even advertised for the Over the Limit ​PPV.

edge
05-20-2012, 01:41 PM
I pretty much agree that WWE should at least find something more compelling for Cody Rhodes and Santino to do at the moment. Although I don't really mind Rhodes losing to Santino as it doesn't hurt his credibly that much. Losing to a guy like The Great Khali, well that's a different story. But khali is a former world champion